• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

D

Deleted member

On the subject of previous Xeno games, I really need to purchase the Xenogears series at some point. . .
CORRECTION: Xenogears was originally intended to be a six-part series, but the higher ups at Square rejected the idea, resulting in it being just a one-off IP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
On the topic of the Xeno family of games, have you guys noticed just how big the Yuki Kajiura influence is on the Xenoblade soundtrack? Specially on the tracks by Manami Kiyota (Satorl Marshland at night, Reminiscene, Eryth Sea, Mystery, etc...).

For the record, Yuki Kajiura was the main composer for the music in Xenosaga II and III, apart from a myriad of other animes, some good and some bad. Of course, this is not a complaint. I think Xenoblade's soundtrack is one of the best I've gotten my digital hands on.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
CORRECTION: Xenogears was originally intended to be a six-part series, but the higher ups at Square rejected the idea, resulting in it being just a one-off IP.
:link:
It was a typo on my end, as I have beaten the game (I was still thinking about Xenosaga whilst typing that out), but. . . I suppose you're right nonetheless.

More importantly, I finally had decided to take the time to go back to Xenoblade Chronicles today, as I still had an "unfinished battle" left to overcome. I can now claim that I have defeated the Avalanche Abaasy, and in turn, I've now defeated all of the super-bosses in XC. I suppose that I will now exile the game until its re-release on the New 3DS sometime next year before I once again take to the experience, and then later on (presumably) Xenoblade Chronicles X!

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Xenosaga was meant to be 6 games as well, but poor sales led to 4,5, and 6 being cancelled and to 3 being the mess that it became.

Nintendo is such a GREAT partner for Monolithsoft due to their strict quality guidelines and thier willingness to give game developers the time they need to finish games. Xenoblade > Xenogear and Xenosaga just because it actually feels like a complete and polished game.

Fun fact about Xenogear: it began as a concept for Final Fantasy 7 and was then retooled into a Chrono Trigger sequel before it became it's own thing.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Xenosaga was meant to be 6 games as well, but poor sales led to 4,5, and 6 being cancelled and to 3 being the mess that it became.

Nintendo is such a GREAT partner for Monolithsoft due to their strict quality guidelines and thier willingness to give game developers the time they need to finish games. Xenoblade > Xenogear and Xenosaga just because it actually feels like a complete and polished game.

Fun fact about Xenogear: it began as a concept for Final Fantasy 7 and was then retooled into a Chrono Trigger sequel before it became it's own thing.
Nintendo is exactly what Monolith Soft needed. Enough resources to fund their ambitions combined with enough sense to tell them when they're taking it too far.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
:link:
It was a typo on my end, as I have beaten the game (I was still thinking about Xenosaga whilst typing that out), but. . . I suppose you're right nonetheless.

More importantly, I finally had decided to take the time to go back to Xenoblade Chronicles today, as I still had an "unfinished battle" left to overcome. I can now claim that I have defeated the Avalanche Abaasy, and in turn, I've now defeated all of the super-bosses in XC. I suppose that I will now exile the game until its re-release on the New 3DS sometime next year before I once again take to the experience, and then later on (presumably) Xenoblade Chronicles X!
Congratulations! That's a pretty big feat, to beat him. On the subject of Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles X, which one do you think will be released first? I remember reading that X is going to be released outside of Japan in 2015, no season given. But Xenoblade 3DS might get released first, if the New 3DS comes out, since it's a port.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Congratulations! That's a pretty big feat, to beat him. On the subject of Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles X, which one do you think will be released first? I remember reading that X is going to be released outside of Japan in 2015, no season given. But Xenoblade 3DS might get released first, if the New 3DS comes out, since it's a port.
From a marketing standpoint, it'd make sense to release Xenoblade 3DS first to hype up XCX, and if it were released after XCX it'd be overshadowed. However, Nintendo makes some weird decisions sometimes so it's still up in the air ;;

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
From a marketing standpoint, it'd make sense to release Xenoblade 3DS first to hype up XCX, and if it were released after XCX it'd be overshadowed. However, Nintendo makes some weird decisions sometimes so it's still up in the air ;;
So I see you like Zinnia?
So you will probably agree that the delta episode was made out of the stuff earthbound, chronotrigger and other legendary good rpgs were crafted?

Man. That ending was... amazing, and plot twisting.

Edit:
Also, I'm currently on an weegee hype, shulk ist getting since the patch a little lesser plays, and I guess I dropped Robin because I couldn't help but be bored with her after the long time...

Last edited:
Edit:
Also, I'm currently on an weegee hype, shulk ist getting since the patch a little lesser plays, and I guess I dropped Robin because I couldn't help but be bored with her after the long time...
Wait what hype train? Is it because Boss won Xanadu?

Ironically, I dropped Robin at my first run then I came back and enjoyed using her. Turns out I've been focusing too much on spamming thunders and levin swords. Being more disciplined with Robin helps a lot. Nosferatu is really good btw

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm still not motivated by Luigi, I have always use Shulk and will continue to do so, and Robin is a worthless fool.

Also I hate how everyone is so fickle and are constantly changing their mind.

D

Deleted member

Luigi is my eternal main and that isn't going to change, Shulk is my second main for this game, and Robin is more of a secondary to me. (I'm still trying out how to really play as Greninja)

I think I have my mind set on my mains.

I'm still not motivated by Luigi, I have always use Shulk and will continue to do so, and Robin is a worthless fool.

Robin's fun and really good imo. Takes time to get used to but he's really good. He also has great representation at the moment which is encouraging. Them levin aerials and d-smash

I'm not that convinced either by Luigi. I really don't know what the hype is about. What am I missing?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

Well, I tried now every character on the wiiU version (europe had to wait a little longer, don't forget!), and Weegee was always a part of my mains. I just love that little fella. He's far too much fun to use, even if his green missle is 90% of the time unused.
And yeah. He's fun, that's pretty much "my" hype, not really wanted to say everyone hypes him now.

The thing about robin is, either she's really freaking cool to use, when the opponent is far under my level of skill, or I just roll around/dodge/zone and charge up since my enemy knows his stuff. And yes. Yes her nosferatu is really good.

And to shulk: I'm still loving shulk, playing him, but I guess I have to take a break from constant nair-ing and thinking with monado arts... weegee is a nice change of paste, as is megaman. But oh well.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So, I found this:

NOW IT'S SHARLA TIME!
I'm sorry, but this was too funny not to share :laugh:

Also, I did a crazy edgeguard with Shulk earlier today... bair from ledge > opponent survives > bair again > read airdodge > dair, I did all this without Monado Jump too, so I guess Shulk apparently has the offstage game of Jigglypuff now. :4dedede:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Jesus, screw the lag and delay in For Glory.
Agreed. In my opinion it makes it harder to face faster characters who can easily rush into your zone and pressure you like C. Falcon. I was doing some Shulk dittos in For Glory just an hour ago and was really beating the guy so he went to C. Falcon. All of a sudden it's really tough. The thing is, the key to beating Falcon is you need to Dtilt or use some other similar means to deal with his approaches. This is hard to time with the bits of lag you get from online play. I self destructed in the first match (playing on 3ds) and won the second match (but it was tough). After the second match my heart was racing.

Oh yeah, but I think I may have sort of kick started a Smash 4 scene in my area with just a Facebook post I made on the Wisconsin Smash Bros Facebook group. Them lagless Smash 4 battles aren't that far in the future for me =]. I just have to look passed my introvertedness which is telling me not to go to things. It says "No Eric! Stay at home!" but when I look at it rationally I don't need to hold conversations or anything.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Agreed. In my opinion it makes it harder to face faster characters who can easily rush into your zone and pressure you like C. Falcon. I was doing some Shulk dittos in For Glory just an hour ago and was really beating the guy so he went to C. Falcon. All of a sudden it's really tough. The thing is, the key to beating Falcon is you need to Dtilt or use some other similar means to deal with his approaches. This is hard to time with the bits of lag you get from online play. I self destructed in the first match (playing on 3ds) and won the second match (but it was tough). After the second match my heart was racing.

Oh yeah, but I think I may have sort of kick started a Smash 4 scene in my area with just a Facebook post I made on the Wisconsin Smash Bros Facebook group. Them lagless Smash 4 battles aren't that far in the future for me =]. I just have to look passed my introvertedness which is telling me not to go to things. It says "No Eric! Stay at home!" but when I look at it rationally I don't need to hold conversations or anything.
Hahaha, awww. Well I'd play more locally but a lot of my friends (and myself) are busy a lot of the time, so FG or random online friends are my only solution. On top of that, Mexican internet providers aren't super great tbh.

But yeah, I noticed I have a lot of problems with certain things that I just know I'd be able to pull off if it wasn't for delay and lag. Today I got killed by a Ness's super obvious PKT2 when delay kept me from using Vision on time. Also on PKFlash. Also Charizard's Up-B. Also shielding after a dash. Really it's ridiculous how much more noobish the game becomes on FG.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
So, I found this:

NOW IT'S SHARLA TIME!
I'm sorry, but this was too funny not to share :laugh:

Also, I did a crazy edgeguard with Shulk earlier today... bair from ledge > opponent survives > bair again > read airdodge > dair, I did all this without Monado Jump too, so I guess Shulk apparently has the offstage game of Jigglypuff now. :4dedede:
Yeah, it's crazy, his range and air attacks are great for edge guarding.

His Spike is great too, i've managed to win a good fewm atches by pulling it off. Just gotta time the second hit right, which is the one that spikes, and boom, done. I'm decent at spacing, so i've pulled it off alot. Shulk's the only char. i've been able to consistently meteor with though, haven't done it with Marth or Pit yet.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
That sickening feeling when Jerm/nightmare are having a shulk ditto at the come up at York....
And I'm stuck at Yorks library because my exams tomorrow -_-.

Hope I can get through my material to scope in person Q_Q

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Which is funny since you can barely jump in Xenoblade. =P

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
I went to my first tournament yesterday, about 30-40(?) entrants and I took 10th place using Shulk! That Shulk 101 guide was quite a large factor, I must admit. I live in the UK, so our Smash scene is still maturing, but it was an absolute blast to play against people my level and beyond (and not in laggy, omega-only For Glory).

And, um, according to my friend who was watching me play from a distance, one of the entrants I beat is a Project M pro in my region and he supposedly said he's "never playing Smash 4 again" after losing to a greenhorn like me :p I feel a little bad, but that's not a great attitude to have.

A Ness and a Bowser completely wiped the floor with me later on, though, which caused me to stop at 10th place. A shame, too, since I was hoping to re-enact the Shulk reveal trailer x) I also beat some characters considered high-tier like Rosaluma and Sheik, which I was quite proud of considering I was wearing a Shulk shirt so people could tell who I was gonna pick beforehand.

Anyway, to sum it up, I've really been missing out in not going to tournaments. Everyone's so friendly and approachable!

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I went to my first tournament yesterday, about 30-40(?) entrants and I took 10th place using Shulk! That Shulk 101 guide was quite a large factor, I must admit. I live in the UK, so our Smash scene is still maturing, but it was an absolute blast to play against people my level and beyond (and not in laggy, omega-only For Glory).

And, um, according to my friend who was watching me play from a distance, one of the entrants I beat is a Project M pro in my region and he supposedly said he's "never playing Smash 4 again" after losing to a greenhorn like me :p I feel a little bad, but that's not a great attitude to have.

A Ness and a Bowser completely wiped the floor with me later on, though, which caused me to stop at 10th place. A shame, too, since I was hoping to re-enact the Shulk reveal trailer x) I also beat some characters considered high-tier like Rosaluma and Sheik, which I was quite proud of considering I was wearing a Shulk shirt so people could tell who I was gonna pick beforehand.

Anyway, to sum it up, I've really been missing out in not going to tournaments. Everyone's so friendly and approachable!
Dang, that sounds great! Wish i could go to one sometime.

And yeah, Ness's and Bowser's are hard to fight. Alot of Ness's will just overuse grab and Thunder, aswell as that annoying Dthrow into Fair 3 times combo. And Bowser's so fast and strong that it's ridiculous. It's tough to say which one is harder to combat though.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
While on the subject of Ness, I only have one thing to say. I'm not sure if anyone's brought this up yet, but if he uses PK Flash, counter that thing!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Ummmm... You got the bottom right square upside down. :p
!!! I didn't even realize, I'll be fixing that now, thanks.
Edit: Here it is how it should be, edited my original post as well:

I feel pretty silly not noticing Shulk's leg was upside down and not even connected to his body :laugh:

Last edited:

Zephil

Smash Ace
I just finished playing for glory for an hour with a japanese shulk main.

Without a doubt shulk has the best dittos in the history of smash.

"He is using Speed, I should use Jump"

"He is using Smash, I will use Speed so I can outspeed him"

"Oh sh*t he is going for Buster, f*ck it! Double Buster YOLO fight!"

Sooo fun!

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Hello, Kamikazu! :D

S.F, that's a beautiful poster~ Tell your dad he's awesome for printing it out for you!

Aggyyu: Congrats!! Placing 10th is pretty good for your first tourney! :)

As for Ness's PK Flash, I tried countering once in FG and lag ****ed me up so bad :'D.

Do we have any data on how much knockback Vision adds? Cause we do have that x1.3 figure, but I dunno if that's for damage or what. I'm just asking because I've noticed Vision is a disgustingly strong counter, hahaha. The other day I killed Ike at 40% by countering his F-smash from the center of Gaur Plains omega, and I'm pretty sure I was using Speed and not Smash...

Hello, Kamikazu! :D

S.F, that's a beautiful poster~ Tell your dad he's awesome for printing it out for you!

Aggyyu: Congrats!! Placing 10th is pretty good for your first tourney! :)

As for Ness's PK Flash, I tried countering once in FG and lag ****ed me up so bad :'D.

Do we have any data on how much knockback Vision adds? Cause we do have that x1.3 figure, but I dunno if that's for damage or what. I'm just asking because I've noticed Vision is a disgustingly strong counter, hahaha. The other day I killed Ike at 40% by countering his F-smash from the center of Gaur Plains omega, and I'm pretty sure I was using Speed and not Smash...
Vision does not multiply knockback. It has base knockback

Damage affects the knockback. Arts affect the knockback. Damage is multiplied by x1.3 which affects the knockback formula

Top Bottom