• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
TBF, Konami and Ridley in general were seen as impossible until now. I would have no way of rationally predicting it unless leaks and reveals came by. I consider the Vergeben leak to be a savior for me in terms of predictions. It lets me know that Sakurai ain't fooling around and that I can raise the standards for my predictions a bit. Sakurai is certainly creating the best roster for Super Smash Bros. ever if the Vergeben leak is true.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Reminds of when the Gematsu Leak started gaining credibility and everyone and their Grandma added Chorus Kids into the roster, and they ended up beign just a trophy (although i do believe they are one of the most underlooked characters that could make it into Smash Switch).
Truth be told, that Gematsu leak is the reason I’m even entertaining the idea of a Rhythm Heaven character in Smash.

Oh, and that Find Mii stage is what caused me to start supporting Wandering Heroes (cats, dogs, and bunnies with swords and magic) for Smash. I still support them for Smash.

E3 2018 cannot come fast enough. I need new information on Smash Switch, with or without Simon Belmont. I need Smash Switch now. LOL

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Keyword: “prediction”

But yeah, at least the leak got people to finally entertain the idea of Simon Belmont in Smash.
I know that most of them are putting them only due to the leaks. but as you said, people are opening to the idea, people that arent us hardcore fans. and as you posted before, even if it was wrong, chorus kid support is mostly due to that leak. (wouldnt mind a rythm heaven rep, in fact i love the idea, but chorus kid don't convince me too much)

Regarding the "why now?" if simon always have been in the back of sakurais head (akin to cloud) maybe he entertained the idea of putting him on smash 4, but the whole development of smash 4 was under the konami meltdown saga (it was a lenghtier process than most people realize) and now, even if konami havent been back to their nes to ps2 selves, at least the situation have been normalized a bit.

Heck, they even managed to develop a fully functional game (and no, im not talking about metal gear survive DX). If simon belmont is in, i also assume we likely would see snake return, even if is as a DLC.

looking at konami right now is still a hearthache though :/ while Super mario bros, mario 3 and megaman 2 were 3 games i played a lot on NES, easily the biggest ammount of time spent on NES was konami games, Castlevania, Contra, Gradius, Rygar, Rush and attack, heck, even hi no tori! (firebird)... and easily my favourite psx and ps2 games have to be konami :/ ...(I still to this day think rush'n attack was bull**** though DX)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
TBF, Konami and Ridley in general were seen as impossible until now. I would have no way of rationally predicting it unless leaks and reveals came by. I consider the Vergeben leak to be a savior for me in terms of predictions. It lets me know that Sakurai ain't fooling around and that I can raise the standards for my predictions a bit. Sakurai is certainly creating the best roster for Super Smash Bros. ever if the Vergeben leak is true.
To be fair, I've been saying since day one Konami will get a rep, rumor or no rumor. So did a lot of people. I know that several people, including myself, have been sharing this opportunity with you. I wouldn't say people thought of a Konami rep as impossible till now.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I really can't give this leak a second thought without some evidence. You can say anything in a text leak. As much as I want Simon, I don't believe in his chances being high without something.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Keyword: “prediction”

They aren’t putting Simon Belmont on their prediction rosters because they want Simon Belmont. They are putting Simon Belmont on their prediction rosters because they want to be “right” (and we don’t even have concrete evidence that the leak is legit or not).

Most people didn’t put Duck Hunt Dog in their rosters for years. I did. After that leak, I started seeing Duck Hunt Dog in many rosters. Where were the support before the leak? Almost nonexistent. Same with Simon Belmont. Most of the support went to Snake and Bomberman.

But yeah, at least the leak got people to finally entertain the idea of Simon Belmont in Smash.
Look at the bright side, the more people start seeing it as inevitable, the more they’ll start saying they want the character just to be right. The more they say they want the character, the more popular they get. The more popular they get, the more chances they have.

As someone who mostly supports retro characters, that phenomenon gives me a sliver of hope.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I know I posted once or twice in the old thread, but with this rumour about Simon possibly coming to Smash, he's managed to weave his way into my list of most wanted third-parties. I may not have played a lot of the Castlevania games save Super Castlevania IV, but I'm in full support for Simon in Smash Bros.

Feel free to add me to the supporters list, Speedwag-, er, @Tord the Red Leader.

slambros

Smash Ace
Please add me to the supporter list as well. Simon Belmont would be an extremely welcome addition to the roster. Plus, we've yet to have a character with a moveset almost entirely based on the use of a whip as their weapon.

:171:

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I know I posted once or twice in the old thread, but with this rumour about Simon possibly coming to Smash, he's managed to weave his way into my list of most wanted third-parties. I may not have played a lot of the Castlevania games save Super Castlevania IV, but I'm in full support for Simon in Smash Bros.

Feel free to add me to the supporters list, Speedwag-, er, @Tord the Red Leader.
I was a Sega kid in the 90s, so the only Castlevanias I spent any time with were Bloodlines (which was rad) and EGM screenshots of the canceled Dreamcast game. Simon wasn't even in those, and I still support him.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Since Simon Belmont's been on my mind as of lately, I went and made an 8-player UI set of what Simon's would look like in Smash. I would've preferred using the Project M series symbol, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet unfortunately.

Simon-Belmont-character-ui-8player.png

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Yo, Simon would be sick to see in Smash. I only mildly entertained the idea before, when pondering on what Konami rep would fit Smash better than Snake, but now, as we've already got solid 3rd party inclusions last game, and the rumor floating around, I'd be super hyped to see Simon this time.

Not only is he pretty cool and has moveset potential, but I'd love to see Castlevania content in Smash. Especially the music. I would be completely fine if most of the tracks that get in are pulled from Judgement of Harmony of Dispair, if it meant Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears, Awakening, Mad Forest, Aquarius, Simon's Theme, Bloodlines, Dracula's Castle (SotN), Tragic Prince, The Wolf Revealed, Ruined Castle Corridor, Empty Tome and all of those songs all got in Smash, because holy crap I LOVE THIS SERIES'S SOUNDTRACK LIKE NO OTHER (well, not really, but it's way high up there anyway).

@Tord the Red Leader Get me on that list!

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Since Simon Belmont's been on my mind as of lately, I went and made an 8-player UI set of what Simon's would look like in Smash. I would've preferred using the Project M series symbol, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet unfortunately.
Series symbol? Personally I like the capital C from the original Castlevania logo. That or the Morning Star item.

D

Deleted member

Series symbol? Personally I like the capital C from the original Castlevania logo. That or the Morning Star item.
If they go with the former, then this would probobly be the first case where the Japanese version has a different symbol due to the series being called by a different name in Japan (Akumajou Dracula in this case, though few entries did have the Castlevania name in Japan for whatever reason).

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The capital C sounds ideal, but I’m worried that it might come across as looking too similar to Bayonetta’s series symbol. The morning star’s another good candidate though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The capital C sounds ideal, but I’m worried that it might come across as looking too similar to Bayonetta’s series symbol. The morning star’s another good candidate though.
Bayonetta's series symbol looks like this.

It doesn't remotely look similar to the capital C. For starters, Bayonetta's series symbol is backwards C with a dot in the middle.

Maybe you thought I meant this....

when I actually meant this...

That's what I meant by "original Castlevania logo".

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Bayonetta's series symbol looks like this.

It doesn't remotely look similar to the capital C. For starters, Bayonetta's series symbol is backwards C with a dot in the middle.

Maybe you thought I meant this....

when I actually meant this...

That's what I meant by "original Castlevania logo".
Oh yeah, I had the above logo in mind. I didn’t realize you were talking about the “classic” logo there, my bad.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Do you guys think there will be much if any censorship issues with Simons holy weapons in smash?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Do you guys think there will be much if any censorship issues with Simons holy weapons in smash?
I doubt it, personally. The ESRB leak showed they still need to be cautious somewhat (some of the "questionable material" shown off to the rating board consisted of trophy mentions of the word "demon" as well as the Devil himself) but nothing got impacted too hard. Basically, there's already stuff in the base game of Smash 4 that would have caused the same type of concerns as crosses and whatnot, so while I don't think Simon will be shouting "may the power of Christ compel you" while using the holy water. I don't think it's something to worry too much about. :p

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
That’s good lol, I know things have been more Leanient as of late, but I was still pondering it. Wouldn’t want to see him watered down any because of religious BS

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
I doubt Simon's weapons would be censored given we have a Goddess, two angels, and all the baggage Bayonetta brings to the table already in Smash. Castlevania may be based in the real world, but it's still a fantasy series about fighting Dracula and his army of monsters drawn from all kinds of mythology and legends.

At most, they might rename the Special Weapons like they did in the early NES games. So, Holy Water would become "Fire Bomb" and the Cross would be called a boomaring.

The Axe, Knife, Stopwatch, and the Vampire Killer itself would be left untouched and retain their name no matter what.

But Smash lets alot of things slide, so I doubt Simon would really be touched all that much.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh yeah, a Simon for Smash reveal coinciding with like a trailer for season 2 of the Netflix show would be perfect! Hadn’t considered that.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I secretly hope for a Trevor alt costume akin to alph ... Unlike Richter, or Julius, or juste, simon and Trevor move very similar so it would work ok. (Also a Cristopher Alt would be rad, but I think I'm overstretching) that is if the rumour is truth in the first place :*

Last edited:

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone seen the Castlevania Netflix series?
I love Castlevania Netflix it one the reasons why I want Simon Belmont in smash. And I know Simon was not in the Netflix show and I will admin I never play Castlevania but I do want to get in the fandom.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Just popping in to say that, if the leak is real and Simon is in, I'm really happy for you guys as a support community.

Also, Bayonetta being in his reveal trailer would be sick, just saying.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just popping in to say that, if the leak is real and Simon is in, I'm really happy for you guys as a support community.

Also, Bayonetta being in his reveal trailer would be sick, just saying.
When I watched Bayonetta's reveal trailer for the first time ever, I thought Simon Belmont was going to appear when the camera panned to the moon and the bats fluttered (turned out they were butterflies) but then Bayonetta appeared.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Simon would be a fantastic choice. I'm only a casual Castlevania fan, should really play more games in the series (I only played Bloodlines and Super) but the moveset potential with this fella is drool worthy. Stage possibilities, music, etc... oh man gimme gimme gimme

Hard supporter and please let leak be true.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Simon would be a fantastic choice. I'm only a casual Castlevania fan, should really play more games in the series (I only played Bloodlines and Super) but the moveset potential with this fella is drool worthy. Stage possibilities, music, etc... oh man gimme gimme gimme

Hard supporter and please let leak be true.
Me too. I hope that leak is real. I think that if it is real, it would become my second favorite leak. My number one favorite leak is, of course, the Duck Hunt Dog leak.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Even if the leak is false, the bandwagoning still could be useful, Simon right now is third (tied with waluigi) in a popularity poll on eventhubs (krool and Ridley are first and second) and is in the top 4 exclusive club (below that the voting difference is way wider) and historically Ridley, krool and waluigi have been super popular there while Simon usually got like 20 (out of 100 choices, so it wasn't too bad either)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Even if the leak is false, the bandwagoning still could be useful, Simon right now is third (tied with waluigi) in a popularity poll on eventhubs (krool and Ridley are first and second) and is in the top 4 exclusive club (below that the voting difference is way wider) and historically Ridley, krool and waluigi have been super popular there while Simon usually got like 20 (out of 100 choices, so it wasn't too bad either)
As usual, when a character is presumably leaked, and if it resonate with people, it's support will increase exponentially. Just think to all the support Rayman got after Artsy Omni infamous leak.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Just finished watching the Castlevania Netflix series and I have to say...

I really want there to be a Trevor Belmont alt for Simon a la Alph/Koopalings.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If the leaks are to be believed, I really hope we get all the whip-wielding Belmonts as alternate costumes [NOT CLONES].
Oh, and there's soooooo many good tracks to pull from.

I'm particularly a fan of Heart of Fire and Julius Belmont.

D

Deleted member

I finished the introduction part of Simon, now im doing the Arguments and Counter Arguments section. In the meantime, here's something i will do to the Lead-up to E3: CASTLEVANIA FACTS.

FUN FACT: Simon appears as an opponent in the MSX game Hai no Majutsushi, where you play Mahjong against Konami characters.

The game states that after Dracula's defeat, Simon Became a pervert, which is shown in his artwork:

(this makes the Chronicles design much more disturbing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom