• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle & Cut Brawl Weeklies Brawl (Saturday) and Melee (Sunday) 10/25 cancelled*

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
It's not that. I just find it ridiculously unfair to take away all of 3rd place prize money just because there weren't enough entrants. It would've been more fair if they took a bit of each place instead.
theyve always done that though, no reason to boycott over it now just cause it affected you

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
LOL @ Sniper!

For those of you who weren't there, Sniper smashed his controller on the bathroom floor after losing to Futile both sets 3-0 at the grand finals. It was too good...

Sorry Sniper, I just had to say it.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
smashed as in broken? or just thrown. because the image of Sniper shattering his controller on the porcelain floor of a small venue bathroom is ****ing hilarious

sorry sniper!

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Actually, in the old thread started by me, I mentioned that prize money is subject to change based on turn-out. They should probably update this thread with that information too.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
wow, way to gossip Kouryuu, I thought you'd be more mature than that...if I were in David's position, I would've done the same thing, maybe not, I love my controller >_>

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
im pretty sure they've always had it top 2 if not enough people show up, because im pretty sure playing for first with a prize of $8 isn't worth it.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
okay okay, sorry about the complaints >_> I didn't realize Huber (tournament organizer that knew what to do) wasn't here today. My apologies ^_^'' To make things clear, I'm NOT going to boycott Shuffle and Cut, I guess I was just being a big baby today is all. lol

embracethe12

Smash Lord
i was going to go to this, but i went to agoura hills tourney instead. Wtf happened at shuffle and cut!? :o

The Game II

Smash Champion
Full results

Winner
Futile (6-1)

Second
Sniper

Third
Connor

Fourth
Epic

Fifth
Fly Amanita
Blitz

Seventh
Insomniak
Kouryu

Ninth
Dodger
Chad
Aries
Jupiter

13th
WTFJ
Ryan
Mknop
ThomaSexy

17th
DOTM

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
wow, 6-1 lol.

haze u werent there so u wouldnt know. i was there n it was run fine

and blitz, i know i wasn't there, but either way if a person feels the tournament was run poorly, or not at a high level, then they should deserve the *****ing they receive, especially if they are going to charge a venue fee.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
yep, venue fees = ridic gay. come on now, it's so cal, we are never desperate for tournies. so if a mediocre tourny is gonna run a venue fee, why bother.

Huber

Smash Apprentice
The whole idea about the venue fee is just so we can get the money we spend back. We know you guys could go somewhere else and pay no venue fee, but we go out and bought 4 tvs, 4 brawls, and 4 Wiis (yes we got the 4th), we need to get at least some of the money back. I like this community a lot so I am working to get things for you guys to make it worth it. Like pizza for instance. I'm working out a deal with a guy at Pizza Hut to see if I can get a ton of Pizza for these tournaments. I have been going to this store for ages since I was a kid. Even before I worked here this place has never made money. This place does not turn a profit. The people that run it simply love the place and just want to keep it open. All we ask is $3 per to try and pay for the huge investment we made in the Wiis/TVs. We are also looking into getting you guys much more room.

On the note of more room I have a question for all of you. You guys are the crowds I worry about the most on Saturday so what you guys wants is more important than our other tournaments so you guys get first dibs. How would you guys feel about having tournamets on Sundays instead of Saturdays. Again I'm asking you guys first you guys can have whichever day you want honestly.

SENG

Smash Journeyman
i might come to this since the aznforce tourney got pushed to next week . o and jus in IMO i don't think food is that big of a deal since theres so many places to eat near by, but the 4th set up and the idea of getting more room sounds awesome. The 3 dollar venue fee is reasonable, but can u guys not charge it again for doubles? 8 dollar singles and 6 dollar doubles is pretty expensive =/.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind going on Sundays, since there are rarely any Sunday tourneys. Then again, I don't compete.

By the way, videos from the tournament are posted. However, I tried three times to upload the Dodger vs. Futile match, and it would not go through. So no go for that one. =(

--GCII

killer tofu

Smash Lord
Sundays would work great. I'm all for it.

Also i was hoping that it might be possible, assuming you can do weekly tournamnets, to switch between melee tournaments and brawl tournaments every week.

Tehchase13

Smash Cadet
sundays sound good to me, although i've never been to these tournaments, and my opinion doesn't count. but i am going this weekend :D

Charoo

Smash Champion
keep this one on sat at least. There's already 2 sunday tourney. Usually there are brawl tourney on sat. but not this week =( Please don't change it to sunday also

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'll carpool with anyone who is driving there. I live near the LA area (Culver City) so if some one could take me that would be awesome!

Huber

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't change it to Sunday this short notice heh. Just wondering what you guys thought.

We might be able to do Melee on Sunday and Brawl on Saturday or vice versa. Let me know what you guys think so I can run it by my superiors.

Top Bottom