• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V - February 22nd & 23rd, 2014 - Columbus, OH - MLG supported event

LOE1

Smash Lord
wait, so I need to bring an sd card in order to enter pm?
least that's what the pre reg site says :|

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
wait, so I need to bring an sd card in order to enter pm?
least that's what the pre reg site says :|
We mainly put that because we don't want to be short PM cards, therefore short PM setups. I'll change the wording in the pre-reg to 'should try' instead of 'must'.

Thanks for the input,
Derek

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Even if your Wii isn't hacked, it's still possible to run P:M on a unhacked Wii.

As long as you have an SD Card for it, you can do it. This Hackless method also applies to the Wii U.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Also, I'm in ESI guys so I know what's going on in general about this event. So far these past few days of what I've read has already been taken care of or in discussion even now. Yet, I am still seeing the same or similar posts that are being added. My input or claim may not even matter since I'm probably a nobody from the scene except for the states around Ohio. I know for sure that ESI is doing their best and working very hard for this event for everyone to enjoy. If there are concerns though keep posting. I'm also posting or adding my thoughts to the group to make sure issues are solved and future problems do not arise.
I even told Soulpech and Juushichi (TOs in general Columbus for Brawl and Project Melee) to come to take a tour of the venue and talk with the ESI members, Brett, Amar, and Derek, which they have done. Soulpech has already posted his thoughts. I'm sure they know how dedicated and serious ESI is for this tournament.

The only issue that I have is the bathroom right now. You guys WILL destroy it and north campus/dorms will smell like ****.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I know a few other's have asked this question, but what exactly does it mean when you say MLG is going to back this event? Does that mean they will handle the streaming? Does that mean they will post the tournament on their site, put their logo everywhere, and that's it?

Sundance was pretty clear how he viewed brawl in that 2011 podcast, I'm pessimistic about how much actual 'support' MLG would be willing to provide for our game.

EDIT: I guess the OP says that MLG is going to handle the stream, which is strange considering they wouldn't stream smash for their prior major MLG events without Nintendo approval. Are we sure we are gonna get streamed? Or will this be another incident of blocked stream 1 week prior to the tournament? (Confirming whether or not we have Nintendo approval would be great)

Last edited:

MrMLGAdam

MLG EVP
Hey there. We'll be officially promoting the event, helping with equipment, staff, and streaming.

Pending other things going on behind the scenes this event will also tie into future MLG events (if they happen...trying to get updates) among other ideas we're tossing around.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
I know a few other's have asked this question, but what exactly does it mean when you say MLG is going to back this event? Does that mean they will handle the streaming? Does that mean they will post the tournament on their site, put their logo everywhere, and that's it?

Sundance was pretty clear how he viewed brawl in that 2011 podcast, I'm pessimistic about how much actual 'support' MLG would be willing to provide for our game.

EDIT: I guess the OP says that MLG is going to handle the stream, which is strange considering they wouldn't stream smash for their prior major MLG events without Nintendo approval. Are we sure we are gonna get streamed? Or will this be another incident of blocked stream 1 week prior to the tournament? (Confirming whether or not we have Nintendo approval would be great)
Hey Sneaky!

I understand your apprehension. When you throw an event and deal with partners or sponsors, you have to be careful about telling too much and risk saying something will happen that ends up falling through. With that being said, I can assure you I am in close talks with MLG personally practically everyday (I try to not bug the crap out of them over the weekend...) and we have some really cool stuff planned for the event. Within the next week or two there will be some awesome announcements.

I know I know, announcements of announcements are the worst thing on earth but I can PROMISE you as soon as something is locked down there will be a post in this thread.

Amar

edit: Crap! Adam beat me to the chase :(

Last edited:

jerry121212

Smash Rookie
1-4: Already taken care of.

5: Noted and will be discussed next meeting. Thanks for the advice!

In order:

We are expecting about that or more. We are certainly preparing for more. But it definitely won't be small.

If it's your first tourney, you will probably not get far. There are special cases, but the first-timers or generally inexperienced are generally like 30% of entrants by my estimates. HOWEVER we are doing pools, so for you entry you are still going to be able to play ~5 full matches against other players, guaranteed - more if you make it into the bracket. Plus, people are always playing friendlies, money matches, and more. There are plenty of opportunities to play and have a good time. Even the pros are (generally) really nice and will give you pointers :)

Yes, you will still get the $5 off. Please bring a memory card with the save as well!

Thanks for your interest and hope to see you there!

Thanks, that helps a lot!

2-DJeff

Smash Master
will try to get the day off and a plane ticket to this. can i get ay housing if im able too? im a real nice guy and give great IC and multiple character practice

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
We're one month from the pre-registration deadline! (2/15)

If you haven't, please go pre-register here!

If you don't have a doubles partner yet, still sign up, just leave the partner space blank, and throw us an email when your partner has signed up.

We started sending out confirmation emails today to make sure you signed up for the intended brackets, and we have the correct data in our system. Please be checking your inboxes of the emails you signed up with for your confirmation.

JuicePouch

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuicePouch
I'm not participating, but I'm planning on bringing multiple art prints of Smash characters. It's pretty weird to sell art at a tournament, but is anybody interested in purchasing? I might do on-site commissions as well.

Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to Shuffle V :-D

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
It's true : 3 i made some cash last shuffle, since i had a convention the week before/needed some rent money. smash community is receptive to community art uwu <33333

D

Deleted member

Alright, I'll be coming to this and bringing a setup to be used for Project M (or Brawl if it is necessary). Really hyped for this tournament as I am finally getting back into the competitive scene. Looking to make a fresh start with P:M and wrecking y'all! :mewtwopm:

Edit: Also pre-reg'd under the name "CryoSomnus". Been using it as a gamer tag for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hmm. Well, I have never been to Ohio...

Also curious as to why this isnt stickied?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Requesting a sticky on this thread. Just one month away, MLG supported, and guarantee many top players will be in attendance!

Last edited:
Top Bottom