• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
That leak was true about all the characters returning and Ridley being playable for Smash Ultimate wonder when Simon will be shown.
Taking into consideration that Vergeben's leak is looking very true, I'd assume that he will be unveiled within the next six months whether it is during an event such as EVO, SDCC, Gamescom, TGS etc or in a future Nintendo Direct.

You can add me to the list of supporters for Simon Belmont's inclusion for Smash as well.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I definitely want it to be his Chronicles look. Ayami Kojima's art IS Castlevania to me. It also seems to be the one most of his previous crossover appearances is based on, so I think it's the one Konami considers to be his "canon" appearance.

Also wouldn't be disappointed to see Trevor as an Echo Fighter. :p

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
The original Conan look from the first Castlevania is best. The Simon’s Quest design and the Chronicles design and the Super Castlevania IV design could be alternate costumes. Maybe a recolor for each of the four costumes so we have eight.

Just no Judgment design. :scared:
After sleeping on it and getting a chance to put in more thought, the Conan look would work best overall. His color pallets could be then used as references to other designs he had in his games.

For example:
Tan & Red with blonde hair (just like in the picture in HylianHeroBigBoss's post) would be the default.
Red & Black with blonde hair would be based on Castlevania 2's design.
Grey & Gold with brown hair would be based on Super Castelvania IV's sprite.
Brown & Gold with black hair and darker skin would be based on Haunted Castle.
Black & Dark Red with red hair would be based on the Chronicles design.
Blue & White with brown hair would be based on Richter Belmont.
White & Black/Red with black hair would be based on Trevor Belmont.
Black & Gold with white hair and lighter skin would be based on Alucard.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I definitely want it to be his Chronicles look. Ayami Kojima's art IS Castlevania to me. It also seems to be the one most of his previous crossover appearances is based on, so I think it's the one Konami considers to be his "canon" appearance.
Even so, we've seen with Pac-Man that Sakurai gets final say over which design gets used. Even giving Namco the ultimatum that if he couldn't use the 90s look, Pac-Man wouldn't get in at all. If Sakurai wants the Conan look, which I think he will, then that's what we get. That's the one with significance and history with Nintendo.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m almost positive Simon will get a 100% completely new design for Smash, much like how Roy and Sheik have. They’ll be very reminiscent of designs from the past, maybe even a combination of multiple designs, but all in all it’ll be a new style.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Simon's main look will probably be a new design that's an extreme HD version of his NES sprite in the same vein as Mega Man in Smash 4, although if it does take additional inspiration from an other sources, my first guess would be Super Castlevania IV. His Chronicles design seems like a likely choice for an alternate costume, since A. it's a really cool design and B. it was the design used in the last fighting game that he was in (DreamMix TV World Fighters).

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Taking into consideration that Vergeben's leak is looking very true, I'd assume that he will be unveiled within the next six months whether it is during an event such as EVO, SDCC, Gamescom, TGS etc or in a future Nintendo Direct.

You can add me to the list of supporters for Simon Belmont's inclusion for Smash as well.
Yeah thats possible I hope Simon comes to smash ultimate we got Snake Simon will be so sick as a fighter plus he has that Nintendo History with Nes. Man if I cant Bomberman then I'll support Simon for smash ultimate. Oh wait did Reggie says that Nintendo got more announcements next 2 weeks maybe will see Simon Reveal trailer or someone else.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah thats possible I hope Simon comes to smash ultimate we got Snake Simon will be so sick as a fighter plus he has that Nintendo History with Nes. Man if I cant Bomberman then I'll support Simon for smash ultimate. Oh wait did Reggie says that Nintendo got more announcements next 2 weeks maybe will see Simon Reveal trailer or someone else.
Wait, did Reggie really say that? Source?

Kain6th

Smash Ace
when did reggie say this?

D

Deleted member

Golden Icarus Golden Icarus , do you think you can re-do the Simon Belmont signature icons? (both the Classic and Chonricles versions)

Also thank you guys for keeping this in the first page, i don't want Simon Belmont to fall behind.

D

Deleted member

Uh Oh.
VERGEBEN said:
It's ok. Don't worry about it.
I heard that at minimum, there are at least a half dozen characters still to be revealed. But I don't know who any of them outside of Simon are yet.
Oh and also, someone did a question if any of these remaining characters were Echo Fighters, and he answered with this:
VERGEBEN said:
That I'm not sure of yet. Sorry. I am working on trying to find out though
Also someone asked about Simon's reveal and the Konami games at E3 and this was his response:
VERGEBEN said:
I don't know when exactly he will be, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to be thematic and reveal him in October for Halloween since Castlevania has that vibe to it.
According to Giant Bomb, whatever Konami showed yesterday at E3 is embargoed until Wednesday. So it was a behind closed doors thing from the sound of it, which is most likely one of those two Castlevania titles.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
At least 6 more characters ain’t bad, particularly if one is Simon. That nets us 9+ newcomers. Close to expectations.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Embargoed until Wednesday? Which Wednesday? The Wednesday following the Tuesday when Smash Ultimate was revealed? Or next week Wednesday?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
@Tord the Red Leader add me to the list please.

Anyways, if he makes it in i hope there's a healty number of content from the GBA/NDS era Castlevania, specially Aria of Sorrow onward, at least one song and trophy per game.
I'd be very surprised if Soma Cruz didn't get a trophy at least. Some music would be great too. Castlevania has so many good songs as a who that hard part is figuring which ones to include.

D

Deleted member

Embargoed until Wednesday? Which Wednesday? The Wednesday following the Tuesday when Smash Ultimate was revealed? Or next week Wednesday?
Next week Wednesday since the post was made today.

I asked him about why Hypersport R wasn't affected by the embargo, but i think there may be a reason if this is a Castlevania game:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Just a reminder that Konami has used "Simon" twice in the last year and both times they defaulted to the classic design.

mainv_pc.0 (1).jpg

Simon.png

Last edited:

LilTurel

Smash Cadet
I support Simon for smash. Hoping the leak is true. If so I'm going to try to main him.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Just a reminder that Konami has used "Simon" twice in the last year and both times they defaulted to the classic design.
Hmm, and that's usually not the case.

I wonder if the deal with Nintendo was already finalized and, knowing how Nintendo was going to make him look in Smash, decided all of their stuff going forward was going to promote that design, because that's the one all the new Smash fans were going to want to see.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I thought the same thing. Simon being used, and Simon being used with this design, doesn't effect Simon's chances of getting in the game.

It might be a sign that Konami knows Sakurai is using this design, though, as it would make sense for them to get a head start on capitializing on his future Smash noteriety.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really hope Simon Belmont is a new playable fighter. He’s my most-wanted third-party character. Simon Belmont being playable in Smash would make me feel better about being denied the opportunity to play as Toad and Meowth in Smash for the umpteenth time.

Just like how Duck Hunt Dog, my most-wanted retro character, being playable made me feel better about being unable to play as Toad and Meowth in SSB4.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Simon is getting a rerate in the RTC today, please come show your support yet again.

LancerJayden

Smash Rookie
Anyone else think Simon's final smash will be his Vampire Killer Hyper Move from Castlevania Judgement?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Anyone else think Simon's final smash will be his Vampire Killer Hyper Move from Castlevania Judgement?
It's pretty plausible since they've moved away from the more creative/unique final smashes and moved onto cinematic/beat up ones instead.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
As a huge fan of classic Castlevania, Simon Belmont is the character I never realized I wanted and was in full support of until these rumors started circling again. He would be an incredibly hype reveal as both a valid third party guest character from Nintendo's past and just as a more unique fighter in his own rite. I want to see this happen now... (Damn Smash Boards always makes me like this with Smash speculation)

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Either that, or Richter's Grand Cross item crush. Which always felt like the most super art move in the Belmont's arsenal in the series.
With Simon Belmont having Belnades ancestry, it's possible for Simon to wield powers like Richter can. Thing is, we haven't seen pre-Lords of Shadow Simon use same kind of power as Richter could, canonically speaking. It'd look cool for Simon to have that as a Final Smash.

D

Deleted member

My idea for a Final Smash is for Simon to use the Rosary.

For those not in the know, in the sidescrolling Castlevania games there is an item called the Rosary that eliminates all enemies on screen.

Of course, making it work exactly like in the games would make it underwhelming compared to all the flashy FS in the game, so i figured out that instead of making it 1:1 to it's source material, it could be a "composite" Final Smash where the Rosary emits a giant cross similar to Julius's Giant Cross and if that is too short ranged, it could have a "Vacuum" effect where the opponents are brought closer and closer and the opponent must run against the wind in order to escape.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Goddamn I cannot stress enough how much I love Snake's render in this game.
I can not WAIT to see what Simon's will look like. Seriously, the Renders in this game are phenomenal.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Here's the only problem I see with maybe using Grand Cross.

Is Nintendo going to be okay with an attack that throws giant crucifixes all over the screen?

With Simon Belmont having Belnades ancestry, it's possible for Simon to wield powers like Richter can. Thing is, we haven't seen pre-Lords of Shadow Simon use same kind of power as Richter could, canonically speaking. It'd look cool for Simon to have that as a Final Smash.
Considering Leon has more magical powers than any of the Belmonts, I don't really think ancestry with the Belnades is a prerequisite.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Personally, I doubt Nintendo would want religious symbolism in Smash (moveset wise), so for Simon, they'd probably do something more cinematic and related to the mystery and dark of Castlevania. Say, like a blood-red moon appears and there's some magical effects that tear the enemy up, before Simon strikes a pose with a final whip right in front of the moon as a swarm of bats race into the night sky, crossing over the large moon, in this sort of pose:

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Uh Oh.

Oh and also, someone did a question if any of these remaining characters were Echo Fighters, and he answered with this:

Also someone asked about Simon's reveal and the Konami games at E3 and this was his response:
I guess I'll bring this up here. I wouldn't trust Verge on the fact of how much he gets wrong with fighting games and how much he got wrong at E3.

He claimed that there would be two Castlevania game announced at E3. Not only did Konami not show off two games, the one game they did reveal was Hyper Sports R. See: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/konami_is_resurrecting_hyper_sports_for_the_nintendo_switch

How I know he was making stuff up is actually something Nintendo Everything pointed out. You can see there tweet here: https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1007724569212477440

Helpful reminder for E3 "rumors" next year - don't go by http://mapyourshow.com as the number or type of games companies will show or announce at E3.
Example: many sites said Konami would announce two Switch games based on this page: https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=4XTDjeQv …. Only game announced was Hyper Sports R.
Another example: some said Capcom would announce an action/adventure game for Switch based on this page: https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=3FHJ8WVE … Only Mega Man 11 was shown (previously announced)
There is also Star Fox Grand Prix which didn't happen either. I expect this was a few people getting dupped by a fake logo and didn't bother to check if it was just an edit (which it was).

The reason he was "right" is because either A)He was just guessing which explains how he didn't know certain aspects (all the characters returning) and somethings he said not happening or B)One of the competitors for the International leaked who was in the demo build which included Snake, Ridley and a lot of the DLC characters (why he said no cuts). This is likely why a lot of Resetera people know about Ridley. If either of these is the case, its unlikely he knows any more than you and I do. It's doubtful he has any insider information on Konami as he thought there were two games when there weren't. I could be wrong, but just don't get your hopes up.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I guess I'll bring this up here. I wouldn't trust Verge on the fact of how much he gets wrong with fighting games and how much he got wrong at E3.

He claimed that there would be two Castlevania game announced at E3. Not only did Konami not show off two games, the one game they did reveal was Hyper Sports R. See: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/konami_is_resurrecting_hyper_sports_for_the_nintendo_switch

How I know he was making stuff up is actually something Nintendo Everything pointed out. You can see there tweet here: https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1007724569212477440

There is also Star Fox Grand Prix which didn't happen either. I expect this was a few people getting dupped by a fake logo and didn't bother to check if it was just an edit (which it was).

The reason he was "right" is because either A)He was just guessing which explains how he didn't know certain aspects (all the characters returning) and somethings he said not happening or B)One of the competitors for the International leaked who was in the demo build which included Snake, Ridley and a lot of the DLC characters (why he said no cuts). This is likely why a lot of Resetera people know about Ridley. If either of these is the case, its unlikely he knows any more than you and I do. It's doubtful he has any insider information on Konami as he thought there were two games when there weren't. I could be wrong, but just don't get your hopes up.

And yet he got Ridley playable and revealed at E3, Snake comes back and no cuts correct

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Not only he got things right like Ridley being shown at E3, no cuts and Snake back (which wery few saw as possible, considering Konami situation), he claimed the 2 Castlevania games well before that listing from mapyourshows.com .
Also Star Fix Grand Prix was never said to be revealed at E3, and even after Verge's initial leak other insiders backed it. Even Liam Robertson claimed it was real in one of his podcasts.
And again, he was the first one to report that Bandai Namco was the developer of Metroid Prime 4, which was later unofficially confirmed by Eurogamer.

I understand not wanting to jump on the hype train, and taking everything with a grain of salt, but he is probably on something. He mentioned that there is a Konami game under embargo until Wednesday. If a Castlevania game is revealed that day, then he has real knowledge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom