• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That might explain Simon's behavior in the Captain N cartoon.
I highly doubt Captain N took anything from Japan considering how it didn't even stay faithful to what made it overseas. :p

D

Deleted member

EDIT: THE OP HAS BEEN UPDATED!

Unfortunately, i could not put XenoVII's original OP in well.....the OP because for some reason it would not hide in the spoiler tag, so im adding it here instead for now. Some sections have been moved to the Main OP (the "History of Castlevania" part and the Moveset ideas)

This is beign kept for archival purposes, although some of its sections have been moved to the new OP to avoid reduncancy.

Simon Belmont

-This Image has been moved-

First Appearance: Castlevania (NES - 1986)​

Who is Simon Belmont?

Simon Belmont is the original and arguably the most famous protagonist of Konami's long-running and acclaimed Castlevania series. In the original game and its multiple re-imaginings, Simon infiltrated Dracula's castle to slay the Count himself and other horrific creatures of the night such as the Grim Reaper and Frankenstein's monster. In Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Simon explored other parts of Transylvania to hunt for Dracula's body parts in order to rid himself of a horrible curse. Throughout the Castlevania series, other members of the Belmont family such as Trevor and Richter have come and gone before and after Simon, defeating Dracula at least once every century. There exist non-Belmont protagonists as well, such as Dracula's rebellious son Alucard, but the Belmont Clan has been the most prominent.

Simon has also made numerous crossover appearances such as in a Smash clone called Dream Mix TV World Fighters along with other Konami favorites such as Solid Snake and Bomberman, and in the TV show known as Captain N: The Game Master alongside other NES stars such as Mega Man and Pit.

Moveset Potential

What all the Belmonts share in common is that they wield the Vampire Killer whip alongside an array of sub-weapons such as cross-shaped boomerangs and holy water. In Super Castlevania IV, Simon was able to whip in eight different directions as well as dangle his whip. Other Belmonts have had special abilities of their own that Simon could potentially borrow, such as Richter's super attacks called Item Crashes in Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

A few other Simon supporters and I have posted our own moveset ideas in this very thread.

-THE MOVESETS MADE BY USERS HAVE BEEN MOVED TO THE MOVESET SUMBISSION SECTION-

What are his chances?

I really don't know the chances of any Konami character in general at this point. The company recently showed signs of mostly abandoning console gaming in favor of mobile games and pachinko machines, but they are currently one of many third party publishers and developers that have pledged support for the Nintendo Switch, as seen with the launch title Super Bomberman R.

And while Konami did have their foot in the door with Solid Snake in Brawl, the legendary soldier was mysteriously absent in Smash 4. If any Konami character were to join Smash, it's certain that most fans would want his return prioritized over potential newcomers from the company. Even if two Konami characters were to coexist on the roster, I can't guarantee that second character would be Simon.

-THE HISTORY OF CASTLEVANIA SECTION HAS BEEN MOVED-

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
@Tord the Red Leader Can you add me to the supporters list? I just noticed I'm not part of it, and that doesn't sit right with me considering my desire for Simon in Smash. :p

D

Deleted member

The OP has finally been updated, sorry it took so long to update it, Breath of the Wild took a lot of my time (i wanted to get a certain outfit and i wanted to upgrade it as well)

CASTLEVANIA FACTS: There's a Guidebook for SC4 called All About Akumajou Dracula (japanese name for Super Castlevania 4 and the franchise in general) where it is stated that Simon Belmont is a Dhampir (half-human, half-vampire) no other source has ever stated or implied this aspect of Simon Belmont.

......except for Akumajou Dracula: Akuma no Chi Chi no Akumu (Demon's Castle Dracula: Blood of Demons, Nightmare of Blood) which was written by Ichiro Tezuka (the same guy who wrote All About Akumajou Dracula)

It was supposed to be an adaptation of Super Castlevania 4 but became sort of its own thing in the end. It's a VERY different interpretation of Castlevania and Simon. Hell he is not even the main protagonist, instead it's a guy called Dean Silva.

Although Simon does appear in the story and plays a major role. Here, not only he is a Damphir but also a Kresnik.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Imagine a Smash trailer where Simon Belmont is in a haunted castle and he is whipping enemies and he encounters a ghost and it turns out to be Mimikyu.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
The OP has finally been updated, sorry it took so long to update it, Breath of the Wild took a lot of my time (i wanted to get a certain outfit and i wanted to upgrade it as well)

CASTLEVANIA FACTS: There's a Guidebook for SC4 called All About Akumajou Dracula (japanese name for Super Castlevania 4 and the franchise in general) where it is stated that Simon Belmont is a Dhampir (half-human, half-vampire) no other source has ever stated or implied this aspect of Simon Belmont.

......except for Akumajou Dracula: Akuma no Chi Chi no Akumu (Demon's Castle Dracula: Blood of Demons, Nightmare of Blood) which was written by Ichiro Tezuka (the same guy who wrote All About Akumajou Dracula)

It was supposed to be an adaptation of Super Castlevania 4 but became sort of its own thing in the end. It's a VERY different interpretation of Castlevania and Simon. Hell he is not even the main protagonist, instead it's a guy called Dean Silva.

Although Simon does appear in the story and plays a major role. Here, not only he is a Damphir but also a Kresnik.
dunno... this feel like someone being waaaay too inspired by Vampire Hunter D at the point of ink drawings in teh books and everything.

dunno if konami at some point wanted to convert castlevania into a vampire hunter d series, but certainly is no secret that iga took a lot of inspiration from the book series when creating symphony of the night...

On an unrealated note... a dhampir kresnik suits ayami kojima simon pretty good :0

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m baffled this thread isn’t more active than it is. Especially after the leaks.

D

Deleted member

I’m baffled this thread isn’t more active than it is. Especially after the leaks.
This is a side effect of having no information to talk about. The rumors aren't simply enough.

I've tried to to bump this thread but to no avail.

Or maybe most people really don't care about Simon Belmont or Castlevania anymore..........

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They are probably too busy talking about Snake, the only Konami character that apparently matters (due to the fact he was in Brawl).

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This is a side effect of having no information to talk about. The rumors aren't simply enough.

I've tried to to bump this thread but to no avail.

Or maybe most people really don't care about Simon Belmont or Castlevania anymore..........
I was thinking the former. Because, obviously people still care about Castlevania. Otherwise Bloodstained wouldn't be a thing.

They are probably too busy talking about Snake, the only Konami character that apparently matters (due to the fact he was in Brawl).
It's mostly quiet on the Snake front too. I've kept the thread bumped periodically with the few of us that are in the talking about him but I think the lack of any really news is keeping everyone from being too excited. We don't even know how the game is gonna play, look, or sound and yet we know of a bunch of potential characters. Plus, everyone onhere is going to be more excited about the Nintendo characters considering the site besides we happy few.

D

Deleted member

The Castlevania 4 gameplay video is no longer in the OP, but it will be put back once Smashboards puts Youtube as one of the approved sites for media again.

Also sorry for the signatures beign broken.

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
I really really hope the leaks are true. Simon is easily in my Top 5 newcomers and my most wanted guest from Konami

It would be amazing to see him at E3. I've never thought he was a possible Konami character because of Bomberman and Snake being always in the spotlight, but now I think he has a chance

A Castlevania stage with Belmont's theme totally deserves to be in Smash.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
quick remainder that vergerben track record isnt stellar, and he could still made up (or be fed) with the simon belmont part of the leak. still feel too irreal that we are seriously considering simon as a valid candidate ..

And Bloodstained COTM is way better than i expected! the game have really grown on me, and controlling 8 bit miriam feels just so good! I still dont want to get my hopes stupidily high for bloodstained. but cant wait to explore that castle :D.

BTW what is your favorite castlevania game guys?

I personally love Castlevania Legacy of darkness, loved the atmosphere in that one, the sense of dread of the villa, the sense of scale and verticality of the outer castle walls and the clocktower, and the mistery of the castle center.

Beside that one, I liked a lot order of ecclessia, Circle of the moon and Aria of Sorrow. and SuperCastlevania IV moodyness still is so very enjoyable.

D

Deleted member

There's quite the number of Castlevania games I really enjoyed, but my favorite would have to be either Rondo of Blood or Symphony of the Night. My top three has always consisted of those two and Super Castlevania IV.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Personally I adore Super Castlevania IV. The kickass music and amazing Mode 7 graphics really do it for me. The gameplay too yeah sure but the music, that’s what it’s all about.

D

Deleted member

quick remainder that vergerben track record isnt stellar, and he could still made up (or be fed) with the simon belmont part of the leak. still feel too irreal that we are seriously considering simon as a valid candidate ..

And Bloodstained COTM is way better than i expected! the game have really grown on me, and controlling 8 bit miriam feels just so good! I still dont want to get my hopes stupidily high for bloodstained. but cant wait to explore that castle :D.

BTW what is your favorite castlevania game guys?

I personally love Castlevania Legacy of darkness, loved the atmosphere in that one, the sense of dread of the villa, the sense of scale and verticality of the outer castle walls and the clocktower, and the mistery of the castle center.

Beside that one, I liked a lot order of ecclessia, Circle of the moon and Aria of Sorrow. and SuperCastlevania IV moodyness still is so very enjoyable.
My favorite Classic game of the series is Super Castlevania 4, and my favorite Metroidvania is SotN.

Special mention goes to Aria of Sorrow, which i found to be the best post-SotN game that i played (never got to play the DS games) and Belmont's Revenge for beign a very good Game Boy game, Dracula's Cruse for having multiple playable characters, great soundtrack (even if we got the short end of the stick on that part) and if it wasn't by the bull**** difficulty i would rank it even higher (probably top 3) and im on the minority that prefers Harmony of Dissonance over Circle of the Moon.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My favorite Classic game of the series is Super Castlevania 4, and my favorite Metroidvania is SotN.
Super Castlevania IV remains my all time favorite Castlevania game.

My first Metroidvania was Circle of the Moon... naturally that ended up being my favorite Metroidvania. I also liked Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow and of course Symphony of the Night. It would be nice if the Switch had a Metroidvania compilation cartridge.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Belmont's revenge is amazing, still a joy to play it and would play it more if I wouldn't have to buy AA batteries for my GB advance. I can't say the same for a lot of classic Gameboy titles, not even other Castlevania on the system.

Harmony of dissonance is pretty as hell (at least if you exclude that juste Sprite), and the castle design is very impressive. Plus it did really well the "inverted" castle stuff, and I,m of the camp that actually enjoyed the music. That being said, boss battle can be very dissapoinfing there.

To speak truth there aren't much Castlevania games I really dislike. But I do tend to remember more fondly the ones that have well designed difficulty (this means difficulty with an actual design behind it, and not games that are designed to be frustrating like haunted castle, or hard to play like Castlevania adventure 1, or afterthoughts like some of the metroidvanias level 1 hard modes)

Probably the biggest exception to this is Aria of sorrow, since even if the game is easy as hell, you still can have fun and challenge getting all the souls. (Plus considering who you play there is actually fun to be so OP)

I personally not too fond of level up mechanics in most of the metroidvanias, and I actually liked a lot lammebt of innocence for those reasons. Plus the whole "you can't use potions while in pause, and you can only have 9 potions" was pretty fun, a little darsoulish, way before darksouls

D

Deleted member

We are on the final week folks.

On the next tuesday, we will see Smash Bros on E3.

There's no garantee that Simon is playable. Forget Vergeben because it's too risky to believe him due to his track record.

Despite this, i unironically want to say thank you to Vergeben, because as fake as that rumor could be, it gave me enough confidence to take ownership of this thread and make a new OP, and for better or for worse, my passion for Simon has been restored, even if my hope is almost nonexistent.

This will be a long wait for many of us (especially me because i dind't landed on the job i wanted and as such im here doing nothing productive), but patience is a virtue, and maybe, JUST maaaaaayyyyyyybe, our dreams will come true.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Might as well drop a story for at least one of these newcomer support threads.

Most of my experience with Castlevania comes from playing the GBA and DS metroidvanias in high school, and despite not playing the traditional games very much I always admired them for what was built off of them with Symphony of the Night, and loved all of the music that got remixed in the later games many times. Simon is a super iconic NES character too so I really hope that he does show up this time. His stage would easily have some of the best music in the entire game as well.

D

Deleted member

Y'all seen the recent developments of Vergeben's leak of Simo? It is absolutely crazy!
You mean that Konami E3 Action Adventure and compilation on Switch thing on the E3 site?

Yeah i saw it but could you put the link to that so others can see it?

Still, im gonna be skeptical (even if a Castlevania collection sounds like a good idea to re-introduce the Castlevania series)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
My personal prediction:
The Compilation will be a Metal Gear Solid collection
The Action Adventure will be a new Castlevania game.

And then both Snake and Simon Belmont are revealed for Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am going to challenge myself and beat Super Castlevania IV for the first time before Nintendo's E3 Direct begins. Wish me luck.
Good luck. Use passwords in case you want to pick up where you left off. This game has 11 levels.

D

Deleted member

Im posting this here so that Simon supporters can catch up:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I'm playing through Portrait of Ruin right now, after finishing Dawn of Sorrow.
I'm hyped for a Castlevania character; I would like Leon cause I think he looks the coolest but I'm okay with any.

The compilation and new game also sound great.

D

Deleted member

The wait for E3 may be slow, but remember guys, enjoy every remaining day before the big event comes, because this is the calm before the storm.

In the meantime:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now for the most important question, if Simon is in, what will be his trailer music?

The original Vampire Killer?

The Fan Favourite Bloody Tears?

Or his very own Theme of Simon?

(if the last one, they better keep the pipe organ)

D

Deleted member

CASTLEVANIA FACTS: There's an Axe Amror equipment in Symphony of the Night that is found by doing a high jump below the Lirbarian's Chair in the library.

Wearing it will turn Alucard into the Axe Armor enemy allowing him to use the enemy's signature axe but can't jump very high.

In portrait of Ruin, there's a mode called the "Old Axe Armor" mode in which you can play as the Axe Armor with a bigger set of abilities.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I was thinking they’d play Simon’s theme in the trailer myself.

D

Deleted member

I have another idea.

What if Simon's trailer is animated in the same way as the Netflix series? The Palutena and Robin trailers featured animation styles based on their source material. (just don't use the Netflix soundtrack, that ****'s terrible)

D

Deleted member

Sorry to Double Post, but some important developments have been made in regards to Vergeben's credibility.

1-Vergeben, a while ago, talked about a new Shonen Jump game beign revealed, and it ended up beign real, and is called Jump Force.

2-Way back in December 2017, Vergeben talked about Devil May Cry V beign revealed. Originally he said that it would be revealed in VGX but that it was later delayed to E3 of this year, and it became true.

3-This Image:

This is a drawing made by one of the artists of the Pokémon Anime (Maasaki Iwane) of Bewear fighting Steve from Minecraft. In no other situation this image would make sense outside of these 2 beign potential Smash Switch newcomers (or characters that are desired by the artist) but the fact that Vergeben specifically mentioned Minecraft beign represented in Smash in some capicity (never confirming nor deniying the possibility of playable Steve) makes you wonder........

What this means for Simon has to be seen, but it's clear something here is going on, and it's not lucky guesses.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Steve in Smash? No thanks... but if that means Bewear gets in Smash...

Bewear is my third most wanted Pokémon for Smash following Meowth and Decidueye.

But still... I really hope Simon Belmont will actually be playable in Smash. He's my most-wanted third-party character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom