• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silent Wolf and Eggz Present: "Zelghandi" [Updated 12/25/07]

Lazy_muffin

Smash Cadet
Your video is crazy. I know how to MW with Captain, and Link & Young Link are easier then that, but i havent been able to do fox's, is it just faster then CF?

lolomgwtfbbq

Smash Apprentice
Great tech vid. Loved the moonwalk with fox.. Didn't even know it was possible lol.
Could you possibly upload the song for the video too? I also want to use it for a school project.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
yoo I was gonna do a tech skill show down against the wolf. But he was all like "None of that" when I started waveshining.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
This video is like the Legendary Martial Arts Master demonstrating his masterful technique and agility.

Very cool man! Very very cool!!!

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
I gotta say that was pretty sexy dude, good video. I was surprised to see his moonwalk used. Loved the shine cancelled airs. <3 fav flashy stuff to do.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I can't believe I didn't see this before! Good **** Otto, you raise the bar everytime I see you. I'm definitely gonna pick this game back up in hopes of bein able to play you once more at Pound =).

I noticed the Falco clips are way cooler than the fox ones and no one comments on them lol.
So did I. I still regret not having cooler Fox ones lol. Whatever. I'm going to write an analysis on this so people can see what I'm doing in some parts. Some things look basic but really aren't and I'd like them to not go unnoticed. ~

Fox moonwalking is not hard. It's about as hard as it is with Falcon. If you want a challenge with moonwalking, try moonwalk - taunt cancel - fast fall onto the ledge with Doctor Mario so you can see the pill. 3 times in a row.

Big_R

Smash Champion
i didn't know falco could ledge hop a laser to regrab edge. that's nasty. i hope u at least play like once a day or something so i dont feel bad for not being so quick...

- Video Analysis -

0:00 - 0:22 = Opening Text. (All written by Eggz)

0:22 - 0:30 = (Falco) Dash dancing - WD backwards - Dash dance - Reverse laser - Shine>SHFFL uair - Turn around waveshine - Shine>SHFFL uair - Double shine turn around - Falling SHFFL uair - Turn around waveshine - Reverse laser - SHFFL uair out of shine out of immediate shield from dash dance - 3 waveshine turn arounds - Taunt to show completion~

0:30 - 0:35 = (Fox) Dashing Shine SHDL - Shine turn arounds back and forth (2) - Repeat 2 more times in same fashion~

0:35 - 0:39 = (Falco) Turn around (Each shine) triple waveshine onto ledge - Reverse fast fall laser onto stage - Immediate shine turn around onto ledge, fade out~

0:39 - 0:47 = (Fox) Single edge laser, re grab - Uair onto stage - Waveshine off stage - Fast fall past ledge - Shine>Up-B to grab ledge - Single edge laser, Illusion sweetspot (3 Times), Uair onto stage - Taunt to show completion~

0:47 - 0:53 = (Fox) 5 advancing multi shines out of dash dance - Double jump - Falling uair - Waveshine - Turn around waveshine off the stage - Fall past ledge - Shine>Up-B to grab ledge - Reverse laser onto stage - Taunt to show completion~

0:53 - 0:58 = (Fox) Pivots in place - Fast dash dancing - Full hop bair - Taunt to show completion - (LoL)~

0:58 - 1:06 = (Falco) Reverse laser - Jab - Beginning of reverse laser animation - Turn around jab - Dash dance - Wavedash backwards - Reverse laser - Shine SHFFL uair - Falling uair out of double shine out of immediate shield from dash dance - Turn around waveshine - Dash dance - Cancel dash with taunt to show completion~

1:06 - 1:18 = (Fox) (All aerials but one are errors) A few multi shines into bair - 8 fast multi shines into dair - 7 fast multi shines into dair - 3 fast multi shines into dair - 10 fast multi shines. There was a stall at 6 from an error, but it worked out as 10. - Double jump shine (Error) - Shine SHFFL uair - 3 fast multi shines into dair~

1:18 - 1:23 = (Fox) Dash dancing (To the point where dust doesn't stir up) into usmash - A pivot in each direction - Dash>taunt to show completion~

1:23 - 1:26 = (Falco) 9 turn around multi shines (Turning around in each one before jumping to the next) - Double jump shine. (Didn't want to use the clip where I got 10, mainly because I wanted a different clip to show more consistency)~

1:26 - 1:33 = (Fox) Waveshine turn around - Fade away shine SHDL (4 times back and forth total) - waveshine turn around - Taunt to show completion~

1:33 - 1:38 = (Eggz used this one twice on accident) (Fox) 5 advancing multi shines out of dash dance - Double jump - Falling uair - Waveshine - Turn around waveshine off the stage - Fall past ledge - Shine>Up-B to grab ledge - Reverse laser onto stage - Taunt to show completion~

1:38 - 1:45 = (Fox) Waveshine turn around onto ledge from balancing on the ledge animation, ledge dash, repeat (3 times total) - Taunt to show completion~

1:45 - 1:55 = (Fox) Triple waveshine (Wavedash out of 3 multi shines) - Moonwalk off stage - Fall past ledge - Side-B sweetspot - Instant wall jump - Reverse laser while fading back to the stage - Jump back towards the stage - Up-B sweetspot the ledge, so to renew your instant wall jump - Instant wall jump - Reverse laser while fading back to the stage - Jump back towards the stage - Up-B sweetspot the ledge - Uair onto the stage - Shine SHFFL dair - Taunt to show completion of an epic clip~

1:56 - 2:15 = (Fox) From Spawn platform (Like a G) Fall to stage - Shine SHFFL uair - Shine SHFFL dair - 24 turn around wave shines in quick succession (Across Final Destination 3.5 times) - Taunt to show completion~

2:15 - 2:22 = (Falco) Dair out of shine out of immediate shield from dash dance (I bet you didn't see that shield) - Double waveshine out of immediate shield from dash dance - Dash dance - Reverse laser - Waveshine off the stage - Fall past ledge - Shine>Up-B sweetspot the ledge - Uair onto stage from ledge - Turn around waveshine - Shine turn around jump - Shine turn around double jump - Waveland forwards off the stage - Shine turn around>Up-B sweetspot~

2:23 - 2:33 = (Falco) Waveshine off the stage - Fall past ledge - Shine>Up-B sweetspot the ledge - Reverse laser onto stage - Waveshine turn around off the stage - Fall past ledge - Shine>Up-B sweetspot the ledge - Single edge laser, re grab - Uair onto the stage - Turn around jab - Dash jump - Land with beginning of reverse laser animation - Turn around jab - Small dash dance - Reverse laser - 3 multi shines - Double jump falling uair - Turn around jab (3 times in a row) - Dash>SHFFL uair - 3 Waveshine turn arounds~

2:34 - 2:42 = (Fox) 4 shine SHFFL uairs - 3 shine SHFFL dairs - Shine SHDL turn around - Shine SHFFL dair - Shine SHFFL uair - Shine SHFFL dair - 4 Waveshine turn arounds, then 1 in place, then 2 more~

2:42 - 2:48 = (Falco) SHFFL uair out of turn around shine out of immediate shield from dash dance - 6 shine turn arounds - 3 multi shines - Double jump falling uair - 2 Jabs~

That should do it. Before telling me you can do all of this, read this. If this is what you can do, and just as nice, and in those exact orders, I still won't care lol.

i didn't know falco could ledge hop a laser to regrab edge. that's nasty. i hope u at least play like once a day or something so i dont feel bad for not being so quick...
I play once every 2 or 3 days for an hour or two usually.

EDIT - Adding the rundown on the video to the first post now. =P

curiousthoughtsbear

Smash Apprentice
Hey sup wolf

Just a thought.

I was watching a couple shiz vids recently, shiz as fox, and noticed that his waveshines were incredibly fast. That includes turn-arounds. It just seemed like shiz's rythm was rapid, whereas yours seemed relatively slower.

Is it actually that shiz is faster than you in that regard or just that the recording equipment is playing tricks on the eye.

If you'd like to know what I'm talking about, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Q2SCeeCHQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V3rT0Qb8os

both vids have him showing off, I think midway through.

This is not a criticism, so please don't take it as such. Also, once again, nice video and much props to eggz on the "choreography."

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
originally posted by me
0:00 - 0:22 : Sexy Intro

0:23 - 0:30: Falco DashDance, waceshine, shine shffl'd uairs, shl, a few multishines, all in quick succession and in various different orders.

0:31 - 0:35: Fox shdl, shdl out of shine, waveshine

0:36 - 0:40: Multishining with shine turnarounds, waveshine onto the ledge, ledgehopped reverse laser, waveshine onto ledge

0:41 - 0:46: With fox, ledgehop laser regrab, ledgehopped uair, waveshine off, firefox stall, ledgehop laser illusion regrab x3, ledgehop uair, taunt

0:48 - 0:53: Fox Multishines, reverse waveshine off into firefox stall, ledgehop reverse laser

0:54 - 0:57: Pivots in place, then some fast DD'ing, and then full jump bair.

0:59 - 1:05: Falco shl, jab cancelling, DD, waveshine, some shine uair shffls, just standard speed stuff.

1:07 - 1:18: Fox multishines, he messes up a bit and does some aerials, you can tell he messes it up because he doesn't l cancel them, though there is an intended shine uair shffl in the middle.

1:19 - 1:23: Fox DD so fast that there are no clouds of smoke, then pivoted usmash. Some more pivots into stand.

1:24 - 1:27: turnaround multishines with falco

1:28 - 1:33: waveshining, shdl, shine shdl's

1:35 - 1:37:DD, multishines, wavehsine, reverse waveshine onto ledge to firefox stall, ledgehop reverse laser

1:38 - 1:46:turnaround waveshines on the ledge, this is hard because the wavedash has to be angled perfectly so that you don't Airdodge off, but still actually go somewhere, and do this quickly right after turning around in a shine. He then ledgedashes on the stage and repeats.

1:47 - 1:53: Moonwalk with Fox (!!!) and then illusion onto the ledge. Now this is really amazing what comes after it. You can do an instant wall jump from the ledge under certain conditions and if you tap the control stick correctly. Well, what he's doing here is an instant walljump and then immediately a reverse laser so you never even see the wall jump. Then jump and firefox stall. Ledgedash and shine shffl dair.

2:05 - 2:15: Fox, really fast shine shffl uair and dair, crazy fast reverse waveshines across the whole stage

2:16 - 2:22: Falco, DD, shffls, shine out of shield, waveshine, shl, firebird stall, ledgehop uair, waveshine, the usual drill, although at the end he wavelands off, shines, turns around and firebrid stalls.

2:23 - 2:34 :Firebird stall, ledgehop laser->regrab, waveshining, ledgehop reverse laser, ledgehop uair, dash cancelled jabs, multishines, shl, shffls, jab cancelling all mixed together

2:35 - 2:42: Fox, crazy fast shine shffls -dair and uair, as well as shdl out of shine, and some more reverse waveshining

2:43 - 2:48: Falco, DD, shine out of shield, reverse waveshining, multishining, full hop uair
Yup, Silent Wolf's analysis is muuuuuch better.

Hey sup wolf

Just a thought.

I was watching a couple shiz vids recently, shiz as fox, and noticed that his waveshines were incredibly fast. That includes turn-arounds. It just seemed like shiz's rythm was rapid, whereas yours seemed relatively slower.

Is it actually that shiz is faster than you in that regard or just that the recording equipment is playing tricks on the eye.

If you'd like to know what I'm talking about, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Q2SCeeCHQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V3rT0Qb8os

both vids have him showing off, I think midway through.

This is not a criticism, so please don't take it as such. Also, once again, nice video and much props to eggz on the "choreography."
I know, I've seen his Fox =P
My shine turn arounds aren't really as slow as in that video. mainly referring to the clip where I did a lot. I have t pace myself to be able to do that many, but when It comes to just a few, I can do them very, very fast. What Shiz does for his waveshines while showing off is slide his thumb so it goes much faster is all. robyextreme does the same thing, as do many others I assume. I find it uncomfortable so I don't bother with that, I waveshine fast enough =P

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I forgot how to taunt cancel D:

Hey sw you said you were going to make another tech skill vid before brawl is released, I wonder how good it will be... And fox's clips are cooler than falco's imo

Btw Merry christmas =P

curiousthoughtsbear

Smash Apprentice
Aha, thx for clearing that up.

Good to know, and that makes sense cuz he seemed to mess up on a few of them.

Anyway, merry xmas, happy holidays, and a Happy New Year (y'all)

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I played with him ... this morning/last night (at smash). Yeah he's okay.
He does some really amazing things sometimes and 0-death me with ledgecancels, and other times he'll do dumb things like try to jab me out of my firefox. Srsly Roby learn to play.

I do the thumb sliding thing, too... do you not slide your thumb for doubleshine?

Eggz

Smash Hero
good video but "happy hardcore" is terrible
The people who don't like the only acceptable genre of music are few, so you can go ahead and go listen to country and death metal while we enjoy our preferences. If you're going to watch videos, don't complain, because your lucky people make them for you to watch. Its not your right to see highlights of amazing players, its a privilege. So keep your *****ing to yourself.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Next tech skill vid if you do any ledge hop lasers with fox I only want to see reverse triple lasers.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
The song on the youtube video, was that happy hardcore? I have no idea what it's supposed to sound like, but if it was that, then I loved it.

Great video. Did anyone notice that fox's shines started to sync with the drums and bass?

Top Bottom