• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So am I the only one enjoying the frequency of Mewtwo encounters in FG? Vision and Smash both REALLY **** him up. Countering his smashes or a decently/fully charged Shadow Ball can kill him hilariously early. And because of his weight we can kill him with Smash about as easily.

He seems really good, otherwise. He may have a very poor time against Shulk offstage though. Air Slash edgeguards are more effective than usual. With Smash on it can end his stock before 70% I believe.

I recall someone supposing that MALLC would get patched out. I cried myself to sleep just thinking of the possibility.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
So am I the only one enjoying the frequency of Mewtwo encounters in FG? Vision and Smash both REALLY **** him up. Countering his smashes or a decently/fully charged Shadow Ball can kill him hilariously early. And because of his weight we can kill him with Smash about as easily.

He seems really good, otherwise. He may have a very poor time against Shulk offstage though. Air Slash edgeguards are more effective than usual. With Smash on it can end his stock before 70% I believe.

I recall someone supposing that MALLC would get patched out. I cried myself to sleep just thinking of the possibility.
It's nice, but after a while it kinda gets boring fighting Mewtwo over and over.

Gonna wait a day to play some more FG. To friendlies!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
It's nice, but after a while it kinda gets boring fighting Mewtwo over and over.

Gonna wait a day to play some more FG. To friendlies!
Yeah, I can understand that. I guess I'm just digging all of the experience. I've only encountered him once among my friends today.

I might head over to the Mewtwo boards to spar against some of them later on.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

I got bored because the mewtwos were soooooo easy :p.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I got bored because the mewtwos were soooooo easy :p.
True. Most of the ones I encountered reminded me of my first day playing my Brawl main in Smash 4. I had almost zero clue what I was doing but I'd be damn lying if I said I wasn't hype.

Gotta start somewhere though. I'm eager to see where this character goes over the next couple of days at least.

D

Deleted member

Most of the Mewtwos I played in For Glory were pretty bad. But I knew that he would be everywhere...
It reminds me of when people used Little Mac all the time and most of his players were pretty bad.

D

Deleted member

or the legendary FG Falcon and FG Link.
Some of the Falcons that I've encountered are pretty bad...
But we don't talk about FG Link... those spammy Links don't know what a Master Sword is.

The worst offenders are still the Little Macs. I've seen some good, but I've seen a lot of terrible ones. I've heard stories where matches were won within 30 seconds thanks to them side-Bing off the stage.

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Most of the Mewtwos I played in For Glory were pretty bad. But I knew that he would be everywhere...
No kidding. I hope people fix up their game with Mewtwo soon.
Funny enough it started as a Shulk ditto, he switched to Mewtwo and I honestly have no comment about this replay.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I stopped using Mewtwo after a bit when I realized it was so easy to juggle him. Granted, I know how to escape those a bit better now but still.

And to be fair it's Day 1 Mewtwo vs Month 5+ everyone so naturally it's going to be harder for any Mewtwos right now.

The good news about this patch

- Shulk has not changed. He's still the Monado boy we all know and love
- As predicted, Mewtwo isn't so good against Shulk because of Shulk's range. That and well, he's ludicrously easy to kill
- All of Shulk's bad MU's (sans Fox lol) got nerfed

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
No kidding. I hope people fix up their game with Mewtwo soon.
Funny enough it started as a Shulk ditto, he switched to Mewtwo and I honestly have no comment about this replay.
This is a quality replay

Also THAT DTILT GEEZ

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I have to say Wir Fliegen is my favorite track from Xenoblade X so far.

So blood pumping, yet so calm and focused. Hope it is a battle theme. :3
It's confirmed to play when you activate the OC Gear.
I love this track a lot too. And IMO, the way it's used is really hype.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
The good news about this patch

- Shulk has not changed. He's still the Monado boy we all know and love
- As predicted, Mewtwo isn't so good against Shulk because of Shulk's range. That and well, he's ludicrously easy to kill
- All of Shulk's bad MU's (sans Fox lol) got nerfed
So glad to hear this. Though I'm getting nervous about Fox, someone's telling me their Fox uncharged usmashes are getting really early kills without the sweetspot. I would've liked one or two things improved for Shulk but at least nothing of value was lost.

RIP Shulk/Yoshi glitch
2014-2015
"Was a good ride while it lasted." - Xord

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Could be. Haven't a clue.

I got a "FERN" on FG earlier this morning and was promptly read like See Spot Run and full bodied like good coffee.

Wanted to give kudos for some of the most fun games I've had in a long while. And also apologize for being trash.

I got a "FERN" on FG earlier this morning and was promptly read like See Spot Run and full bodied like good coffee.

Wanted to give kudos for some of the most fun games I've had in a long while. And also apologize for being trash.
Who did "Fern" use?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

You can't be trash. Like, really.
I know real people who are trash, who are thinking shielding is never good. And don't know what spotdodging is.
And accuse me of cheating.
And are resistant to learning.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Who did "Fern" use?
Led with Mewtwo, went to Shulk, back to Mewtwo, then back to Shulk.

It was obvious he was primarily a Shulk; I saw much more out of him those games. His Mewtwo was no slouch either, don't know how I beat it.

You can't be trash. Like, really.
I know real people who are trash, who are thinking shielding is never good. And don't know what spotdodging is.
And accuse me of cheating.
And are resistant to learning.
Au contraire. Although I don't seem to have those issues. I think. I hope.

That said I appreciate the vouch.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
Led with Mewtwo, went to Shulk, back to Mewtwo, then back to Shulk.

It was obvious he was primarily a Shulk; I saw much more out of him those games. His Mewtwo was no slouch either, don't know how I beat it.

Au contraire. Although I don't seem to have those issues. I think. I hope.

That said I appreciate the vouch.
The only players that are trash are new. If you at least understand the buttons and what they do, you ain't trash.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
...well. Er. Thank you. And @ LordTakeo LordTakeo . I'm nevertheless very, very, very bad.

Damn.

Well, it was worth a shot.
You will get there with time. I just kept playing, and we got from "oh hey, I learned spotdodging!" to "Whoops, spiked you offstage again, sorry!" *evil laughter commences*

I started Brawl as a noob, and... started Smash 4 like that as well. First actual compeditive Smash version to be honest.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Nope! That wasn't me. I don't have Smash for 3DS :p. Sorry to disappoint! :'D

But hey we could have fun games sometimes. I've been told I'm fun to play with.

I WANT TO BELIEVE I AM, OKAY? oTL

Edit: I also just woke up so it DEFINITELY couldn't have been me, hahahaha.

Last edited:
Nope! That wasn't me. I don't have Smash for 3DS :p. Sorry to disappoint! :'D

But hey we could have fun games sometimes. I've been told I'm fun to play with.

I WANT TO BELIEVE I AM, OKAY? oTL
Switch to Sheik/Sonic/Diddy Ferno-san

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Oh wait, this is the Shulk boards. I totally noticed just now!

HELLO MONADO GIRLS AND BOYS. Hope you're having a wonderful week and day and stuff. I bet no one remembers me around here, but that's OKAY because I basically abandoned you all <3.

I take it everyone's hyped up for Xenoblade X? Cause I am too!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

HELLO MONADO GIRLS AND BOYS. Hope you're having a wonderful week and day and stuff. I bet no one remembers me around here, but that's OKAY because I basically abandoned you all <3.

I do! ... barely.
AND HELL YEAH!

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion

What's this "girl" you speak of Fernosaur?....
Are they rare? I haven't ever seen one >;)
Anyway,
My whole body is waning for Xenoblade X. Ganondorf tries to burst out of me whenever I even sees it's name.
Bahahahahaha!

Furthermore.... Does anyone want to play? I want to really see the Mewtwo Shulk matchup, and I could really use some help with my own Shulk as well, so seeing some in action would be great.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
What's this "girl" you speak of Fernosaur?....
Are they rare? I haven't ever seen one >;)
Anyway,
My whole body is waning for Xenoblade X. Ganondorf tries to burst out of me whenever I even sees it's name.
Bahahahahaha!

Furthermore.... Does anyone want to play? I want to really see the Mewtwo Shulk matchup, and I could really use some help with my own Shulk as well, so seeing some in action would be great.
If I'd have time... I'm decent with mewtu already, and my shulk should be above average... I think.
Atleast from FG standpoints.

Last edited:
Top Bottom