• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Think of what they could put on a New 3DS with Xenoblade. They could put Bionis and Mechonis. Or more likely the monado.
There are Monado faceplates for the regular N3DS, but I do believe Americans only have access to the XL though

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Well people of the Bionis, get ready for a delay of Xenoblade X to October-November. Since Zelda can't fill the shoes of the holiday title, Xenoblade X probably will!.........
Ganondorf is very sad right now.......
Why would they wait to release the game when the best moment is there (Summer of course) and they are already done with it? Xenoblade X will definitely release when they initially planned to. I rather think Star Fox will release shortly before the holidays if they really did push Zelda back.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I need to know if any Dutch stores have that
Gamemania had them for pre-order, but they are sold out, but maybe keep an eye out on Bol.com, Bart Smit & Nedgame from the dutch webstores. Sadly N3DS faceplates also have stock issues like most Amiibo's though(Shulk, Meta Knight & King Dedede where handled super bad & most people missed out of them), so the chance exists it also will happen with these Xenoblade faceplates

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gamemania had them for pre-order, but they are sold out, but maybe keep an eye out on Bol.com, Bart Smit & Nedgame from the dutch webstores. Sadly N3DS faceplates also have stock issues like most Amiibo's though(Shulk, Meta Knight & King Dedede where handled super bad & most people missed out of them), so the chance exists it also will happen with these Xenoblade faceplates
I knew about Gamemania, je bent een sint man!

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Geen cover plates Q.Q
Hope I can find em in the future...
GEDDIT CUS MONADO BOI HAZ BLUE EYES
Well I do have the N3DS XL though, but what I gathered from Budgetgaming in the Amiibo topic, face plates are also a total mess. Game mania & Bol.com are also very incompetend with Amiibo pre-orders, so if you want a Shulk, it will be very very very hard to get without importing them from japan or pay ridicolous prices. Game mania & Bol canceled almost all pre-orders of Shulk, Meta Knight & Dedede when that wave hitted & there is a storm coming with the next smash wave(Robin for example got canceled for most people that pre-orderd on Bol.com

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well I do have the N3DS XL though, but what I gathered from Budgetgaming in the Amiibo topic, face plates are also a total mess. Game mania & Bol.com are also very incompetend with Amiibo pre-orders, so if you want a Shulk, it will be very very very hard to get without importing them from japan or pay ridicolous prices. Game mania & Bol canceled almost all pre-orders of Shulk, Meta Knight & Dedede when that wave hitted & there is a storm coming with the next smash wave(Robin for example got canceled for most people that pre-orderd on Bol.com
I blame the strike in Japan, especially as Shulk is the only amiibo I care for. Heard Ike is pretty rare but I've seen 10 of him

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I blame the strike in Japan, especially as Shulk is the only amiibo I care for. Heard Ike is pretty rare but I've seen 10 of him
Ike is more uncommon in Europe :), Marth & Wii Fit trainer also are not as rare as people claim to be to. All Kirby characters for some reason are rare in Europe(Kirby being very Uncommon & the other 2 being elusive) but the rarest has to be Rosalina, MK, Dedede, Shulk, Little Mac, Villager & Pit

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ike is more uncommon in Europe :), Marth & Wii Fit trainer also are not as rare as people claim to be to. All Kirby characters for some reason are rare in Europe(Kirby being very Uncommon & the other 2 being elusive) but the rarest has to be Rosalina, MK, Dedede, Shulk, Little Mac, Villager & Pit
I've seen about 5 different kirbies in the span of 5 days, goddamn
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy are you dutch btw or are you a wizard you can read our native language xp
He likes every post, and I'm not actually Dutch despite living in the NL, British

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
they could have been restocked then, but when wave 01 was released, Kirby also was a bit off a pain & Zelda to for a while

He likes every post, and I'm not actually Dutch despite living in the NL, British
Ah you hail from the land of the "Reyn Time" then

Last edited by a moderator:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Despite the fact that, yes, I do like every post, I can understand generally most of what you guys are saying. I'm multilingual.
And I, being the German that I am, can actually understand/read Dutch a bit because our languages have similar words. Nicht wahr?

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I can only speak english with a hint of spanish. :l A couple of internet buds I know can speak german though.
Back to stuff that shhhucks they aren't handling amiibos and faceplates well. I will not be surprised if they fail to handle stuff though. Remember the darn gamecube adaptor?

If they ever make plushys of Xenoblade characters, I will buy a Reyn plush and put him by my clock. I believe Monolith Soft has made a Riki plush before on one of their pages.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I can only speak english with a hint of spanish. :l A couple of internet buds I know can speak german though.
Back to stuff that shhhucks they aren't handling amiibos and faceplates well. I will not be surprised if they fail to handle stuff though. Remember the darn gamecube adaptor?

If they ever make plushys of Xenoblade characters, I will buy a Reyn plush and put him by my clock. I believe Monolith Soft has made a Riki plush before on one of their pages.
There's apparently a strike in Japan limiting product shipment

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

I can confirm Monolith has a pluche riki, due it also was in todays Japanese livestream for Xenoblade 3D.

Also @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen & my other fellow Bronado's, here is my apologise for "derailing" the social convo with my double posting by giving you one of the highlights of the Xenoblade 3D livestream, namely ACE+ performing "You Will Know Our Names" live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_1R-DbYqw

they did also did a live performance of Gaur Plain, Engage the Enemy, Main Theme & Mechanical Rhythm ;)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I can confirm Monolith has a pluche riki, due it also was in todays Japanese livestream for Xenoblade 3D.

Also @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen & my other fellow Bronado's, here is my apologise for "derailing" the social convo with my double posting by giving you one of the highlights of the Xenoblade 3D livestream, namely ACE+ performing "You Will Know Our Names" live

they did also did a live performance of Gaur Plain, Engage the Enemy, Main Theme & Mechanical Rhythm ;)
Tip, youtube links work on the button next to the emoticon
7.8/10 too much violin

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622

I feel like drawing Shulk using the Monado like a guitar now.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
@ RawstyleEevee RawstyleEevee not to steal @ Berserker. Berserker. 's thunder but don't double post, use the edit button for responding to more than one thing :p
Edit: lol bad at reading didn't see the other posts. Ignore.

Those live performances were sweet. They're on the Xenoblade subreddit so you can go there to find them.

I can English, Chinese, and Latin (which means I can read all of your derivative languages mwahaha)

If anyone in Europe wants to give me the Xenoblade 3DS bundle that would be cool

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just listened to this and the other songs.

This truly is god-tier music. I wish we could have a re-orchestrated Xenoblade soundtrack.

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
I just listened to this and the other songs.

This truly is god-tier music. I wish we could have a re-orchestrated Xenoblade soundtrack.
I second this! It's stuff like this that makes inspires me to pick up instruments. Even if it's just to play songs from Xenoblade.

Last edited:

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
Heyo peoples! It took me 2 hours but I finished the Shulk playing the monado like a guitar picture. -> http://colorslive.com/details/2759006
Hope you guys like it!
Btw the main theme of Xenoblade almost made me cry the first time I heard it.
Aw... It looks real nice! And for the longest time, I couldn't start playing until I heard the main theme in full at least once. Hearing it again after clearing the game just reminded me of how much fun I had with Xenoblade. And it's been a long time since that happened to me.

Edit: I didn't know Colors could let you do that. I want to try drawing with that now.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Does anyone here live in Europe, has a New 3DS, and is getting Xenoblade 3D on release? If so do you think you could tell us how Xenoblade 3D stacks to the original after April 2nd? North Americans don't get it until the 10th(of which, I will probably wait for my birthday on the 18th, *furtively glances at my Girlfriend and Ganondorf*. I'm just curious to what it is like graphically.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Does anyone here live in Europe, has a New 3DS, and is getting Xenoblade 3D on release? If so do you think you could tell us how Xenoblade 3D stacks to the original after April 2nd? North Americans don't get it until the 10th(of which, I will probably wait for my birthday on the 18th, *furtively glances at my Girlfriend and Ganondorf*. I'm just curious to what it is like graphically.
I will most certainly rub it in all your faces provide my thoughts of it in an objective and informative way once it's out. (But seriously, I will.)

Anyway, went to another local tournament. Shulk'd. After 22nd and 33rd in my last two placings, I redeemed myself by placing 7th out of ~53.
R1 - BYE
R2 vs. :4mario: - Not much to say here. Really solid player and he got me. Kept shielding my aerials - I need to learn. He went on to place 3rd.
R3 vs. :4robinm: - I didn't have too much trouble, luckily. Arcfire is annoying.
R4 vs. :4fox:, :4link: - I was kind of interested to battle this guy because I knew he'd spent a large amount of time learning to perfect pivot. I was also a little worried taking Shulk against Fox since I'd not played one and knew the matchup wasn't ideal... but I didn't have much trouble with Fox in the end. I don't want to sound rude, but I think he overestimates how useful perfect pivoting is. Maybe Shulk has the range to hit within Fox's pivot distance? He swapped to Link and I kept running into boomerangs, but Speed and (surprisingly for me) Jump served me well.
R5 vs. :4zss: - ZSS is quick, I'm worried... within 10 seconds I'm on 60%. Air combos, oh my god, this is terrifying. We had to do a reset because someone had changed the control scheme registered for my name. We quit and adjusted, I let him put me to 60% and we started again. He kept landing dash grabs on my back-rolls, pulling grabs off the Paralyser shots... man. I put up a decent fight in the first match but he took me to town. Second match, he unfortunately SD'd near the start. I didn't make the most of it... by the time he brought me to 1 stock, he was on about 50%. I managed to take this match. Third match, he SD'd again and I think it really hurt his morale. He made a lot more mistakes, plus by now I'd worked out what to look out for. I feel bad for him, but I'll take the win... I dread my next battle with a Zero Suit Samus.
R6 vs. :4falcon: - Local metagame, Falcon and Sheik. This guy told me he'd only played Falcon mirror matches the whole day. I've been trying to learn this match up. He takes the first match fairly cleanly. Second match, is going just as badly... but I'm on about 160% when he's on 30%, both on last stock... and I manage to carry him off-stage with Jump fairs and take the match. Praise Meyneth! Turning certain loss into a win! Third match, I don't remember much... I think I got a lot of early damage with Buster and landed a Vision on his fsmash to kill him at 80%. May have been a SD involved.
R7 vs. :4dedede: - This guy told me he'd actually been wanting to battle me during the last few local tournaments to fight against Shulk, so I'm strangely flattered. Fortunately as I saw him playing King Dedede, I relaxed a bit because I know Shulk does well against the fatties. He pulled out some unexpected quick moves (like fast fall nair -> utilt) and used the Gordos really well. I got a spike at the peak of his up-B. I think I should learn to drop shield and Vision when I see huge Smash attacks coming. Certainly an interesting match. As a sidenote, try not to be a "backseat driver". I'd heard someone complain this guy was spectating matches and saying what the players should be doing. I laughed internally when he said "Oh, I wouldn't recommend Buster for that situation" while I was fighting him in Buster. Don't try to help me to beat you :laugh:! Luckily I don't mind a bit of a chat during matches, but it did annoy some other players.
R8 vs. :4link:, :4sheik: - I cry internally whenever I see someone pick Link, but I think I've started to learn the matchup fairly well by now. I beat his Link pretty solidly in the first match. Then he swapped to Sheik... oh boy. Two-stocked me. By the third match, I'd learned a few of Sheik's tricks and what the player tried to do, but kept eating fairs and jab combos. I think I possibly could've taken this match, but I died to the classic "I thought I still had my second jump".
Other moments to note:
- Diddy Kong getting beaten by Dr. Mario (take that, tier list!)
- The title of "Best Player Name" goes to "The Fresh Prince of Back-air".
- If I continue to hear "I'm really feeling it!" from the spectators when I battle, I'm gonna really feel my fist in some faces.

I've learned that one of my panic buttons when I'm being aerial comboed is to use a Vision, which doesn't hit 60% of the time. Therefore, unwise. I need to learn the distances between the attacker and their hitboxes so I can know when a Vision will work. I also tend to jump up and away when being juggled - yeah, it's useful, but probably not when I do it 90% of the time (predictable, and forces me to re-land). I also have to figure out how to zone against the really fast guys, and make fast-fall grabbing more natural. Once people latch on to shield-grabbing the aerials I have a bad time.

Might've been a bit of luck with who I went up against, but a bit of confidence was restored. Hopefully I can learn to practise against people without actually playing against people - my lag (usually) makes my opponents cry at me.

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
- If I continue to hear "I'm really feeling it!" from the spectators when I battle, I'm gonna really feel my fist in some faces.
This. So much frustration from it, especially if they say it in an over-dramatic voice.

Also, congratulations on your placing in the tourney!

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Only reason I use Feeling It is because Shulk sounds ready to fight. Shulk Time's just too cheery, while Monado's Power isn't catchy
Shulk Time seems to be the comeback taunt for me, down to your last stock, opponent's ahead a stock and isn't close to dying, you pull off a crazy combo/string and then kill, it just seems right that it becomes Shulk Time.
Monado's Power is more of a flashy taunt, you kill with a move that never kills, or vision them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Shulk Time seems to be the comeback taunt for me, down to your last stock, opponent's ahead a stock and isn't close to dying, you pull off a crazy combo/string and then kill, it just seems right that it becomes Shulk Time.
Monado's Power is more of a flashy taunt, you kill with a move that never kills, or vision them.
Shulk Time's delivery really annoys me, in the trailer he sounded a bit more badass

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I only use "I'm really feeling it!" when a Shulk ditto happens or I manage to kill two people with one attack on teams.
"This is the monado's power!" when I get a realllly flashy kill.
"Now its Shulk time." when I feel like I'm doing great.
But I hardly taunt now a days.

Top Bottom