• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Aaaah, I finally got a Mayflash adaptor! Feels so good to use my GC controller again. I need a new one though. Mine is oooooold.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Its amazing how saying 4 words leads to becoming meme fuel.
Any game with repeated one-liners is bound to have some memes rise up. They practically build themselves
with the repitition needed.

For example, you always hear "Do a barrel roll!" when starting a game of Star Fox 64.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Any game with repeated one-liners is bound to have some memes rise up. They practically build themselves
with the repitition needed.

For example, you always hear "Do a barrel roll!" when starting a game of Star Fox 64.
NOW ITS REYN TIME!
Now, that is a quote that's way better than "I'm really feeling it"......
I know they tried to bring it in in Shulks taunt.... But it doesn't do the quote justice......
We just really needed an assist trophy, or some codecs....
Meanwhile on Nintendo of America's Twitter...

I have to say, kudos to Nintendo. That's a great way to advertise, especially considering that Xenoblade sold entirely through word of mouth.
Anyway, I am most likely getting Xenoblade 3D tomorrow! Hype! It will be a glorious return to the world of Bionis.

EDIT: I think Roy is all but confirmed now.
http://playeressence.com/masahiro-s...ce-at-the-fire-emblem-25th-anniversary-event/

Last edited:

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
I don't know about confirmed, it may be Mii Costumes.
I love Ryu but we can't board Sakurai's hype train before Nintendo confirmation.
It is confirmed the files are there at least!

Holy damn!
I know how scary Shulk's off-stage game is, but it's really freaking incredible! Just using his aerials to push opponents away from the ledge and outright gimping them is just satisfying...
In fact, his off-stage game is, dare I say...
[collapse=Xenospoilers]God-slaying.[/collapse]
Jump art is godlike man. It makes Shulk's off-stage 999 times deadlier.

Just carrying them off-stage to their deaths feels.... dare I say...
[collapse=Xenospoilers]God-slaying.[/collapse]

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Ah, so I just have to hope for a thunderstorm... there isn't some trick to get certain weather conditions, is there?

I wouldn't say it was a moment, more-so that I would say that this game has just been an experience that continues to get better as it goes along, it's already up there with EarthBound as my favorite RPGs. Shulk and Ness have a lot in common it seems...

The particular quest came from Gaur Plains from one of the refugees, I think. Just a standard "go kill this" affair.
I don't think there's any tricks to the weather that I know of. My most hated weather condition would have to be "shooting stars"... it's really pretty, but the number of times I swam out to Secluded Isle for the enemy not to spawn... ergh.

If you're going to go all super-completionist, I can give you the main cut-off times for the Timed Quests, but it's up to you.

Do you guys know what I think should be said?
Well, I will finally get to play Xenoblade 3D the day after tomorrow, to return to Bionis after all these long years(btw @ AlvisCPU AlvisCPU , does Makna forest have the same draw distance problem the Wii version had? Just wondering.). But that is beside the point and inconsequential.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even though it's a port, Xenoblade 3D is the most ambitious RPG on a handheld. I mean, it's so huge! Yet, what does this mean? I hope that means we will get RPG's that will be similar in scope as Xenoblade.
Though, I have to wonder.... What is Monolith going to do after Xenoblade X?
I think it's almost fact that their Kyoto studio is working with Zelda Wii U(they also worked on SS, plus, you have to admit that the graphical fidelity, artstyle, and grass is pretty similar to the original Xenoblades artstyle, albeit in HD with better technology). Will monolith go full out to get Zelda Wii U done? Using both studios as well? Will Monolith make a new game for the NX, or will they use the N3DS or Wii U for their next full game?
Soo many questions, soo little answers. Ganondorf is sad.....
Aha, I, uh... I've actually been pretty busy over the last week and I'm only about to approach Satorl Marsh...
I think the draw distance might be slightly shorter, but if at all, not by much. I was taking a look at the grass on Bionis' Leg, and it may be slightly shorter, but I haven't played Wii Xenoblade in a while so I could be imagining things. I remember on the Ether Mine approach I could still see those Rhogul eagle-things flying miles out.

I agree that this is probably the biggest scale to date. I'm not too familiar with anything PSP/Vita, but it's certainly bigger (in terms of scale) than Bravely Default or Tales of the Abyss 3D. I hope for good things!

I would enter. Except I have no friends that are RPG enthusiasts. :(
This feel right here, all my friends suck. When Xenoblade came out I did my best to convince everyone to get it, but not a single one did.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
A-am I the only one with people around me who have GOOD taste?
I mean, I got 5 guys who urged me to take part in this, because of guy still hasn't gotten his xenoblade x.X

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Alright! I made a room.
I deeply apologize.
Ever since the patch I have been having trouble with the servers.
Your Shulk is great though. Those were some really awesome games! How's my Mewtwo coming along?

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
I deeply apologize.
Ever since the patch I have been having trouble with the servers.
Your Shulk is great though. Those were some really awesome games! How's my Mewtwo coming along?
It's alright. I can't really say how far it's come though since I barely seen anything about the character. lol

Buster art is a great art when you feel like being passive, if your reactions are on the spot. Like, buster is great for spacing and all but if you're reactive with it and more passive-aggressive, you'll get more profit from it. Just take things slowly while reacting fast, sometimes run, sometimes walk, shield grab and annihilate them, surprise them with a tilt attack which deals 999% damage or something. Blah. Yada. Zzz. Half awake at the moment

- Random ramblings from me being sleepy T.T

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Buster art is a great art when you feel like being passive, if your reactions are on the spot. Like, buster is great for spacing and all but if you're reactive with it and more passive-aggressive, you'll get more profit from it. Just take things slowly while reacting fast, sometimes run, sometimes walk, shield grab and annihilate them, surprise them with a tilt attack which deals 999% damage or something. Blah. Yada. Zzz. Half awake at the moment

- Random ramblings from me being sleepy T.T
Hahaha
You are very cute when you are sleepy ;)
It's almost like you are Sharla.......
OMG!
Each art that Shulk has represents a party member you could have....
Shield: Reyn Time, the Ultimate tank
Speed: massive agility, like the great Dunban
Jump: Great Hit rate, and overall best range, and good at recovering out of Tight situations, but mostly useless: Sharla
Buster: Shulk is entirely this one, he's the glass canon of course
Smash: this very much represents Melia. Very powerful, but you need to set up everything when you use it.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Hahaha
You are very cute when you are sleepy ;)
It's almost like you are Sharla.......
OMG!
Each art that Shulk has represents a party member you could have....
Shield: Reyn Time, the Ultimate tank
Speed: massive agility, like the great Dunban
Jump: Great Hit rate, and overall best range, and good at recovering out of Tight situations, but mostly useless: Sharla
Buster: Shulk is entirely this one, he's the glass canon of course
Smash: this very much represents Melia. Very powerful, but you need to set up everything when you use it.
Wait... where is...
HEROPON?!
The mightiest of them all.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
This feel right here, all my friends suck. When Xenoblade came out I did my best to convince everyone to get it, but not a single one did.
I ended up giving one of my friends Xenoblade for Christmas but lol I don't think he got far

Lots of my friends want Xenoblade X though so that's good

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
...Someone's whining how Xenoblade is sexist...Because there aren't any women...And that the digital manual only mentions Fiora having a crush...
This person?
If she thinks Xenoblade is sexist, she clearly haven't played the game or only played the first half hour of it. I'm just imagining her being like

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If you're going to go all super-completionist, I can give you the main cut-off times for the Timed Quests, but it's up to you.
As someone who pretty much grew up with Rare, I've always been big on completing games to their fullest.

But as time has gone by, I haven't been as OCD about it. It really becomes more of a bother when games give you loads of pointless things to do and even annoying when there are "pick one and the other disappears forever" paths.

I'll just do the side quests as they come and give up on any that come down to plain RNG (the worst thing ever).

Though I do want to complete the Collectopaedia, that's just asking for it.

Speaking of items, is their every any use for them, or should I just sell it all?
I see that ether and crystals is used for gem crafting, but I don't really know much about it.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
As someone who pretty much grew up with Rare, I've always been big on completing games to their fullest.

But as time has gone by, I haven't been as OCD about it. It really becomes more of a bother when games give you loads of pointless things to do and even annoying when there are "pick one and the other disappears forever" paths.

I'll just do the side quests as they come and give up on any that come down to plain RNG (the worst thing ever).

Though I do want to complete the Collectopaedia, that's just asking for it.

Speaking of items, is their every any use for them, or should I just sell it all?
I see that ether and crystals is used for gem crafting, but I don't really know much about it.
The Collectopaedia will make you cry in later points of the game.

Tip: get them all the first time through, some areas become unavailable immediately so you want to watch out

imo just play the game through the first time and if you want, play again for completion, using a guide or something. That way you won't get spoiled.

Top Bottom