• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Just finished watching the Netflix series and I'm pretty hyped up.

Anyway, should Smash Run return and Simon gets in, which enemies do you think they would include or would work best? I'm thinking either Flea Men, Bone Towers or Madusa Heads.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Anyway, should Smash Run return and Simon gets in, which enemies do you think they would include or would work best? I'm thinking either Flea Men, Bone Towers or Madusa Heads.
Those are all great. Bone Dragons were always iconic for the series to me as well. And you can't have Medusa Heads without Axe Armors!

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Those are all great. Bone Dragons were always iconic for the series to me as well. And you can't have Medusa Heads without Axe Armors!
Those would be perfect too.

I know it's a lot of big ifs, but it would be nice to also have more than just one enemy from third party games. There's loads of unique foes that, when mixed with what we already got, would really spice things up.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just finished watching the Netflix series and I'm pretty hyped up.

We should have iconic Castlevania enemies that are only in Castlevania games and not in other game series. That means no enemies like Vampire Bats (too generic that it could easily be from anywhere) or Fish Men (too similar to Zora enemies from Zelda games). Remember... Castlevania enemies that are unmistakably from Castlevania only.

Zombie
1529435151105.png

Medusa Head
1529435194551.png

White Skeleton
1529435243046.png

Red Skeleton
1529435264950.png

Flea Man
1529435447116.png

Bone Pillar
1529435493089.png

Axe Armor
1529435733025.png

White Dragon
1529435559532.png

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
My idea for a Castlevania stage would be one of the Dracula final boss rooms.

These in particular. Knowing Sakurai, Dracula would probably be put in as a stage hazard as well.

D

Deleted member

My idea for a Castlevania stage would be one of the Dracula final boss rooms.

These in particular. Knowing Sakurai, Dracula would probably be put in as a stage hazard as well.
Im just thankful Smash Ultimate has a Hazard Toggle, so i don't have to realy on Omega and Battlefield modes to have a less intrusive Dracula's Castle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Im just thankful Smash Ultimate has a Hazard Toggle, so i don't have to realy on Omage and Battlefield modes to have a less intrusive Dracula's Castle.
Yeah, thank goodness for that. Would be awesome to have a tourney legal CV stage to hear the music if nothing else.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'd say the three most iconic CV locations are the Castle Entrance, the Clocktower and Dracula's Throne Room.

The Clocktower is probably the one that offers the most interesting opportunities for a Smash stage. Bunch of giant gears and swinging pendulums.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
heh, i remember doing some "clocktower" stages back in brawl stage builder.

Im wondering if we could get a "Dracula Castle" stage similar to great cave offensive.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Considering how Castlevania level design is more vertical than most other games, I could see them develop a vertical stage where at the bottom is the Clock Tower and on top of it there is Dracula's throne, alongside the famous Giant Staircase.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Considering how Castlevania level design is more vertical than most other games, I could see them develop a vertical stage where at the bottom is the Clock Tower and on top of it there is Dracula's throne, alongside the famous Giant Staircase.
Ugh... I hope the Castlevania stage is not another Icicle Mountain or Rumble Falls.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Ugh... I hope the Castlevania stage is not another Icicle Mountain or Rumble Falls.
I actually pictured it in my head like Hyrule Temple. A big stage with several smaller location.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Ideally I’d love his stage to be the outside staircase from symphony of the nights intro with the castle and moon in the background. It would be interconnected to the throne room, with candelabra spread out among both
1529465487992.gif

1529465517658.gif

(Possible hidden rooms too)
1529465611701.gif

Last edited:

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Ideally I’d love his stage to be the outside staircase from symphony of the nights intro with the castle and moon in the background. It would be interconnected to the throne room, with candelabra spread out among both
This person has the best ideas in this thread.

A Castlevania stage with extra rooms/platforms that open up by hitting switches is absolutely the most creative and appropriate representation for Castlevania in Smash I've ever heard proposed.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'd say the three most iconic CV locations are the Castle Entrance, the Clocktower and Dracula's Throne Room.

The Clocktower is probably the one that offers the most interesting opportunities for a Smash stage. Bunch of giant gears and swinging pendulums.
I second the Clock Tower. It's a reoccurring location that is iconic to the Castlevania series (and overall seems to be only associated with that series). The gears and pendulums would keep things interesting with moving platforms as opposed to more static locations. It would be the best contender to bring something uniquely Castlevania to the series.

D

Deleted member

Since there are probably some supporters here that have only played a certain amount of Castlevania games and want to know more about the story of the franchise, here's a video about the Castlevania Timeline. This one talks about the begginings of the Belmont Clan and Dracula's origins.

WARNING, CONTAINS NON-KID FRIENDLY IMAGERY (Not Mortal Kombat Levels of Gore, but certainly violent) DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

Tomrrow i will post the next part.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was wondering. Does the anime cover the events of the games or is it a separate storyline?

I keep meaning to check out the show, though I don't know much about Castlevania as a series.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Mark my words!
When Simon is announced for the game, Tumblr will turn him into a RICARDO yaoi symbol.
Long hair, poses, lashes and everything.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I was wondering. Does the anime cover the events of the games or is it a separate storyline?

I keep meaning to check out the show, though I don't know much about Castlevania as a series.
So far Season 1 ends when the game begins. But you can watch it without having any Castlevania knowledge.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

Covers the begginings of the events of CV 3 for the NES areound 3 or 4 stages.
Then again, is a NES game, while CV3 story was very interesting for its age... is still a NES game, so yeah, isnt exactly deep or convulted. and no, you dont neeed castlevania knowledge. that series manages to be very close to its source material YET, it doesnt forgets that is a tv series first and foremost, so the narrative isn't exclusive.

in other news.... no mysterious embargo lifted it seems.... damn, i really wanted that "castlevania collection"... well, is not like we didnt have bloodstained though <3

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord

It sets things up for the start of Castlevania 3, but with only four episodes, it feels more like the actual story will start next season. It's well done, but needs more episodes.

Mark my words!
When Simon is announced for the game, Tumblr will turn him into a RICARDO yaoi symbol.
Ugh, just the thought of Simon with one of those hideous"Tumblr noses" makes my stomach churn.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Mark my words!
Like a JoJo character? I'm all for that. JoJo Belmont in Smash 6!

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
As others have said, it's basically an adaptation of CV3, in so much as those are the characters in it. But CV3 doesn't really have a plot in the first place.
Well, Castlevania IS the story of one family constantly harassing this same poor vampire over and over again across generations.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Grain of salt

The vergeben Mentioned minecraft involvement in smash and Nintendo is talking with Xbox

But don't take it for granite

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm a huge fan of Castlevania and i'd love to see Simon in there, I'd also be very supportive of his alts being the other Belmonts ala Bowser Jr

You could have Trevor, Richter, Juste, Julius, Sonia, Leon, Christopher (Or Gabriel if you want to acknowledge Lords of Shadow)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
That timeline video series is neat, but it takes a few odd liberties to try and fit it all into one cohesive timeline. Like the Vampire Killer getting cursed after Richter's possession when the game doesn't really explain why he was the last one to wield it until Julius (ignoring Reinhardt Schneider...).

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Late reply but this just gave me the mental image of Simon kicking into Draculas castle and pulling out a random Tommy Gun and shooting Up the place before pulling out the whip.

I think my P2 bias is showing.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That timeline video series is neat, but it takes a few odd liberties to try and fit it all into one cohesive timeline. Like the Vampire Killer getting cursed after Richter's possession when the game doesn't really explain why he was the last one to wield it until Julius (ignoring Reinhardt Schneider...).
Jonathan used it in Portrait of Ruin after a fasion. So did his dad in Bloodlines come to think of it.

D

Deleted member

Here's Part 3:

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

By the way guys, since Snake is back, do you think we could see some Simon Belmont codecs? Or Palutena's Guidances for that matter?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
By the way guys, since Snake is back, do you think we could see some Simon Belmont codecs? Or Palutena's Guidances for that matter?
Can't see why we couldn't have both, although that would be tons of effort to get those all done for how many characters we have already.

I'd love to see what Snake & Pit would have to say about Simon and I wonder if they'd sneak in a Captain N reference with Palutena's Guidance.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Can't see why we couldn't have both, although that would be tons of effort to get those all done for how many characters we have already.
I don't see any reason they couldn't reuse the ones they already have. That means you'd only have to do a handful for Pit so far.

More for Snake obviously, but still not a ton.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I've honestly never played a Castlevania game in my life, but I support Simon Belmont. Even I can see that he's a classic Nintendo icon and could bring a lot to smash despite not having much experience with the series besides the Netflix show.

I do hope if Simon gets in, we get a huge temple/Palutena's temple sized stage for Dracula's Castle. Heck i wouldn't mind any stage as long as we get some of that awesome Castlevania music.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I've honestly never played a Castlevania game in my life, but I support Simon Belmont. Even I can see that he's a classic Nintendo icon and could bring a lot to smash despite not having much experience with the series besides the Netflix show.

I do hope if Simon gets in, we get a huge temple/Palutena's temple sized stage for Dracula's Castle. Heck i wouldn't mind any stage as long as we get some of that awesome Castlevania music.
If you do wish to make the plunge into the series I'd recommend Castlevania 4 or Rondo of Blood for a first Classicvania or Symphony of the Night & Aria of Sorrow for a first Metroidvania.

I started with these and I found myself going into the entire series, back in like 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom