• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oh cool

Thank you Sakurai for adding Pokemon StadiYUM 2 to All Star Mode. I just LOVE that Electric transformation.

Remind me, what do treadmills have to do with electricity again?

I also love Yoshi's Woolly World, great stage. 10/10. Oh you got hit by a Pit nair weak hit? ENJOY your buffered nair and being unable to recover.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think your parents should be teaching you how to save money rather than focusing on this academic award
:secretkpop:

I think your parents should be teaching you how to save money rather than focusing on this academic award
Idk man. I can't do much with $3 a day

And psh. I don't need any teaching on how to get awards when my professors suck at their job. I'll just wait this out. Plus, I got like whopping 92 in my recent exam so I'm sealed for a Wii U by March. I had to cut down playing Smash 3DS to once per 2 weeks for that

Also, I'm sort of almost done with all these stupid buster tricks

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
So my 3DS was in sleep mode, and I arrived at a gamestop in a mall. I looked and found the amiibos, and there was only one Shulk left. I opened my 3DS and checked the Shulk trophy to see how accurate the amiibo is. While I was looking, in the corner of my eye, this guy snatched it quickly. I said "hey! Thats mine!" Now I said that pretty loud, so a few bystanders looked at us. The guy said "Look, sorry, but I really need this." I said "I was here first so its mine." Then he pulls out his 3DS and he literally says: "Lets settle this with smash" I agreed and we connected the 3DS's and then we fought.

I was using Villager and he was using Shulk. It was an extremely close battle. We had no items and 3 stocks. He lost due to spamming backslash.

He excepted defeat, then I got my Shulk amiibo.

And it felt amazing.

Um... Why?
That was a compliment dude. Back slash spammers are bad so you did a good job teaching him a lesson of why back slash is useless

If you're asking why I moved your thread, it's because it felt more appropriate for it to be discussed at the social thread.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
So my 3DS was in sleep mode, and I arrived at a gamestop in a mall. I looked and found the amiibos, and there was only one Shulk left. I opened my 3DS and checked the Shulk trophy to see how accurate the amiibo is. While I was looking, in the corner of my eye, this guy snatched it quickly. I said "hey! Thats mine!" Now I said that pretty loud, so a few bystanders looked at us. The guy said "Look, sorry, but I really need this." I said "I was here first so its mine." Then he pulls out his 3DS and he literally says: "Lets settle this with smash" I agreed and we connected the 3DS's and then we fought.

I was using Villager and he was using Shulk. It was an extremely close battle. We had no items and 3 stocks. He lost due to spamming backslash.

And it felt amazing.
Wha... Whaat?! Where did you find a Shulk amiibo?! I thought they were supposed to be coming out February.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
How did you even get him?
Isn't he releasing in Feburary?
My EB games was sold out of pre-orders for him.:cry:
Wha... Whaat?! Where did you find a Shulk amiibo?! I thought they were supposed to be coming out February.
In Japan Shulk was available at launch, apparently. Gotta remember not everyone on SmashBoards is of Western decent.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
In Japan Shulk was available at launch, apparently. Gotta remember not everyone on SmashBoards is of Western decent.
But this...
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/lineup/aabv/index.html

edit:

And it felt amazing.
I don't believe you. Can you take a photo or something?

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
That was a compliment dude. Back slash spammers are bad so you did a good job teaching him a lesson of why back slash is useless

If you're asking why I moved your thread, it's because it felt more appropriate for it to be discussed at the social thread.
Well then I should also say that he overpredicted where I was going to attack so, all of his counters failed.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117

And it felt amazing.
#Weshouldchangethesocialthreadnameto"SettlingitinSmashforShulkAmiibos"

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
What have I done?

Thats still hlarious though.

One question: Should I use Shulk? I was told having too many mains can make you rust in skill.
I say you should try every char. at least once, you never know, you might find you're great with some characters that you didn't think about using before. But it's your choice.

Also, i have alot of mains, and my skill is still as good as ever IMO. I haven't seen any difference.

Well that was disappointing

Still won't change the thread title
Yeeeeeeeees, we're keeping the name! : D

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
sorry im a little late to this convo but better now than never
There's nothing wrong with playing a lot of characters if you have fun with them and feel you're skilled enough with each of them :)
I use :4shulk::4robinf::rosalina::4samus: and sometimes :4lucina:. I can play all of then very well, although I do need to work on Lucina a bit.

tldr; if you like a character, use them! Even if you want to play on a competitive tournament level, you can still succeed using more than one or two characters.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
While we're on the topic of mains I'm sticking to just one :4shulk: because I know that I won't use (let alone explore) a character as in-depth as I do with Shulk.

I do have quite a number of secondaries though:
:4robinf: for projectiles and conventional attacks
:4marth: for proper spacing
:4megaman: for thinking on the fly
:4mario: for all-rounders

They pretty much help me cover any kind of matchup I have problems with as Shulk except for fast/rushdown characters :4sonic::4fox::4greninja:. Anyone got any advice on how I could handle those?

cron0

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cronoestar
Not entirely sure if this belongs here, but wanted to stop in and introduce myself since I main Shulk pretty heavily!
I've been lurking for a while and I can say the Shulk boards have been pretty crucial in my development with him so on top of a "hey guys how's it going" I want to say thank you!

Hopefully I can offer meaningful conversation and contribute back in some way! But anyway, to add to the topic at hand

I think Smash 4 is really great about letting you explore multiple character options, so I'd say if you want 3 or 4 mains, go for it! For me it comes down to having a lot of connections with too many characters (namely Megaman because he was my childhood) but having options for different match-ups is valid enough of a reason, too!

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
While we're on the topic of mains I'm sticking to just one :4shulk: because I know that I won't use (let alone explore) a character as in-depth as I do with Shulk.

I do have quite a number of secondaries though:
:4robinf: for projectiles and conventional attacks
:4marth: for proper spacing
:4megaman: for thinking on the fly
:4mario: for all-rounders

They pretty much help me cover any kind of matchup I have problems with as Shulk except for fast/rushdown characters :4sonic::4fox::4greninja:. Anyone got any advice on how I could handle those?
One big reason of why I really aren't open to getting more mains is my signature. Vill, Mega, Robin, Piy and DL are my mains. You have no idea how long it took to get the perfect pic. I had 5 controllers in front of me. FIVE. Im planning to get two more.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Yea ok, I lied about the Shulk amiibo. The story is true, but I added the Shulk amiibo to make the story more intreging.

We fought over a Luigi amiibo. (They're starting to get rare) and he still used Shulk.

And I was victorious. Heres proof:

http://imgur.com/kaSzLTN
Is Luigi that rare? My local EB has over a dozen of them still in stock. Maybe I should go pick one up.
They weren't accepting pre-orders for any more ammibos so I don't like my chances of getting Falcon

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
My second Smash Bros. tournament.
Shulk all the time but for one round with Falco that I lost anyway.

5th out of 41 entrants.
Beaten by a projectile-happy ROB player and a Rosalina & Luma player.
"This is a good result!"

Oh my god OoS Air slash <3

Oh and it's awfully dark today. I'll be not doing much Smash stuff because of the holidays

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Speaking of the holidays, I should probably check to see if stores have adapters in stock soon.

Zephil

Smash Ace

Oh and it's awfully dark today. I'll be not doing much Smash stuff because of the holidays
Daamn right! I don't understand why more people don't realize how good Air Slash is in general.

Very strong, specially in Smash of course
Great vertical recovery and surprisingly an acceptable horizontal recovery
OOS Air Slash works wonders
The hitbox is stupidly HUGE and both hits connect well most of the times.

Is easily one of my favorite moves.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Speaking of the holidays, I should probably check to see if stores have adapters in stock soon.
I'll probably be getting one for Christmas =]. Will it improve online play? I sure hope.

I've just experienced something I didn't know I missed so much from Brawl days. You know those groups of people in Brawl online that literally do nothing but derp around taunting and stuff? Disrupting those. There's nothing better.

On entering the group, I was suspicious that this was going to be one of those groups because one of the profiles was named "<3 cutsie." To get a feel for the group, once the battle started I went into Monado Speed and ran off to the side of the stage and observed. I realized that they were actually doing the same, but to get a feel for me, the unknown person joining their 'party.' This verified my original suspicion, meaning it was time. Time to unleash the power of the Monado!

I exclaim, "Now it's Shulk time!" for "Coliseum" is my stage, I am the star, and these people are my guests/audience. I pivot grab the Marth who happens to be off to the side with me. I go sliding towards the other two with their friend in my grasp and launch him back towards them, letting them know I'm serious. This is when, as expected, they try to gang up on me. Aside from the Marth there is an annoying Sonic and a half naked Zero Suit Samus, who unsurprisingly is the one named "<3 cutsie." Forward air, Back air, Down Smash, most attacks land and often on more than one person. They are like a pack of bunnits, defenseless against my blade. Despite their odd feelings of friendship, their lack of synergy is apparent through the friendly fire they inflict upon each other. With each kill, I laugh diabolically at their scrambling. Dunban and Riki come to aid me with a chain attack at one point of the battle. In the end I am victorious, and this "good result" continues until the connection with my guests is lost two battles later.

I used to do this in Brawl but never was it so easy and never did it feel so right. I've improved a lot and am much better now, as Shulk, than I was then, as Lucas. I need to play For Fun FFAs more often, because this was among the best times I've ever had in Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

When I read the title, I immediately thought of...
Shulk's dream where he picks up a piece of scrap metal and proceeds to fall.

And it felt amazing.
We should send this story to Nintendo to prove that settling it in Smash solves most of our problems, like choosing what to eat for dinner!

Daamn right! I don't understand why more people don't realize how good Air Slash is in general.

Very strong, specially in Smash of course
Great vertical recovery and surprisingly an acceptable horizontal recovery
OOS Air Slash works wonders
The hitbox is stupidly HUGE and both hits connect well most of the times.

Is easily one of my favorite moves.
I should be practicing this then. Such a technique could help me get out in certain situations...

Top Bottom