• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Can't say I'm happy about that. Honestly and I am probably going to get flamed for this, but who gives a flying flip about Dr.Mario. You bring Dr.Mario over Mewtwo, a character a lot of people like MORE, even if he wasn't the best character from a competitive stand point? Are you joking me right now, I call bullcrap lol, and I don't even play with Mewtwo I just think he's a cool character.
Well the leak also say that there are missing character in the shown roster and that one of them is most likely Mewtwo so lets wait and see before crying about missing characters

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Can't say I'm happy about that. Honestly and I am probably going to get flamed for this, but who gives a flying flip about Dr.Mario. You bring Dr.Mario over Mewtwo, a character a lot of people like MORE, even if he wasn't the best character from a competitive stand point? Are you joking me right now, I call bullcrap lol, and I don't even play with Mewtwo I just think he's a cool character.
People need to chill. There is still 5 slots left unconfirmed.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario is a clone; a very low effort creation compared to characters with full movesets such as Mewtwo or any newcomer. Sakurai basically said during Melee's development that the time it took to create 6 clones is still shorter than the time to create 1 new character.

Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina and other possible clones are last minute developments to further add to a roster. None of them were selected over a potential character because they were added so late in development.

It's still possible that the leaked character select screen still had more characters to be unlocked. One of the leakers has said that this is true.

Buttcheeks mcgee

Smash Apprentice
Images were just uploaded to the official Japanese e-shop (when you go on the "more details" page on Smash 3DS). It looks to possibly be the starting roster.

Do you still believe it's a photoshop? Yoshi is still in the "wrong" position, yet this is an official picture.
i think we found evidence the leak is real

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Images were just uploaded to the official Japanese e-shop (when you go on the "more details" page on Smash 3DS). It looks to possibly be the starting roster.

Do you still believe it's a photoshop? Yoshi is still in the "wrong" position, yet this is an official picture.
It's strange but if its on the official site I believe it. Thanks for posting this.

Last edited:

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
Well the leak also say that there are missing character in the shown roster and that one of them is most likely Mewtwo so lets wait and see before crying about missing characters
The majority of that leak I'm happy with lol, I just don't see the point in Dr.Mario or Dark Pit. Duck Hunt would be a VERY pleasant surprise that is for sure, and I think a lot of people wanted or expected Bowser Jr.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Why is no one talking about the awesome Club Nintendo promotion for this. A CD track for getting both the games. We get to hear all the cool music in the game for free on a CD.

Besides that though Shulk look pretty interesting as his counter seems unique in the sense that it's different both times he used it. I wonder is the Arts will change his counter.
Sadly it will most likely be Japan only like it usually is with club nintendo stuff.
Thats what they did with kid icarus uprising.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
No it is a fighting game. Fighters tend to be based on limbs not swords. Marth and them and go be in soul callibur. They will be top tier like link back in the day over there. Also you guys are far too serious lol. I was just speaking out of personal preference that i don't like sword characters very much. Not saying omg this game is stupid because of swords. Just sad there is not many new comers that got me hyped very much.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario is a clone; a very low effort creation compared to characters with full movesets such as Mewtwo or any newcomer. Sakurai basically said during Melee's development that the time it took to create 6 clones is still shorter than the time to create 1 new character.
They could have used that time to bring back Ice Climbers :crying:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I'm very glad he got in. He looks like a very interesting and unique character. Even though I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles (I will on the 3DS). I'm still glad he got in. And now I'll admit, I was wrong about the ESRB leak. Shulk pretty much confirms it.

Mitochondria-Eve

Smash Rookie
I'm a little late to the party, but seeing Shulk in Smash Bros. is awesome. I was pretty much indifferent towards his inclusion (even after seeing footage of him from the recent leak), but that trailer had me sold. He looks great. I look forward to trying him out.

Also, congrats to all his supporters! Glad to see you guys finally got what you've wanted for so long.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
I haven't played xenoblade chronicles but I like how shulk looks. When I watched his trailer, I honestly wasn't expecting him to have an Australian accent.

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
I'm very glad he got in. He looks like a very interesting and unique character. Even though I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles (I will on the 3DS). I'm still glad he got in. And now I'll admit, I was wrong about the ESRB leak. Shulk pretty much confirms it.
Same for me! I love how he can use the Monato for different buffs! Also, isn't the 3ds version only for new 3ds?

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
I hope there's an option to change voices to Japanese--I always preferred Shulk's Japanese voice over his English one.

TheSmasherNamedArete

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-9602-1118

Why is Pac man and robin and Cpt Falcon starters?

Last edited:

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
shulk and fire embelem and co. are 2nd party which means realeses on nintendo but nintendo isnt developing nor publishing
Nintendo completely owns Monolith Soft.

We've gone over this in the shulk Support Thread (now the social thread) many times. We've even got the government documents up there.

And yes, Nintendo published Xenoblade chronicles, since they completely own Monolith Soft.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Monolith_Soft

Last edited:

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
Pants tighten.... I eagerly await Dark Pits trailer. SO F****** HYPED!!!!!!!!!
Umm spoiler alert, this is very likely the last trailer before the game comes out in Japan on the 13th unless there is a smash direct the day before release like there was for Hyrule Warriors.

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
Did anyone else feel bad when they saw the title of the video? "Looks like we don't have a choice." :(

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Same for me! I love how he can use the Monato for different buffs! Also, isn't the 3ds version only for new 3ds?
I don't know where people are getting the "Xenoblade port is only for new 3DS models" thought, video maybe? (I no speak Japanese) But that seems highly unlikely if it's for 3DS it's for 3DS

Also, how bout' them new 3DS models? sorry Pokemon X and Y model I may have to sacrifice you when these new ones come stateside

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
YOU.

CAN'T

CONTAIN

the HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPE

For those complaining about the leak confirmation, consider this: we have at least 45 OTHER UNIQUE CHARACTERS who all play distinctly from each other, most other fighting games with a roster of 50 or more just tend to have only clones from 5 characters. (I'm looking at you dragon ball Z :glare:)

Do the Math: 3/49.. THREE out of FOURTY NINE.
(6 if you include T-link Falco & Ganon but c'mon thats still a huge difference)

Plus name another game where you have Mario, Sonic, Pac-man & Megaman, plus appearances by Rayman, All in the same game?? Whatever argument you have claiming that this is a bad roster is Invalid.

Yeah I thought some things where bullcrap like Dr. Mario being chosen over Wolf, BUT I DONT CARE ANYMORE CUZ THIS IS STILL GONNA BE THE GREATEST ****ING GAME EVER & I NEVER EVEN PLAYED A XENOGAME!!!!

(PS: See Feminiy's, you got your fan service as well. You now have the right to shut the **** up ;) )

Last edited:

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
The leak busters got :pow:'ed.
*Including me...Who tried to bust up Dr Mario.*
:mad088:
Shulk wins. Fatality.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I only know who Shulk is because of the 2 leaks that pointed towards him and because of the amount of fans with him on their wishlist. I am very happy that tons of Smash fans got what they wanted today!

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I don't know of anyone pinned this out yet, but did you notice Shulk said Snake's catch phrase "Showtime"?

Top Bottom