• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
So sad... My Xenoblade CD won't display album art on my phone :<

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
So I finally gave my dad the push he needed to play Xenoblade! He used to play games like Pac-Man and Galaga back in the day, so this is quite different for him. He's picking up the controls quite quickly, though. He already is astounded by the storyline and he's only just reached Tephra cave for the first time, lol.

cron0

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cronoestar
Happy holidays all! Took the train hime, along with my wii u. Made friends with the person sitting with me and because the train had outlets, we were able to set up smash and played for a couple hours. Best decision ever

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
Happy holidays all! Took the train hime, along with my wii u. Made friends with the person sitting with me and because the train had outlets, we were able to set up smash and played for a couple hours. Best decision ever
You lucky *******. Wish I had trains like that. But how did the other guy get to play staring at the gamepad screen?

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
So I finally gave my dad the push he needed to play Xenoblade! He used to play games like Pac-Man and Galaga back in the day, so this is quite different for him. He's picking up the controls quite quickly, though. He already is astounded by the storyline and he's only just reached Tephra cave for the first time, lol.
This reminds me of when my father watched the ending of Xenoblade on my first playthrough.

cron0

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cronoestar
You lucky *******. Wish I had trains like that. But how did the other guy get to play staring at the gamepad screen?
Gamecube adapter! We used the gamepad as a mini screen and it was awkward but still a lot of fun!

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I'm giving up on a white Christmas this year.
Its 8 degrees and pouring rain outside.
Gotta love Canadian weather.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Here is a nice Christmas present, the Xenoblade Chronicles X devs updated the official site with that gorgeous music from the trailer:

http://xenobladex.jp/

You can now listen to the two amazing music tracks of the game (the ones revealed so far)!

D

Deleted member

Happy holidays, followers of the Monado! Hopefully the beam of light will continue to guide us into the next year as we also embrace Xenoblade Chronicles: X!

Here is a nice Christmas present, the Xenoblade Chronicles X devs updated the official site with that gorgeous music from the trailer:

You can now listen to the two amazing music tracks of the game (the ones revealed so far)!
YEEEEEEEES! This is so freaking awesome!
Like Yoshi's Woolly World getting early content, I wish this song was selectable in Gaur Plain.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman

What section of the game do you think this song belongs in? We have heard the main theme of the game, and now we have this beautiful piece to listen to (Would love to get the lyrics to this song, hard to figure out lyrics on my own), but it's unclear where this song would be heard. Perhaps like Unfinished Battle where it's a cutscene song?

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Just fought a good Duck Hunt, annoyingly good (not with Shulk, ZSS, but still annoying as crap). I forgot how much i hate fighting good Duck Hunt's, the cans mobility/manuervaribility is ridiculous, not to mention he grabbed 90% of the time when i was on the ground. Half the time if you're distracted by trying to dodge the can, you'll get grabbed, it's ridiculous. -__-

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What section of the game do you think this song belongs in? We have heard the main theme of the game, and now we have this beautiful piece to listen to (Would love to get the lyrics to this song, hard to figure out lyrics on my own), but it's unclear where this song would be heard. Perhaps like Unfinished Battle where it's a cutscene song?
I think it might be a promotional song, not being present in the actual game, buuuuut I would love to be wrong. This would be an amazing song to play during some boss battle in the climax of the game or something, I think!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I was browsing Wikipedia, and apparently Shulk has a Wikipedia page. If you count the Xeno- meta franchise as part of the same thing, it means he's the third character to get a specific page along with Shion Uzuki and KOS-MOS. For Super Smash Bros., he's the 38th character to have a specific page (39 if counting Koopalings). Note that I say 38th since not every character has an independent page.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I thought I would introduce myself here,since I've been a lurker for some time, and Shulk is one of my mains.
And yes, I am ready to fight to the death for that Amiibo (but he isn't available on websites in France for some reason...)

cron0

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cronoestar
I was browsing Wikipedia, and apparently Shulk has a Wikipedia page. If you count the Xeno- meta franchise as part of the same thing, it means he's the third character to get a specific page along with Shion Uzuki and KOS-MOS. For Super Smash Bros., he's the 38th character to have a specific page (39 if counting Koopalings). Note that I say 38th since not every character has an independent page.
There was a part of me that wanted to believe a leak that called the new game Xenogears something or other, because I want so badly for more ties to that game. I was upset that Xenosaga was barely referencing it.

D

Deleted member

It makes me sad when I go into For Glory and I encounter a Shulk main that doesn't use Monado Arts. I played as Shulk against him and I two stocked him because I used the Monado Arts.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
It makes me sad when I go into For Glory and I encounter a Shulk main that doesn't use Monado Arts. I played as Shulk against him and I two stocked him because I used the Monado Arts.
maybe that was their first time playing as Shulk? Most beginner that don't follow smash news by not know what the monado arts do.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
You didn't have to bully the child who just got a Wii U and Smash for Christmas! D:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I often get into Shulk dittos where the other player uses no MA's and I agree that it's honestly..quite boring. However, yesterday I encountered a fairly good Shulk who was using the same color as me (Fiora), so that was pretty fun.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
I'm guessing I'm the only one who uses the MA's less often than my opponent in Shulk dittos? I personally don't use them too much to avoid relying on them all the time, opting instead to use them when an opportunity arises while still having the versatility to quickly switch or cancel my chosen art.

cron0

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cronoestar
Trained with a dude on Anthers for a solid hour and a half or so and I really saw how the Monado Arts can swing things dramatically

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So I had an eventful Christmas day. One thing led to another and I ended up playing Smash with two of my cousin's friends while he slept. They weren't completely new to Smash itself from what I could tell, although it took them some time to learn how to recover properly. Anyway, I was playing with them as Shulk and we had a **** ton of fun. I got the hang of just ****ing around with my use of the MArts (especially with taking a while before I stop pressing B if I have ample time to choose, which can really mess with people's heads as I've learned from playing FG afterward). We all had a great time, and I think they may have developed an interest in actually purchasing the game.

For my Christmas, I had to deal with my friend's Sheik. That f-air usage was real

With Shulk, I did waaaay better with buster activated than speed at the start

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm trying my best to spread the worth Shulk has by going to events in person. Currently my goal is to train against varies opponents so I can gain a strong understanding of my limitations and exploits, and go to APEX 2015 to see if it will blend.

Also, I think Shulk does best on stages with platforms since it can really emphasis the range of Shulk's attacks.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I'm trying my best to spread the worth Shulk has by going to events in person. Currently my goal is to train against varies opponents so I can gain a strong understanding of my limitations and exploits, and go to APEX 2015 to see if it will blend.

Also, I think Shulk does best on stages with platforms since it can really emphasis the range of Shulk's attacks.
Gah, platforms, my one weakness. Seriously, i have alot of trouble with platform stages, specifically Battlefield, since it messes up my attacks and more often than not leads to me being attacked from below because i can't get below the platform in time. : \

Also, i posted a looooooot of stuff on the Shulk/Greninja match up in the MU thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/greninja-match-up-thread.384323/

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Gah, platforms, my one weakness. Seriously, i have alot of trouble with platform stages, specifically Battlefield, since it messes up my attacks and more often than not leads to me being attacked from below because i can't get below the platform in time. : \

Also, i posted a looooooot of stuff on the Shulk/Greninja match up in the MU thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/greninja-match-up-thread.384323/
Yeah, I've gotten way too used to FD myself thanks to FG. In theory I see why Shulk should be better on platform stages but I personally am worse.

Oh and that is a lot of great information on the Greninja match-up!

Last edited:

Zephil

Smash Ace
For my Christmas, I had to deal with my friend's Sheik. That f-air usage was real

With Shulk, I did waaaay better with buster activated than speed at the start
huh really?

I actually think using Buster is a really bad idea against Sheik as her combo strings then make more damage. I think Speed is the better option still at the beginning as it allows you to be more mobile.

I think the main problem its the mentality that Speed means "lol YOLO approach FTW" when actually what Speed brings is a much better horizontal movement which improves a lot your spacing against fast opponents as you can retreat with nair better and faster

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Yes, you take ×1.13 damage while in Buster, but you deal ×1.4 damage yourself. If Sheik gets you in a combo string, you can actually rapid press B to get out of the art while in the combo.

huh really?

I actually think using Buster is a really bad idea against Sheik as her combo strings then make more damage. I think Speed is the better option still at the beginning as it allows you to be more mobile.

I think the main problem its the mentality that Speed means "lol YOLO approach FTW" when actually what Speed brings is a much better horizontal movement which improves a lot your spacing against fast opponents as you can retreat with nair better and faster
Yeah really but I guess it's all just in me I guess. Maybe I played poorly with speed. Idk. I was sleepy af

cron0

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cronoestar
Got myself handed to me by some random guy on Fg. I really dont understand how people can shield everything and counter perfectly, while also being able to have rewarding aggression. I swear its like they are always one or two steps ahead of my every move-__

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
Got myself handed to me by some random guy on Fg. I really dont understand how people can shield everything and counter perfectly, while also being able to have rewarding aggression. I swear its like they are always one or two steps ahead of my every move-__
I know that feeling. Then it's like the other way around sometimes right?

cron0

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cronoestar
I know that feeling. Then it's like the other way around sometimes right?
Not lately, but I'm at least at the stage where I recognize what I'm not doing well and need to work on. Currently that would be my spacing, approaches, and follow ups.

Top Bottom