• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Hi guys, I was just wondering if there is a possibility of being able to pre-order the Shulk amiibo again. He went out of stock once and came back so I'm wondering if that will happen again. Thank you.

Why does everything I post end up in some thread?
My bad about the wrong moving. Haha

This is the 3rd thread about Amiibos I had to move. Amiibos are nifty and all but they don't really merit their own thread. Just discuss it here because it seems to be one of the hot topics of this social

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Phew, back to business.
I'm finally back, and ready to kick ...bottoms? with Monado Boy!

Any hidden/broken combos found? If not, then I'm just going to train in cruel smash for a while.

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
My bad about the wrong moving. Haha

This is the 3rd thread about Amiibos I had to move. Amiibos are nifty and all but they don't really merit their own thread. Just discuss it here because it seems to be one of the hot topics of this social
Your statement that Amiibos don't merit their own thread is subjective. Its not my fault you aren't big on them. Why would I want to put it in some social thread where most likely no one will see it? Also, you might as well start moving more threads because there are plenty threads about Amiibos. Just leave my thread alone.

Last edited:
Your statement that Amiibos don't merit their own thread is subjective. Its not my fault you aren't big on them. Why would I want to put it in some social thread where most likely no one will see it? Also, you might as well start moving more threads because there are plenty threads about Amiibos. Just leave my thread alone.
As stated in your re-posted thread, post your question here

http://smashboards.com/threads/amiibo-general-thread.384590/

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
And so I finally stumble back into the thread. Smashboards doesn't want me here it seems. x-x

Anywho, Christmas spoils! I gooooot~

- Smash Wii U (Finally! :o )
- Bayonetta 2 (Loved it! <3)
- Hyrule Warriors (Darn this Adventure Map!)
- Kirby, Link, and Pikachu amiibo, as well as Shulk's pre-ordered (Next up, Pit and Lucario!)
- Wii U Pro controller (aargh finally)
- Clooooothes (Yaaaaay!)
- Attack on Titan blanket ( <3 <3 )
- Money money money

And hopefully I'll get the books I asked my grandparents for.
Queprkbedidmenxk Smash in HD is so gooood.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
And so I finally stumble back into the thread. Smashboards doesn't want me here it seems. x-x

Anywho, Christmas spoils! I gooooot~

- Smash Wii U (Finally! :o )
- Bayonetta 2 (Loved it! <3)
- Hyrule Warriors (Darn this Adventure Map!)
- Kirby, Link, and Pikachu amiibo, as well as Shulk's pre-ordered (Next up, Pit and Lucario!)
- Wii U Pro controller (aargh finally)
- Clooooothes (Yaaaaay!)
- Attack on Titan blanket ( <3 <3 )
- Money money money

And hopefully I'll get the books I asked my grandparents for.
Queprkbedidmenxk Smash in HD is so gooood.
Would you recommend Hyrule Warriors?
I'm not sure but I'm kind of tempted to get it.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I can say, it's very very solid.
Either you only play story mode, and stop playing the game after that, or you will succumb to the adventure mode map. And will drown in anger and exitment, trying to unlock every character and weapon type there is.
I mean, links great fairy is cool, and ruto ist my favourite character till now. She plays well.

Pro: Has over 180 hours gametime and DLC
-Has many different characters AND weapontypes, which keeps the game "fresh".
-Grinding is fun, even with repeditive gameplay.
(-Amiibo support. Spin to win!)

Con: Short story.
-Repeditive Gameplay.

It entirely depends on your taste.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Have you played a Dynasty Warriors game?

Do you like spending hours slaughtering swarms of enemies using fancy attacks?

It will actually depend on the person, because it can get tedious at times for those that don't have the patience with mindless slaughter.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
so does anyone know how to deal with characters that can rush you down or combo for days? my biggest problem is luigi. it seems that any luigi who knows how to breathe can just combo and get a grab reset since shulk cant really land. i also heard that sheik was supposed to be a "pick a different character" type of match up. but im having more trouble with freaking weegee. i can also see falcon giving me similar trouble. and i feel this is gonna be common in the meta game so ill take any advice for this. or i might have to sadly switch characters for those match ups (which i'd rather not have to do)

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Welp, fought this guy named Crispy, NNID name: Greyfox727. His luigi was ridiculously good, and he had all this control of his spacing and pivots...He was a real pro. Definitely as good as Link404, it was crazy.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Luigi gives me issues too, so I start out in Monado Smash to get out of the combos. Falcon is worse in For Glory with input lag, but general strategy would be to respond to his approaches. Sheik, idk. Fyi this is a discussion more suited for the Match-up thread
http://smashboards.com/threads/enga...l-directory-current-match-up-greninja.369284/
Right, this is like the second time i've fought a really good Luigi, although this guy was way better than the last. And ok.

D

Deleted member

Good old Weegee giving people trouble? I have some tips that could help:
-Make sure that you use Shulk's range to your advantage and space him out. His approach options can be neutered thanks to the Monado. All Luigi can do to get in are his Fireballs, short hop aerials, and Luigi Cyclone. Space him with nairs as that will decrease the effectiveness of his approaches, especially when his Fireballs are cancelled out by nairs. His Luigi Cyclone can also be punished since it has a lot of ending lag.
-It's important that you space out Luigi for this important reason: His down throw is basically godly. He can freestyle and combo you like crazy! He can fair multiple times, grab you near a ledge and just do two dairs to KO you, and so on. Be sure to remember Shulk's ending lag on most of his attacks as Luigi will abuse this for a free grab or Super Jump Punch.
-I recommend that you use Speed and Buster against him and only use Jump when necessary. Shield isn't wise even at higher percents in my opinion and Luigi could abuse your weak defenses of Smash.
-Shulk's aerials are a godsend to him when Luigi is recovering. Luigi's recovery is absolute crap. Sure, he can reach great distances with a Green Missile, midair jump, Luigi Cyclone, and Super Jump Punch combo. However, his recovery can be easily gimped by Shulk's range. Make Luigi battle for the ledge! I especially recommend Shulk's bair against Luigi.

I don't think these are the best tips; I haven't fought too many Shulks in For Glory to know the match up very well. However, I have a lot of knowledge on Luigi. He can be very powerful and has a godly down throw, but he his hindered by a terrible recovery and limited approach options.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Got the Wii U version of Smash today and Shulk's the first new I wanted to try out on this version.

I still really need to get better with the guy, the Monado Arts mechanic has me especially motivated to do so. Hoping training with friends will help me improve on my Shulk game. After I get a general feel of him, adapting to other players online should be relatively easy for me. :p

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
Luigi Up-B is just madness, if sweet spotted, you're out at 70% even with Shield popped up.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Luigi Up-B is just madness, if sweet spotted, you're out at 70% even with Shield popped up.
Nah, as long you aren't in buster mode, your shield should hold it out.

Shield generally is a good option to deal with him, since he can't grab you while he's in the air, and the cyclone will result in such high ending laag, that it is easy for you to punish. Just beware of his grabs, and try to outspace him with well placed nair/fair/3rd jab/...
Up tilt also works quite nicely, just beware of the missile.

Last edited:

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
Nah, as long you aren't in buster mode, your shield should hold it out.

Shield generally is a good option to deal with him, since he can't grab you while he's in the air, and the cyclone will result in such high ending laag, that it is easy for you to punish. Just beware of his grabs, and try to outspace him with well placed nair/fair/3rd jab/...
Up tilt also works quite nicely, just beware of the missile.
I'm pretty sure a sweet spotted Up-b can launch off Shulk with Monado Shield at 70%. Will do them math later.

Also, god be damned with that Green Missile, dunno how many times I lost by bein launched trying to counter it. Like I said once, Doc. Mario and Luigi are, by far, my worst match-up, my victory % upon them is so damn short, maybe I'm the one lacking some skill.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Since I usually play against a Mario or Doc main, I've gotten used to fighting against the paisanos.

Also, no, Luigi's Super Jump Punch cannot KO Shulk at 70% with Shield active. Maybe if you have Smash active.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I'm pretty sure a sweet spotted Up-b can launch off Shulk with Monado Shield at 70%. Will do them math later.

Also, god be damned with that Green Missile, dunno how many times I lost by bein launched trying to counter it. Like I said once, Doc. Mario and Luigi are, by far, my worst match-up, my victory % upon them is so damn short, maybe I'm the one lacking some skill.
Ah, I though you meant shield, in actual shield, and not the monado art.
Even so, no it shouldn't ko at 70% with shield active.

Last edited:

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
Since I usually play against a Mario or Doc main, I've gotten used to fighting against the paisanos.

Also, no, Luigi's Super Jump Punch cannot KO Shulk at 70% with Shield active. Maybe if you have Smash active.
Maybe I overreacted on the Shield, but I think Smash is also a little too much. I think neutral can KO Shulk at 70%. AAAAH! I really don't know, maybe I'm starting to have nightmares with it. A while back I went against a Luigi, I could hardly take one of his stocks in FG (in every game, not a single stock for 10 matches). For like, 8 or 10 matches I tried. After such shameful display, I ended up leaving the lobby, as I couldn't stare at myself in the mirror ever again.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Paisanos are sort of skill gate characters, in the sense that they teach you the importance of respecting space. One bad move and you'll get up to 70% at least or get KO'd abnormally fast, and the characters do have some dirty tricks in order to do so. It's not an unwinnable match up since they each have their own flaws. Doc and Mario have mediocre recover and the range on their normals is average. Luigi has the latter problem to a slightly lesser extent, and his KO options tend to be situational.

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
The problem is not the match-up. But myself. I can't say that the problem is the people who beat me. In the end, I am to blame for my lack of skill, as all I can do is keep whining here in the forums about it.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
Well this isn't Luigi but, how do I deal with Robins? I still find that with Speed I can't get through because of the Arc Fire and throws.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't read that since Robin players make up crap just to make their character look like they're better then Wii Fit Trainer.

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
True, but this line of thought is just childish. Everyone makes a good point here or there, that you can actually use in your development. Even Robin players. :p

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Huh. It's funny how 3/4 of my mains are currently talked about.

The thing with robin is, you gotta read her/him. The thread brings a few solid points, but... of well, just read it.^^

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I find Shulk able to deal with Robin quite easily, and when I play as Robin I find it realllyyy hard to deal with a good Shulk. Robin sucks against rushdown, so just use Speed and work your way through his/her barrage of projectiles.
Huh. It's funny how 3/4 of my mains are currently talked about.

The thing with robin is, you gotta read her/him. The thread brings a few solid points, but... of well, just read it.^^
Read him/her like a tome? :p
Seriously though, good advice. A lot of Robin's moves have some end lag, so watch out for what he/she is going to do.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I find Shulk able to deal with Robin quite easily, and when I play as Robin I find it realllyyy hard to deal with a good Shulk. Robin sucks against rushdown, so just use Speed and work your way through his/her barrage of projectiles.

Read him/her like a tome? :p
Seriously though, good advice. A lot of Robin's moves have some end lag, so watch out for what he/she is going to do.
Haha, good one~

And well, when I play as robin, I feel a little slow, but I seem to be able to dodge every move. I sometimes end matches with 2 stocks and around 40% in FG, because... I just dodge, fair/bair into them, and doge outa it when it didn't connect. I use elwind far too much, and it hits stupidly often.
But I guess I should talk a little more about shulk in a shulk thread, so... just try to read her Tome-moves, and if you can predict her Smashes, counter it. A perfect counteres smash could make her meet with her creator pretty soon. There is always a pattern. Try to be either passive reading her moves, or incredibly aggressive, overwhelming her.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Haha, good one~

And well, when I play as robin, I feel a little slow, but I seem to be able to dodge every move. I sometimes end matches with 2 stocks and around 40% in FG, because... I just dodge, fair/bair into them, and doge outa it when it didn't connect. I use elwind far too much, and it hits stupidly often.
But I guess I should talk a little more about shulk in a shulk thread, so... just try to read her Tome-moves, and if you can predict her Smashes, counter it. A perfect counteres smash could make her meet with her creator pretty soon. There is always a pattern. Try to be either passive reading her moves, or incredibly aggressive, overwhelming her.
Read her moves...So basically, you gotta outstrategize the tactician, beat her at her own game eh? Sounds like we're changing her predicted fate for us. Just like Lucina says, the future isn't written. : 3

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Read her moves...So basically, you gotta outstrategize the tactician, beat her at her own game eh? Sounds like we're changing her predicted fate for us. Just like Lucina says, the future isn't written. : 3
Or like Shulk says, "The future is ours to decide!"
But I thought he only ever said "I'm really feeling it!" and "Now it's Shulk time!"

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
Well, another funny thing happened in a Shulk ditto match. At the start of the match, my opponent went to his left and fell, suddenly realized he was looking at the wrong Shulk, Air Slash...and missed the ledge.

Have you (or your opponent) suddenly panic when controlling the wrong character?

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Well, another funny thing happened in a Shulk ditto match. At the start of the match, my opponent went to his left and fell, suddenly realized he was looking at the wrong Shulk, Air Slash...and missed the ledge.

Have you (or your opponent) suddenly panic when controlling the wrong character?
Actually my friends and I had a 5 person Shulk FFA earlier today. One of them, not paying attention to which Shulk they were, managed to Back Slash themselves off of the ledge thinking they were me (I was in the right ledge, he was at the left and BS'd left).

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'm finally getting back to training myself to use the right analog stick and use the left bumper to jump (I am a tap jumper). Using A for aerials and tap jumping has been limiting me, even though I'm definitely not bad when playing like that. So far, with tap jump turned off, I have been pulling off short hops surprisingly consistently. What's mostly left is fixing my reflex. However, using the right analog stick to do aerials is not coming as naturally. This is probably because I have not turned the A button off like I have turned tap jumps off. Maybe I should temporarily do that and see if it helps :p.

edit: I'm going to set my A button to special so every time I go for a Fair or Bair with it I back slash off the stage.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Do anyone know any good equipment to that can help me beat classic on 8.0 or higher? I having problems with the master core.

Top Bottom