• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Well, how much space do you have? How many posters can you put up?
As for who you should keep, keep the characters that you like the most.
If the Robin poster was a Platinum reward, I will consider getting it. It just depends on what else I can get (such as Hyrule Warriors or getting that Poltergust Luigi again).

...Holy damn. This truly is the Monado's power.

Wait, you don't? I'm sorry. :(
The American one was pretty crappy as well. All we had were a few download games, folders, cards, and so on. We occasionally got something cool, but we've been stuck with terrible rewards. In fact, the site only started to lag when people actually used it to get the new (and awesome) rewards.
I am hoping this new system will be better than Club Nintendo.
There was rarely some cool stuff. They did Skyward Sword posters, and I grabbed the gold Nunchuck. Disappointed I missed the SM3DW soundtrack. But other than that... nothing worth the effort of filling out a million surveys. I was crying internally when I realised that the US could get N64 games which aren't even on the eShop.

By the way, new trailer. Pretty comprehensive and actually has a spoiler warning at the start.
I know it was called this in Smash, but it looks like One Who Gets In Our Way has been officially localised as An Obstacle In Our Path. Gonna take some time to start calling it that...
obstacle.png

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
OK! Here we go!
This is the Monado's poster! Take this!
View attachment 44259
That's awesome! This is better than usual. Club Nintendo, you're a life saver.

(before anyone asks me, I replaced an old poster and I put the Shulk one in; I will get a new frame eventually)
It's gorgeous! Ugh, my poster arrived but not at my current living location. Can't wait to put it up!

I'm peeved Metal Face is nowhere on there at all since I can't find any nice poster that have him, but I guess I'll just put a skull sticker in the bottom left corner and pretend he's repping as the best boss in Smash.

Guys, serious question. In You will know our names and Obstacle in our path, who is "our"? I thought YWKON was from the perspective of unique monsters since they have unique names to learn, but it could be from Shulk and co's perspective too. Same with Obstacle - I thought it was from the point of view of bosses since Shulk is the one who gets in the way the most, but it could easily apply to Shulk observing the bosses. This has been bothering me a lot and I need your opinions.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Guys, serious question. In You will know our names and Obstacle in our path, who is "our"? I thought YWKON was from the perspective of unique monsters since they have unique names to learn, but it could be from Shulk and co's perspective too. Same with Obstacle - I thought it was from the point of view of bosses since Shulk is the one who gets in the way the most, but it could easily apply to Shulk observing the bosses. This has been bothering me a lot and I need your opinions.
I've always thought of it as the group of 7. You're going to know their names because of all they've accomplished; I think of it as more than just representing a unique monster. An Obstacle In Our Path (god it's going to be hard to get used to calling it that) is
from Shulk and the other playable character's POV. I wouldn't say it's from the bosses perspective since they all are stronger or think they're stronger than the party, so some Homs wouldn't exactly be an obstacle. However, the party members are facing someone who is supposed to be stronger than them so that would be an obstacle.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
It's gorgeous! Ugh, my poster arrived but not at my current living location. Can't wait to put it up!

I'm peeved Metal Face is nowhere on there at all since I can't find any nice poster that have him, but I guess I'll just put a skull sticker in the bottom left corner and pretend he's repping as the best boss in Smash.

I've always thought of both of them from the perspective of the heroes. You Will Know Our Names because they'll remember us, and the boss is the One Who Gets In Our Way. THE OBSTACLE IN OUR PATH, damn it. See what I mean? It's going to be a hard habit to break.

(Edited that last bit in.)

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
YWKON is only used on unique monsters, the way I see it, it can be from their point of view, as they have different names
It also is sometimes used on story bosses like when kicking Metal Face ass when the Monado gets upgraded on Prison Island, but offcourse the song is the theme song of the Unique Monsters & Imo the title only represents the monsters, because we all know that 50% of them are way harder then the storybosses & the real challenging fights of the game.

Xenoblade Hero

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1891-1509-5006
What about guys like Egil and Zanza?
Egil's voice is very well done. Sounds like a British villain without being too dramatic (wish video games in general didn't over emphasise villains and did the voices more like this one in more Americanised games because most games fall victim to Metal Face-esque voice acting). Then again that's probably for a reason I won't go into because of spoilers.

Can't specify Zanza too much either but I don't have a problem with his voice either with the first time you meet him

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Speaking of accents, shortly after Xenoblade had been out and I'd been playing and loving it, I decided to watch some reviews on it. One of the criticisms they made was that the accents were "super British" and there were no Scottish, Irish or Welsh accents. I was thinking "Seriously? Why does this even matter? It doesn't have to have those accents and it doesn't impact the quality of the characters or story." A few months later I watched this group's review of The Last Story - funnily enough, it was the same reviewer and praised that same point, for being an "accurate representation of the UK". I'm not going to get into any of that kind of petty stuff like who the reviewers were, though - I tend to form my own opinions on games rather than completely trust reviewers. It was IGN, who else did you expect?

You can kind of explain it the accents with Xenoblade. If Klaus and Meyneth just so happened to be British, it'd make sense that every being they create would be made to speak in the same way they do. Though I guess it doesn't even matter that much when the characters are originally Japanese.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
You can kind of explain the accents with Xenoblade. If Klaus and Meyneth just so happened to be British, it'd make sense that every being they create would be made to speak in the same way they do. Though I guess it doesn't even matter that much when the characters are originally Japanese.
I never thought about it that way before.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Well, how much space do you have? How many posters can you put up?
As for who you should keep, keep the characters that you like the most.
If the Robin poster was a Platinum reward, I will consider getting it. It just depends on what else I can get (such as Hyrule Warriors or getting that Poltergust Luigi again).
Enough for 3.

The problem is that I don't really have to big of a connection with any of the characters besides Shulk. I might just go with the ones that are most visually appealing.

Also, is there going to be a Xenoblade n3DS XL? I've been hearing random snippets here and there about a possibility, but no conclusive evidence.

I just don't want to buy a n3DS just to have the Xenoblade one get released and me be sad

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
These last few pages kind of made me feel bad for playing Shulk.

I guess it's kind of like how I've been maining Ness since 64 but only played EarthBound relatively recently.

I guess I shouldn't be feeling it.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
These last few pages kind of made me feel bad for playing Shulk.

I guess it's kind of like how I've been maining Ness since 64 but only played EarthBound relatively recently.

I guess I shouldn't be feeling it.
All is forgiven as long as you play Xenoblade within the next 3 seconds soon

also that MissingNo in your sig is beautiful

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
All is forgiven as long as you play Xenoblade within the next 3 seconds soon

also that MissingNo in your sig is beautiful
Impossible, it's not April yet. I really like playing Shulk as much as Ness, so I hope I end up loving his game as much as EB too.

MissingNo. is best Pokemon.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Impossible, it's not April yet. I really like playing Shulk as much as Ness, so I hope I end up loving his game as much as EB too.

MissingNo. is best Pokemon.
We will forgive you, just take Shulk one day at a time.
There better be a good result from you April 10, or your neck might end up having a Slit Edge.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Shuffle just gave me my two favorite songs and then both Colony 9s in succession.

0_o

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
I remember a time I was mirroring a Shulk player and started with Buster. I somehow pulled a 0% to death at the start of the match with a D-air spike and I didn't even jump off the ledge.

Good times.

Last edited:

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
Shulk's dair: pray you have smash enabled, and ruin someones day.
Well, I recently ruined a Shiek player with this story.

Shiek grabbed onto the ledge, but I stole the ledge. I saw Shiek was going to grab the ledge the second time. My next action was to use Smash Art D-air to meteor smash as soon as Shiek regrabbed the ledge. Shiek used Up-B below the ledge that was slanted, and I plunged down with D-air.

Initially, I missed because the beam did not pop down directly below where Shiek would grab. However, the beam of the D-air is long enough to pierce through the ground and hit Shiek at the bottom slanted ledge. This ended up being a stage spike!

And then afterwards, I finished the game with two F-airs and one Air Slash at the edge of the blast line.

(I played this on Omega Prism Tower on the 3DS. That stage has ledges where both bottoms are slanted. This story would not happen if the Omega stage had those vertical walls where certain characters can wall jump.)

Last edited:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
If I had a new 3DS I'd buy XC3D in a heartbeat.:p Finally got the Shulk poster at least.
D-air is hard for me to get. Think I only got it once. Try but it doesn't happen.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Well people of the Bionis, get ready for a delay of Xenoblade X to October-November. Since Zelda can't fill the shoes of the holiday title, Xenoblade X probably will!.........
Ganondorf is very sad right now.......

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
To bad they didn't announce a limited edition version of the game or 3DS :(, Oh I order the regular copy then :)
Think of what they could put on a New 3DS with Xenoblade. They could put Bionis and Mechonis. Or more likely the monado.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Well people of the Bionis, get ready for a delay of Xenoblade X to October-November. Since Zelda can't fill the shoes of the holiday title, Xenoblade X probably will!.........
Ganondorf is very sad right now.......
The only positive news is that Xenoblade X & Zelda would not be overshadowed by each other, because both games are behemoths content wise & most people only have time to focus on one game this big.

Although I still think Xenoblade will be released in the Summer.

Top Bottom