• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

GeoExpulsion

Smash Rookie
It looks like they put in a named Seven trophy. A shame, since it pretty much spoils the first half of Xenoblade and perhaps beyond depending on its description.

(New poster here, "hi" by the way)

As a huge fan of Xenoblade, what really bugs me about this spoiler is that they made it a power-up in a new party game mode. Like, everyone who owns the Wii U version will likely play this mode and see this spoiler. It's kinda weird why they did that actually.

(New poster here, "hi" by the way)

As a huge fan of Xenoblade, what really bugs me about this spoiler is that they made it a power-up in a new party game mode. Like, everyone who owns the Wii U version will likely play this mode and see this spoiler. It's kinda weird why they did that actually.
Welcome to the Shulk boards m8

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
If you guys are interested, I uploaded Part One of a new Shulk Commentates. Part Two coming soon(ish).

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
So, anyone want to watch the absolute worst playthrough of Xenoblade ever? Because I can deliver.

My favorite quote is: "He has an Australian accent."

"I'm not gonna hold the gamepad and the wiimote at the same time, that doesn't make sense."

really

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
He said the game came out recently, he was probably talking about the Classic Controller. :p But still, that guy was silly.

Also whose idea was it to not give us any control of the camera in Smash Run? Taking pictures for my guide is hard when I can't pan the camera. x-x

Last edited:

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
My favorite part of the video was
"You won't have to worry about being the fifth wheel."
Melia: "Thanks"

Oh man, this kills me.

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
I was kind of thinking how Shield could have been. Since in Smash 4, it's actually, well... That other optional spoilers(?) Monado Art in Xenoblade that is what actually increases your defenses. That's what the Art should have been in Smash. I find myself using Shield less and less these days, since it's a bit counter-intuitive to have increased defense and molasses speed on a timer in a game where you want to avoid getting hit.

But I was thinking, how cool would it have been if Shield, like in Xenoblade, blocked a single Talent Art? Which naturally, would mean Shulk could absorb a single special attack. He'd still be really slow and weaker. But it would feel productive like his other arts. Negate one of Link's projectiles, perhaps a single hit of Marth's Side-B, etc.. It'd act as if you simply shielded. Not Up-Bs though, that would be cheats, and they're Recovery Arts anyway.

Oh well, just a random thought I had. It just hit me that it's weird that Shield actually has the function of another of his Arts in his game.

Last edited:
I got 2nd place :|

Only 1 out of 5 Little Macs actually knew how to use their characters. The rest kept Jolt Haymakering to rushdown too much. So it was an easy going time. The one I was talking about actually was aware that shield laughs at KO punch but he never bothered using counter to recover back on stage....

I lost to Diddy (1-2) though ajdaskjlffff. I SD'd at least once per match in the finals thanks to back slash. I still have trouble

I used DMarts most of the time because there were a lot of Macs. I switched back to HMarts when I wasn't fighting one

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I was online a few days ago and I noticed they did a conquest with Little Mac in it.
What were they even trying to accomplish with that, god.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
On the topic of arts.. I always found it weird that the art that does more damage but less knockback is called Buster. I think Enchant would make a LOT more sense and maybe Buster could have been the art that makes you launch farther since.. you know it is a really powerful attack is Xenoblade but eh, whatever, just nitpicking at this point.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I was kind of thinking how Shield could have been. Since in Smash 4, it's actually, well... That other optional spoilers(?) Monado Art in Xenoblade that is what actually increases your defenses. That's what the Art should have been in Smash. I find myself using Shield less and less these days, since it's a bit counter-intuitive to have increased defense and molasses speed on a timer in a game where you want to avoid getting hit.

But I was thinking, how cool would it have been if Shield, like in Xenoblade, blocked a single Talent Art? Which naturally, would mean Shulk could absorb a single special attack. He'd still be really slow and weaker. But it would feel productive like his other arts. Negate one of Link's projectiles, perhaps a single hit of Marth's Side-B, etc.. It'd act as if you simply shielded. Not Up-Bs though, that would be cheats, and they're Recovery Arts anyway.

Oh well, just a random thought I had. It just hit me that it's weird that Shield actually has the function of another of his Arts in his game.
I think "Shield" should have been his actual shield, like Yoshi with the egg. Oh well.

Here's another... "voice-over"... that I found. HIIYYYAAAAA
(Edit: Whoops, wrong video. Good now.)

Last edited:

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
On the topic of arts.. I always found it weird that the art that does more damage but less knockback is called Buster. I think Enchant would make a LOT more sense and maybe Buster could have been the art that makes you launch farther since.. you know it is a really powerful attack is Xenoblade but eh, whatever, just nitpicking at this point.
I let that one slide a bit more since Xenoblade's Buster is a damage dealer. Enchant did buff damage, but it was pretty tiny, and it was really just an anti-Mechon Art. Enchant and Buster would really have worked as Buster and Smash respectively, though. Shield is supposed to change the future by completely protecting Shulk from special attacks, while he has another Art that does the same exact thing as Shield does in Smash 4.

The above is a good point, though. Even if it stayed the same as now, it would have worked especially well since Shield does buff his block. Ah well, I guess I just reminded myself it does offer some good protection I've never bothered trying. I always dodge those Bowser bombs and Shield Breakers even when I'm in Shield... I kinda wish shields breaking was a bigger deal now :p

Oh and I used HMarts in that tourney against everyone but Little Mac. Just throwing that out there

D-tilt doesn't hit up close though

but the f-smash.... I don't know. Maybe it's the taunt or maybe it's the f-smash

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Just wanted to pop in and say when Shulk was first shown I wasn't really interested but now that it's been some time I've gotten more eager to play him. Looks fun really fun. :) I guess I gotta try the Xenoblade series out now.
(Guess you could say...I'm really feeling it.. Im sorry...XD.)

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ew new people.
Omg I'm just kidding hellooooooo! :D

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Oh god that gaur remix, i need that soundtrack already.
When Metal Face gets broken you can hear mechanical rythm playing (most of it is blocked out by the damn voice though >_<). So just to clarify, this means the Gaur Plains remix is a part of the Xenoblade Medley.
-
(and others)
At least Monado Speed is right :)

Last edited:

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
So I'm a bit late on this topic, but I'm gonna reply to it anyway.

So, anyone want to watch the absolute worst playthrough of Xenoblade ever? Because I can deliver.

My favorite quote is: "He has an Australian accent."

Why isn't there a This is How You Don't Play Xenoblade yet? Someone needs to make that, like right now.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Yeah, i let it slide, but i did find it weird how Shulk's Signature Move(or at least, his strongest damage dealing art anyway) is reduced to a Buff in this game, but whatever. I remember thinking before the reveal that Shulk's Monado Buster would be his FS or something like that, although it technically still gets into the chain attack, since that finisher Shulk pulls off looks too much like Monado Buster to me TBH.'

Also...http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-wii-u-3ds-miiverse-daily-pic-october-27th.375239/
Apparently Sakurai thinks no one figured this out. XD I gotta say though, i personally prefer using the Fiora variant, Dunban and Riki's are runner ups.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Melia costume ftw

I still have not ran into any other Shulks in for glory

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm starting to get back to For Glory, though I tend to switch my characters around a lot.
I only stopped Smash Run cause I'm literally THREE Mii hats away from 100% and I just can't anymore. *headslams*
Even if you do run into my Shulk on FG ill probably lose I'm not very good.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I use Fiora the most, Melia and Sharla are also pretty common for me to use, but I use all the others except Riki and shirtless too.
About seeing other Shulk's on FG, I kept beating this guy the other day with Shulk and he switches to shirtless Shulk and doesn't use Monado Arts and then he Back Slashes to death and I'm just like...lol pls. I did meet another good Shulk player the other day though and it was really fun to do dittos with them. I guess we just don't see a lot of other Shulk's cuz he's harder to use and more technical than other characters that don't require too much thinking coughlittlemac
Actually, Shulk and Little Mac have more in common than I thought
:4littlemac:side b off edge everyday :4shulk:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I met a crap Shulk too. He was using Lucina and spamming rolls or something like that. Eventually I managed to kill him and I switched to Pac-Man and he switched to Shulk, never using MAs and spamming Back-Slash. People still think switching to the other persons main will help them? I feel like I encountered that scenario waaaay too often in Brawl.

Top Bottom