• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
Recently, I've been on Smash/Anther's Ladder in replacement of For Glory 1-on-1. So far, my experiences have been good and challenging!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Oh yeah. What happened in the new X Direct? I don't usually watch the Japan exclusive ones unless there's subtitles.
It was ****ing fantastic.
Here you go, cutesy of Reddit, here are some highlights in it in Gif form
*checks spoiler* Wait...They're bringing that in? Sweet!
Read at your own risk
One of the tracks has the name Telethia
Oh.... Well I am really disappointed in myself for seeing that..... It's going to be a very very very very long set up months starting April 29th........... But the spoiler wasn't really spoily. Considering we have seen them.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You are partially correct. We got Smash Wii U before Japan, but Japan got got Smash 3DS before us.
Now that's fair.
56,000 in Japan really isn't bad.
It's pretty much what we should expect, considering how Xenoblade sold in the Wii. That game had a trickle of sales throughout its whole lifespan as word about it traveled through mouth. Eventually, they were sold out of copies. Monolith Soft actually made a lot of money off of Xenoblade. It didn't sell only 800,000 copies because it was lackluster, it only sold that much because there were literally no copies of the game left. Xenoblade was a stunning success in their eyes.

Anyway, my educated guess is that the game will sell 200,000 in this month(this is when American sales get tallied up). That's around 10% of people getting this game in their worldwide install base. This certainly isn't bad one bit, yet it is our Job to make that number higher. Go, tell each and every person about Xenoblade, and why they should get it.

Just saying, them being Japanese developers doesn't automatically mean they will get the game first. Nintendo has done worldwide releases.... That's a thing. Hell, we got ALBW before Japan as well.
I just pain to see this huge mass of walking spoilers that I have to actively avoid. Especially if Nintendo makes Xenoblade their "Holiday Title"
If they want to that's their own release strategy, it will be more fun to me by looking at the Japanese trailer first and then look at the English version.

D

Deleted member

*checks spoiler* Wait...They're bringing that in? Sweet!
Read at your own risk
One of the tracks has the name Telethia
PLEASE LET THIS BE A HINT THAT SHULK WILL HAVE AT LEAST SOME SORT OF INFLUENCE, ROLE, FLASHBACK, WHATEVER!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
PLEASE LET THIS BE A HINT THAT SHULK WILL HAVE AT LEAST SOME SORT OF INFLUENCE, ROLE, FLASHBACK, WHATEVER!
I hope you can customize your avatar like him.
If anyone got the game, try to make Shulk!

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Just started playing Xenoblade 3D. Got in Colony 9, looks pretty good considering that it's on the New 3ds.
Favorite addition to the game so far, only named npcs appear as blue dots on the mini-map. Will make questing so much easier.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I hope you can customize your avatar like him.
If anyone got the game, try to make Shulk!
As much as i wanna make Shulk...It'd be weird to have a Cross be a Shulk look alike if he actually does have anything to do with the actual plot of this game honestly...I'll either do Default Cross or make Reyn instead.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
As much as i wanna make Shulk...It'd be weird to have a Cross be a Shulk look alike if he actually does have anything to do with the actual plot of this game honestly...I'll either do Default Cross or make Reyn instead.
Reyn... I don't know if you can make your avatar as muscular as him.

And out of the topic a bit, has anyone have a problem that you can't link on to eshop, Smash Bros 3DS online? My Internet is fine on my tablet and phone, but New 3DS just makes me worried, my New 3DS even just stopped on my home menu screen for a while and I have to reopen it. This also occurs on my brothers New 3DS, is this a preparation for the next update? But why even eshop has problem...

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
My friend "ItllNeverGetBetterThanThis" from the KH13 Forums, came up with an interesting theory for the deal with Xenoblade 1 being related to Xenoblade X, plot wise. It actually sounds plausible and could make alooooooooot of sense.
Warning, End Game spoilers await.
It was heavily hinted by the new planet Shulk creating at the end of Xenoblade was a reborn version of Earth, given how:
A) Zanza and Meyneth were from Earth in the original Universe and possibly it was the epicenter of the Universe when it was remade into the world with Bionis and Mechonis. Shulk wishing for no Gods (and no Monado's to shape it's destiny) could've restored the universe to it's previous state, as we saw, the solar system and stars and everything was remade.
B) The new world officially has Continents and Oceans, like the salt water and such.

Given how one of the tracks is named "Chimera Telethia" and one of the enemy's in the direct bears a great resemblance to Telethia but at the same time, doesn't look like a telethia entirely, he told me his theory.

He said, after the events of Xenoblade and the re-birth of Earth, some of the High Entia and Machina (not all) split off from Earth, migrating to new planets and basically advancing as peoples and finally leaving their world like they planned to prior to Zanza's re-starting of the chain of evolution and eradicating everything with Telethia. Some of the Nopon would also go on to migrate to other worlds and such aswell. Diseases possibly wiping out the remaining High Entia and Machina, and the Nopon would run out of their healing herbs and go extinct aswell, leaving only the remaining small amount of Homs, who were young and didn't remember much of the High Entia/Machina. So their folklore about the events on Bionis, Giants, dueling titans and such would be made into legends, and the Homs would begin to evolve into the Modern society on Earth we know of today, and re-name themselves as Humans/Humanity.

The High Entia and Machina, would have divided into warring groups over this long period of time, and become the warring aliens that catch Earth in the middle of their conflict. This would explain the blood of the bird people and blood of the Machines that we see in this game, aswell as that Yaldabaoth Mechon look alike.

As for the Telethia, both the High Entia and Machina could also have their own legends of a world inhabited by their ancestors (Earth), and as they drain their planets of resources and look for new worlds to inhabit, they could learn more about their past. And from this, the High Entia might see it as useful to create Telethia for their war against the Machina, and while they may not be able to fully re-create the Telethia due to a lack of DNA, advanced societies could eventually do it, and use other species DNA (such as themselves) to make a type of Chimera of them, if you will.

As for the Monado Hairpins Lyn wears, and how some of the Mech's look like they have bits and pieces of Monados coming out of them (like the Meyneth's Monado half look alike sticking out of the Mastema Mech's shoulder), Lyn could've grown up knowing of the folktale/legend of the Monado, "A crimson red blade that could destroy even the most invincible of enemies", and made the Mechs in likeness of them to help the Humans combat the threat of Growth, like a weapon of the Gods for them to fight against their enemies like the original Monado was for the Homs.

So yeah, i think theory is freaking legit., it could explain everything in how this is all connected to the original Xenoblade, and why the aliens are fighting and the Nopon being on Mira and everything. This could be it. I'm favoring this theory heavily.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

Playing through XC3D. Just wanted to share this cool Easter egg from the beginning of the game most people tend to miss.
You can also see Fiora in the kitchen of Dunban's house before Shulk meets Dickson in the lab, and (I think) Dunban on the bed if you look through the upper window. You can also see Dunban standing in the window of his house right after Shulk decides to head to Colony 6.
I'd just like to point out how pretty THIS game looks.
Do I dare ask what the issue with Team Ninja is? What games have they made other than DoA? Be aware that the worse you make them sound, the more I'll want to buy this to form my own opinion :) On top of this, I really like FFXII and I feel it's quite underrepresented in their crossover stuff. Even Distant Worlds concerts have only ever played one or two tracks as far as I'm aware.
Where's you find this? I'm suddenly taking another serious look at making a Monado. Just looking for sources in case they give any info on how they made theirs. I'm fine with the electronics of things like this, but not sure on physical structure.
Just started playing Xenoblade 3D. Got in Colony 9, looks pretty good considering that it's on the New 3ds.
Favorite addition to the game so far, only named npcs appear as blue dots on the mini-map. Will make questing so much easier.
This was a thing in Xenoblade on Wii, too. Small blue/black dots for named NPCs. I don't believe anything else was indicated as such.
It's not exactly a spoiler at this point. They showed the dolls fighting it in the direct.
I'd personally still consider this spoilers. Anyway, I think this is debatable, I like to think would've noticed something like this if it had shown up. Does anyone have any images of this? I'd like to see for myself.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Do I dare ask what the issue with Team Ninja is? What games have they made other than DoA? Be aware that the worse you make them sound, the more I'll want to buy this to form my own opinion :) On top of this, I really like FFXII and I feel it's quite underrepresented in their crossover stuff. Even Distant Worlds concerts have only ever played one or two tracks as far as I'm aware.
Metroid Other M

Though actually, all the bad issues of that game weren't there fault really. Heck, honestly DoA5 is the first of their fighters to really FEEL like a fighter (even though the fanservice among it is way way to much, when the community has to ban costumes just for being too echi, it's a bit hard to be a respected game franchise).

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Huh, that's kind of cool.
There's still a possibility that it's just a shout-out or a lookalike, but there's certainly a similarity with the glowing wing bits. Purely on principle, I won't believe it's a Telethia until we know for certain, but that's just me. Thanks for linking me to it :)

It's my birthday. Thanks for the feelz gais. Now let's hope that the patch doesn't backfire on Shulk :awesome:

Also, I did this on my birthday (ON A PS CONTROLLER)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Ahhh @ Berserker. Berserker. you can't say your Birthday wish, otherwise it won't come true.

When Shulk gets nerfed guys we all know who to blame now D:

D

Deleted member

It's my birthday. Thanks for the feelz gais. Now let's hope that the patch doesn't backfire on Shulk :awesome:

Ah, Guitar Hero. I remember this used to be all the rage. I stopped following the series after Guitar Hero II and its expansion, Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80's because there were so many of them.

D

Deleted member

Happy birthday, beserker!

Ahhh @ Berserker. Berserker. you can't say your Birthday wish, otherwise it won't come true.

When Shulk gets nerfed guys we all know who to blame now D:
For all we now, the patches will involve Shulk getting massively buffed, Diddy Kong getting slightly buffed, and Greninja getting nerfed.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
When Shulk get's another buff, I think they should equip him with
The true Monado
He can't use that weapon, it's too weak for Smash. Besides, story reasons means that
We're actually playing with Zanza's life force. There is no Shulk to be top tier.
What he should really be equipped with after the patch is the Junk Sword. Turn Strike for the win.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey guys, here's a proper translation of the Doll direct by our good ol' friend Gessenkou
He's working on translating the menus next

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

Happy birthday, Bronado!

I remember I was going to pick up Guitar Hero. But with all the peripherals it was pretty expensive and didn't end up getting it. Maybe it was a good thing because it turns out it was just as the series started to die down. Either way, it's impressive to watch.

Hey guys, here's a proper translation of the Doll direct by our good ol' friend Gessenkou
He's working on translating the menus next
"I can't even"
Sounds like this would've been tumblr's reaction to this Doll video, in these exact words.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hate that they make everyone 16 or plus in America. Like seriously? Ashley from WarioWare is 16? Yeah, OK.

Top Bottom