• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
...Wow that story was like, wtf.

Apparently the humans of the White Whale (Or the Moby ****, lol) built AN ENTIRE PRETEND CITY INSIDE THE FREAKING SPACE SHIP. Apparently it's that huge.

Second, that ending. WTF, is there seriously something like a Mafia organization among the people of the White Whale? THEY'RE IN FREAKING SPACE, THEY'RE THE LAST MEMBERS OF THEIR RACE WHO DON'T EVEN HAVE A HOME ANYMORE, AND THEY STILL HAVE S**T LIKE THIS GOING ON? Wow, that's dumb. XD

Also, LYN, RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE. DON'T GET SHOT.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
5 notifications... you like to quote me, don't you all?
Now I'm listening to the prologues again
with my superlux hd668B headphones. <----- Great headphones if you want high quality sound without paying for the brand. 45$. Audiophiles love these things for that reason (I'm not an audiophile, just a guy who makes sure to research before making a purchase)
Also, I am an audiophile. And I own those gentle little beautifuly crafted things, created by the gods of sound.
Custom One Pro from beyerdynamic. Listen to it once, and you can't go back. Hella expensive tho.

Last edited:
Holy **** Xenoblade X is so ****ing hype

I have to say this 999 times because it really is hype. Sorry not sorry

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
And the presentation is done. That was amazing!

Huge world, tons of monsters, gigantic enemies, Gun-ban :p, loads of NPCs, and wicked combat. Loved those limit break type attacks.

That Monster Hunter-esque armour and weapon system is going to take my playthrough hundreds of hours longer.

Plus music :)

This game is officially my next most hyped game of the year (I already bought my first hyped GoTY MH4U).

D

Deleted member

Monolith Soft seems to be the first Nintendo studio to be acknowledged of all the potential of the Wii U system.

I also ADORE how the main cast present the Directs of their own game.
Nice touch, especially for such a "serious" game like this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I loved that Mech on the end. It looked like an hybrid of Metal face & Yaldaboath
Yea. When that Mech came swooping down, I thought he was this game's version of Metal Face!

Monolith Soft seems to be the first Nintendo studio to be acknowledged of all the potential of the Wii U system.

I also ADORE how the main cast present the Directs of their own game.
Nice touch, especially for such a "serious" game like this one.
And they are doing a fabulous job at it. This might be the very BEST game in my opinion, to come out on Wii U. Plus I agree, the characters giving their own directs (mostly Lyn, Elma and Tatsu) was great :)

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I think this is a Pokemon, because it clearly knows Rock Wrecker :laugh:

I'm glad we had another "destruction" moment like we did in the last video with that thing on all fours. So funny.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

I'm glad we had another "destruction" moment like we did in the last video with that thing on all fours. So funny.
That thing btw could be as memetic as Immovable Gonzalez. Its a Lv 90 Unique Monster that catches people offguard, I say it keeps Terratorial Rothbart/Immovable Gonzalez legacy alive xD

D

Deleted member

That Direct was pretty good! I couldn't understand a word, but it was awesome!

That Mech at the end reminded me a lot of Metal Face. I guess we will soon find out about how the Mechs work in combat and more about the "Nature vs. Machine" story in this game.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This game continues to overwhelm me.
There's so many partners you can choose in this game, I hope there are hundreds you can choose from.
Xenoblade X feels like a step forward to the evolution of video gaming.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
This game continues to overwhelm me.
There's so many partners you can choose in this game, I hope there are hundreds you can choose from.
Xenoblade X feels like a step forward to the evolution of video gaming.
Although that is amazing, that is going to cause the "perfectionist" in me to go mad...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I've seen bits and pieces of the new Direct and X is looking pretty good. I want to wait until there is a decent English translation of it before I actually sit down and watch it, though. If someone tags me when that happens they'll be my new best friend.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Whoo. . . Okay, some of my thoughts and whatever on the presentation:

- Yup. . . I'm still really feeling Elma. She is waifu. ;w;
- You can use more characters than I had believed you'd be able to.
- They've clearly stepped up the armor game this time around. Ha.
- The creature who threw the rock really far for a surprise death. . . So cool.
- The combat, and some of the new features that accompany it, look really good.
- The Dolls and Aliens at the end with that little story bit had me wanting to see more story!

So yeah. . . I liked what I saw. It'll be pleasant to watch it a second time subbed once someone gets on that. This game is looking very great, and I agree @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 ; XC was an evolution in the Japanese RPG genre, and XCX looks like it is taking what its predecessor did, and pushing the limits yet again. Again, the only thing left for me really is a fleshed out story. . . As long as they accomplish that in-turn with everything else, this game is going to be really special.

Edit: Oh, and Dolls will be featured in the next presentation. Exciting!

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
People that like Elma over Lyn are dead to me.

#TeamLyn

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

That attack was almost literally 10x overkill. And also he reacts like he's actually been shot in the back.

Edit: So are the white pillars indicating incapacitated allies?

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
MALLC makes me want to learn how to play Shulk better. Shulk is a "for fun" character for me, and I'm honestly pretty terrible with him (I play him way too offensively for one thing) as anyone who has played me from this group can attest.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
"Do you like Loli's or what" xD
I wouldn't actually say she's Loli, lol. I can't wait to see what direction the English voice actor decides to take her actually. I'm really anxious to hear any of the game in English to be honest.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I wouldn't actually say she's Loli, lol. I can't wait to see what direction the English voice actor decides to take her actually. I'm really anxious to hear any of the game in English to be honest.
Well I get a Reyn vibe from her, she gets into alot of arguments with Tatsu...just like Reyn with Riki xD.

Although I'm not decided if I'm Team Elma or Team Lyn, Elma's moveset is basically Seven on steroids :p

Damn, I'm too slow at posting :|

Anyway, it's time to spread the MAtech jank around these forums. Seems like not enough players know about how useful this tech is

Last edited:
@ Artryuu Artryuu @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D

Yeeeeah. I decided to bail out and reply tomorrow after my tournament. I'm sure people WILL try running back against MALLC. My theory is, even if you try running, Shulk's immense range will still catch you but we'll see~

Need actual experience to see if "running back" really works almost most of the time or not so yeah.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Yeeeeah. I decided to bail out and reply tomorrow after my tournament. I'm sure people WILL try running back against MALLC. My theory is, even if you try running, Shulk's immense range will still catch you but we'll see~

Need actual experience to see if "running back" really works almost most of the time or not so yeah.
I'm really interested to see if my original post will mostly be ignored or if more knowledgeable posters will have something to say about it as the day goes on.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Would someone keep me informed if they find a high quality subbed version of the presentation?

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692

"Running back" doesn't really help, there's speed to catch up, plus shulk's range is ridiculous, you'll see ;).
Good luck at your tournament btw :D Shulk for top 3 <3.

Also, the best option for your opponent is perfectshielding not "running."

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Im really tempted on making an art tech guide... Gonna find all the info I can and throw it all together into one beautiful advanced Shulk tech vid :p Already have some beautiful MALLC stuff that I can use from the combo video as well, gonna be hype. Deff need to come around these parts more often!

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I woke up early to watch this but feel asleep again. Lame. At least someone translated it! (although this once again reminds me of the problem with subs - I feel like there's a lot of information that's being condensed for quick reading. I thought there was an issue with the subs sync at the beginning!)

- No playing as Tatsu? Interest in this game dropped 99%, will take money elsewhere. :troll:
- Am I crazy, or is there muffled rapping during the first three minutes? And ten minutes in too! Literally yesterday I saw an edit on Tumblr of Fiora's murder scene with the caption "muffled rap music plays in distance" (I've been trying to find it again but no luck) and started thinking putting hiphop on some cutscenes for the lulz but... I can't believe they beat me to the punch. Ready for the mixtape Straight Outta NLA.
- It sounds like Soul Voice will be the answer to the crazy team AI? The video wasn't very clear, but among other stuff, it sounds like you can choose an attack, kind of like with visions. A common critique of XC was that your team was stupid and fond of running into ether pools and using the wrong attacks, so maybe this will fix it somewhat.
- Glad to know incongruously sexy outfits are back. Can't wait for the option to seduce your way out of a battle. "Maybe we can settle this another way..."
-
yas.gif
at lady Metal Yaldobaoth and tiny snippet of plot and conflict.
- Cannot wait to fight in my own Face Doll.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
People that like Elma over Lyn are dead to me.

#TeamLyn
Team Lyn all the way! For the glorious waifu!
"Do you like Loli's or what" xD
Yes No. :happysheep:

Translated version.
Yeah, no. I saw their previous translated version and it was bad. I'm waiting for the much better translation like last time.

Anyway, thoughts on the untranslated version of the direct:
-And you get to be playable! and you get to be playable! Everyone gets to be playable!...Except Tatsu. No one liked Tatsu.
I liked Tatsu. :sadsheep:
Even though I'm mainly sticking to Lyn, those options man. Wow there are a lot of people to choose from. I do have to wonder if there is a limitation to them compared to the main ones we've been seeing.

-I really need to see the translated version because wow I'm so confused. 0_0

This is a very deep and complex system. So many things you can do in this game and customize. I have to experience how it all comes together.

-The music as always is amazing. Not sure if I'm entirely feeling all these vocal tracks, but they are still amazing songs.

-Seriously why isn't Tatsu playable?

-Lyn still best character.

-That ending though. Wow those villain designs are epic. I feel pumped just looking at them!

Top Bottom