• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Simna ibn Sind's Guide to PK Thunder (NTSC)

Miztik

Smash Master
That was a prime example of a run-on sentence.
*THINKS IS THIS F***IN ENGLISH CLASS*

i dont care bout run-ons if i cared i would have been more catious bout what i wrote alrite so dont worry bout it next time

here another run-on for you

cmin

Smash Ace
Simna is a f***in genious when it comes to ness even tho i have failed to read his guide but his vids are amazing and i think ness is a really good character and is a very underrated character at that
and then when ness stumbles into that hated sword guy named marth, ness along with the rest of the low tiers are wapped

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
i must say the two marths i've lost to most recently are Ken and Mew2King

i consider myself quite good against marth

but since i lost to them i guess ness is just a terrible character...in BIZARRO WORLD!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
i must say the two marths i've lost to most recently are Ken and Mew2King

i consider myself quite good against marth

but since i lost to them i guess ness is just a terrible character...in BIZARRO WORLD!
SIMNA! DUDE. Congrats on 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't yell at me Ness-babies [lol, not derrogatory, gotta apologize for EVERYTHING on SWF =/] if this is supposed to definitely be a rhetorical question, but yo: did you use Ness the whole time?!?! Man...way to f*cking go. [and even if you didn't use him the whole time, that's still an amazing achievement]

I need to recreate my anti-Marth game with Ness. All the Marths that I beat down here revamped their game [haha I think getting pretty soundly beat by a NESS and never gimped [like I do with Pika against them] made them reevaluate their style completely...now...it's so much harder :( :( :(]
though I suppose it's like what you're saying. If someone has equal capabilities with Marth as I do with Ness, it could go either way...anyone better with Marth than I am with Ness then I'm kind of screwed [****ing Chillin, all he did was jump out and steal my thunder every stock...don't think I ever died at more than 60 against him. Even so, he destroyed me pretty well on the ground too :(], but anyone less skilled? mmmm, rapesiez =D =D =D But it's a really slippery slope, as I mentioned, anyone even marginally better with Marth than I am with Ness will have a little edge over me throughout the match. But if you think about it: that little "edge" will come into play with almost every hit/dodge/etc. So one week I'm 2 stocking a good Marth player, the next week, after I ruined his day and forced him to practice his *** off, I get 3 stocked ; _ ;

the other unfortunate thing is that the only good Marth player that I really have access to practicing against is AMAZING...he also learned all of the anti-Ness stuff from playing AngryLobster for a while [I'm sure I've mentioned this somewhere on the Ness boards, but it bears repeating]

it's become my understanding that the better the Marth, the more random-as-hell you'll have to be...not as a standard, but just one of those keepitinyourbackpocket ideas...like if someone just keeps spamming the jumping slightly forward and then retreating with nothing but fairs[lol, like Jiggz, but...with a facking sword x_X], which Ether termed as "Swordification" because Ness, or much of the cast actually, can't do much to approach that without getting punished for it if its read/expected, then...maybe just a random-a.ss PKT out-of-shield? haha...I guess things like that are usually done to keep them from doing in again?

There are some tactics I employ with Pika but I was always wary about using them as Ness [namely insane triangle jumps] because of the crazy difference in speed [of....everything!] Since I don't get to practice the Marth matchup often at all, I guess I'll have to ask you? [sorry for the stupidly long post, thx for reading and knowing you, you'll actually respond, so thanks for that haha]

btw! I'm mad I never took the time to use so much of what great Nesses use until recently [some PKT tricks that I've only gotten to work on nooblets]...but the main thing that I only VERY recently decided to try using was something that's actually f*cking GOLD: autocancelled dairs. I'm gonna hopefully play the Sheik main here today and try that **** on his grab-happy a.ss =D hope AC-dair->utilt works >_> just gotta remember to have soft hands so I don't accidentally try to usmash [ugh, fighting Sheiks can be so stressing too :(]
Ah! I was about to go on a tirade about Sheik, but...yeah, this post is wayyyyy too long as it is.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
To summarize:

Difficulty = ([Marth Skill+X]* 1.2) - (Ness Skill + Y) Where X is the number of times Marth has fought said Ness and Y is the number of times Ness has fought said Marth.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
NOOB!!! U used fox. U're not allowed to play Ness anymore.

It's so hard for me to use auto-cancelled dairs against sheik when she grabs me anyways... If I could get around her tilts then I think I have a pretty even matchup with her. Read that as: How do you get around her tilts.

When I play as Sheik I like to say the word gay after every single movement I do.

Miztik

Smash Master
what man you gotta love Marth use he is over used but thats cuz he owns but you also got to love ness

toasty

Smash Hero
totally don't feel like reading all that.
loll sorry, I got wayyyy too carried away, Adderall had just kicked in at the moment

To summarize:

Difficulty = ([Marth Skill+X]* 1.2) - (Ness Skill + Y) Where X is the number of times Marth has fought said Ness and Y is the number of times Ness has fought said Marth.
nicely done!

i went fox one matc just to see if i could (i dont trust my fox to do anything but i wanted to se if it could....it did)
ooh I figured you went Fox =D Good ****...who'd you use him against? And also: have you fought[and thus I'd assume: beaten] Cactuar or Chillin's Marth recently?

Miztik

Smash Master
NOOB!!! U used fox. U're not allowed to play Ness anymore.

It's so hard for me to use auto-cancelled dairs against sheik when she grabs me anyways... If I could get around her tilts then I think I have a pretty even matchup with her. Read that as: How do you get around her tilts.

When I play as Sheik I like to say the word gay after every single movement I do.
Fox is so hard for me 2 use cuz i main marth an im used to doin f-airs and tryin that with fox is difficult its his gayest move

but Ness his f-air is amazing and i love to use it

toasty

Smash Hero
Fox is so hard for me 2 use cuz i main marth an im used to doin f-airs and tryin that with fox is difficult its his gayest move

but Ness his f-air is amazing and i love to use it
just practice different playing styles for each character and you'll get used to it eventually, it's dangerous to have a certain playing style for playing the game...because yeah, it leads to Fox fairs off the edge x_X

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Lolz facebook. We should start a Ness main group or something and ditch smashboards... that'll filter out the noobs.

Cort

Apple Head
This is Cactuar.

Yeah I played you in like 10 or so friendlies. I think you won once vs my falcon though :D

indie_dave

Smash Ace
z0mg i wanna play cactuar/cort. not so much simna, but you'll do too XD congrats at evo!

did you ever post which version game u have? i can't seem to pktb either..

also, how does being tired affect your game? when my eyes expire and i'm sleepy, i can't l-cancel, pay attention, you know all the important stuff you'll die without doing lol.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1. *right clicks "Save Image As...."*

2. I already don't like Miztik and/or his typing.

3. Simna owned himself with Fox.

4. Is Falcon really bad (against/for Ness)?

toasty

Smash Hero
4. Is Falcon really bad (against/for Ness)?
I don't have enough practice against a good CF to know the ins and outs of how you DI what and I don't know of any, if there are any, combo breakers. I only started using Ness against the CF main I play against just this past WEEK [well, in an effort to learn the matchup anyway, I've used Ness a couple times in the past...I was emotionally scarred for a while haha]

To my knowledge, here's how it goes:
1) you have to employ mindgames out the *** to grab the dude, but once you do, depending on damage, you can either get an uair or two, or you can combo him with uairs->b/nair

2) almost NEVER try shield grabbing a good CF player. It will not happen[well, ALMOST never]. F*cking T-rex arms ;_;

3) you must learn to love platforms: wavelanding mindgames/falling through and DJC-u/n/bair.

4) Don't be above him, he can easily combo the everliving fecal matter out of you from 20->death. There's practically nothing you can reliably do in that position.

5) be patient. and do NOT stand still.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
yup.
my bro's a CF main and he spams the **** out of nair shffls.
If ness gets it by one nair shffl, It can most of the time end in death no matter how much you di or try to avoid it.
DON'T GET GRABBED!!
My bro will just dash dance right through me so i can do **** and wait for a good grab range. ( He's fast enough to dash dance in and out of ness that you can get disoriented but try some nairs and down tilts.)
And one thing that works a lot of the time to avoid a grab, is CROUCHING! Mess around with it, and even his jump canceled grabs won't even work on ness.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
.......does PKTB really change with Version number? You should be able to PKTB no matter way, just loop the PKT back behind you in order to have a higher chance of it.

Top Bottom