• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I was initially a bit let down, but Simon being in the game is extremely likely, and we do have 6 more months for him to be announced. I ain't giving up yet.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I didn't gave up Ridley after 10 years and 2 boss roles, I'm certainly not giving up Simon Belmont now :p

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I didn't gave up Ridley after 10 years and 2 boss roles, I'm certainly not giving up Simon Belmont now :p
That’s how I’m feeling right now... not giving up on Toad and Meowth after 17 years. Also not giving up on Simon Belmont.

I’m surprised Bomberman is an Assist Trophy. He was probably the second most-wanted Konami character after Snake on SmashBoards.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Sakurai has stated in the past that games like Castlevania (specifically mentioned by name) were a big influence on him becoming a game designer. I'd like to think that even if Simon isn't in this game, he'll get there someday. (But yeah, hopefully we'll be getting a Smash Newcomer reveal for him like during the Smash4 release cycle.)

DLC newcomers seem like an obvious addition considering how well they did for Smash4. Simon's best bet is probably as DLC, but that's fine with me as long as he eventually makes it!

I think Bomberman getting in as an Assist Trophy is a good sign since it shows that Konami is willing to let Nintendo use more of its IPs than just Snake.

If Simon DOES make it in as a second Konami rep, I wonder if that means Sega, SquareEnix and NamcoBandai will get second reps as well? This might hurt Simon's chances... but if DLC is how he gets in, then it just helps the chances for more reps all around.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai has stated in the past that games like Castlevania (specifically mentioned by name) were a big influence on him becoming a game designer. I'd like to think that even if Simon isn't in this game, he'll get there someday. (But yeah, hopefully we'll be getting a Smash Newcomer reveal for him like during the Smash4 release cycle.)

DLC newcomers seem like an obvious addition considering how well they did for Smash4. Simon's best bet is probably as DLC, but that's fine with me as long as he eventually makes it!

I think Bomberman getting in as an Assist Trophy is a good sign since it shows that Konami is willing to let Nintendo use more of its IPs than just Snake.

If Simon DOES make it in as a second Konami rep, I wonder if that means Sega, SquareEnix and NamcoBandai will get second reps as well? This might hurt Simon's chances... but if DLC is how he gets in, then it just helps the chances for more reps all around.
Agreed, but Sega already has a second rep with Bayonetta. :p

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

I don't think that we will have DLC as soon as we had it in smash wiiu, considering they were great lengths to present this as the ultimate smash game, and to showcase how massive amounts of content this game have.

That being said I would adore a wave of dlc, they could probably center it around A) popular assist trophies, B) switch games, C) third party Giants.

Still I wanted to point out that bayonetta is the second Sega rep, even if is basically platinum games baby and a Nintendo mascot now...

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
I was completely unaware that Bayonetta counted as a Sega rep. I'm still not sure why, actually. Isn't she owned by the big N now? Or have I been misinformed?

D

Deleted member

I was completely unaware that Bayonetta counted as a Sega rep. I'm still not sure why, actually. Isn't she owned by the big N now? Or have I been misinformed?
While Nintendo did fund both Bayonetta 2 and 3, Sega still owns the IP. People just tend to assume that Nintendo bought the IP.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
With Snake in and Bomberman being an assist, things look pretty good for Simon. Castlevania is one of the most iconic, to Nintendo and gaming overall, third-party series to be conspicuously missing. Let's hope that leak is real.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
While Nintendo did fund both Bayonetta 2 and 3, Sega still owns the IP. People just tend to assume that Nintendo bought the IP.
This same treatment applies to the Bethesda and Id Software case when Zenimax (who owns both) tends not to get mentioned at all, yet Id Software still owns their IPs. But, that's off topic.

As for Simon, he's still got a chance, but I don't know who'll make it out of the bunch that still can make it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Still hoping, especially for one of my best IRL friends who got me more into Castlevania to begin with (and thus in turn eventually made Belmont my most wanted 3rd party), that Simon is still shown later. May be content that I finally got my guy, but still pulling for others to have their dreams come true also.

D

Deleted member

I removed the Snake, Bomberman and Konami sections in the Counterarguments part because of recent events (Snake is in and as such the whole Konami argument goes to the toilet, and Bomberman is an Assist)

It's hard to say how these recent news affect Simon.

On one hand: Snake is in so the negotiations to get Simon are gonna be much easier now and Bomberman's Discomfirmation (R.I.P) means Simon's main competition is gone, and Vergeben has recovered and even gained more credibility than before (many of the games he talked about ended up happening, such as RE2 Remake, DMC V, Jump Force, etc)

On the other hand, The Gamtsu Leak way back in 2014 got every leaked character right except Chorus Kids and Chrom, so i wouldn't be surprised if this happened again with Simon Belmont.

Like imagine if Vergeben's source found out that they were negotiating for Castlevania character but never specified who that character was, and somehow assumptions were made that it was Simon Belmont, but then comes the trailer and it turns out it's Alucard instead and Simon is laying on the gro-yeah im very skeptical of this as of now.

But whatever the case, Simon is definetly more plausible than he ever was before in the eyes of the Smash community, and that is a good thing, so let's not drop our guard because a new journey lies ahead. The wait for December 7 will be long, and while we can expect to see something Smash related in a Direct and the like, we could be waiting for weeks and maybe event months in order to get new information (just look at the time gap between Smash Ultimate's reveal and E3 Trailer)

Get ready everyone, because this will be one Wicked hell of a ride:

........also has there been any new about a Konami Collection game on Switch? I heard that there is this Hyper Sports R thingy game but nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:

smash puffle

Smash Ace
In light of recent events and his chances in the game increasing drastically, I want to support Simon. Please add me to the list of supporters.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Add me to the Simon Supporters list, too!

He's long been my most-wanted gaming icon for Smash.

Out of curiosity, is there any way we could get a visual comparison of all of Simon's various artstyles (with sources) in the OP? It's difficult trying to find a comprehensive list of all his versions.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Now that my main want Snake is back, I can throw all my support into this guy. I can’t believe that the leak has a chance of being real but here we are, Ridley, Snake, then Simon.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
How cool would it have been if Simon and Ridley’s trailers were back to back? Like after Ridley’s done with his ****, Simon approaches him with his Castlevania 4 theme playing. I only lump the two together because of the “Metriodvania” saying. I really hope the leak is true and he’s in, can’t wait to see his trailer!

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Dropping by to lend my support. Simon would be a dream come true (Castlevania is my second favorite game series, and Simon is my favorite character from it), but I never even entertained the notion it was possible. Since hearing about the leaks though, I've got some hope. Let's hope he can make it a horrible night to have to fight him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mega Man is in, Kid Icarus is in

All that's left is Simon and Captain N (Mii Costume?)

D

Deleted member

Im really thankful for the new wave of supporters this thread is getting right now. I just hope that we can keep this momentum going.

CASTLEVANIA FACTS: The Castlevania Netflix series has been in development for a long time. Hell it wasn't even a Netflix show at one point.

It originally started as a Direct-to-DVD Animated movie of multple parts and the project dates all the way back to 2006.

It's also worth noting that Grant was supposed to appear alongside the rest of the cast:

(image of the Castlevania 3 animated movie, Grant is the one with the knife and red bandanna on the top)

Interengly, it's stated that he was not supposed to appear in the first movie, which is similar to his abscence in the first season of the Netflix show.

Could this mean that the Second Season will mark Grant Danasty's debut in the Netflix series?!

Last edited by a moderator:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Vergeben was correct about Ridley and no cuts. Simon is going to happen I pretty much have 97% certainty of this. They will be spacing out character reveals until December it's just a matter of time. I wouldn't be so sure if we didn't already have Snake and Bomberman AT, but we do, proving Konami is fully on board with their IPs. So there is enormous reason to believe Castlevania is coming to SSB.

I guess it's safe to be pessimistic, but it really is looking good for Simon right now.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
It'd be cool if Simon could swing his whip around SCV4 style. Sheik's chain used to remind me so much of it and now that it's no longer in her arsenal, the ability can go back to its proper owner.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Im really thankful for the new wave of supporters this thread is getting right now. I just hope that we can keep this momentum going.

CASTLEVANIA FACTS: The Castlevania Netflix series has been in development for a long time. Hell it wasn't even a Netflix show at one point.

It originally started as a Direct-to-DVD Animated movie of multple parts and the project dates all the way back to 2006.

It's also worth noting that while Grant was supposed to appear alongside the rest of the cast:

(image of the Castlevania 3 animated movie, Grant is the one with the knife and red bandanna on the top)

Interengly, it's stated that he was not supposed to appear in the first movie, which is similar to his abscence in the first season of the Netflix show.

Could this mean that the Second Season will mark Grant Danasty's debut in the Netflix series?!
I think that Grant could be a great character in the Netiflix series... being mostly not a "super noble". and if is too ridiculous to put a pirate in rumania, just make him a standar rougue.

That being said, i read that ther was plans for a third season already.
I wonder if we are getting our Dracula fight this season, and the next will be another Belmont, or the season will end again with Trevor going to the castle.

regarding the konami "leaks" tha appeared where konami said they were going to e3 with a couple of games. any word of that beside the switch exclusive? if i remember correctly there was slated to reveal a multiplatform "action adventure" game and a multiplatform "compillation game"?
was tha info fake? it lookrd like a legit e3 listing.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Now that my main want Snake is back, I can throw all my support into this guy. I can’t believe that the leak has a chance of being real but here we are, Ridley, Snake, then Simon.
And with Snake, Simon, and Bomberman having appeared in DreamWorld Mix TV, it'd be a great reunion for them as well as the Captain N Trio.

Also nice to see you here! =D

Takasmash

Smash Ace
That leak was true about all the characters returning and Ridley being playable for Smash Ultimate wonder when Simon will be shown.

LunaValkyrie

Smash Rookie
Hiya, add me to the supporters list!

I've been a long time lurker of the board since the 3DS and Wii U games were being hyped up back in 2013, but I only just made an account yesterday (whoops). Either way, I've wanted to see a Castlevania rep get into Smash ever since I got into the series a solid nine or so years ago. I just love the aesthetic and characters of Castlevania so much that seeing it translated into a series like Smash, where they take so much care into designing characters and having them stay true to the source material, would just make me super giddy. Personally, while I'd love to see either of my boys Soma or Alucard get in, I ultimately think Simon deserves the spot.

Even if it's a leak and has the potential to be wrong, I really, really hope this one's true!!

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I'm almost certain the leak was true now. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we told only Ridley specifically would be at E3? If so Simon not showing up yet shouldn't be too big of a worry. I'm still confident in his chances.

He's pretty much the only third party I actively want. Guys like Crash and Banjo would be great, but Simon would really be something special.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Definitely putting all my support behind simon now, snakes back and all i need is the greatest vampire hunter in history to make this game just perfect (maybe a few other minor things too).

And as its been stated before, i think his grimoire of souls design is the perfect take on his classic design brought up to modern day

Screen shot 2018-06-14 at 9.20.04 PM.png

Anyone have any thoughts on him having the bullwhip or a chain whip upgrade?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Honestly, in my opinion... that version just seems to be too "Conan the Barbarian" or He-man for my liking.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Hmm... I'm really hyped for the idea of Simon, but I'm somewhat worried they're going to make him REALLY ugly like his old American boxart.

I wouldn't mind if they used the general 'conan-the-barbarian'-esque design, but I hope he doesn't look like his face lost a fight with blender full of banana pudding.

I think I'd personally prefer his Lords of Shadow:Mirror of Fate design. It more closely matches the general 'gothic' aesthetic of the majority of the CV games. And it gives him a defined beard and bright red hair, which would really help him stand out visually among the other fresh-faced anime teenagers of Smash's humanoid cast. Flowing blonde hair is fine, but there's a ton of blondes in Smash already.

I also like his Castlevania Chronicles design, with the big fur cape and long flowing red hair, but that might be a bit more flamboyant than most people want from Simon?

Perhaps some sort of combination of all three major designs? (and completely ignoring the CV Judgment design.)

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
the chronicles and mirror of fates designs are good, but i think his look from super castlevania 4 and the barbarian carpathian like are far more recognizable and iconic for him. Id but up for some kind of smash amalgam of them though

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
the chronicles and mirror of fates designs are good, but i think his look from super castlevania 4 and the barbarian carpathian like are far more recognizable and iconic for him. Id but up for some kind of smash amalgam of them though
I think Simon might have the Classic look as his default costume and his Chronicles redesign as a alt costume.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Worth noting that the Conan-esque design isn't all that widely known in Japan. (But then again, I don't think CV in general has a lot of current Japanese fans anymore...)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Ugh, the Chronicles design is the worst, I really hope they don't go with that one. Personally, I'd love to see him in something more akin to his NES days, personally leaning towards the CV2 design but I'm good with the Conan look too. Just anything but the Chronicles design.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I feel like, with Snake back in and Bomberman in assist trophy form, we could definitely see Simon, however, I'm not gonna add him to my list as a lock. He'll be on my radar to watch out for, but I really don't think we can call him a shoo-in.

Interestingly enough, this Smash game has a different development style - though there is still a lot of work, bringing back every veteran has the advantage of having most of the work on moveset design and character design done for them, with only tweaks needed to balance them and update them. This means the likelihood of mid-development additions is much higher. Could we see the likes of an ARMS rep, Rex & Pyra, or even... a third party like Simon join the battle, having been added later on? Only time will tell.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
With the Ridley and Ice Climbers part of that leak being correct, and the fact that Konami is clearly on board with Snake and Bomberman, has my hopeful that the Simon part of the rumor also ends up being correct.

Give me Simon and a Captain N costume for Mii Gunner to go with Pit and Mega Man! Fulfill the prophecy!

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Add me to the supporters list. If we can get Mega Man, Snake, and Ryu who all have old-school appearances on Nintendo systems, a series so important to the NES like Castlevania should not be overlooked. Bring in the Belmont.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ugh, the Chronicles design is the worst, I really hope they don't go with that one. Personally, I'd love to see him in something more akin to his NES days, personally leaning towards the CV2 design but I'm good with the Conan look too. Just anything but the Chronicles design.
The original Conan look from the first Castlevania is best. The Simon’s Quest design and the Chronicles design and the Super Castlevania IV design could be alternate costumes. Maybe a recolor for each of the four costumes so we have eight.

Just no Judgment design. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom