• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
^Congratulations! You better really feel it!

Also, I haven't found Backslash to be thaaaat bad, it's certainly helped me get around a couple of edgeguards that aim low towards the edge expecting me to crawl up or use the ledge attack.

Edit: Just found out this is apparently WFT's screen for winning classic mode

??? SHULK X MALE WFT CONFIRMED with a yaoi fangirl staring at them
This is my new favorite thing ever. I SHIP IT.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I just looked up how much that is in US dollars and wow... that's crazy. I guess people will do anything for Smash :awesome:
Have fun REALLY FEELING IT with better controls and graphics~ (plus amazing Xenoblade music of course)

Edit: Just found out this is apparently WFT's screen for winning classic mode

??? SHULK X MALE WFT CONFIRMED with a yaoi fangirl staring at them
I love how many random pics there are shipping Shulk with people. Like that scene in his victory video with Zelda fanning him on the beach. And the pic you get when you do the challenge of completing All Star in under 6 minutes as Shulk where Peach, Zelda, and Palutena are all fawning over him.

Monado Boy is the launcher of a thousand ships.

D

Deleted member

Started getting more ballsy and not using Shield at 100% always. Seems to be working out.

Extra KB turns into early gimps?
Also Lucario.
Yeah I'm gonna try it out but I need to get some sleep

So I'll input my misery opinion tomorrow. Let's hope we don't get another thread asking how to use Monado arts (No offense to the OP's but FAQ and metagame thread are a good place to look at first)

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
You know, i've gotta say, Shulk all around seems like a character who can take on a good portion of the roster and do well against them thanks to his range and Artes allowing for specilization to needs against the match-up unless you come across a projectile user who's really good at keeping you away (makes it seem like just HAVING his Monado Artes lets him change the outcome of the fight, hehe).

The only times i've ever actually faced a Shulk online were conveniently whenever i was using Shulk myself, except when i fought one of my friends yesterday, and my Robin got beaten by him (albeit, it was pretty close though). I was just curious, do any of you guys have any suggestions for fighting and dealing with a Shulk online? Like i said before, i haven't fought him aside from yesterday unless i was using my Shulk.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I haven't faced any good Shulks yet :(. I only get terrible Macs and campy Links, Samuses and Robins. God I suck so much at getting around camping oTL

Any tips for that?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
You know, i've gotta say, Shulk all around seems like a character who can take on a good portion of the roster and do well against them thanks to his range and Artes allowing for specilization to needs against the match-up unless you come across a projectile user who's really good at keeping you away (makes it seem like just HAVING his Monado Artes lets him change the outcome of the fight, hehe).

The only times i've ever actually faced a Shulk online were conveniently whenever i was using Shulk myself, except when i fought one of my friends yesterday, and my Robin got beaten by him (albeit, it was pretty close though). I was just curious, do any of you guys have any suggestions for fighting and dealing with a Shulk online? Like i said before, i haven't fought him aside from yesterday unless i was using my Shulk.
He can do everything you can while you play Shulk, so be aware of that. Watch out for the nair of death that you'll inevitably be comboed with, and of course be careful when you're at high percents off stage and they activate Jump, or just be careful in general at high percents, especially if Smash is activated. If you're using Robin, use his Arcfire to stop the nair approach and make the Shulk feel he can't approach you at all #arcsfired Oh and also, if he activates Shield at high percents, try and force him off stage as he becomes Little Mac with his recovery basically :troll:

I haven't faced any good Shulks yet :(. I only get terrible Macs and campy Links, Samuses and Robins. God I suck so much at getting around camping oTL

Any tips for that?
Use Jump to get over their projectiles, and then retreat back a bit so they can't hit you but you're still too close for them to use projectiles, and then switch to whichever art you feel is best for the situation. Or, you can go super saiyan Monado Speed and run while shielding their projectiles. Be careful approaching Robin like this though, as he/she can throw an Arcfire in your tracks to stop you. Empty jumping as an apprroach is also a good strategy to get around camping, making your opponent wonder whether you'll attack or not. MINDGAMEEEEES

I'm back. I didn't get that much out of Smash other than being able to get out of some combos earlier and being able to d-air gimp just ONCE. I gave up since I couldn't find anything

I tried going DBuster 100% full run and I noticed I was killing with DBuster activated. I was like, wtf.... Then I saw the peak percentage of my foe was at 175%. Lol

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I was playing 8 player Smash a few days back. Has anyone else realize how satisfying it is to kill someone using a hammer with the vision counter? I've done it maybe ten times now and it hasn't lost its appeal

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Any tips for that?
Aerial attacks can cancel out weak projectiles, which works in tandem with the neutral aerial attack being very safe. To close the gap, use Jump and Speed. Just remember about the specifics of the match up and the weaknesses, for example using Jump isn't as useful against Mega Man but it's helpful against Link.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking for a list with the exact stat changes from monado arts (has to be 1.0.4 obviously), someone here has to have that, right? :)

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
No I meant that as "what are the exact effects of all of the (default) monado arts as of 1.0.4"

In that one stickied monado thread it still says "jump: weight change: ?" among other things that it's missing that I'd like to know.

/edit: Also, does vision's active window decrease the more you use it? No idea anymore where I got that from.

Last edited:
No I meant that as "what are the exact effects of all of the (default) monado arts as of 1.0.4"

In that one stickied monado thread it still says "jump: weight change: ?" among other things that it's missing that I'd like to know.

/edit: Also, does vision's active window decrease the more you use it? No idea anymore where I got that from.
Oh. They're all the same as before

-Jump gives a jump height boost and aerial speed boost. It decreases weight by an unkown amount and increases damage received by 22%
-Speed makes you the 4th fastest in the game but it decreases your jump height by a certain amount and decreases damage dealt by 20%
- Shield reduces damage received by 33%, while drastically decreasing air speed and ground speed. It also decreases damage dealt by 30%
- Buster increases damage dealt by 40%. However, knockback is reduced and you take 13% more damage
- Smash increases your KB on all attacks and throws by a certain percentage. However, weight is decreased by 12.5 and your damage dealt is decreased by 50%

Jump's weight decrease currently is unknown
Vision's active window decreases the more you us it (But it refreshes after a unknown amount of time)

There are some missing things. We're waiting on @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer for that but he's really busy atm

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if there are spoilers for Xenoblade in the Wii U version? I want to finish the game and not worry about spoiling myself.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone know if there are spoilers for Xenoblade in the Wii U version? I want to finish the game and not worry about spoiling myself.
There are spoilers in regards to the trophies. They don't explicitly give spoilers bar one character.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Eee~
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the official Smash Bros Facebook page has been putting up cute little character cards for each of the fighters, and they just gave us Shulk's!

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398

Eee~
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the official Smash Bros Facebook page has been putting up cute little character cards for each of the fighters, and they just gave us Shulk's!
Oh yeah I've seen those. I liked Fox's the best so far.

D

Deleted member

Eee~
The caption is "Are you feeling it?"
You bet I am, Nintendo! I guess you can say that... I'm really feeling it!

Oh yeah I've seen those. I liked Fox's the best so far.
Wasn't Fox's "Are you ready to fight on Final Destination with no items?"

I liked Roy's.
Roy's our boy!

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I was playing 8 player Smash a few days back. Has anyone else realize how satisfying it is to kill someone using a hammer with the vision counter? I've done it maybe ten times now and it hasn't lost its appeal
To me, Countering a hammer is just as satisfying as countering a Falcon Punch or any of Ganon's attacks(mostly Smash attacks and Warlock Punch). Meaning, it's beautiful IMO.

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet

Eee~
Quite a few professional comedians commenting "no"... I think they need to schedule some private Shulk Time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

These memes do get grating after a while though.
The thing is with "I'm really feeling it" is a meme that I both love and hate.
I love it since it is pretty funny (at times) and I love Shulk's enthusiasm with the line.
I hate it since it gets pretty annoying after a while and people who haven't played Xenoblade will get the wrong perception of who Shulk really is.
...In that regard, I should hate it more than like it.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
The thing is with "I'm really feeling it" is a meme that I both love and hate.
I love it since it is pretty funny (at times) and I love Shulk's enthusiasm with the line.
I hate it since it gets pretty annoying after a while and people who haven't played Xenoblade will get the wrong perception of who Shulk really is.
...In that regard, I should hate it more than like it.
I must say, I agree with this 100%
Damn his "Now it's Shulk Time" taunt, imo it doesn't make him sound like the smart dude he really is, but then again Smash Bros. isn't exact with character portrayals ala Lucina, Mario, etc.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I must say, I agree with this 100%
Damn his "Now it's Shulk Time" taunt, imo it doesn't make him sound like the smart dude he really is, but then again Smash Bros. isn't exact with character portrayals ala Lucina, Mario, etc.
To be fair, he is smart, but he's also a total awkward dork, so "Now it's Shulk time!" actually seems in character to me.

Top Bottom