• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I honestly don't blame you. This was the only "valuable" thing I provided to this thread and it's basically just a Like bait.

Which I'm totally not abusing ONCE MORE.

This is beautiful
hai

just leaving this here cuz I thought it'd be amusing for you xenoblade fans

bai

View attachment 47755
This is also beautiful
Furthermore.... Does anyone want to play? I want to really see the Mewtwo Shulk matchup, and I could really use some help with my own Shulk as well, so seeing some in action would be great.
Smash + Vision = Mewtwo cries

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey @Nammy12 I believe I am playing with your sister.
Tell her she is doing very well and I am really having a ton of fun :)

Lozjam

Smash Champion
The more I play this game, the more I love it.

I'm definitely going to get X whenever it comes out now.
I knew this day would have come eventually, as all of us has walked the same path as you. Let me guess where you are....
Without spoiling anything for others, are you in the area after Bionis Leg(after everything in colony six and such)

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Lozjam, you already seen a female since I'm one of those.
hai

bai

View attachment 47755
Yoshi = PUNY DINOSAUR
Luigi = OTHER MARIO
Dr. Mario = ANOTHER MARIO
Link = ANNOYING GREEN ELF
Toon Link= MINIATURE GREEN ELF
King Dedede = FAT LAZY BIRD
MegaMan = TIN CAN MAN

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I knew this day would have come eventually, as all of us has walked the same path as you. Let me guess where you are....
Without spoiling anything for others, are you in the area after Bionis Leg(after everything in colony six and such)
I'm on the Bionis' Back and I have a snazzy new party member that's totally a Homs.

Though I did take a massive break to attempt to complete every side quest possible, so I'm not as far as I should be.

Speaking of sidequests, White Eduardo won't show up even when it's raining. I don't know if I'm missing something or if the game is more specific about "raining" or "thunderstorms." It's a timed quest so I'm worried about missing it, if I haven't already...

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I'm on the Bionis' Back and I have a snazzy new party member that's totally a Homs.

Though I did take a massive break to attempt to complete every side quest possible, so I'm not as far as I should be.

Speaking of sidequests, White Eduardo won't show up even when it's raining. I don't know if I'm missing something or if the game is more specific about "raining" or "thunderstorms." It's a timed quest so I'm worried about missing it, if I haven't already...
HAHA!
I knew it!
That's when I had that moment as well.

Also, do not worry about Timed Sidequests too much. Most of them are available throughout most of the game. They only expire after you do a very telegraphed thing near the end of the game, you will most likely know when the time comes(Though, where did you get the sidequest btw...? Just to make sure)

As for the differences. Yes, Thunderstorms and rain are two different weather conditions.

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
So just did a for glory match against a Fox that abused jab lock to the max. Me being salty is putting it lightly. Am I the only one that thinks jab locks are overpowered?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
HAHA!
I knew it!
That's when I had that moment as well.

Also, do not worry about Timed Sidequests too much. Most of them are available throughout most of the game. They only expire after you do a very telegraphed thing near the end of the game, you will most likely know when the time comes(Though, where did you get the sidequest btw...? Just to make sure)

As for the differences. Yes, Thunderstorms and rain are two different weather conditions.
Ah, so I just have to hope for a thunderstorm... there isn't some trick to get certain weather conditions, is there?

I wouldn't say it was a moment, more-so that I would say that this game has just been an experience that continues to get better as it goes along, it's already up there with EarthBound as my favorite RPGs. Shulk and Ness have a lot in common it seems...

The particular quest came from Gaur Plains from one of the refugees, I think. Just a standard "go kill this" affair.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ah, so I just have to hope for a thunderstorm... there isn't some trick to get certain weather conditions, is there?

I wouldn't say it was a moment, more-so that I would say that this game has just been an experience that continues to get better as it goes along, it's already up there with EarthBound as my favorite RPGs. Shulk and Ness have a lot in common it seems...

The particular quest came from Gaur Plains from one of the refugees, I think. Just a standard "go kill this" affair.
Then you definitely want to get the quest done soonish.
For weather conditions, go into the clock and continually press the time you are one until you get the weather condition you want.
May the RNG be with you

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well, long as I'm in the neighborhood -

I started Brawl as a noob, and... started Smash 4 like that as well. First actual compeditive Smash version to be honest.
Started Melee as a noob, Brawl as a Melee noob, and Sm4sh as...something. Something scrubby. By now I haven't a clue.

I admit my motivation is probably what's holding me back - I'm stretched so thin in so many other directions it's hard to get playtime in.

But hell, if you can put some faith in the scrubachu, I guess I should too. Thank you chap, I'll do what I can to live up to it.

I WANT TO BELIEVE I AM, OKAY? oTL
I believe it man.

I can't guarantee much out of my side, but I'll gladly add you on my Wii U when I get back to it. Ain't gonna get better by not playing, eh?

hai

bai
Yoshi = PUNY DINOSAUR
Luigi = OTHER MARIO
Dr. Mario = ANOTHER MARIO
Link = ANNOYING GREEN ELF
Toon Link= MINIATURE GREEN ELF
King Dedede = FAT LAZY BIRD
MegaMan = TIN CAN MAN
I remember us doing that exact same thing on the Robin boards. I'll have to hunt that down now.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman

On the Bionis' Back, have you reached the end of the forest, or are you just after getting Ms. Homs (Best non-spoiler name ever.)?

Thunderstorms aren't the least of your worries. Try getting a heat wave or blizzard to occur, it's pretty difficult to tell if the heat wave is going on, and there's a unique monster that only appears in said heat wave for a quest.

How's redevelopment of the Colony going? It's a good idea to go back to it every now and then to see if you have the right items, but it's also where you can get most of your skill books after some redevelopment.

D

Deleted member

Holy damn!
I know how scary Shulk's off-stage game is, but it's really freaking incredible! Just using his aerials to push opponents away from the ledge and outright gimping them is just satisfying...
In fact, his off-stage game is, dare I say...
[collapse=Xenospoilers]God-slaying.[/collapse]

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
On the Bionis' Back, have you reached the end of the forest, or are you just after getting Ms. Homs (Best non-spoiler name ever.)?

Thunderstorms aren't the least of your worries. Try getting a heat wave or blizzard to occur, it's pretty difficult to tell if the heat wave is going on, and there's a unique monster that only appears in said heat wave for a quest.

How's redevelopment of the Colony going? It's a good idea to go back to it every now and then to see if you have the right items, but it's also where you can get most of your skill books after some redevelopment.
I got her in my party after meeting a new guy and learning another Monado art, then I left to see about more quests.

I haven't even been to Colony 6 proper yet, I noticed that big gate is finally open, but I haven't explored it yet.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
So just did a for glory match against a Fox that abused jab lock to the max. Me being salty is putting it lightly. Am I the only one that thinks jab locks are overpowered?
Fox is Shulk's worst matchup for a reason, his attacks are too fast while Shulk's aren't.
I'm still mad that they didn't nerf Fox.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I wanted to talk about two things.

One, there is apparently a music theme for doing anything in this game. If you fly in a mech, the music changes. If you go into overclock mode, the music changes. If you fight in a doll, it's different then when fighting on foot. I mean wow.

Also, what's everyone's favorite mech so far? I'm looking forward to urban myself.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
This might be an interesting read if, like I, you have been thinking about Xenoblade's ether.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether_(classical_element)
No Xenoblade reference in "Legacy" 0/10

Heat wave isn't that hard, just stand in a place where the enemy will notice you if it spawns. You lose the initial tension but hey
Started Melee as a noob, Brawl as a Melee noob, and Sm4sh as...something. Something scrubby. By now I haven't a clue.

I admit my motivation is probably what's holding me back - I'm stretched so thin in so many other directions it's hard to get playtime in.

But hell, if you can put some faith in the scrubachu, I guess I should too. Thank you chap, I'll do what I can to live up to it.
Started 64 as a 5-year-old, Melee as a noob, Brawl as a noob, Sm4sh as a noob, I'm still a noob

rip

One, there is apparently a music theme for doing anything in this game. If you fly in a mech, the music changes. If you go into overclock mode, the music changes. If you fight in a doll, it's different then when fighting on foot. I mean wow.

Also, what's everyone's favorite mech so far? I'm looking forward to urban myself.
To be fair there was a music theme for everything in Xenoblade too. Fighting, breaking visions, getting spotted, unique monsters...

Last edited:

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
So I just fought a Mewtwo for the first time. Damn I'm rusty. I made some people pretty salty though.

Oh and shoutouts to FG Links who don't know how to do anything but run away.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
So I just fought a Mewtwo for the first time. Damn I'm rusty. I made some people pretty salty though.

Just had the worst matches with a FG Link. All he did was sit in the corner and use arrows and bombs. If I ever got off stage, he would immediately change tactics to getting right on the ledge and using the ftilt. Nothing but bombs and arrows. I lost a majority due to lack of interest after I found out how monotonous his strategy was. I did win using Shulk and Link though, so not all is lost. I never want to see another Link play so boringly.

D

Deleted member

How dare you?! As a Link player, I am deeply offended! :troll:

In all seriousness, I understand what you mean. I recall playing against a few spammy Link/Toon Link players myself.

On a different subject, I tried out Mewtwo and beat Classic and All-Star with him on both 3DS and Wii U versions. His attacks are more effective than they were in Melee, but his jumps are still too floaty for my tastes.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I actually don't know how to deal with spammy Links or Samuses

I legitimately lose most of the matches I have with them

Goes to show how amazing I am at this game

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I actually don't know how to deal with spammy Links or Samuses

I legitimately lose most of the matches I have with them

Goes to show how amazing I am at this game
Without getting too much into the MU discussion, Monado Jump goes a long way. However, if it is lagging, you might be ****ed. Seriously, if there is significant lag, leave after the game is over.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

The formula, I seems to always go for things that are light and fast. I also like the design of it too.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Do you guys know what I think should be said?
Well, I will finally get to play Xenoblade 3D the day after tomorrow, to return to Bionis after all these long years(btw @AlvisCPU, does Makna forest have the same draw distance problem the Wii version had? Just wondering.). But that is beside the point and inconsequential.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even though it's a port, Xenoblade 3D is the most ambitious RPG on a handheld. I mean, it's so huge! Yet, what does this mean? I hope that means we will get RPG's that will be similar in scope as Xenoblade.
Though, I have to wonder.... What is Monolith going to do after Xenoblade X?
I think it's almost fact that their Kyoto studio is working with Zelda Wii U(they also worked on SS, plus, you have to admit that the graphical fidelity, artstyle, and grass is pretty similar to the original Xenoblades artstyle, albeit in HD with better technology). Will monolith go full out to get Zelda Wii U done? Using both studios as well? Will Monolith make a new game for the NX, or will they use the N3DS or Wii U for their next full game?
Soo many questions, soo little answers. Ganondorf is sad.....

Late post because :c
So am I the only one enjoying the frequency of Mewtwo encounters in FG? Vision and Smash both REALLY **** him up. Countering his smashes or a decently/fully charged Shadow Ball can kill him hilariously early. And because of his weight we can kill him with Smash about as easily.

He seems really good, otherwise. He may have a very poor time against Shulk offstage though. Air Slash edgeguards are more effective than usual. With Smash on it can end his stock before 70% I believe.

I recall someone supposing that MALLC would get patched out. I cried myself to sleep just thinking of the possibility.
If it makes you laugh, his weight is 72. He's the 2nd lightest

He's lighter than a 2D figure. A 2D figure. Let that sink in

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Last edited:
Top Bottom