• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Super Castlevania IV was a really fun time. The game had good level design, pretty tight controls, sweet music. I managed to not save state until the last four bosses came. Those four were hard as hell, but it was an exhilarating time. I am starting to appreciate the atmosphere of the Castlevania series, after playing SCIV and the original Castlevania.

I get the feeling when Simon Belmont is in Smash, he will be someone that I will main heavily because of his long-reaching whip. If Simon can have his sub-weapons like holy water/boomerang, with the whip being able to be swung around like Sheik's chain like in Melee/Brawl, that would be great!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Now for the most important question, if Simon is in, what will be his trailer music?

The original Vampire Killer?

The Fan Favourite Bloody Tears?

Or his very own Theme of Simon?

(if the last one, they better keep the pipe organ)
Dunno, i think that smash version of bloody tears.

BUT i would put this song t the very beginning of the trailer...

While mario is running through a very dark forest, after a while we see another scene with the camera behind him while he is positioned before a portcullis, while in teh distance looms one old castle in front of the full moon... which starts to turn into a smash flaming sphere.

Axe armor trivia
Axe armor for smash!

D

Deleted member

WHAT A

HORRIBLE

NIGHT

BEFORE E3

See you guys tomorrow for the big event.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Congratulations on beating not only one of the best Castlevania titles, but also one of the best SNES titles (easily Top 20).

I am personally doubtful on Vergeben's claims (his Ridley information seems to be piggypacking on claims and rumors made by others). My attitude is going to be wait and see what is shown tomorrow.

That being said Castlevania is one of my favorite non-Nintendo franchises all of time (definitely Top 3). Super Castlevania IV, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and Castlevania Rondo of Blood are my three favorite games in the series, and among my favorite games on their prospective platforms (with Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood being my favorite games for the PS1 and Turbografx/Turbo CD/Turbo Duo respectively).

With Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man, Ryu, and Cloud all in Smash Bros., it seems odd that Castlevania, a franchise that is almost as synonymous with Nintendo consoles (especially the NES/Famicom) as Mega Man, has yet to have a presence in Smash Bros. Castlevania games were among the most popular and well received on the NES, SNES, GBA, and DS (as well as having received games on the GB, N64, Wii, and 3DS). Castlevania is a legendary game franchise, and like other historic franchises it definitely deserves a place on the roster.

Although my own personal favorite character in the series is Alucard, I definitely think Simon Belmont is by far the most fitting representative for the franchise. Not only has he been the main protagonist in the most installments, but he is also the first protagonist of the series and by far the most iconic of the whip-wielding protagonists to the series. It also helps that Castlevania, Castlevania II, and Super Castlevania IV were all on the NES and SNES Classic Editions. Simon Belmont represents this classic series (especially the action roots) the best of any character.

Another fantastic aspect of possible Castlevania inclusion would be the soundtrack remixes and arrangements. From Bloody Tears to Bloodlines, Castlevania has many memorable and iconic gaming tunes that are as legendary as the franchise that they hail from.

If Simon Belmont were to get in, he would definitely be a pleasant surprise character for me, considering how much I enjoyed this franchise, especially so Super Castlevania IV (which to this day still remains one of the most atmospheric games ever made).

Simon Belmont For Smash Bros.

Well, good luck everyone. Vergeben and stuff made me play Castelvania NES, and im currently playing CV4 based on recommendations to skip 2 and 3.

Good luck tomorrow. Can't say im personally too excited for Simon but he would definitely be cool. Good luck tomorrow, hopefully Verg was right!
:061:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just sad the classic Simon icon in my signature broke during the forum transition lol. Hoping for good things tomorrow!

D

Deleted member

Well ladies and gentlemen, we are on the final stage of this agonizing wait.

As the owner of this thread, it's satisfying to see people have some confidence on Simon despite all the hurdles. Shoutouts to jakeSSBU jakeSSBU and ChronoBound ChronoBound for dropping by and giving us the best of luck.

I remember wanting Simon Belmont in Smash since 2013, and i saw my teenage years go by waiting for that to happen, but to no avail.

The Nintendo Switch era is considered by many to be the era where many of Nintendo's mistakes are fixed and where dreams do come true. An Open World Zelda, a 64-Styled Mario game, Metroid Prime 4, the return of Kirby's old pals from the classic days, a new mainline console FE, etc. Could this be the Smash that turns my Simon Belmont in Smash dream a reality?

Honestly i have no idea what lies ahead, but whatever happens, let's hope it's for the best.

Finally to anyone that wants to see the Direct, you can Watch It Here.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Good luck everyone. Simon is my second most wanted character, so here's hoping Vergeben pulls through and we don't end up crying bloody tears this E3!

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Not gonna lie, ad time went on I really got into the Belmont groove.
He‘d fit the game like a glove! Here‘s to a good e3!

D

Deleted member

Im..........confused right now.

Ridley's been cofirmed, everyone is coming back inlcuding Snake.............but no sight of Simon.

and Bomberman is an AT (R.I.P) so Simon's basically the only viable Konami newcomer now (unles Sakurai feel adding Alucard instead which i dobut)

The only explanation i can have is that we have ****ty luck and Simon turned out to be the innacuarate part, or Simon is getting revealed later like with Pacman, but im not holding hope now.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think Ridley and Ice Climbers getting confirmed lends credence to the Simon leak... same with Snake's return. It shows Konami is willing to play cards with Nintendo. Simon's only real Konami Smash competition, Bomberman, also is out of the way too, so this could be his time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Calling it now: Simon is revealed at the Invitational. Notice there's space for one more character on the demo screen.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Calling it now: Simon is revealed at the Invitational. Notice there's space for one more character on the demo screen.
Oh, absolutely. It's all but certain now. Plus, with Bomberman as an AT, Konami has one more icon to put in Smash that's nowhere to be seen. I wonder if he'll show up *before* the Invitational so people can play him or just after?

I'm still processing this. It's so goddamn amazing.

D

Deleted member

Do you have any proof of that?

Im sorry, im too cynical as of now and i feel Simon is the "Chrom" or "Chorus Kids" of the Leak (as in the only character in the leak that is not playable)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Do you have any proof of that?

Im sorry, im too cynical as of now and i feel Simon is the "Chrom" or "Chorus Kids" of the Leak (as in the only character in the leak that is not playable)
????

That's not how leaks work. There's not *always* a thing that was leaked that isn't actually there.

Literally everything is in his favor right now. Why wouldn't you assume they want to draw things out? Like, getting Simon is more believable than "no cuts" and yet here we are.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
As Takamaru was apart of that "leak" he has now been deconfirmed. This means that that "leak list" is not accurate. However, Simon Belmont has not been deconfirmed.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
As Takamaru was apart of that "leak" he has now been deconfirmed. This means that that "leak list" is not accurate. However, Simon Belmont has not been deconfirmed.
Takamaru was part of that leak? Interesting.

I thought it was just Ridley, Snake, Ice Climbers and Simon.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Maybe I confused a different leak? There were so many.
You are. You're confusing the Imgur leak (That had Takamaru and Samurai Goroh on it, both confirmed to be Assist Trophies now) with the vergeben leak, which had "not cuts, ICs, Snake, Ridley and Simon Belmont" on it. So far, there's no reason to believe Simon won't get in, likely a final surprise announcement today considering he's a hype third party, based on how right Vergeben has been.

D

Deleted member

????

That's not how leaks work. There's not *always* a thing that was leaked that isn't actually there.

Literally everything is in his favor right now. Why wouldn't you assume they want to draw things out? Like, getting Simon is more believable than "no cuts" and yet here we are.
I know i know, but the point im trying to make here is that even the most accuarate leaks sometimes just.........mess up.

Remember the ESRB Leak? remember the Tharja trophy shown there? and how it was removed in the final version? Stuff like that makes me nervous

It's just that my heart cannot handle this.

But maybe you're right, let's not give up hope yet, because a Simon Belmont reveal in front of a live audience is too good to pass up (then again he did revealed Pac-Man at close doors)

Maybe I confused a different leak? There were so many.
The only leak that matters right now is the one made by Vergeben, which stated that everyone was coming back and Ridley was playable. Not only he was right about those things, but also right about a lot of previous leaks he made (Resident Evil 2 Remake, DMC V, etc)

Right now the only things left about his Smash leaks now are Minecraft representation and Simon Belmont.

Every other leak is just bull**** made on the spot.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I know i know, but the point im trying to make here is that even the most accuarate leaks sometimes just.........mess up.

Remember the ESRB Leak? remember the Tharja trophy shown there? and how it was removed in the final version? Stuff like that makes me nervous

It's just that my heart cannot handle this.

But maybe you're right, let's not give up hope yet, because a Simon Belmont reveal in front of a live audience is too good to pass up (then again he did revealed Pac-Man at close doors)

The only leak that matters right now is the one made by Vergeben, which stated that everyone was coming back and Ridley was playable. Not only he was right about those things, but also right about a lot of previous leaks he made (Resident Evil 2 Remake, DMC V, etc)

Right now the only things left about his Smash leaks now are Minecraft representation and Simon Belmont.

Every other leak is just bull**** made on the spot.
And remember that his Minecraft thing was a "maybe" (he said there *might* be Minecraft representation) whereas he was certain about Simon.

And the Tharja trophy *was* in the game, just likely taken out later. That's not a thing that could happen with a full-on character addition, (getting past the development stages at least) a 3rd party one especially.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And remember that his Minecraft thing was a "maybe" (he said there *might* be Minecraft representation) whereas he was certain about Simon.

And the Tharja trophy *was* in the game, just likely taken out later. That's not a thing that could happen with a full-on character addition, (getting past the development stages at least) a 3rd party one especially.
Yeah my pessimism got the best of me.

Now, we have something to look foward to:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Yeah my pessimism got the best of me.

Now, we have something to look foward to:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
"Pokemon Trainer counts as one; number includes Echo Fighters."

So if you take 65, add 3 (Lucina, Pittoo, and Daisy being counted as seperate from their respective counterparts) and subtract 2 (PokeTrainer's Pokemon being counted as one), it equals 66.

I think that might be all the fighters, unless Sakurai surprises us with more.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
"Pokemon Trainer counts as one; number includes Echo Fighters."

So if you take 65, add 3 (Lucina, Pittoo, and Daisy being counted as seperate from their respective counterparts) and subtract 2 (PokeTrainer's Pokemon being counted as one), it equals 66.

I think that might be all the fighters, unless Sakurai surprises us with more.
Except on the same website, all the PT Pokémon are counted as a separate character. (Click on the PT page) And Ridley is #65, so if you take it literally and disregard the Echoes since they seem to be bonus, we’re at 65.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Simon has to be 66

And I'm sure there is atleast 3-6 more newcomers for the base roster

And dlc may let a couple of more in as playable

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well...........there goes Simon's potential reveal at the invitational.

Im not holding hope for Simon's reveal in E3 (back in 2014 everyone was saying there was going to be some sort of Smash reveal at the Treehouse and nothing happened, so im not expecting it)

Maybe in a future Direct.

I mean, there has to be more newcomers than just those 4 right?

........right?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Pac Man got revealed behind closed doors it could happen.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well...........there goes Simon's potential reveal at the invitational.

Im not holding hope for Simon's reveal in E3 (back in 2014 everyone was saying there was going to be some sort of Smash reveal at the Treehouse and nothing happened, so im not expecting it)

Maybe in a future Direct.

I mean, there has to be more newcomers than just those 4 right?

........right?
I mean, definitely. Remember how Bill Trinen said they still had some surprises left for the rest of the year leading up to the reveal.

Also as I recall Verg never specifically said Simon would be at E3, I think that only applies to Ridley.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I definitely still think he's in the game, but maybe he just wasn't an E3 reveal. Or he was, and they ended up moving his announcement to a later date for some reason.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
inb4 hge gets revealed like pacman.

still, i braced myslef previously considered that a part of the verge leak was false considering teh various sources thing.
but still, there are still a couple of fighters lef to be revealed, and still, Verge sources were legit, no doubt.

D

Deleted member

Man, I really want Simon Belmont in Smash 5. I was hoping the leak would be true. :(
It kiiinda is.

Remember, when Sal Romano first mentioned Mega Man, Villager (called animal Crossing guy) Wii Fit Trainer, the Miis, Pac-Man and Little Mac, he said all of them would be revealed at E3 2013, but that didn't end up happening (and yet they all got in)

As far as im concerned, Simon was never said to be revealed at E3 (even though that's where Third Parties newcomers are revealed most of the time) so i wouldn't throw the towel yet.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
It kiiinda is.

Remember, when Sal Romano first mentioned Mega Man, Villager (called animal Crossing guy) Wii Fit Trainer, the Miis, Pac-Man and Little Mac, he said all of them would be revealed at E3 2013, but that didn't end up happening (and yet they all got in)

As far as im concerned, Simon was never said to be revealed at E3 (even though that's where Third Parties newcomers are revealed most of the time) so i wouldn't throw the towel yet.
Well I haven't given up Simon. Bomberman being confirmed to be an AT makes me think Simon's chances has gone up. The Captain N trio needs to be reunited!!! :smash:

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Just saying that Verg isn't the only one that has been saying Ridley and Simon. It was going around for a while, but he is the only one that went out and said it.

....anyway, really hope Simon is in. With Bomberman disconfirmed he is the only 3rd party I really care about now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom