• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
This thread is tons quieter tonight than yesterday. I just finished organizing the music of Xenoblade the Musical. Gonna have my first full listen tomorrow while I do some reading.

Meanwhile, fun Shulk is fun. I think I'm going to try and grind for Hyper Arts and Power Vision. Hyper Arts sounds like my jam.

It's Sunday today dude. Everyone's probably sleeping or something the whole day (Like what I do except I do that **** in class)

Or maybe it's because time zones and all (It's probably night for them, morning for us, evening for me)

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Nah, I'm just joking. I'm on the West Coast of the States so it's 2 AM right now. Sunday "morning." Usually people stay up Saturday night late into Sunday.

Do hyper arts mess with knockback (outside of Smash)

Nah, I'm just joking. I'm on the West Coast of the States so it's 2 AM right now. Sunday "morning." Usually people stay up Saturday night late into Sunday.

Do hyper arts mess with knockback (outside of Smash)
Hyper buster's knockback nerf makes me cringe a lot

But yeah, hyper arts have a noticeable effect on knockback.... Except jump.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Wait. Hyper Arts mess with everything. Faster speed art makes... more combos possibly.

It's like a whole different character.

Is the knockback so low it's unsafe?

Last edited:
Wait. Hyper Arts mess with everything. Faster speed art makes... more combos possibly.

It's like a whole different character.

Is the knockback so low it's unsafe?
Hyper buster is unsafe on hit :|

Idk when it becomes safe. Been quite a while since I used customs in a tourney

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
That's really unfortunate........

I'm gonna use it anyway. Because it sounds too good. We'll see how it goes. I'm surprised how much I've taken a liking to Shulk. He's a lot more fun to play than I expected.

I haven't... actually... been to a local tourney. :( (Soon... hopefully)

Edit: Ugh, RNG pls. I have all of Shulk's customs now except the 2 art customs.

Edit 2: Yes. Hyper Arts. Time to test.

... just saw Shulk's final smash for the first time and saw Riki.... >.>

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
HUUGE SPOILER.
Riki slept with Fiora while Shulk was away and Shulk let him die on purpose. But then realized how much of a terrible person he was to just let him die even though he kind of deserved it

ABORT. RIKI DIED AN HONORABLE DEATH.
... just saw Shulk's final smash for the first time and saw Riki.... >.>
"Riki! Don't mess up!" :laugh:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Shulk in ONE word: Duct Tape

Which is two words.

Nice job guys

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I think you missed a good opportunity honestly. I was pretty sure that you would've used this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tcvgEYpM-o

I mean, cause the thread was silent because it was "abandoned" and "no one was around" to make it seem lively....*cough*likeagniratha*cough*.
Hmm but the thread name itself is Colony 6 and it was silent.

And the name of the track is Colony 6 [Silence]...

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Hmm but the thread name itself is Colony 6 and it was silent.

And the name of the track is Colony 6 [Silence]...
But
Agniratha is silent because of how there's no people there, and there was no people on this Colony 6 thread which caused it to be "silent".

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
But
Agniratha is silent because of how there's no people there, and there was no people on this Colony 6 thread which caused it to be "silent".
I already do know that but I posted my instant reaction.

Colony 6 thread is silent, post message of the music Colony 6: Silence.

And when this music plays, there are hardly any people in Colony 6. Just the few refugees who came back. Like the few people talking in the thread.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I already do know that but I posted my instant reaction.

Colony 6 thread is silent, post message of the music Colony 6: Silence.

And when this music plays, there are hardly any people in Colony 6. Just the few refugees who came back. Like the few people talking in the thread.
Ok ok, fair enough. I still prefer Agniratha for this situation though. : 3

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
... I was just in an online tournament, and I seriously thought about switching to Shulk against a very good Link main and a Pit/ROB player.

Kinda wish I had done it... even though I've only played the character for like... 2 days. I feel like the Link MU is somewhat even with Mega struggling to play the up close game and Link benefitting from rage more and converting on his bombs better than Mega converts off of metal blades. And then ROB can give Mega all types of trouble.

In any case, I LOVE HYPER ARTS. Hyper buster makes some moves unsafe on hit, but then you just... don't use them. Like dtilt is unsafe, but ftilt is (I think) and so is jab combo (which does 20% hfs). And then smash kills Mario somewhat close to the edge of the stage at like... 60% with either backthrow or dthrow. And Hyper Speed is just OP.

D

Deleted member

I just had a strange moment in For Glory.

I was up against a Samus and I was using Shulk. Her Charge Shot was fully charged or close to fully charged (I forgot, I need to look at the replay). I was in Speed mode and I was using a bair against her, she threw out the Charge Shot and, to my surprise, Shulk's bair cancelled her Charge Shot and killed her. I think that the Monado and it's beam in conjunction cancelled it out... but damn. That fascinated me.

I only used hyper buster with grabbing and n-air/f-air sometimes. Other than that, waaay too unsafe. When it's safe, it's already better to go smash art at that point because it kills at hilarious percentages.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yeah, I tested it with computers (hoping to play some Shulk tonight with people who like customs) and I used hyper buster very sparingly. Although utilt juggling like Mario is hilarious when each hit does 13%. And it comes so close to breaking shields with 2 hits of Dsmash.

When I first tried to use smash, I couldn't believe it. The power. Even NAir sends them far enough off stage to switch into Jump and edge guard.

I think hyper shield might be interesting, but I couldn't figure out how to use it well enough in the limited time of late last night.

Yeah, I tested it with computers (hoping to play some Shulk tonight with people who like customs) and I used hyper buster very sparingly. Although utilt juggling like Mario is hilarious when each hit does 13%. And it comes so close to breaking shields with 2 hits of Dsmash.

When I first tried to use smash, I couldn't believe it. The power. Even NAir sends them far enough off stage to switch into Jump and edge guard.

I think hyper shield might be interesting, but I couldn't figure out how to use it well enough in the limited time of late last night.
I remembered hyper shield shielding Bowser's flame thrower, I didn't notice Shulk's shield deteriorating quickly. It's as if nothing's happening. LOL

The mobility nerfs are insane though

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
... I was just in an online tournament, and I seriously thought about switching to Shulk against a very good Link main and a Pit/ROB player.

Kinda wish I had done it... even though I've only played the character for like... 2 days. I feel like the Link MU is somewhat even with Mega struggling to play the up close game and Link benefitting from rage more and converting on his bombs better than Mega converts off of metal blades. And then ROB can give Mega all types of trouble.

In any case, I LOVE HYPER ARTS. Hyper buster makes some moves unsafe on hit, but then you just... don't use them. Like dtilt is unsafe, but ftilt is (I think) and so is jab combo (which does 20% hfs). And then smash kills Mario somewhat close to the edge of the stage at like... 60% with either backthrow or dthrow. And Hyper Speed is just OP.
Yeah, i think Shulk does well against Link. A month ago i fought a great Link called "El Huracan" (The Hurricane), and my Shulk allowed me to take him down, albeit it was super close. Sure, Link has projectiles, but given his speed (or lack their of), and Shulk's increased mobility via Artes, he can close the gap incredibly quick and take him out. Our matches were intense, and we friended each other.

As for ROB...I'll be honest, i have a hard time dealing with him all around, even with Shulk. He's the bane of my existence in this game, i hate dealing with him more than Yoshi and Diddy. -__-

Still dont have hyper or decisive artes for Shulk. I should try to get them sometime.

I just had a strange moment in For Glory.

I was up against a Samus and I was using Shulk. Her Charge Shot was fully charged or close to fully charged (I forgot, I need to look at the replay). I was in Speed mode and I was using a bair against her, she threw out the Charge Shot and, to my surprise, Shulk's bair cancelled her Charge Shot and killed her. I think that the Monado and it's beam in conjunction cancelled it out... but damn. That fascinated me.
Lol, the Monado's power is so strong that it can take out a charge shot. XD

ROB is a mechon. Easy ****. JK. Haven't fought a good ROB yet because no one cares about the character in my scene (He doesn't sound difficult but who knows?)

Link is definitely favorable for Shulk. My training buddy is a Link so... yeah. I can answer some questions

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
ROB is a mechon. Easy ****. JK. Haven't fought a good ROB yet because no one cares about the character in my scene (He doesn't sound difficult but who knows?)

Link is definitely favorable for Shulk. My training buddy is a Link so... yeah. I can answer some questions
Ive fought some really good ROBs, his Nair is pretty safe/good for batting away aggressive players, the top is annoying, you can't even grab it without getting hit 99% of the time, Laser can be thrown out randomly and catch you offguard, recovery is ridiculously good, Side special can reflect projectiles and take you off guard, plus has ALOT of hits (same goes for D-Smash). Aerials come out late and are really freaking powerful minus Uair, which is also annoying with its multi-hits and KO power.

All around, he feels just a hard character to get at and attack/take down. Ironically, he's a robot, and the Monado should have even greater efficiency taking down a Mechon like him. : P

I don't know if its just me having a hard time dealing with the char., or if the char. is just difficult to deal with in general, but i just can't stand ROB. Even decent/ok players give me a hard time. @_@

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117

Also, definitely will try to play against you later tonight with customs, although i might not be on until like 10 PM or so Pacific Time. But since tomorrow's a holiday, no prob. staying up to midnight.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yeah, I think the Link MU is favorable for Shulk. I just didn't feel confident in my Shulk considering I picked him up so recently. I could've gone Sheik but I wasn't really feeling it and I'm sure he knew the MU better than I did. Samus vs Link is ehh... I honestly just have a really hard time edge guarding Link as Mega unless I'm already deep off stage with him. Not really sure why, but I almost let him recover for free.

Edit: I have a feeling I'll start to learn the Link MU pretty well soon, because the guy I played lives nearby and goes to local smash fests I've been thinking of attending.

I have a good ROB friend online who is super tricky with the gyro stuff. The long-mid range game between ROB and Mega is really really fun. The problem is that he doesn't have the Wii U version and we haven't played in a really long time. :/ The MU has some fun quirks to it, being ROB likes to FH NAir and Mega likes to SH UAir as anti-air. But ROB feels much harder to punish up close than most characters. Dsmash comes out quick, and the end lag isn't very much. I feel like I should've beaten him because I made a couple good reads, but didn't punish nearly as hard as I should have (seeing myself grab instead of utilt makes me sad every time I review my matches).

Last edited:
Ive fought some really good ROBs, his Nair is pretty safe/good for batting away aggressive players, the top is annoying, you can't even grab it without getting hit 99% of the time, Laser can be thrown out randomly and catch you offguard, recovery is ridiculously good, Side special can reflect projectiles and take you off guard, plus has ALOT of hits (same goes for D-Smash). Aerials come out late and are really freaking powerful minus Uair, which is also annoying with its multi-hits and KO power.

All around, he feels just a hard character to get at and attack/take down. Ironically, he's a robot, and the Monado should have even greater efficiency taking down a Mechon like him. : P

I don't know if its just me having a hard time dealing with the char., or if the char. is just difficult to deal with in general, but i just can't stand ROB. Even decent/ok players give me a hard time. @_@
ROB hunting time for me it is

It's gonna be difficult though :|

Also, I'll let you pass with that double post :3

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Yeah, I think the Link MU is favorable for Shulk. I just didn't feel confident in my Shulk considering I picked him up so recently. I could've gone Sheik but I wasn't really feeling it and I'm sure he knew the MU better than I did. Samus vs Link is ehh... I honestly just have a really hard time edge guarding Link as Mega unless I'm already deep off stage with him. Not really sure why, but I almost let him recover for free.

Edit: I have a feeling I'll start to learn the Link MU pretty well soon, because the guy I played lives nearby and goes to local smash fests I've been thinking of attending.

I have a good ROB friend online who is super tricky with the gyro stuff. The long-mid range game between ROB and Mega is really really fun. The problem is that he doesn't have the Wii U version and we haven't played in a really long time. :/ The MU has some fun quirks to it, being ROB likes to FH NAir and Mega likes to SH UAir as anti-air. But ROB feels much harder to punish up close than most characters. Dsmash comes out quick, and the end lag isn't very much. I feel like I should've beaten him because I made a couple good reads, but didn't punish nearly as hard as I should have (seeing myself grab instead of utilt makes me sad every time I review my matches).
#Iseewhatudidthere:3

I've fought alot of Links with my friends before (LOZ popularity is perfect for finding Link players easily TBH), so i know the MU decently well. Although, i don't really play Link much, i play TL more often.

ROB hunting time for me it is

It's gonna be difficult though :|

Also, I'll let you pass with that double post :3
Thanks, i appreciate it. Good luck with ROB hunting. : P

@ spiderfreak1011 spiderfreak1011

"Despite his rank in the roster?"

Bruh. Please eggsplain (Kinda vague on the definition so whatever I'll say will depend on what you mean by rank. My bad for the semantics) :4yoshi:

Last edited:

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458

What are you doing playing Shulk :O.
Our air maneuverability :{ is exploitable wasn't it :O

Grass is greener eh? Sooner or later you all pick up the Monado. Zanza demands it.

Last edited:
He learned the art of short hopping (w/Shulk) and not moving too much in mid-air

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
What are you doing playing Shulk :O.
Our air maneuverability :{ is exploitable wasn't it :O

Grass is greener eh? Sooner or later you all pick up the Monado. Zanza demands it.
XD
Oh, it is. Outside of Speed. However, in Speed Shulk is awesome.

Top Bottom