• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple combos for falcon starters?

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Combo number one. SFFL dair to SHFFL/full jump (depends on the enemy's percent) knee. XD

Its the basic Falcon combo that will stick with you for the rest of time you play Falcon.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
Nair to grab will get a lot of of the heavier characters. Dair, as stated, has lots of hitstun and is the the easiest combo starter to understand first. Setting someone up for uair, fastfall, knee will come eventually.

Geist

Smash Master
The simplest falcon combo is probably dair to knee. It's a basic combo that stays with you through your whole game.

There are alot of really easy combos that you can work with. Grabs at high percents lead to a knee, dair leads to a knee, upsmash leads to a knee, even knee leads to a knee.

If you want any more complex examples of falcon combos, grab a hat, put in paper that has the names of moves, and draw them out. Presto, you have yourself a Falcon combo.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
You forgot to mention you need to add 'The Knee' to the end of that combo ;(

But seriously, it all depends on the character. Against Link or Marth you can practically do anything you want. Like d-air, n-air, up-air, up-air, knee. Or up-throw, nair, up-air, knee.

Really, just watch good players and try to copy them. After a while you'll get a feeling for your own Falcon.

And never forget the Sacred Combo. Best combo ever.

tubes

Smash Ace
there are a few combos like dair to knee that are reliable bread and butter combos but I find as the combos get more advanced you really can't practice doing specific sequences of moves. Comboing turns into learning to hit him then hit him again then hit him again really well lol.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
^Yeah, beyond the 'bread and butter' combos, you just need to watch their DI. Also, against fast fallers at low percents, Raptor Boost to upsmash works fine, and you can try comboing further from there. It's just if they're at a low percent you don't have time to knee, and it wouldn't do a ton for you at that percent anyway. I used to just grab and try to techchase or something, but Raptor Boost to upsmash to up-air or whatever works fine, too.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Dair to Knee is like the most staple basic combo. Make sure to know it.

Nair to knee, and uair to knee are basic too. Go in training mode and practice these till you get them like 100% on no DI. then adapt to players DI...

then from there add moves in, like dair > side b > knee. etc etc. But nail those first three for starters ^_^

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
all you need to know is how to dair to knee and how to tech chase. that will let you beat most top tiers if applied correctly.

tubes

Smash Ace
alright here's a useful combo against Samus for you guys. Dair->uair->uair->uair->uair->uair->knee.

demodemo

Smash Ace
if it helps, the first combo i learned was dair > knee, then it was like raptor boost > knee

then raptor boost usmash, raptor boost usmash knee, etc.

just experiment, and repeat what works. even if we tell you what moves to do you still have to learn how to space them/time them

Bets

Smash Journeyman
almost all of falcons moves can start a combo. but an easy combo[IMO] would be stomp -> knee .

its universal for all characters

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
I'd say knee itself is good enough for a combo.

Seriously though, everyone's gotten teh basic stuff. And I always do d-throw to knee
I love weak knee to dj knee though.

Top Bottom