• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Simna ibn Sind's Guide to PK Thunder (NTSC)

actionlen

Smash Journeyman
I've discovered a new Pk THunder tactic,
If you pkt2 a bit below the ledge you will fly upwards, if you do this while you oppenent tries to recover they have almost no space to land and will get hit by the Pkt2.
I guess this tactic works the best against yoshi's, peaches (who float above you), Maybe foxes and falcos (allthough you may have better options for those). but I didn't tested it enough.
Please tell what you think of it. Especially Simna

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
I always thought there might be a use for this. I could never figure out though exactly where or how to hit with PKT2. It just always happened to me a random times and pissed me off cuz I'd always get butchered. It could prove to be pretty useful though.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Sorry Actionlen, but that's not really new. You basically combined a thunderscoop (well I just named that on the previous page) and a false edgeguard. But don't give up. Maybe you can find something new!

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
something safer that covers the same area is just roll to the edge where they are trying to recover and use pk thunder....ness leg will stick over the edge so u can hit yourself at different angles(including straight up) to get your opponent's recovery

actionlen

Smash Journeyman
Oh man I give up, stupid ness I never get to find a new tactic.
I'm going to stick with Donkey Kong.

Just Kidding Ness will be my Team Character.
But I will stick with Donkey Kong as my main, for singles.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I dunno about this but why not post it. When you get knocked high and are falling towards someone with a powerful uair too much to outprioritize with your dair, you could try this. All you do is pull out PKT and use it as a barrier to protect you as you fall. If you do this while the opponent is approaching you in the air, they will be forced to airdodge or take the bolt. Either way, you may have enough time to reach the ground with a fast fall. I do it sometimes, but I'm not sure if it's fulproof. And you must have good aim with PKT, because if you miss, say hello to an uair.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, I don't mean actually PKTBing. I mean as you fall, put the bolt under yourself to "protect" you like a barrier. It may not be too useful, but I use it sometimes on Sheiks and Links.

Also, I think I found a quicker way to floorblast than the method Vilness provided long ago. All you do is double jump really fast so that it looks like you instantly double jump off the ground. Then PKT right at the half height of your jump. Next, send the thunder out in a balloon shape ending up hiting Ness in the back of his cap. You should hit him right before he touches the ground.

EDIT: Just a few wierd things I thought I might post.
PKT travels approximately 80 game feet.
PKT2 Traveles approximately 30 Game feet.
When you crash into a wall, you will turn around and suffer some type of stun. During this stun, Ness can grab the edge on either side of him.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
WHEE! POST 1000!!!
:joyful:
It should be in Simna's guide.
Hey Simna, what version of Smash do you have? Because I noticed you said that PKT will dissappear during a urve and PKTB does not work in traning mode. I found both of these to be false. Also, can I have this guide on another site?

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Hey, if you were hit into the ball part of PKT, would you go flying back to whre you came from? Like if you were above the ledge and you knew a link would cut you off with Up B, if you were fired into the ball part of PKT, would you get hit with the barrier effect or the PKT2 effect?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Hey, if you were hit into the ball part of PKT, would you go flying back to whre you came from? Like if you were above the ledge and you knew a link would cut you off with Up B, if you were fired into the ball part of PKT, would you get hit with the barrier effect or the PKT2 effect?
You would PKTB. Depending on your DI, you may fly up or towards the stage. But PKTBing with the head can be hard if it is static.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hey can someone tell me what causes me to mess up sometimes when trying to ride a ramp up and i go all the way up but end up facing the wrong way and dying?

i mean i know the angle is off when i just bounce off the ramp..but i'm confused what causes the riding motion while facing the wrong way and failing to grab the ledge..often even going farther than the ledge..do i need to bleed more momentum or something? so either start the ride from lower on the ramp or get a steeper angle?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Since Ness changes direction while using PKT2 and wallhugging, it may seeem like he is changing direction, but going up the side of FD and ending up facing backwards is impossible (I think) without crashing. So all that matters is you distance from the ledge. If you are too close, Ness will shoot past the ledge before he can sweetspot it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
well, all you people here in the thread who subsribe to this thread, i need your help. if you go to the main Ness section, you'll see that i'm making a neewer guide, potentially one that is VERY long.....i need someone to sumarize all discoveries in this thread, then post it in my thread.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I have an updated PKT guide. But I'm still waiting for Simna to PM me back so I can send it. I can send it directly to you if you want though. PM me.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
who? jiggz? i think that might be a record. see how many times you can hit a comp with PKT.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
This thread is useless now... Simna close it, Super Guide is greater than this... (don't unsticky it for historical reasons)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
This thread is useless now... Simna close it, Super Guide is greater than this... (don't unsticky it for historical reasons)
I can't close this thread in good conscience^_^. This topic is my own personal guide and not only is it incomplete, but for me to start locking up all of the other guides in favor of the new guide would bring about a kind of elitism that I don't want in my favorite character forum. The Super Guide can take the best of the other guides; we can work together to make it live up to its name, but it far too soon for us to tear down or stop discussion in other topics to make way for the new guide. I won't lock this topic.

amished

Smash Cadet
I just got back into smashing after a long hiatus, and I loved EB, so I decided to pick up Ness for the Low Tier tournies that we normally have fun with. I was mainly wondering where is the best place to practice recovering with PKT2 stage-wise. I tried FD for a while, but that little crevice below the real edge killed me a couple times, so I was going to move on to another stage. Any suggestions?

SandStorm7

Smash Cadet
The video link in the beginning of this does not work!!!! I request a working video. I play with Ness so many times and with frustration. Halpss. And I know I am better than most Nesses.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yes.... that was actually what I was thinking. IDEA!!! *leaves*

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
What? Split the guide up into several threads that are more specific? I suggested that a lOOOOOOOOng time ago.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Nobody listens to thesage. Which is ironic. Or it would be ironic if that was what ironic actually means......though now that I think about it, it's pretty close, but in a kinda convoluted way. Anyway, point is, nobody listens to thesage.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Nobody listens to thesage. Which is ironic. Or it would be ironic if that was what ironic actually means......though now that I think about it, it's pretty close, but in a kinda convoluted way. Anyway, point is, nobody listens to thesage.
That's true in real life too... And I usually end up being right... *scary*

Miztik

Smash Master
Simna is a f***in genious when it comes to ness even tho i have failed to read his guide but his vids are amazing and i think ness is a really good character and is a very underrated character at that

Top Bottom