• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple facts that you may not know...

mixa

Banned via Warnings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_FURMlI76o&t=5m12s

this moment prompted me to test how samus' neutral B works against itself

so, in the charge shot, there are 8 levels of POWER. you increase a level each 20 frames of charging

cool thing: go to training mode, zoom in, put 1/4 speed and start charging. inside the charging beam you can see a space coin spinning counterclockwise and lapping each 20 frames

when two shots collide, 3 things can happen: http://i.imgur.com/5lsF6LP.png

1. one shot eats the other one and keeps going (win)
2. both shots clash and disappear (clash)
3. both shots just go through each other and keep going ( - )​

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i've always despised the fact that mario's fireballs will clank with all of samus's charge shots except the fully torqued one

so ****ing stupid

_CaKeS_

Smash Cadet
Not sure how many people know this but Ness can gain crazy horizontal distance if he double jump cancels into a back or down aerial. Jump, jump again and push as hard as you can to your back side (won't work with forward aerial), and the second your jump begins to gain vertical distance throw out a back aerial (in direction you jumped) or a down aerial (which requires pretty quick/precise analog movement, since you're going from directly right/left to down just enough to throw out the move). It happens quick enough to only have a very, VERY tiny delay after your second jump as to when you should throw out the attack, BUT it isn't instant. You can get across about half of Dreamland stage with this move alone, and it's very fast. I'll try to get a video of it by tomorrow to clarify, I'm sure it's nothing unseen but I've never seen it used in a real match. I've used it before to spike an unsuspecting opponent while being very far away fractions of a second before the spike (since you can start it from the middle of Dreamland, and glide to the edge and spike rather quickly).

Skrlx

Smash Champion
That is Ness 101

Ness sucks

Last edited:

_CaKeS_

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't think Ness is that bad, only thing that's seriously crap is his recovery, just look at his standings in the Tier List a while back before people figured out how crappy his recovery really was. But alright, wasn't sure if it was that known, I'm still going to try to get a video of me doing it because it feels like something that's not too easy to execute.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
First off, the reason why ness is bad is not just the recovery, it's also that ness is just plain bad. Bad defensive options, technical (which deters some from playing him,) and his range is not nearly as good as a lot of other characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_FURMlI76o&t=5m12s

this moment prompted me to test how samus' neutral B works against itself

so, in the charge shot, there are 8 levels of POWER. you increase a level each 20 frames of charging

cool thing: go to training mode, zoom in, put 1/4 speed and start charging. inside the charging beam you can see a space coin spinning counterclockwise and lapping each 20 frames

when two shots collide, 3 things can happen: http://i.imgur.com/5lsF6LP.png

1. one shot eats the other one and keeps going (win)
2. both shots clash and disappear (clash)
3. both shots just go through each other and keep going ( - )​
"Peace out *******" who said this at the end of the video loll

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'm guessing it's along the same lines of why you can't z cancel with R if you're holding z down?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
unless i'm very much mistaken we can add jpuff's pound to list of moves that clank with samus's fully twerked shot

aka thanks sakurai

mixa

Banned via Warnings
pound deals 13%, charged beam deals 26%, difference is higher than 8%, so the charged beam should win
but that's generally speaking, maybe pound has weird properties

edit: just tested it

aka can't let the salty samus mains do the samus work

but in your defense, if the charged beam is stale then yes it clashes

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
aka can't let the salty samus mains do the samus work
i have acquired the answers to nearly all of my samus questions from you mixa

it was probably stale, which is ****ing gay and the strongest projectile in the game should only clank with falcon punch and dk punch, not fsmashes and aerials

_CaKeS_

Smash Cadet
Ness can also replenish his edgehog invincibility by ledge stalling kinda like Pikachu. Push down, then use his PSI magnet technique and he'll re-grab the ledge immediately

_CaKeS_

Smash Cadet
Right, push down, jump, magnet. And yeah I figured, it certainly is a "simple fact" then

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
if you turn all items to "off", and then change the appearance %, exit the item switch, and then go back to the item switch menu, the appearance % will be whatever it was set to the last time you exited that menu with at least one item on.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Donkey Kong sadly can't connect his down-B to characters who are edgehogging. I'd think that the down-B can connect as long as the other character is on the ground, but not necessarily the same ground.

In hitbox mode, if you enter the barrel while doing a move, the character will visually finish the move's animation, but sadly you can't use that to your advantage, like charging the punch.

Somewhat similar to Ice Climbers' squall, DK can safely go from the DL respawn platform to the ledge with his up-B: http://gfycat.com/JitteryAcclaimedArmedcrab
For that to work, the up-B has to come out as if it were a grounded up-B. So the input must be frame perfect (up + B at the exact same time and on the first frame after dropping down from the elevator)
You can also safely go to the ledge by more simple stuff, but that's no fun.

Sangoku

Smash Master
For that to work, the up-B has to come out as if it were a grounded up-B. So the input must be frame perfect (up + B at the exact same time and on the first frame after dropping down from the elevator)
You can also safely go to the ledge by more simple stuff, but that's no fun.
You can also simply buffer up.

Hikari198

Smash Cadet
Not sure if anyone knows about this, or if I am wrong:
Pikas utilt clanks with pikas 30%+ downb

The Star King

Smash Hero
That's because Pikachu's 28% down b (don't know how you're ever getting 30%+) is 16% strong hit (which is what's being clanked with) + 12% lightning bolt

Last edited:

malva00

Smash Master
It is possible to go under (and to the other side) of the Great Fox in Sector Z using 2 Luigis. :luigi64:
There should be a go-around-the-great-fox-with-2-Luigis tournament at APEX (2 people per team; team that goes the farthest wins). Single elimination best of 1

Studstill

Smash Ace
There should be a go-around-the-great-fox-with-2-Luigis tournament at APEX (2 people per team; team that goes the farthest wins). Single elimination best of 1
I`ll go make the bracket right now. How about leave it open, teams can pick whatever combination of characters they want? Or perhaps like, round 1 is with Kirby or an 'easier' character, then Luigi or whatever and so on.
Oooh, or there could be no two person limit, and teams could be 1-4 people with the goal of moving all of them around the ship, maybe harder or easier with more people for some combinations. Man, everything I`m thinking of right now seems impossible, lol, but does going around the ship at all. :D

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
I tried to look through this whole thread to make sure this hasn't been posted already but it got really boring when people started arguing about CPU behavior.

If you only slightly hold down and hit B while on the respawn platform with Yoshi he does a standing down-B off the platform. On dreamland he lands perfectly between the platforms and hits the ground but he also hits most characters on the sides of the platforms too. It's pretty slow and useless though unless your opponent doesn't know you can do that and is caught off guard.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Also one time when I was on acid I could swear that when the camera zooms in the characters scale up at a slightly higher rate than the stage can anyone confirm//deny?

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
All the weird facts I know are related to speed running

-In metal cavern when you kirbycide metal mario dies before kirby for some reason
-On yoshi's story/dream land/battle field when the yoshis/kirbys/polygons spawn from the top they don't have invincibility and they won't do aerials so you can kill them for free with certain moves if you intercept them
-If you turn off the timer you can mash out of levels/bonuses faster saving you 12-15 seconds over the course of a run

Top Bottom