• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
OK... I need to ask...

What exactly is a "Psycho Launcher"?

I'm not that far in the game and was exploring the class options when I came across that. I can figure out the rest of the weapons (Photon Saber is probably an energy sword, such as a Light Saber or perhaps a 40K Power Sword), shield, sniper rifle (gimme, gimme, gimme I can put up with a Spear for the use of a Sniper Rifle any day, gimme, gimme gimme), it all checks out.

But "Psycho Launcher"?!?!?

What does it do? Launch a psychopath at the enemy?

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Came to the Shulk boards to read up on the character. I got Chronicles X for Christmas and have also continued on my 3DS playthrough. I'm not very far in either, only in the Ether Mine in Colony 6. That dungeon is a slog, holy moly.

Chronicles X is very complex, and I'm stuck, but it's been fun. Seems like this thread sees plenty of discussion of both games, so I thought I would make a post.

So, your max BLADE level is 10, right? I assume that means you cannot level up all 3 field skills all the way.
Also, how to you earn skill points? I'm still not sold on a class and have been jumping around, so I've been super cautious about leveling up Arts and Skills.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
OK... I need to ask...

What exactly is a "Psycho Launcher"?

I'm not that far in the game and was exploring the class options when I came across that. I can figure out the rest of the weapons (Photon Saber is probably an energy sword, such as a Light Saber or perhaps a 40K Power Sword), shield, sniper rifle (gimme, gimme, gimme I can put up with a Spear for the use of a Sniper Rifle any day, gimme, gimme gimme), it all checks out.

But "Psycho Launcher"?!?!?

What does it do? Launch a psychopath at the enemy?
If you've played Kid Icarus Uprising, they're a lot like Orbitars, two "turrets" floating above the character's shoulders. I suppose the "psycho" in the name derives from the psychic power telekinesis.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Stuck on Chapter 6's boss. Wow, that thing is stupid.

Are there any tricks to this?

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I'm really disliking the decision to name the Wii U game Xenoblade Chronicles X, since it's too close to Xenoblade Chronicles (3D). I have no Wii U, and people keep thinking I mean X when I talk about 3D. -_-

In any case, got to the bottom of Central Pit, and tried fighting Xord for the first time. Ehh... I need to level grind, and I took a trip back to Colony 9 to make some gems with all that Ether I've collected. Being tied in level with Xord (25) isn't good enough.
I always refer to Xenoblade Chronicles as Xenoblade, then XCX as 'X' or XCX. That's me, at least.
Xord had my sister stuck for a while. I think as long as you conserve your party gauge you'll be alright. Otherwise, go for an explore, do some quests and you'll be alright. I don't think this game has *too* many bosses that people get caught on, thankfully.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Just beat Xord tonight. Wow that was rough. Took a few tries, even at level 25. But it is finished.

I agree with the naming thing. Gonna just start calling them Xenoblade and X myself.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I don't think this game has *too* many bosses that people get caught on, thankfully.
You'll pay for your insolence.

Party members decide to chill in ether pools.

Great, now I'm going to have nightmares again tonight.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

Party members decide to chill in ether pools.

Great, now I'm going to have nightmares again tonight.
This is one of two that came to mind :D this one was pretty rough. Thankfully by that point I'd figured out the battle system so I bulked everyone out in Ether Def. and still spent most of the battle with one team member alive on red HP while the other guys happily stood in the ether pools. Revive, call them to me, only get halfway out before dying because of the boss' physical size.

The other one is one I'll call the FILTHY HALF-BREED! fight. If you bring Shulk, he can only ever deal 1HP damage to one of the bosses. If you don't bring him, he can't use Monado Purge to remove the Soul Read aura on the other boss and you need to rely on Melia's Mind Blast which can't be used half the time.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
The other one is one I'll call the FILTHY HALF-BREED! fight. If you bring Shulk, he can only ever deal 1HP damage to one of the bosses. If you don't bring him, he can't use Monado Purge to remove the Soul Read aura on the other boss and you need to rely on Melia's Mind Blast which can't be used half the time.
that one's actually not that bad, just use Shulk. The boss he can only deal 1HP to isn't actually that hard, it'll just take a lot more time.

I must be the only one who didn't really have a horrible time with YWPFYI. My party members rarely got pushed into the ether, actually. Plus I ran a team with substantial healing (Sharla, Riki, and Melia, who I run Summon Aqua on), so it wasn't that bad.

What was bad was trying to fight YWPFYI with Shulk/Dunban/Riki. shudders

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Found a Shulk video. Really well-made, we've been lacking in high-level Shulk videos for a while.

that one's actually not that bad, just use Shulk. The boss he can only deal 1HP to isn't actually that hard, it'll just take a lot more time.

I must be the only one who didn't really have a horrible time with YWPFYI. My party members rarely got pushed into the ether, actually. Plus I ran a team with substantial healing (Sharla, Riki, and Melia, who I run Summon Aqua on), so it wasn't that bad.

What was bad was trying to fight YWPFYI with Shulk/Dunban/Riki. shudders
I think using Dunban was a mistake for my first attempt. iirc Ether attack ignore evasion...

Anyway, Happy New Year, people. Stay safe and all that. All the best for the year ahead!

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I didn't do to badly on that boss fight. I only really had to try once.
I pretty much just used Melia, Riki, and Seven for that boss fight.
I guess they're all really good for that fight.
Or maybe I was just over leveled (Although I don't remember my levels being much higher than level 77)

yaystrawberrypie

Smash Cadet
NNID
[MFiC]ySP
Friendly advice for Xenoblade X!

1. Jumping while sprinting actually makes you faster!

2. Once you reach level 30, buy the light skell with G Buster. It is a beautiful weapon that is guaranteed to maul everything in sight.

3. I suggest to start leaving the game on so the frontier nav can automatically farm revenue and miranuim for you when you are not playing the game

4. If you have a team of lvl 30 skells with g busters (2 should be fine), there's an easy way to power level to lvl 50 at fn site 322 or past jair fortress and you can usually 2 shot the lvl 56 enemies there.

5. If you guys haven't seen the video, there is an infinite way to get money if frontier nav and missions aren't fast enough.

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
So, your max BLADE level is 10, right? I assume that means you cannot level up all 3 field skills all the way.
Yes you can. The max level for the skills is 5. You can bring them all up to 4 through BLADE level, and after that there are special missions that raise the level to 5.

I'm at chapter 12 and the boss is ughhhh. I wanted to finish before 2016, but I guess that won't happen.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Friendly advice for Xenoblade X!

1. Jumping while sprinting actually makes you faster!

2. Once you reach level 30, buy the light skell with G Buster. It is a beautiful weapon that is guaranteed to maul everything in sight.

3. I suggest to start leaving the game on so the frontier nav can automatically farm revenue and miranuim for you when you are not playing the game

4. If you have a team of lvl 30 skells with g busters (2 should be fine), there's an easy way to power level to lvl 50 at fn site 322 or past jair fortress and you can usually 2 shot the lvl 56 enemies there.

5. If you guys haven't seen the video, there is an infinite way to get money if frontier nav and missions aren't fast enough.
I have a question actually. If I have upped every single company that sells me items... where should I spend my miranium? I can barely hold the 17k I produce every tick!
And infinite money video? I wouldn't abuse it, but I'd be really interested in it.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Her Soulvoice are pretty much almost only Skell supports. She's the best partner for skell combat.
Oh yea lol. Doesn't really matter much though if use the super skell, that one sucks for responding to soul voices. Her focus is mostly melee voices which suits my Verus skell. I do prefer balanced types as well though, a lot of the support voices boost TP by a decent amount. (Boze even has a direct +3000 TP support 0.0)

And to the people going on infinite money, what is even the use? I am sitting on 40 mil myself and it keeps piling up thanks to the research probe network I made pretty early on in the game. Don't even know where to spend it, since I use dropped weps and armour, and developing augments, skell weps and lvl 60 skells costs miranium.

Funnily the billionaire achievement which I thought would take ages to achieve, gets unlocked at 10 million credits.

Oh and Happy New Year to everyone here at Colony 6!

Last edited:

yaystrawberrypie

Smash Cadet
NNID
[MFiC]ySP
I have a question actually. If I have upped every single company that sells me items... where should I spend my miranium? I can barely hold the 17k I produce every tick!
And infinite money video? I wouldn't abuse it, but I'd be really interested in it.
Later in the game you'll need the miranuim to start crafting skells and armor! The strongest skell in the game requires 100k miranuim. The infinite money video is good if you haven't beaten the 12th chapter, cause afterwards there's a support mission that awards $300,000 and 30,000 miranuim. It's a pretty short quest and can be repeated!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Later in the game you'll need the miranuim to start crafting skells and armor! The strongest skell in the game requires 100k miranuim. The infinite money video is good if you haven't beaten the 12th chapter, cause afterwards there's a support mission that awards $300,000 and 30,000 miranuim. It's a pretty short quest and can be repeated!
That will definitely come in handy, gonna afford myself soon a 50 skell, and will then finally proceed in the story.
Good to know, that one can make the postgame a bit more relaxed with this quest.

Also, I really lack research probes. 50k is all I can get out of it for now, haven't explored the last continent and the flying sections tho.

... tfw you got more deposit probes, than research probe I's. *cries*

D

Deleted member

Is there a better way to increase the amount of Miranium that you can hold or how can I increase the amount I can hold more efficiently? I can only hold 12000 Miranium... that's a bit disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Is there a better way to increase the amount of Miranium that you can hold or how can I increase the amount I can hold more efficiently? I can only hold 12000 Miranium... that's a bit disappointing.
Storage Probes are the only way to increase the amount of Miranium you can hold, have you try linking them in a chain? A duplicator probes and Boosters probes can in the chain can also help too.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Storage probes. Plant 'em near duplicator probes which are in turn next to a booster probe, hence giving the duplicator ability of 2+ storage probes as well as a booster probes to boost the storage probes as well :D Atleast one of this 3 point junctions exist in each location. Preferably place the storage probes in crappy spots with horrible miranium and research output.

Duplicator probes are amazing use 'em efficiently. Taking 20 minutes to manage your probe network pays off heavily each tick. Too lazy to switch myself but I have a decent endgame setup anyway with 102k storage (needs all storage probes).

You get 'em as reward from Kirsty's quest chain, one storyline quest as well as 2 (I think) mechanical treasure zones in Cauldros and Sylvalum.

D

Deleted member

Storage Probes are the only way to increase the amount of Miranium you can hold, have you try linking them in a chain? A duplicator probes and Boosters probes can in the chain can also help too.
I haven't tried chaining those probes because they are so rare early game (and they are still kinda rare now).

Storage probes. Plant 'em near duplicator probes which are in turn next to a booster probe, hence giving the duplicator ability of 2+ storage probes as well as a booster probes to boost the storage probes as well :D Atleast one of this 3 point junctions exist in each location. Preferably place the storage probes in crappy spots with horrible miranium and research output.

Duplicator probes are amazing use 'em efficiently. Taking 20 minutes to manage your probe network pays off heavily each tick. Too lazy to switch myself but I have a decent endgame setup anyway with 102k storage (needs all storage probes).

You get 'em as reward from Kirsty's quest chain, one storyline quest as well as 2 (I think) mechanical treasure zones in Cauldros and Sylvalum.
This is pretty helpful!
One thing that I'll admit is that I hate how if I plant a Probe and I want to change it, the previous one is lost forever I believe... which is not good for later quests.
So, do you know of any good areas that I could use some Storage Probes?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Probes are not lost if you replace them.

Today I:
- found out where to use my miranium and where to craft gems
- smashed the Tainted Sphinx
- got a Skell
- lost the Skell to the hole in Oblivia

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Is there a finite amount of probes in-game?
Considering there's a finite number of probe spots and all the means to get probes are finite (treasures, collectopedia)... probably.

Except the basic ones which are balanced and unlimited but can't stack. Don't be afraid to leave it like that if you can't think of a better probe to use at the moment.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Yeah, probs are definitely not lost if you replace them. (Thank goodness)
My Miranium around 23,000 something.
Just hit a 100 hours and I'm not even done with the main story yet.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Thank Meyneth they're not lost if replaced (I assumed they were), would be very harsh if that was the case. That's why I was worried about finite amounts.

I'm about 40 hours in and only just finished Ch. 5, about Lv. 25.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Thank Meyneth they're not lost if replaced (I assumed they were), would be very harsh if that was the case. That's why I was worried about finite amounts.

I'm about 40 hours in and only just finished Ch. 5, about Lv. 25.
You're higher leveled than me, and I've just finished chapter 6.

Wow.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That moment when you activate several Soul Voices in quick succession... it ALMOST feels like a Chain Attack.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
You're higher leveled than me, and I've just finished chapter 6.

Wow.
Been running around doing a lot of quests (recruited 4 optional guys) and exploring, mostly fighting everything I come across that I can actually take. I'm a little worried that I'll be overlevelled when it comes to the story missions, but I figure that difficulty will also come down to how well Elma and Lin are trained up. Outside of the main quests I'm not using them at all so off the top of my head they're maybe Lv. 22 or so.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
This is pretty helpful!
One thing that I'll admit is that I hate how if I plant a Probe and I want to change it, the previous one is lost forever I believe... which is not good for later quests.
So, do you know of any good areas that I could use some Storage Probes?
Well a personal favourite spot of mine is FN315 in Oblivia for a duplicator probe to boost fellow storage probes (the pink one in case you don't have one yet)

Here it is:
Screen Probes.jpg

It is A in production and revenue with 2 sightseeing spots. There are 2 crappy spots beside it for storage and booster probes i.e. FN316 and FN312. I added another storage spot at FN321.

Beside it also happens to be site FN318 with 2 sightseeing spots. Adding a research probe here also boosts it while giving revenue abilities to FN315 (I put Research G6 probes giving 4500 credits for each spot). Oh and a research chain from 318. This placement gives me a 18k storage space and a 40k revenue boost :D

Not my best storage spot but a great spot nonetheless.

My game's almost complete, just need to make a skell setup to beat the endgame superboss. Every other boss is a piece of cake. The combat balance is a bit skewed though with the lvl 70+ bosses killing the ground party super easily, but the skells annihilating the bosses as well (especially with the super weapons).

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Urgh... why do have 50 skells to cost that much...
Any way to farm money quickly? I deny myself to complete the storymode, before I don't have my 50 30 30 20 set-up.

Got even a super rare G-buster and a phoenix for my beautiful soon to be 50 skell...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Urgh... why do have 50 skells to cost that much...
Any way to farm money quickly? I deny myself to complete the storymode, before I don't have my 50 30 30 20 set-up.

Got even a super rare G-buster and a phoenix for my beautiful soon to be 50 skell...
You have a cool research mode setup? Like around 150k and above? Pretty easy from there if you just spend time doing some basic missions or side quests. And the quests give their own money. Maybe try selling a bit of your hoard? I never really had to grind for money or weapons to be honest. Admittedly I went for Verus first since atleast our main should have an uber skell.

I would recommend a G2 buster over G-Buster since the AoE is good for grinding later on mooks or just killing random monsters who decided to mess with your skell. Unless you want to solve things with ground gear.

Money farming doesn't become a total cinch (albeit redundant) until after the main story though.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
You have a cool research mode setup? Like around 150k and above? Pretty easy from there if you just spend time doing some basic missions or side quests. And the quests give their own money. Maybe try selling a bit of your hoard? I never really had to grind for money or weapons to be honest. Admittedly I went for Verus first since atleast our main should have an uber skell.

I would recommend a G2 buster over G-Buster since the AoE is good for grinding later on mooks or just killing random monsters who decided to mess with your skell. Unless you want to solve things with ground gear.

Money farming doesn't become a total cinch (albeit redundant) until after the main story though.
Currently only 75k, since I lack quite some research probes. But yeah, with what I have, I have my neat little set up, Oblivia is a wonderland for spots.

And I guess I just have to wait.

Edit: Well, just finally got my first tobias quest, I thing that will spice things up.

Second Edit: Okay. Wow. Got my 50 skell, reached research mechanik 5, and so on. No I can undisturbed finishing the mainstory, since no sidestory (currently: chapter 10) is avaiable for me.

... I am afraid that I'll feel empty postgame, but we'll see about that.

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Finally I got my skell! Took a bit to long because I did the bad mission for the 8th skell mission, so I restarted back to last save which was before I had 6 done. But, it was worth it, because my skell is doing friggin' 40K damage on the first hit when breaker blade + shield cloak and it crits. Most of the stuff I fight dies on the first hit because of that damage. Except on the first fight I had with my skell where I got 3 shot and lost my skell. Also kinda sad that I can't fly for a while. Oh well. Its still a powerhouse with speed to back it up.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I've noticed that with Shulk I tend to nair people into oblivion and it gets super predictable. I need to kick the habit.

Other than nairs and Speed dash-grabs, what are some alternative ways I can approach? I've been trying to bait shields then fast-fall grabbing, but nair is still what my instincts say to do.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I've noticed that with Shulk I tend to nair people into oblivion and it gets super predictable. I need to kick the habit.

Other than nairs and Speed dash-grabs, what are some alternative ways I can approach? I've been trying to bait shields then fast-fall grabbing, but nair is still what my instincts say to do.
Well, there's Speed pivot grabs, Speed walking, Jump tomahawk grab (or just tomahawk grabs in general if using nair a lot), any MALLC aerial (particularly Buster bair)...

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

Empty jumps, and wait for them to missplay? Let them approach, if possible, and abuse with good spacing your range.
Generally, MALLC is the solution for most of your problems, MALLC aerial into grab or even a shieldbreak if buster is chosen for MALLC.

Oh, and I finished the game. XcX is... well, the ending made me want to play the postgame now even more.
And I have never seen an ending that cries louder for "SEQUEL!" or "DLC!" Than this...

Top Bottom