• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

OP Updated, now inclued Newcomer Stock Icons, big and small, in the Style of Ultimate, for anyone that wants to use it in their signture.

Classic Simon (by splat splat ):

Chronicles Simon (by KMDP KMDP ):

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Lets talk music, because castlevanias legendary music is going to be an enormous get for this game. I can already imagine so many new remix's and organ based versions of all our favorite themes.

Id assume the trailer hes revealed in will almost certainly be accompanied by "Vampire Killer" or "Simons theme". But one ive always enjoyed is castlevania 3's prelude, it might be too low and slow for gameplay, but weve had songs like it before so id love to see what they could do with it.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Prelude would be nice, I hope we get heart of fire in some fashion.

Honestly if the Belmont alts I want happen exist, then we could get all of their themes too.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Since I was bored, I drew a potential look that merges Simon's appearances trough the years. I'm not particularly skilled at drawing, but here it is:
Progetto - Drawing 11140786068.png

I also made a red hair alt:
Progetto - Drawing 1197368572.png

Last edited:

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
one news is that konami was going to announce 2 games for switch in E3 2018, but they only announced 1, after that the media org does not say anything about the second game ....

Last edited:

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
I have never been hyped up that hard for Castlevania in Smash before.

Literally EVERYWHERE I go I'm seeing people talking about Simon even though by the time of Smash 4 they didn't even bother to talk about him, it's like a dream taking shape !

If he gets in the same game as Ike, and Shulk, my heart won't handle it I can swear it. I'll legit die from hype overload.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I have never been hyped up that hard for Castlevania in Smash before.

Literally EVERYWHERE I go I'm seeing people talking about Simon even though by the time of Smash 4 they didn't even bother to talk about him, it's like a dream taking shape !

If he gets in the same game as Ike, and Shulk, my heart won't handle it I can swear it. I'll legit die from hype overload.
I hope in some months time we can look back and be like "Yeah Simon is in booooys"

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Count me in as a supporter!
my hopes are through the roof this time!

I'm hoping if he's in they go the route of doing both original look and a chronicles look.
because the original is the original so I doubt he would be in without it.
but on the other hand I really want to be a gothic pretty boy as I'm slaying my foes!

the combined looks is a cool idea. but I don't really see something like that happening. redesigning the look of a nintendo character is one thing. but redesigning another companies character?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I was just wondering. What would you guys do for his final smash?

I was actually thinking Greatest Five from portrait of ruin but more of all the Belmonts.

Maybe that'd be too much like Megaman though.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Ever since the Vergeben leaks turned out to be mostly true I’ve been psyched about Simon getting in. He would actually make a good foil to Bayonetta, especially considering Bat Within.

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
I have a crazy theory: according to konami they were going to announce 2 switch games, but in the end they only announced one and according to the other it was going to be castlevania collection, later they don't announce simon belmont in smash, and to finish they just delayed the premiere of the second season of castlevania, maybe they will make a mega announcement of the return of castlevania in Autumn?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I feel like Simon would have a grudge/rivalry with Meta Knight because of how much he looks like a vampire.
Or Bayonetta I was thinking.
Would be cool if Simon had a specific ability to deal with counters. (I guess a long range grab could work).

Are we still getting Newcomer art posters from they original artists? Cause a Simon in Smash poster drawn by the original artist would be amazing.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really hope Simon Belmont is really a new playable fighter. :(

Please don't fail me Vergeben. I lost Meowth. I lost Toad. Can I at least have Simon Belmont? :sadeyes:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Are we still getting Newcomer art posters from they original artists? Cause a Simon in Smash poster drawn by the original artist would be amazing.
It's...strange. So far I have seen an Inkling art, but I have to see one for Ridley. Apparently the Inkling one was posted on Splatoon's official social pages, but still.
smash-bros-inkling-656x928.jpg

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Or Bayonetta I was thinking.
Would be cool if Simon had a specific ability to deal with counters. (I guess a long range grab could work).

Bayo would make more sense to me. Maybe one of the event matches could center around him battling the more "monsterous" characters.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Bayo would make more sense to me. Maybe one of the event matches could center around him battling the more "monsterous" characters.
Maybe having an event with Simon vs Ridley. You know, because Metroidvania.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only Castlevania game I own and have played is Super Castlevania 4. I was mainly inspired to pick the game up because of the AVGN Castlevania retrospective video covering it. It's one of the few Super Nintendo games I missed out on growing up, and got to play it for the first time 7 years ago. It was an incredible experience. If Simon is designed anything like the classic version, and not the Chronicles depiction, he would totally be a cool addition to the roster.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Lets talk music, because castlevanias legendary music is going to be an enormous get for this game. I can already imagine so many new remix's and organ based versions of all our favorite themes.

Id assume the trailer hes revealed in will almost certainly be accompanied by "Vampire Killer" or "Simons theme". But one ive always enjoyed is castlevania 3's prelude, it might be too low and slow for gameplay, but weve had songs like it before so id love to see what they could do with it.

It must have this song:

Oddball

Smash Lord
The event name?

"Die monster, you don't belong in this world!"
I'd prefer that to be his taunt. It might be a bit long though. Maybe just have him point dramatically and exclaim "Die Monster!".

For an event, we could go with "What a Horrible Night to have a Curse."

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Count me in as a supporter!
my hopes are through the roof this time!

I'm hoping if he's in they go the route of doing both original look and a chronicles look.
because the original is the original so I doubt he would be in without it.
but on the other hand I really want to be a gothic pretty boy as I'm slaying my foes!

the combined looks is a cool idea. but I don't really see something like that happening. redesigning the look of a nintendo character is one thing. but redesigning another companies character?
I really think a 4/4 breakdown with classic and Chronicles looks is super likely considering Bayo and Cloud.

I was just wondering. What would you guys do for his final smash?

I was actually thinking Greatest Five from portrait of ruin but more of all the Belmonts.

Maybe that'd be too much like Megaman though.
If you just want to reference Simon and things he does in his games, then a combination of the stop watch and flame whip seems like a good idea.

Last edited:

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
It is pretty similar to Megaman, but...

The Castlevania games actually have crossovers where multiple Belmonts appear in one place. And in one game, there actually IS a summoning-type special attack that calls 5 of the Belmonts together to attack enemies.

Megaman never actually does that in any of his games.

So if anything, it suits Simon more than Megaman?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, a big revelation happened yesterday regarding the Ballot and Bayonetta (if anyone is curious as to exactly what happened, ask Omega Tyrant Omega Tyrant ) and everything that happened there only reinforced my belief that the Ballot will be the main source of inspiration for most Roster choices in Smash Ultimate (and those who couldn't make it will have a presence in some other way, like Krystal and Bomberman ATs seem to imply) as opposed to Smash 4's roster which was heavily based on recent Nintendo characters (token Retro notwithstanding).

I don't think i ever bought this up before, but now it's the best moment to mention this little statement that Vergeben did:

Vergeben said:
Simon was picked for a variety of reasons actually from what the initial person who leaked me him had said before I got the information verified and vetted.
Simon did surprisingly well in the Smash Ballot, has the history with Nintendo, and the Netflix series was an additional factor that work out perfectly for the situation.
Page 7, post #76.

Granted, i don't think that the "History with Nintendo" statement really is that believable (look at Cloud) but im not surprised about Simon Belmont beign more voted than Bayonetta ever was (in fact i believe that Simon Belmont was far more voted than the likes of Bayo)

Last edited by a moderator:

Oddball

Smash Lord
I don't see how that proves Bayonetta didn't win.

There was a slot added. Okay. And?

I mean if they're going to have a poll to add a new character then they needed a slot added. It's the slot that bayonetta got. Nothing proves that it was a slot designed specifically for Bayonetta.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I don't see how that proves Bayonetta didn't win.

There was a slot added. Okay. And?

I mean if they're going to have a poll to add a new character then they needed a slot added. It's the slot that bayonetta got. Nothing proves that it was a slot designed specifically for Bayonetta.
Apparently one of those slot was copied from ZSS, which is the character they based Bayonetta on.

But anyway I would't be surprised that Bayo actually won. In SuorceGaming report about who were the most voted characters Bayonetta was among the Top 20, and I am Italian, so I also checked Italian forums and I can confirm that Bayo had a lot of support here.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. I thought it was fairly obvious that all the Smash 4 characters were decided before the ballot was a thing(characters are chosen years in advance).

This is the game where the ballot is actually going to matter.

And, man, I would kill for Nintendo to actually show us the results. It's kind of a **** move to keep them to themselves. Even if they removed all the "unrealizable" results first.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. I thought it was fairly obvious that all the Smash 4 characters were decided before the ballot was a thing(characters are chosen years in advance).

This is the game where the ballot is actually going to matter.

And, man, I would kill for Nintendo to actually show us the results. It's kind of a **** move to keep them to themselves. Even if they removed all the "unrealizable" results first.
While I would love to see that too, I totally understand why it will never happen. Just immagine the hate they would receive if Ridley is 7th and Krystal is 8th and one is playable while the other isn't. And that might even be worse if someone like Inkling is 9th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom