• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Simna ibn Sind's Guide to PK Thunder (NTSC)

Who Am I???

Smash Ace
Simna....I want your babies. Even if they may grow up to be fat. I will raise them with Eagleland tradition. Fuzzy Pickles and all.

btw where was "Pray"? I know how it is but I know some people wanted to see it. I spent so long downlaoding that on dial up too.

Zeke

Smash Apprentice
FINALLY! Alas, I was the 214th downloader, computer crashes, and I try to download again and it says I'm number 215, and no more downloads are available!!!

Re-host, please!

VilNess

Smash Champion
the dload didn´t work for you because you tried to dload it again in one hour. you have to wait that time in rapids. even though dload didn´t work out.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Hahaha! I read through this whole 12 pages (well not all posts but most)
funny stuff.
You know what? it´s way too early to start with the vol.3. YG thunder guide. but I was thinking that we need more "mess-around" tricks, like in different stages.
I had completely forgotten about the trick in PokeStadiums Fire-zone with the dead tree.
i Think that if we try PK thunder and thunderblasts in different places of different stages, we might learn something fun.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
You know what's hard? Using the Full-Range PK Thunder2 to recover from falling in between buildings in Fourside. I've been practicing that..its **** hard and there is only a SMALL window in between the time where you could simply airdodge to recover or you can't do anything at all, but **** it makes ppl gasp.

VilNess

Smash Champion
WHOA! I wanna see that. I can imagine that first you guide the thunder a bit upwards and then turn it around over a building, then start guiding it back and hit it on your feet so so the thunder goes down and you go up!

Btw. imagine all the fun tricks in Onett. blasting mercilessly Ness on to walls.
Also fun way to cancel Prone mode is to shoot on the part over drugstore just before it´s gonna fall down :)
And I can imagine there is something fun possible in Corneria too.

Who Am I???

Smash Ace
I actually got it off the hub. I just watched it again. Way too early for a Volume 3. We would need a new trick or something. I would love to see Fourside recovering. I haven't been playing much smash lately though. I have awds, skies of arcadia, and kirby medals to get.

Only 25 more in kirby. Then I can trade it back in.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
So here is a list of what I can think of that still needs to be done: more tailwhipping(especially on link and samus), more stage recoveries, Aerial PK Thunder Barrier Counter, Multi-Barrier, more in-match footage, dmsash yyg, dsmash yyg combos, anything new

anyone got something to add?

Reik

Smash Ace
Simna ibn Sind said:
anyone got something to add?
Yes.

Team tactics! Y'know, like the Ness-Jiggs Rocket Launcher combo posted by NESSBOUNDER. Ooh. Some YYG team tactics would be awesome. Your teammate shields the thunder jacket... then slings you into your opponents... stuff like that might be pretty cool. ^^

*Is wondering what the Multi-Barrier is*

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah, there is so much to discover in team tactics... too bad I can´t contribute much cause my experience in teams is very low...

Zeke

Smash Apprentice
Great vid

Simna ibn Sind said:
You know what's hard? Using the Full-Range PK Thunder2 to recover from falling in between buildings in Fourside. I've been practicing that..its **** hard and there is only a SMALL window in between the time where you could simply airdodge to recover or you can't do anything at all, but **** it makes ppl gasp.
Huh? The angle is impossible once you are too far down...

Great video, though it seemed to re-hash a ton of Volume 1. I think that a shorter, more tightly edited video would be best. The most amazing thing was the invincible Ness. I was like, WTF....how the hell do you do that....it makes Ness, like, Beyond-Top Tier. Ridiculous stuff.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Zeke said:
Huh? The angle is impossible once you are too far down...

Great video, though it seemed to re-hash a ton of Volume 1. I think that a shorter, more tightly edited video would be best. The most amazing thing was the invincible Ness. I was like, WTF....how the hell do you do that....it makes Ness, like, Beyond-Top Tier. Ridiculous stuff.
I think they mean you are at the top corner of a building but instead of L-Cancelling to recover you use PK Thunder up out from inbetween the buildings, come back down straight and turn it underneath Ness. You have to hit his feet but it doesn't matter if the PKT is left or right. As long as you hit his feet he will go up. That would be insane to pull off. If you did your opponent would be posing thing he had just won but then you recover and HR bat him. Opponent= :laugh: to :confused: to :mad: You= :ohwell: to ;) to :laugh:

For the end of the next vid you should show the thing where Ness fills up G&W's bucket with 3 PK Flashes. Then When G&W uses the bucket again, have Ness shield and G&W will zoom away killing anyone in his path. The last thing you see is Sheik and Fox slamming against the screen (a foresight). Then you put "Ness is top tier" and the credits. Show him killing the two top tiers to show Ness is better than them. If you can get Sheik, Fox, and Marth on the screen that would be even better but there is only 4 chars.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I meant using an L-Cancel upwards as a third jump. Am I using the wrong term? Like if you were near the edge you could just L-Cancel up but instead you use PKT2.

Reik

Smash Ace
Hey guys... I pulled a sweet PK Thunder trick at TGP on Saturday. I haven't seen it in Simna's vids, so I'm posting about it. It's a variation of the Thunder Swell Surprise.

Ness vs. Link on Field of Dreams. I was on the very top platform and I had just hit Rad's Link near the top, and as he started to come down, I used PK Thunder. I veered it up like I was going to try to juggle him with it... then steered it around and below the platform and blasted myself up into him. :chuckle:

I also edgeguarded with PK Thunder in a weird way...
Same match, Link was recovering from below. I sent a PK Thunder straight down next to the side of the stage. He got hit with it and DI'd into the stage, bounced off during stun and lost a lot of vertical height. He was unable to recover after that.

I have a lot of ideas for this one. If you miss, you'll either tailwhip them and/or you can steer it up and behind them to pop them up for a bat or something. Maybe even try a false edgeguard!

Haven't really tested this much... so tell me if you think these might be useful. ^^

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Yeah Reik that's how we do it!

Yeah....that thing on the platform in FoD is fun

and for that other thing u did to link...awesome...its a really good technique.....of course its techable but then almost everything is

u can also do the same thing in another way....ie if u wanna edgeguard say...Fox or Falco with PK thunder but you are too far from the ledge to start a tailwhip then just fire the pk thunder and ride it along the ground...meet fox or falco at the ledge with pk thunder. It will kill their sideBs and UpBs and knock them down. Again, its techable.

Klingon

Banned via Administration
ok I did some cool shiet today messing around with a level 1 fox.

alright this takes some crazy timing and I only pulled it off once in about an hour of trying but everything can be mastered.

k this is easiest when fox gets knocked far enough off the stage that he goes off the screen and has to use a midair jump before his firefox.

what you do is jump off the stage and wait for fox to use his up-b then use your second jump so your below him and hit him with a tailwhip so he starts falling onto ness. then bring the pikathunder around and below you and hit yourself with the pkthunder right when fox body is ontop of yours.

i can't remember everything in the pkthunder guide. so forgive me if this has already been done or talked about.

and what is pray?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
pray is in here in one of the post along with Death to Giygas....but what u just described isnt far off from it...

pray is very much a perfect control technique i think...but ill work on it^_^

Klingon

Banned via Administration
I couldn't find your explanation of pray. maybe cause im too zoodled off codeine in my diet.
ANd by the way your eagleland recovery hopes are impossible. ITS ****IN IMPOSSIBLE. that should be a perfect control technique if it can even be done with AR(I doubt it).

But if pray is similar to what I was talkin bout, you just have to kinda use the pkthunder as a curving extension of ness's body (if that makes any sense)

but yea is probably one of those fancyedgegaurding methods that takes many weeks of practise.

finalfantasyfan00

Smash Rookie
Hey, sorry bout this.
I saw the thread and I was like o_O 13 pages?! I've been playing Ness for a pretty long time. It'd be a great help, Simna, if you could post up your PK thunder vid. I know you had one the first page but it expired + i'm too lazy to search all 13 pages lol. Thx!

BTW VilNess your crazy with ness! I used some of your combos, they're awesome.
FIRST POST!!!

finalfantasyfan00

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the double post guys.
O man just saw your vid Simna. Great vid.
The thing that did it for me? Ultimate Secrets (naruto) music. LoL perfect touch.
*Anxiously awaits the vid Vilness is talkin about*

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
Wow... I just saw the new guide... I'm pretty amazed. Can someone link me to an explanation of the jacket tricks?

Mailorder

Smash Cadet
finalfantasyfan00 said:
SUltimate Secrets (naruto) music. LoL perfect touch.
Yes! That is pretty much the best song in the series at the most perfect moment. Rock Lee vs. Gaara... unforgettable.

Sinma, I must say that what won the video for me was the Ness fanart. It was freakin' awesome. Matched the video and the music in the most perfect way possible. I hope you don't mind if I borrow the idea or a variation of it for other videos... of course, it won't be so blatant. And if anyone asks, I will give due credit.

RaekNeSS

Smash Cadet
How effectively can you L-Cancel a pk fire aerial? I can't seem to do it unless it just doesn't help it much. I can never tell if I L-Cancelled correctly.. but one of the great things about Ness is that his aerial A moves mostly don't need L-cancelling.

And I still don't know how to make your jacket block more then one attack. I would have someone hit me after putting on the thunder jacket, it would block his attack, then he would attack again (right after attacking the first time (he didn't die!!)), but I would get hurt. Just don't get it. :(

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Mailorder: the pics in the middle of the vid are by ender and the pic at the end of the vid is by NESSBOUNDER

RaekNeSS: It is true that Ness' attacks autocancel in shorthop and don't need to be L-cancelled in that situation, but you really gotta use DjCffles and without L-cancels those aren't very fun...and you don't want to limit yourself to autocancelled shorthops. Oh, you can't L-cancel B attacks, so none on PK Fire(boy wouldnt that be fun^_^)

RaekNeSS

Smash Cadet
Right, thats what I thought. I thought I saw in one vid (it was a break the targets) the guy almost looked like he L-Cancelled pk fire and then jumped. Maybe he just did it mid air and fell of the ledge..

Also... is DjCffles ... double jump cancel fast fall l-cancel? And if you do a double jump cancel you can still L-cancel it? (like it isn't autocancelled like the short hops?)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
yes, u do need to Lcancel it....and what the guy did in the break the targets vid is he edge-cancelled his pk fire

that is where you do pk fire in the air and land right on the edge so yor pk fire is cancelled and u do a teeter instead

RaekNeSS

Smash Cadet
Oh I get it. That seems pretty hard to do.. especially since if you miss the edge in a real stage, its hard to get back since you can't really do anything until your half way down. Thanks for clearing that up :D
(Also could you look at the post I had in the Yo-yo glitch thread? thx)

Top Bottom