• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
- If I continue to hear "I'm really feeling it!" from the spectators when I battle, I'm gonna really feel my fist in some faces.
Only time I heard "Feeling It!" mid match was during a tournament when I got Dedede in 0% - 90% string and a couple of guys in the crowd started to yell out "Make him feel it!". Either way, I'm on the same boat as you. I wonder how people will react when they play Xenoblade and Shulk doesn't say the quote like in Smash?

- The title of "Best Player Name" goes to "The Fresh Prince of Back-air".
This so much. Now I know what to suggest for team names in doubles.

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
It's so weird that I got a notification months after I posted about Smash 3DS. And the name of the thread was changed. Anyways, hope my Shulk brothers have been doing well.

I placed 7th at a local recently. Could have potentially gotten further, but due to complications I had to leave early and accept a DQ. The falcon MU is tough, but other than that, it went pretty well.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
- If I continue to hear "I'm really feeling it!" from the spectators when I battle, I'm gonna really feel my fist in some faces.
Only time I heard "Feeling It!" mid match was during a tournament when I got Dedede in 0% - 90% string and a couple of guys in the crowd started to yell out "Make him feel it!". Either way, I'm on the same boat as you. I wonder how people will react when they play Xenoblade and Shulk doesn't say the quote like in Smash?

- The title of "Best Player Name" goes to "The Fresh Prince of Back-air".
This so much. Now I know what to suggest for team names in doubles.
Part of me also wants to pull a Melia when someone says they're feeling it and just say, "Yes, I feel it too 'Insert person's name'" and see how they react.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
The other great name choices are the one that make us sound dumb when calling the matches. Like "Ghost, is Ghost still here? You're supposed to be battling. We can't see Ghost," or "First match, we've got Chris vs. My Dad," or "Joel? In the next match you're up against Jesus."

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
The other great name choices are the one that make us sound dumb when calling the matches. Like "Ghost, is Ghost still here? You're supposed to be battling. We can't see Ghost,"
Step 1: Enter tournament under name "Kellam."

Step 2: Leave.

yaystrawberrypie

Smash Cadet
NNID
[MFiC]ySP

The other great name choices are the one that make us sound dumb when calling the matches. Like "Ghost, is Ghost still here? You're supposed to be battling. We can't see Ghost,"
Step 1: Enter tournament under name "Kellam."

Step 2: Leave.
Chrom, Ridley, Goku, Shrek, or even King K. Rool also work.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy

Gaur Plain live performance from Japanese Xenoblade 3D livestream
They did a few other select songs too you can find yourself :)

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
D

Deleted member

My French is terrible but I got this.
I feel ACE+ should do other soundtracks, what did they do for sm4sh other than Spark Man again?
The Fortress Boss track from Super Mario World.
Wonder who made that "corrida-like" voice btw.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Well, now we know what Nintendo's top 5 Xenoblade songs are.

imo Manami Kiyota's stuff is super underrated. Satorl Marsh Night, final boss music, Prison Island, Frontier Village, Refugee Camp, On the Fallen Arm... She also did Destroyed Skyworld in SSBU which is probably one of the best songs on that soundtrack

ACE+ does some sweet things but Kiyota gets no love :(

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I am so disappointed in Nintendo for so many reasons......

First, is they aren't showing Zelda Wii U at E3

Second, they aren't give us a Nintendo direct when we clearly need one.

Third, NoA has done an absolutely terrible job advertising Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.... Nintendo of UK is at least tweeting about it... But North Americans have nearly absolutely nothing!

Fourth, they haven't been advertising Xenoblade Chronicles X.... At all..... It's like they don't even exist! This is truly despicable as it is the biggest title(That we know of) that is coming this year....

Fifth, Nintendo has been complete morons when it comes to actually stocking things...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I am so disappointed in Nintendo for so many reasons......

First, is they aren't showing Zelda Wii U at E3

Second, they aren't give us a Nintendo direct when we clearly need one.

Third, NoA has done an absolutely terrible job advertising Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.... Nintendo of UK is at least tweeting about it... But North Americans have nearly absolutely nothing!

Fourth, they haven't been advertising Xenoblade Chronicles X.... At all..... It's like they don't even exist! This is truly despicable as it is the biggest title(That we know of) that is coming this year....

Fifth, Nintendo has been complete morons when it comes to actually stocking things...
They said E3 will focus on 2015 releases
They sometimes skip a month for E3, We'll get one in April
No comment, European
Nintendo Direct
There's a strike in Japan, not thier fault

Lozjam

Smash Champion
They said E3 will focus on 2015 releases
They sometimes skip a month for E3, We'll get one in April
No comment, European
Nintendo Direct
There's a strike in Japan, not thier fault
1. Where did they say that, also the lack of information for Zelda Wii U clearly is causing a lot of strife, animosity, and confusion with the consumers. Not showing Zelda Wii U will further cause said emotions, especially since many are afraid of a TP situation happening. To put it bluntly, we do not know ANYTHING about Zelda Wii U barring an idea of an open world and a few horse mechanics. This makes a lot of people, including me, skeptical about the title due to the empty promises that have been made in the past by the Zelda team. Furthermore, covering titles in 2016 is equally important, as we need to see what the future is for the Wii U.
2. That's great.... But considering that we have gotten bad news after bad news regarding Nintendo, it is not helping consumer security one bit. We need to know that Nintendo is about making good ol' console games, and we have not seen that this month with the sole exception of Splatoon.
3. It's really bad in America.
4. Nintendo Directs are not a good way of getting information to gamers outside of the current Nintendo install base. Furthermore, don't you find it sad that Xenoblade X is releasing NEXT MONTH, yet we do not even have an English website regarding Xenoblade X... I am just saying...
5. First. The strike wasn't in Japan, it was in California, and it has been long since resolved. Second, Even now, with no labor strike, they are still failing to meet any sort of demand they have. Just look at the mess that was MM3D and MH4(Which was published by Nintendo in North America), in which it was almost impossible to find a physical copy.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

Okay, when has NoA ever cared about Xenoblade? They didn't even want to localize it! NoE had to step in and let us get Xenoblade. You should be grateful they're actually releasing trailers for XC3D on YouTube

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Okay, when has NoA ever cared about Xenoblade? They didn't even want to localize it! NoE had to step in and let us get Xenoblade. You should be grateful they're actually releasing trailers for XC3D on YouTube
Sometimes its hard to believe a character from a game that didn't even want to be localize, got into one of Nintendo's big fighting game.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Xenoblade Chronicles sold every single copy in an extraordinarily short amount of time. Furthermore, it has reached critical acclaim over here, even more so than Japan. Also, we, by far, have the largest install base regarding the New 3DS. They really need to start caring now.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey kids. Just checking up on this thread. Those remixes are pretty amazing, by the way.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
1. Where did they say that, also the lack of information for Zelda Wii U clearly is causing a lot of strife, animosity, and confusion with the consumers. Not showing Zelda Wii U will further cause said emotions, especially since many are afraid of a TP situation happening. To put it bluntly, we do not know ANYTHING about Zelda Wii U barring an idea of an open world and a few horse mechanics. This makes a lot of people, including me, skeptical about the title due to the empty promises that have been made in the past by the Zelda team. Furthermore, covering titles in 2016 is equally important, as we need to see what the future is for the Wii U.
They did it with their announcement of the delay, games get delayed, get over it, at least you know it's being made. Nintendo always focuses on titles releasing in the current year at E3. Sure the games can be delayed. The only two exceptions to this are Splatoon, and Smash.
2. That's great.... But considering that we have gotten bad news after bad news regarding Nintendo, it is not helping consumer security one bit. We need to know that Nintendo is about making good ol' console games, and we have not seen that this month with the sole exception of Splatoon.
It's very rare for us to get a Direct in May, they've done it once I think.
Advertising In Japan and advertising in America is totally different. What's the point in advertising a game a month before it releases? That's how it is over here. Unless you're a hardcore fan of the series, you won't anticipate the game, you'll buy on impulse that's just how we are.
4. Nintendo Directs are not a good way of getting information to gamers outside of the current Nintendo install base. Furthermore, don't you find it sad that Xenoblade X is releasing NEXT MONTH, yet we do not even have an English website regarding Xenoblade X... I am just saying...
It releases in JAPAN next month. Do you have any idea how long it takes to localize an RPG? We might not get the game till the fall.
5. First. The strike wasn't in Japan, it was in California, and it has been long since resolved. Second, Even now, with no labor strike, they are still failing to meet any sort of demand they have. Just look at the mess that was MM3D and MH4(Which was published by Nintendo in North America), in which it was almost impossible to find a physical copy.
It was in California but it is NOT resolved. Maybe one or two ports have reopened but a vast majority of the ports on strike are still on strike.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
My French is terrible but I got this.
I feel ACE+ should do other soundtracks, what did they do for sm4sh other than Spark Man again?
This isn't Smash, but they did do Code of Princess. "Turn It Up!" may sound a little... familiar...

Some quick comments on what Lozjam's said
- I've found it to be the opposite response in terms of Zelda's delay. Granted I've not been reading many, but all the comments on it have been overwhelmingly positive. As in "Please, take as much time as you need to make this the best possible game."
- Chill about the Direct people, it's bound to happen soon. You all know we get nearly no prior notice, too.
- We don't know how far away Xenoblade X is for those outside of Japan, so I don't mind that there's not much stuff out about it yet. I actually expect we'll get some release dates in the next Direct.
- Nintendo's already commented on the amiibos. They've said they underestimated how well they'd sell, so fair enough. But they've also said that because of the process they have to go through to make more, they can't just wave their magic wand and go "More amiibos, bam." It'll take a few months for it to happen. And I dunno about the anyone else's regions, but they've been doing that, slowly. We actually got a portion of Japan's stock since our own stock was one of the world's smallest and the shortages are so bad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This isn't Smash, but they did do Code of Princess. "Turn It Up!" may sound a little... familiar...
Turn It Up! sounds a lot like You Will Know Our Names!
As @KingBro1 mentioned, a mash-up could be interesting.

We don't know a lot about titles when they are first announced, that should be natural.
Honestly, I am glad that it got delayed if it means that we get a better game. As Shigeru Miyamoto once said, "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever."

We will get a Nintendo Direct soon. Just be patient about it and Nintendo will release more information on new games and upcoming games.

I will agree that the marketing is pretty poor on NoA's part, but their marketing is different from Japan's marketing.

Look at how massive Xenoblade X is. I wouldn't be surprised if we won't get it for a while because of localization; there is so much text that needs to be translated. I think Nintendo will drop some info for Americans soon and try to hype up that audience.

Nintendo was overwhelmed by the fact that the amiibos sold well or had a high demand; it was poor on their part, but it explains why we have an amiibo shortage. That and the strike isn't their fault. I bet there will be more supply for these games once the issue is resolved.

Top Bottom