• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Sorry for this not so relevant post, but which Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS theme should I get?
I realy like the Monado one the most, but I also like the Mechonis folders.
(Or I could just get both)

The more I listen to the new Asterisk battle theme for Bravely Second, the more I actually begin to like and appreciate it. It's actually amazing the more I listen. That Person's Name Is was one of the greatest "pump-up" boss themes ever along with YWKON. This new theme is more of the "Oh ****" vibes

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
The more I listen to the new Asterisk battle theme for Bravely Second, the more I actually begin to like and appreciate it. It's actually amazing the more I listen. That Person's Name Is was one of the greatest "pump-up" boss themes ever along with YWKON. This new theme is more of the "Oh ****" vibes
Gotta agree with that.
Also, I freaking love that there potentially is a return of the old cast. (Edea best waifu)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Gotta agree with that.
Also, I freaking love that there potentially is a return of the old cast. (Edea best waifu)
I still wonder how the Dark Knight Asterisk will be handled though. I imagine some might not return because of redundancy with a new class, but there doesn't seem to be a good replacement for it. Plus it's a very iconic Square Soft class

And of course, it's Asterisk holder with the best character theme has to return

Fistex

Smash Rookie
The new online features in X seem almost mmo like, creating a squad of 32 members. It would be cool if we created a smashboards squad with the Xenoblade fans of this thread.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Sad day today, although I'm still using Shulk, I will no longer be maining him.

I'm still gonna stick around here though. :)

Never mind, I'm co-maining MK and Shulk instead.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Speaking of Bravely Default... things I still need to finish...
At Chapter 5 still, re-killed everyone except the Earth Temple, then DeRosso and his dragons. I wanna do them again, because my inner completionist won't let me progress until I do it.

@ AlvisCPU AlvisCPU

Avoid double posting :p
Did I? Huh... if it double-posted the same message, my internet connection was mucking up this morning so it was probably that. If it was two different things, then... honest mistake, I'm usually pretty aware of this kind of thing. My short term memory saddens me as I can't remember what happened 12 hours ago :laugh:...:urg:

Sorry for this not so relevant post, but which Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS theme should I get?
I realy like the Monado one the most, but I also like the Mechonis folders.
(Or I could just get both)
I'd certainly recommend both. But if for whatever reason you only want one, I have both and I personally prefer the Monado one. Mostly because the Main Theme track that goes to Mechonis doesn't play through its entirety, it just kind of fades out at a random point and restarts.

Hey guys! Me and @ Neo Zero Neo Zero were discussing something about the social thread. We're planning to unstick the social since it's always active. We need to sticky other important threads (threads that help people learn how to play Shulk, or develop their gameplan with Shulk) for the Shulk boards. We need more space for the threads, which is why I'll ask you guys: Are you fine with the social being unstickied?

Thanks, and we hope you guys understand~ :)

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Hey guys! Me and @ Neo Zero Neo Zero were discussing something about the social thread. We're planning to unstick the social since it's always active. We need to sticky other important threads (threads that help people learn how to play Shulk, or develop their gameplan with Shulk) for the Shulk boards. We need more space for the threads, which is why I'll ask you guys: Are you fine with the social being unstickied?

That is a great idea. By coincidence, I was thinking of sending you a message about stickied threads already. I think the combo thread and the customs thread both qualify to be stickied, since they both help people learn how to play Shulk and develop their gameplan. Indeed, customs are very important for the purpose. Shulk's playstyle is very different while using different custom moves, especially with the custom monado arts, making the decision over which set to run especially important.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

As long as it doesn't delay Zelda Wii U or the English version of Xenoblade X releasing, I'm fine with it.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

I fine with that, if it to help Shulk players become better it all good.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This game is relentless...

I feel like I have to grind at every step just to stand a chance, though it may just be me failing to understand the battle system.

[collapse=]
Xord is a real pain in the arse.
[/collapse]

Lozjam

Smash Champion
This game is relentless...

I feel like I have to grind at every step just to stand a chance, though it may just be me failing to understand the battle system.

[collapse=]
Xord is a real pain in the arse.
[/collapse]
I think you are failing to understand it as well. I really reccommend that you PM me(and perhaps @ AlvisCPU AlvisCPU ) with some questions.
For Xord, you need to use a chain attack to force topple him. Don't spam arts and keep Reyn healed up and containing the aggro. I don't remember if there are other mechon in that battle, but if there are than take those out first. So yeah, that can get you started. If you are under leveled, either go do some side quests in a Colony 9, go kill some Unique Monsters, or go exploring. You shouldn't need to grind in Xenoblade.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I think you are failing to understand it as well. I really reccommend that you PM me(and perhaps @ AlvisCPU AlvisCPU ) with some questions.
For Xord, you need to use a chain attack to force topple him. Don't spam arts and keep Reyn healed up and containing the aggro. I don't remember if there are other mechon in that battle, but if there are than take those out first. So yeah, that can get you started. If you are under leveled, either go do some side quests in a Colony 9, go kill some Unique Monsters, or go exploring. You shouldn't need to grind in Xenoblade.
I actually just took him down, apparently I hadn't upgraded some things, RPG menus tend to get me confused.

So I should actually go for the side quests? I've just went right through the story as it went out so far.

Edit: Do you ever actually need to use any of the random items you find, or should I just sell them all?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually just took him down, apparently I hadn't upgraded some things, RPG menus tend to get me confused.

So I should actually go for the side quests? I've just went right through the story as it went out so far.
Definitely do sidequests.
You don't have to do every single one that you see, but do enough for the journey. I was fine throughout the game by completing sidequests alongside the main story. You can get some easy money and experience through the monster hunting and collecting sidequests.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

You should definitely pick up all generic sidequests(the side quests that come characters with no name) as you can get those while playing. Definitely kill all Unique Monsters as well(that you can take on) as they have really nice equipment, exp, and gold, plus you get affinity coins from them. Named side quests are something you want to do only moderation. Else you could be over leveled. But you can get some really excellent things from them. So do them in moderation.

EDIT: So for when I get Xenoblade 3D, I am seriously considering a Naked run of the game. Should I do it?

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I hate that they make everyone 16 or plus in America. Like seriously? Ashley from WarioWare is 16? Yeah, OK.
To be fair you're probably going to be able to leave Lyn in her underwear so...

EDIT: So for when I get Xenoblade 3D, I am seriously considering a Naked run of the game. Should I do it?
-No upgraded arts run
-No arts run (ZR removes arts)
-beginning armor only run
-Shulk/Melia/Sharla only run
-no Monado Arts run (this seems impossible because lol Mechon)

Dunban's skills make Naked run semiviable

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Good luck.
It might actually make Sharla useful
Oh and yes.
A couple of hours ago one of our gods has spoken on our most anticipated game.
Kojima said:
Two more bits of information relating to the ‘Doll/Network’ video presentation. You can join Squads once you’ve reached a certain point in the game. You can choose from Solo Play and Multi-Play. You can also join Squads that your friends are in.

While online, the Player can change the Union they belong to by paying a set fee (using in-game currency). You can be calculating and switch to a Union with good results or you can help raise the rank of the Union you’re already in.

The Union you belong to affects the contents of the Union Salary, which you receive once per day, (which can include repair tickets [possible that they mean ‘coupons’] for Dolls that have exceed their insurance limit) so it’s a good idea to try various ones out.

D

Deleted member

A couple of hours ago one of our gods has spoken on our most anticipated game.
*sees Kojima's name*

Huh?! Phantom Pain?! This isn't a Snake social thread!

*reads quote*

Never mind. Wrong Kojima. :p

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
On the note of stickies, the important thing is if priority. First are threads that are REALLY important for newer users to Shulk, like the Directory and the Q&A. Then after that, it's a matter of threads that are importantish, but DON'T see a lot of activity. Basically, any thread that gets a lot of discussion should in general be ok not to be stickied in a sense. I'm open to suggestion on stickies though, after all, @ Berserker. Berserker. and I are the people's mods :p

Lozjam

Smash Champion
On the note of stickies, the important thing is if priority. First are threads that are REALLY important for newer users to Shulk, like the Directory and the Q&A. Then after that, it's a matter of threads that are importantish, but DON'T see a lot of activity. Basically, any thread that gets a lot of discussion should in general be ok not to be stickied in a sense. I'm open to suggestion on stickies though, after all, @ Berserker. Berserker. and I are the people's mods :p
I WISH FOR A WORLD WITH NO GMODS
Though really, you and @ Berserker. Berserker. are fantastic mods.
To be fair you're probably going to be able to leave Lyn in her underwear so...

-No upgraded arts run
-No arts run (ZR removes arts)
-beginning armor only run
-Shulk/Melia/Sharla only run
-no Monado Arts run (this seems impossible because lol Mechon)

Dunban's skills make Naked run semiviable
Let's also add:
No fast travel run
No time manipulation run

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I went back to Colony 9 to do side quests and found an area I hadn't been to before.

Why on earth is there a level 70 something flamingo thing?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I went back to Colony 9 to do side quests and found an area I hadn't been to before.

I think the question you should be asking is
JamesDNaux said:
Why on earth aren't there level 70 flamingo(they are called Flami's btw) things in other games?!
There are high level enemies everywhere in the world, just like how animal strengths differ in the real world. It also adds a huge sense of progression.

Anyway, I think Mr. Gonzales looks forward to meeting you ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You will sometimes encounter some pretty high leveled monsters. You aren't supposed to be in the areas where they placed; if you fight them, you will lose.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There are high level enemies everywhere in the world, just like how animal strengths differ in the real world. It also adds a huge sense of progression.

Anyway, I think Mr. Gonzales looks forward to meeting you ;)
I just thought it was odd that the thing was just sitting there in the first area of the game... I'm glad I never went there earlier and knew to run like hell when I saw them now (I had a run in with some giant ape thing on Gaur Plain that came out of nowhere).
I'm terrible with names, so I'm just describing them the best I can.

I already saw the giant toad bloke, and a whole flock of flamingos, and a bunch of death Crabbles, and piranhas...

D

Deleted member

(I had a run in with some giant ape thing on Gaur Plain that came out of nowhere).
Territorial Rotbart...
He gives a lot of Xenoblade players trouble. You are fighting some monsters at your level, you hear You Will Know Our Names, and then you see this giant ape that is level 80 OHKO you. He's by far one of the most intrusive enemies that I've seen.

I will say that you will encounter some high level monsters on the field... be sure to steer clear of them!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Man there are a lot of side quests in this game...

I've gotta say though, I'm really enjoying it so far. Nearly everything about this game is awesome, and I'm even getting used to the battle system. The guys who designed this world were bloody geniuses, the music is superb, the voice acting is top notch, etc.

I'm still a bit confused with all the different armour/gems/items though, but I guess that'll come eventually.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
I doubt they'll do it right at midnight unfortunately ):

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Territorial Rotbart...
He gives a lot of Xenoblade players trouble. You are fighting some monsters at your level, you hear You Will Know Our Names, and then you see this giant ape that is level 80 OHKO you. He's by far one of the most intrusive enemies that I've seen.
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I mean, I happened to pass by and was surprised when I saw him, but I didn't get its attention so it didn't even bother chasing me.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Tomorrows is the day. The day greninja will get nerved. Diddy will be buffed, and sheik gets her *1,2 movementspeed.

Also, shulk get's monado purge, to remove all nerfs and buffs.

D

Deleted member

That moment when two consecutive posters directly above me both have Lumen from Azure Striker Gunvolt as their avatar.

Top Bottom