• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

D

Deleted member

It might be, I don't know what the collective mindset of the fanbase is though. I think the reduction in probes is why we're consistently #LastPlaceBoyz. I would like to get some not-monetary rewards at some point, so I might switch later.
Why are the Harriers second to last place? Are they that bad or something? That is the division I joined...
Also, holy hell the Prospectors are the class to be.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
This may have been answered before, but... does anyone know where to find the new party members after chapter 3?

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Why are the Harriers second to last place? Are they that bad or something? That is the division I joined...
I'm Harriers, too. Idk why we suck.

Also the last thing we need is more Prospectors, everyone's a Prospector:sadsheep: If you need a salvage ticket, though, I understand.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm Harriers, too. Idk why we suck.

Also the last thing we need is more Prospectors, everyone's a Prospector:sadsheep: If you need a salvage ticket, though, I understand.
I dunno, the game kind of beats you over the head about how killing indigens for no reason is bad, they're just defending their turf etc. Kind of discourages the mentality you need for a first-strike soldier.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I started out as a Pathfinder (dead last boyz) then changed to Reclaimers. Seems to suit my play style.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Not sure. I might have to re-look at what earns each Division its points, I would've thought Harriers would be up there because everyone loves going and fighting things. I don't understand why Prospectors are so high, but I guess there's a lot of people going to join the winning team. There's no real reason not to. I'll stick with Pathfinders but may mix a bit if I want some decent rewards now and then.

This may have been answered before, but... does anyone know where to find the new party members after chapter 3?
Do you mean Irina, Gwin and Doug? If you check the map there will be segments with NEW, touch them and it'll say "_____ is usually found here."
Coming out of the Barracks, Irina is just off to the left, Gwin is down to the right near a staircase and Doug is down the elevator, through the Hangar and near some tents off to the left. Elma and Lin are in the Barracks. You can only have four in your party at a time, I falsely believed I could have four and then an extra four as backup when out in the field. Sadly not.

Monadom

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2621-3238-3491
Oh boy, another interesting thread that I should watch as a new user on the foru--

>199 pages

Oh. Okay.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Oh boy, another interesting thread that I should watch as a new user on the foru--

>199 pages

Oh. Okay.
Welcome to Smashboards! And just jump in, you'll be fine :p no point in trying to be caught up, this thread has been going since Shulk got announced.

Monadom

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2621-3238-3491
Ahahaha, thank you.

I feel like the black sheep here, seeing that I'm a hardcore Shulk main in Smash but I have never played Xenoblade (yet)

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Urgh... guys, I need urgent Xenoblade X help.
Where are the locations to put your probe in the area left from the hideout of the beast?

It would be the probe that connects point 107 with 112.

Next one would be the location of the probe on the right from northern rajpath.
By god, I honestly can't do much without those insanely hidden ones, since I kinda need a certain amount of revenue.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Prospectors are at the top because their division points are connected to FrontierNav, and once you learn how to optimize FrontierNav you can get insane amounts of Miranium without even doing anything. Just by passively letting their FrontierNav work, they get division points.

And since people see Prospectors are at the top (and getting those salvage tickets), they join and the Prospectors' lead continues to grow and grow until nobody else can hope to catch up, which leads to more people switching to Prospectors, etc. It's a vicious cycle resulting from the fact that some divisions have unfair advantages.

Curators: Division Points are boosted through obtaining collectibles and defeating Tyrants.
Harriers: Division Points are boosted through defeating enemies, especially Tyrants.
Interceptors: Division Points are boosted through defeating enemies and completing missions.
Mediators: Division Points are boosted through completing missions and training scouted BLADEs.
Outfitters: Division Points are boosted through leveling up Arms Manufacturers and earning R&D points.
Pathfinders: Division Points are boosted through planting Data Probes and discovering locations.
Prospectors: Division Points are boosted through mining Miranium and discovering locations.
Reclaimers: Division Points are boosted through retrieving White Whale wreckage and planting data probes.

Reclaimers and Pathfinders are obviously limited because locations, wreckage and data probes aren't unlimited, yet only Pathfinders are at the bottom. Harriers are second-last, presumably because most people don't go after Tyrants enough?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Neevermind. I found both places, just now. Well, atleast learning that one of them is unobtainable for now...
KimKarsmashian KimKarsmashian Yeah, pretty much. But Honestly, Curators and Prospectors have it the easiest.
I can see a huge shifting in divisions later on, when people got their insane amount of money, simply because of passives.

Almost a Helio-Paladin, for the nice 6% stat buff in skells. What were your first classes?
And generally, spend 1 hour in organizing all your probes, and you will -never- have problems with money/minerals again.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Neevermind. I found both places, just now. Well, atleast learning that one of them is unobtainable for now...
KimKarsmashian KimKarsmashian Yeah, pretty much. But Honestly, Curators and Prospectors have it the easiest.
I can see a huge shifting in divisions later on, when people got their insane amount of money, simply because of passives.

Almost a Helio-Paladin, for the nice 6% stat buff in skells. What were your first classes?
And generally, spend 1 hour in organizing all your probes, and you will -never- have problems with money/minerals again.
What's a good way of actually getting probes?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
What's a good way of actually getting probes?
My honest advice would be getting mechanic to 3 and install all probes and research all mechanic "treasure" you find while doing so.
They often reward probes, I even got a G10 type probe from that around level 14.

Also, don't forgett the collectapedia.

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so after playing Xeno X for a day, I've enjoyed it, but I have no idea where to go or what to do. I started Chapter 4 and after that I got SOOOOO lost on like everything. I need some questions answered, but its the internet and this is a game with a story that I don't want to be spoiled. So i'll ask the questions here where I can actually trust you guys to answer my questions without spoilers.
1. Where do I go/ What do I do? I've done nothing but run into creatures that are like 4 times my level. When I play a game I need to know what to do or else i'll have no fun trying to find out what to do. If it's like finding a way to beat a monster then it's different. If it's story progression then it's a problem.
2. What's the point of the divisions? I joined the interceptors and nothings changed other then that symbol by the map.
3. How do I change my target to a different piece of the body on an enemy?
4. What's the survey rate mean? My survey rate right now is 7.69% In Primordia.
5. How do I enter different countries/areas?
6. How do I do the squad missions? They look and sound really fun.
7. How do I turn Xeno X back online? I took a break from the game an it kicked me offline.
That's all of the questions that I have now that haven't seemed to of been answered yet. Like I was going to ask how do I get my 4th party member, but that was answered a posts ago.
Thanks in advance.
Edit: I mistakenly hit Post Reply twice when posting this. Can a Admin or Mod remove the second copy of this post please?

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so after playing Xeno X for a day, I've enjoyed it, but I have no idea where to go or what to do. I started Chapter 4 and after that I got SOOOOO lost on like everything. I need some questions answered, but its the internet and this is a game with a story that I don't want to be spoiled. So i'll ask the questions here where I can actually trust you guys to answer my questions without spoilers.
1. Where do I go/ What do I do? I've done nothing but run into creatures that are like 4 times my level. When I play a game I need to know what to do or else i'll have no fun trying to find out what to do. If it's like finding a way to beat a monster then it's different. If it's story progression then it's a problem.
2. What's the point of the divisions? I joined the interceptors and nothings changed other then that symbol by the map.
7. How do I turn Xeno X back online? I took a break from the game an it kicked me offline.
That's all of the questions that I have now that haven't seemed to of been answered yet. Like I was going to ask how do I get my 4th party member, but that was answered a posts ago.
Thanks in advance.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Got my copy yesterday. Game is overwhelming, but stupid fun. Spent an hour today just running around Primordia jumping up walls (God sprint-jumping is a blast. Who needs Skells? Then again you can't knock something you haven't tried...) and sneaking past (or running from...) monsters thrice my level. What a game.

Just found Tatsu. I picked Curator division (if you missed the above, I LOVE exploring this place) and I decided to try my hand at Enforcer. Fricken' laser beams man. Fun times.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Ahahaha, thank you.

I feel like the black sheep here, seeing that I'm a hardcore Shulk main in Smash but I have never played Xenoblade (yet)
I'm sure you know this, but... you should fix that :) I won't go and let the full extent of my fanboying show, but he's an excellent character. He's genuinely a nice guy, has some really good character development, the Monado has some really cool abilities (that work a little differently from Smash - Buster is an attack, for one) and seeing him deal with all these different problems is something I really enjoyed. Plus the rest of the cast is pretty cool, too! I only hope that his inclusion in Smash will make people want to check him out in Xenoblade, because it's probably the best game I've ever played.

Thanks in advance.
Edit: I mistakenly hit Post Reply twice when posting this. Can a Admin or Mod remove the second copy of this post please?
I'll answer what I can. I can't recommend reading the digital manual enough, because it's really comprehensive and should answer a lot of your questions. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm currently only in limbo between Ch. 4 and 5:
1) Where do I go/What do I do? - Have you finished Ch. 4? If you check your Missions in your menu, you can see what you have to do next. If you choose "Set as objective" the map will display an arrow directing you, and you can use Tatsu's Follow Ball to lead you to the destination. Ch4 is the mission I've just finished, and I believe you're set to meet Lao shortly before entering Noctilum and looking for the Lifehold.
2) What's the point of Divisions? - I think this primarily serves two functions; to improve upon the world-building in the story and for the online features. I think it's really damn cool that each BLADE member is playing their part to ensure humanity's continued existence in this harsh new frontier. As for the practical side with the online features, it does two things - gives you a buff, and earns points for that Division. The buffs depend on your Division and would have been described when selected. I've heard that this really only gives buffs to people in the same online Squad as you, so I want to read the manual and check later. For the Division points, in the BLADE Barracks there's a terminal that will show rewards. It's kind of like a competition - the Division that earns the highest points for the day is allowed to choose from a wider selection of prizes, down to Last Place which can only get a small sum of money.
3) How do I change my target to a different piece of the body on an enemy? - As far as I can see, you just have to rotate around them and click the R-Stick to lock onto it. Someone let me know if there's a nicer way, I know there's some hovering flower enemies with breakable parts on top that I can't see or seem to target easily.
4) What's the survey rate mean? - How many of the secrets in that region you've uncovered... roughly. Each hexagonal segment will have a task to complete - it won't tell you what it is until you install some probes nearby. Could be fighting a Tyrant, could be recovering a wreckage, that sort of stuff. You don't have to install a probe to complete it. I don't know what purpose this serves, other than for 100%ing things, but I know at least Ch. 3 (or 4?) was sealed off by a Survey Rate requirement.
5) How do I enter different countries/areas? - Continents? You just walk there. Easy as that. You might have to evade some high-levelled things on the way, as with [this entire game], but there's nothing stopping you. You've got a World Map so you should be able to see in roughly what direction each continent is.
6) How do I do the Squad Missions? - If you mean the ones you're automatically signed up for, you just look at the icons and go and kill the things listed. You'll get rewards for killing them and teammate kills all count towards the same scores. Read the manual on interfacing with this, and what the colours mean. If you mean the co-op, as far as I can see you take them from the BLADE Barracks (same terminal as the Division one, it's alone in a small room), but SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO ACCESS QUESTS THAT AREN'T FOR LV.60 ENDGAME THINGS!
7) How do I turn the game back online? - I don't know either. I don't think you can, which I feel is a bit of an oversight...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

7) How do I turn the game back online? - I don't know either. I don't think you can, which I feel is a bit of an oversight...
Actually, if you return to the title screen, the game will connect you online again.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
AlvisCPU AlvisCPU Yes, your division buffs only count for people, who are in your group, and sadly not for yourself.
Monado Master Monado Master I'd reccomend getting each probe done in each area you can access to. Beware, for some you need mechanik skill 2 or even 3.
Very few are obviously not accessable, since skells are needed to fly up there, like the one near the "hideout of the beast".

To access other continents... if you have chapter 4 already, you should have been in one. Even a... friendship/harmony? mission send you there, it's the rivaly with H.B. who is by the way a wonderful tank, with insane damage output potential.
I just got level 21, and finished up chapter 5, and now got more quests than ever... but atleast I got my probes sorted out.

A huge tip: Place your probes smartly. Seriosuly, I get 15000 revenue, and 12000 minerals without having explored too much of the newer continents. And a mission for the later skells requires you to gain 15000 revenue at one frontier nav... thingy.

Good luck, my fellow survivors!

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
6) How do I do the Squad Missions? - If you mean the ones you're automatically signed up for, you just look at the icons and go and kill the things listed. You'll get rewards for killing them and teammate kills all count towards the same scores.
Fun fact: that little squiggly S thing that shows up above some enemies mean they're targets for the squad missions. I didn't know this until I read about it online (like 50 hours into the game...).

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
AlvisCPU AlvisCPU Yes, your division buffs only count for people, who are in your group, and sadly not for yourself.
Monado Master Monado Master I'd reccomend getting each probe done in each area you can access to. Beware, for some you need mechanik skill 2 or even 3.
Very few are obviously not accessable, since skells are needed to fly up there, like the one near the "hideout of the beast".

To access other continents... if you have chapter 4 already, you should have been in one. Even a... friendship/harmony? mission send you there, it's the rivaly with H.B. who is by the way a wonderful tank, with insane damage output potential.
I just got level 21, and finished up chapter 5, and now got more quests than ever... but atleast I got my probes sorted out.

A huge tip: Place your probes smartly. Seriosuly, I get 15000 revenue, and 12000 minerals without having explored too much of the newer continents. And a mission for the later skells requires you to gain 15000 revenue at one frontier nav... thingy.

Good luck, my fellow survivors!
How do you place probes? I feel like this game doesn't tell you these things, and if they then don't do it good enough.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
M Monadom I can kinda share your feelings... Save for that I finally got Xenoblade on the 3DS for Christmas. I've loving every minute of it.

On that note, I'm now entering Colony 6 for the first time after running into Mysterious Face. For a machine, he makes for a compelling foe. Really like having Sharla on the team.
Also, I met JarJar Juju.

Yeah, so I met Juju. -_-

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I'm a Curator. I think in game it said I would get points by exploring and killing tyrants. Two of my favorite things, but I guess I got tricked.

Collecting stuff is fun too! Except there is too much stuff to collect. I have so many missions pending because I can't find where anything is. :(

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm a Curator. I think in game it said I would get points by exploring and killing tyrants. Two of my favorite things, but I guess I got tricked.

Collecting stuff is fun too! Except there is too much stuff to collect. I have so many missions pending because I can't find where anything is. :(
And now we understand why Prospectors are OP. They get bonus points just for picking up all those collectibles that you can't walk two steps without noticing. Plus the game encourages hoarding just in case there's a mission where you'll need them (at least the original gave you a heads-up for some...).

Protip: Don't accept gathering quests unless you've already acquired some of what it asks (though you can still cancel normal missions whenever). And if it's something from an indigen, use your monster encyclopedia in the index.

Now I have another question regarding probes... if you switch one out (excluding the basic one), does the original disappear?

Finally, I can't shake the Monster Hunter feel whenever I'm discovered, breaking appendages or accepting bounties.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
And now we understand why Prospectors are OP. They get bonus points just for picking up all those collectibles that you can't walk two steps without noticing. Plus the game encourages hoarding just in case there's a mission where you'll need them (at least the original gave you a heads-up for some...).

Protip: Don't accept gathering quests unless you've already acquired some of what it asks (though you can still cancel normal missions whenever). And if it's something from an indigen, use your monster encyclopedia in the index.

Now I have another question regarding probes... if you switch one out (excluding the basic one), does the original disappear?

Finally, I can't shake the Monster Hunter feel whenever I'm discovered, breaking appendages or accepting bounties.
No no no. Curators are the collectors of the two steps items.
Prospectors get points by mere being afk and getting miranium through probes.

How do you place probes? I feel like this game doesn't tell you these things, and if they then don't do it good enough.
The game had an entire sidequest based around teaching you how to do that. I think it was even after chapter 2.
You click your map on your wiiU Gamepad, press an probe you planted, and then there is the option to either fast travel, or change the probe. And some statistics which probe would be handy to have here (like grades S, A, B ... E, F)
I'd reccomend looking at a "survival guide" from Nintendo if you missed that sidequest, or have done it without thinking too much about it.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
I personally hate the Arms Tester missions more than the Gathering ones personally. I'm just too lazy to switch my class for a few minutes just to try out a weapon lol.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
When you find a Miranium deposit (a red column of light), step near enough and a prompt to press A will appear. Press A a bunch and bam, probe.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I personally hate the Arms Tester missions more than the Gathering ones personally. I'm just too lazy to switch my class for a few minutes just to try out a weapon lol.
You can give the weapons to your teammates too, tho.
Also, alexa is super awesome late game when you have a skell.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Hey guys

what food would Ryu have if he visited NLA

Tatsu Maki

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
AlvisCPU AlvisCPU & WindHero WindHero should have asked for an N3DS and a copy of Xeno. Chronicles... but that'd be overly expensive as a gift, ah well.
Except that I finally did get an N3DS a few months ago, so I was able to ask for Xeno for Christmas.

Really learning the value of using the command to lure enemies from a distance, I keep getting in trouble for accidentally walking into a crowd of 6 or more foes and having to run for my life.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
You can give the weapons to your teammates too, tho.
Also, alexa is super awesome late game when you have a skell.
Is she better with a skell or something? She does keep raving on about them but I didn't notice any difference in teammates' AIs in skell control. I was thinking of keeping her in my to-go party anyway though.

Finished the story a few days ago so just finishing up the final content. It was pretty easy for me to get the top skell though considering I already had most of the parts. Truly overpowered. One gun skell. Imagine a party full of them 0.0

Working on making my own custom OP skell though. Too bad the DLC skells aren't available at frame level 60 though.

Oh yea and Prospectors are truly broken. Do their points vary by amount of Miranium and Credits they get? I wonder how many points would I get per 15 minute tick with 68k Miranium and 186k Credits hmmm.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Actually, if you return to the title screen, the game will connect you online again.
I found out this today, actually! Good to know, still a bit of an inefficient way to do it from a design perspective.
As was said, Kirsty's Ch2 Mission tells you exactly what to do. I'd recommend reading the digital manual - and I don't mean to sound like a jerk by saying that, I say it because the manual's really comprehensive. Should hopefully cover the gaps for you. As a quick guide, once you've set up the probe (which you'll have to know how to do by now, surely!), use the GamePad to press a segment with a probe, you can change the probe type to serve a different purpose. These will periodically mine you different things depending on the probe type you've used.
Except that I finally did get an N3DS a few months ago, so I was able to ask for Xeno for Christmas.

Really learning the value of using the command to lure enemies from a distance, I keep getting in trouble for accidentally walking into a crowd of 6 or more foes and having to run for my life.
I'm going through the same, I'm in Ch5 and going Metal Gear Solid through enemies I can take and ones I can't. It's fun putting strategies like that in place. I had a laugh when Phog used Sky High to boot some poor Prone off the roof. Though my teammates then went and alerted a high-level Pugilith. Sky High is a hilarious Art, this game is great.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Anyone noticed how your decisions actually have weight behind it? I recently did...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea they even had an achievement called Executive Decison. A few quests give you decisions which have a lot of weight. Mostly one or many individuals' death. And like the previous Xenoblade, a few affinity changes.

Too bad the main story doesn't have more of the charm (and intriguing nature) as some of the side quests and affinity missons.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I'm really disliking the decision to name the Wii U game Xenoblade Chronicles X, since it's too close to Xenoblade Chronicles (3D). I have no Wii U, and people keep thinking I mean X when I talk about 3D. -_-

In any case, got to the bottom of Central Pit, and tried fighting Xord for the first time. Ehh... I need to level grind, and I took a trip back to Colony 9 to make some gems with all that Ether I've collected. Being tied in level with Xord (25) isn't good enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom