• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Well, then you need to look at:
View attachment 23424 View attachment 23425
These don't look like the characters are in the same spot you know. Oh wait, that's because they aren't. Even in Melee and Brawl, characters have been confined to be in different places BEFORE ALL OF THEM ARE UNLOCKED!

Then take into consideration of the new upcoming roster, of which actually places the characters in separate parts. Maybe the characters might not be in the same place, for one of two reasons:

1) The roster is not fully unlocked, as indicated by how it's not square or rectangle like. In Melee and Brawl, the screen always has a rectangle selection. In the special case of Melee, both Random selects were on the bottom left and right, under where Falco and Young Link would be.

2) The roster in the upcoming game actually places clone characters away from the originals this time. Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina's placements are a high factor in the fact that the three would most likely be clones of the originals, i.e. Mario, Pit and Marth. Since Lucina is confirmed a clone, this gives this more credibility and more reason.

Of course, both of these are reasonable explanations to a rather pointless argument of which I say, Tom, you need to stop being a man who doesn't like the roster.
The fact I don't like the roster has nothing to do with the fact the leaked roster image looks like a crap Photoshop job. I see what you mean, but we are supposed to believe it's the full roster.
You didn't touch on what I've previously noted with yoshi being placed wrong and also the graphical errors with g&w, wario, and ganondorf.

Buttcheeks mcgee

Smash Apprentice
a
The fact I don't like the roster has nothing to do with the fact the leaked roster image looks like a crap Photoshop job. I see what you mean, but we are supposed to believe it's the full roster.
You didn't touch on what I've previously noted with yoshi being placed wrong and also the graphical errors with g&w, wario, and ganondorf.
wario's vest is too dark due to lighting issues so it looks like g&w's hand is going out of the frame and wario's eye is near his nose so ganon is that way too oh and yoshi should be placed with mario for esrb because there accounts have yoshi is in the mario universe

Last edited:

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
OHHHHHHHHH MY ****ING GOD PLEASE TELL ME METAL FACE IS AN AT/STAGE BOSS

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
I'm just going to acknowledge something completely irrelevant. Shulk is kind of a jerk.

I mean, Bowser stomp-waddles in, kind of minding his own business, and that's all good and fine. But then he sort of waits for his "Joins The Battle" screen, and gets a butterfly. So he thinks "Meh, okay. Maybe my agent just gave me the wrong stage to meet Jr. at." and starts to waddle-stomp away. Probably to get ice-cream or something. For his son.

"BACKSTRIKE!"

How rude.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
a

wario's vest is too dark due to lighting issues so it looks like g&w's hand is going out of the frame and wario's eye is near his nose so ganon is that way too
But why are they too dark? No one else is too dark. And still yoshi is separating "Mario" characters

EVF Kuzonoha

Smash Rookie
Sorry, that leak is fake. Some of the icons differ slightly from the actual leak. They are really good photoshops created by a guy named Freepdied on Youtube. Close but icons like Jigglypuff, Doctor Mario and G&W have slight differences from the first actual leak.

We just discussed this on the official Leak page if you'd like to take a look.
Thanks a lot, I didnt see the leak page.:shiro: haha

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I said that the leaker was able to get a hold of official art to make it, besides that red/pink color was an easy guess because it's the color of his sword and clothing.
Here lies the village idiot; denier of the leak.

You're right man, its not like the character moves were the same anything in the leak....

Or that supposed hand of gdubs that overlaps actually dorsnt if you follow his outlined body...

Or that this is a common occurrence in gaming near release dates.

Yes lets call the leak wrong because we dont like logical arguments; we use emotion as evidence.

Buttcheeks mcgee

Smash Apprentice

You're right man, its not like the character moves were the same anything in the leak....

Or that supposed hand of gdubs that overlaps actually dorsnt if you follow his outlined body...

Yes lets call the leak wrong because we dont like logical arguments; we use emotion as evidence.
hey no need to be mean we all have denied a leak every once in a while

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Well, the videos indicate that Ganondorf's portait and mugshot are the same in images and videos, so are Shulk and Bowser Jr.'s.

As well, if you noticed, Wario is cross-eyed, and his left shoulder is so dark, it looks like Mr. G & W's hands are going through the portrait.

Finally, Yoshi, like Wario, DK and Diddy, isn't a Mario character according to Smash Bros. as he is the sole representative of the Yoshi series in SSB.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509

Okay if im a denier then you and everyone arguing with me is gullible to believe such crappy Photoshop jobs.

i did mention lighting issues as the whole pic isnt lit well
Everyone else is easily viewed besides them.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Well, the videos indicate that Ganondorf's portait and mugshot are the same in images and videos, so are Shulk and Bowser Jr.'s.

As well, if you noticed, Wario is cross-eyed, and his left shoulder is so dark, it looks like Mr. G & W's hands are going through the portrait.

Finally, Yoshi, like Wario, DK and Diddy, isn't a Mario character according to Smash Bros. as he is the sole representative of the Yoshi series in SSB.
Yoshi was placed before Bowser jr and Rosalina in the picture. What I'm saying is, that the guy(or girl) who posted the select screen more than likely had those leaked images and placed them together on Photoshop.

Last edited:

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie
Wow what do you know, shulk's render in the leak WAS NOT AN EDITED VERSION OF LITTLE MAC. I only had to say it like 20 times, and now we have confirmation on it. Thank you, and goodnight.
leak4.jpg
main.png

TrevonMarrast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luigicheesecake
Hopefully my dream will come true and Shovel Knight will be confirmed!

Last edited:

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie
Okay if im a denier then you and everyone arguing with me is gullible to believe such crappy Photoshop jobs.
There is literally no possibility of that roster image being fake (although some information could be, though I don't think it is) now that Shulk is revealed. And that is NOT because of shulk himself, but because of Shulk's render. Shulk's render in all of his images that were in the leak are identicle to his confirmed official render, so yeah, checkmate.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Too many Swords!!! Marth, Link, Toon link, Lucina, Ike, Robin, Mii Sword Fighter, Meta Knight and now Shulk. I hate swords.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
SunnyChespin said:
There is literally no possibility of that roster image being fake (although some information could be, though I don't think it is) now that Shulk is revealed. And that is NOT because of shulk himself, but because of Shulk's render. Shulk's render in all of his images that were in the leak are identicle to his confirmed official render, so yeah, checkmate.
I have already said in previous posts that the leaker had access to the renders either from screenshots or some other way then made the full roster him or herself. And I never said shulk's render was an edited little mac

Last edited:

mithical1

Smash Rookie
NNID
mithrandir37
It looks like Shulk's counter attacks from the front if you are further away but goes through the enemy and attacks backwards from behind if you are close enough. Has any counter done something like that before?

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi was placed before Bowser jr and Rosalina in the picture. What I'm saying is, that the guy(or girl) who posted the select screen more than likely had those leaked images and placed them together on Photoshop.
Images were just uploaded to the official Japanese e-shop (when you go on the "more details" page on Smash 3DS). It looks to possibly be the starting roster.

Do you still believe it's a photoshop? Yoshi is still in the "wrong" position, yet this is an official picture.

Last edited:

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
YA THE LEAK IS REAL!!!
Can't say I'm happy about that. Honestly and I am probably going to get flamed for this, but who gives a flying flip about Dr.Mario. You bring Dr.Mario over Mewtwo, a character a lot of people like MORE, even if he wasn't the best character from a competitive stand point? Are you joking me right now, I call bullcrap lol, and I don't even play with Mewtwo I just think he's a cool character.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this was amazing!! Congrats to Shulk supporters! Guess the leak is real. Question, is he a third party character or is like Marth; a Nintendo character whose games are made by another company?

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Too many Swords!!! Marth, Link, Toon link, Lucina, Ike, Robin, Mii Sword Fighter, Meta Knight and now Shulk. I hate swords.
I am so sick of this argument. You DO know that most of the roster is characters that just use their fists for most of their normals right? Why aren't you complaining about "fist" characters? there's like 16 of them. All the sword characters barring clones play completely differently, so stop complaining that there's "too many" of them, when in reality, they're nowhere close to overtaking the roster. A roster, I might add, of almost 40 (officially confirmed) and 50+ if you count the leaked characters. Pretty sure there's plenty of variety for you here.

Last edited:

TrevonMarrast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luigicheesecake
Lol. mario, luigi, bowser, kirby, sheik, ganondorf, captain falcon, pacman, diddy kong, donkey kong, lucario, greninja, little mac and fox all use their arms and feet to fight. Are there to many of those characters as well?

Buttcheeks mcgee

Smash Apprentice
Can't say I'm happy about that. Honestly and I am probably going to get flamed for this, but who gives a flying flip about Dr.Mario. You bring Dr.Mario over Mewtwo, a character a lot of people like MORE, even if he wasn't the best character from a competitive stand point? Are you joking me right now, I call bullcrap lol, and I don't even play with Mewtwo I just think he's a cool character.
dont fret mewtwo is confirmed

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Why is no one talking about the awesome Club Nintendo promotion for this. A CD track for getting both the games. We get to hear all the cool music in the game for free on a CD.

Besides that though Shulk look pretty interesting as his counter seems unique in the sense that it's different both times he used it. I wonder is the Arts will change his counter.

Top Bottom