• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Confirmed during the Japanese 3DS Direct was the long-awaited and highly speculated character Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles. Shulk appears to wield the Monado, a godly weapon with immense power and the ability to grant Shulk the power to control the future. The reveal trailer first appeared at the beginning of the Direct prompting instant excitement from viewers.

Also confirmed during the character reveal was Gaur Plains which will serve as the main stage for the Xenoblade Chronicles franchise. It is a massive and vast landscape that features plenty of creatures and mechons. At the end of the reveal trailer was a massive shadow which was hinted to be Metal Face, one of the main antagonists of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Shulk's artwork in action
The Super Smash Bros. website has updated with pictures and video with Shulk and Xenoblade content to please go on over to the main website here for further Shulk goodness!

For the English version of the trailer, please check out the following video:

In addition, Sakurai posted several images and comments on MiiVerse. The first comment was in correlation to the above posted image.

"Pic of the day. From Xenoblade Chronicles, Shulk joins the battle!! He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen. We're very happy with how he turned out. This stage is Gaur Plain."

Sakurai then posted an image and comment about Shulk's sword, the Monado...

"Shulk's sword, the Monado, slashes enemies with a beam when activated, so it can strike from long range. What really makes this weapon unique is that when the Monado Arts are activated, it can change Shulk's features and abilities! Emerge victorious in battle by changing your abilities strategically!!"

Finally, Sakurai uploaded a final image and comment concerning the Monado Arts:

"[List of Monado Arts]
翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense.
疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks.
盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement.
斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability.
撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching."

To discuss more about Shulk, visit his character sub-category!
http://smashboards.com/forums/shulk.495/

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
F%%%% LEAK REAL!?

Anyway, Yay Shulk!!!! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreenPho

Smash Rookie
If you continued watching the 3ds direct. Big N is releasing a new 3ds (one normal and one XL) with a c stick and extra shoulder triggers/buttons. Even ABXY are coloured like the SNES.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
The Legendary heropon Riki & Dunban as well!
This is far to much for me to handle! I cannot wait for this game!!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
THE POWER OF THE MONADO! DID YOU SEE IT?!

Yay for That's So Shulk and Riki Baxter!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Also, that trailer was pretty awesome. Both the CGI and gameplay portions. I haven't played Xenoblade, but Shulk looks cool.

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
No doubts, same artwork as the leak.

Btw, what a waste to reveal him during a Japanese only direct.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I'm crying, this is absolutely beautiful.
Now my hunger for newcomer reveals can rest easy until October 3rd.

Needs moar "REYN TIME" tho

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone have an idea what the ending was about? I'm not familiar with the franchise personally.

Top Bottom