• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle & Cut Brawl Weeklies Brawl (Saturday) and Melee (Sunday) 10/25 cancelled*

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
We need more Melee! Hold some more Melee tourneys. The turnout for the Brawl tourney last time was so little that teams were not done.

And a good handful of players wanted to play Melee after anyway. So next time, hold some Melee tourneys.
Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee!!! :]

Huber

Smash Apprentice
I'll look into getting Melee going after Brawl maybe next time. We could do like a tri-athalon and have SSB64...eh, eh?

I think I might be alone on that one though :(

edit:

Sorry guys I'll update the first post. Yes it's at 1pm like usual.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Hey! Will everyone do doubles too?? It's not that turn-out was low, most people just chose to participate in singles only. Will more people please participate in doubles too??

replicate

Smash Lord
this biweekly was toooo good

Epic--I'll get you next time, you son of a *****!!! You're great
Connor--a raw dude
Fly Amanita--blew my mind with that IC chaingrab
DOPEL--you're a great guy, why didn't you enter singles? I wanted to fight you. . . u_u
David--that SD was brutal, hopefully we'll get more matches next time
DoTm--I've never had someone do the same moves on me so many times. good ****
THE psychomidget--a champ through and through, you're seriously too nice and good at this game
Alex, Justin, and all you guys--you're just a great group of people and really fun to hang out with

Overall, I had a great time today (and won 3rd!), everybody is great for going and making it a great experience.

Peace

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
this tournament was a lot of a fun, always great hanging out with smashers after the tournament and eating. I'm real tired right now and will probably give some shoutouts later.

steven needs to stop lurking

SENG

Smash Journeyman
this was alot of fun =D even tho i did pretty bad. it was great talking and hanging out with everyone and eating out after.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
this tournament was a lot of a fun, always great hanging out with smashers after the tournament and eating. I'm real tired right now and will probably give some shoutouts later.

steven needs to stop lurking
at least i don't order chili fries. who the hell orders chili fries?

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
We need more Melee! Hold some more Melee tourneys. The turnout for the Brawl tourney last time was so little that teams were not done.

And a good handful of players wanted to play Melee after anyway. So next time, hold some Melee tourneys.
Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee!!! :]

There were exactly 32 participants for this tournament, which means no byes.

Besides, all the major tournaments are going to be Brawl from now on; MLG, Evo, etc. and all the major East Coast vs West Coast rivalries are going to be Brawl from now on too so there's no point in holding Melee tournaments for comfort. The next big names are going to come from Brawl and we need these tournaments so our west coast stars can rise from the competition and prepare for the bigger things to come.

There was one tv with Melee but only like 4 people were playing on it so they had to turn it off to use that tv for Brawl. 4 people isn't exactly what I would call a "good handful of players."

Huber

Smash Apprentice
We would have no problem doing Melee though again if some people want to do it maybe on another day.

I am not at Shuffle and Cut right now but when I go down there later I will post all results.

Cool tournament guys hope to see you next time.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
There were exactly 32 participants for this tournament, which means no byes.

Besides, all the major tournaments are going to be Brawl from now on; MLG, Evo, etc. and all the major East Coast vs West Coast rivalries are going to be Brawl from now on too so there's no point in holding Melee tournaments for comfort. The next big names are going to come from Brawl and we need these tournaments so our west coast stars can rise from the competition and prepare for the bigger things to come.

There was one tv with Melee but only like 4 people were playing on it so they had to turn it off to use that tv for Brawl. 4 people isn't exactly what I would call a "good handful of players."
lol thomas what are you talking about? You make it sound as if people will continue to play this ****y game, the only reason a lot of people are still playing it's because it's what the majority of the community is doing, once more and more people start going back to Melee then the sides will turn.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Lol? No one?
Meh...Im going to this. I like melee better but as Mike said...The majority of people are playing brawl...
So might as well do SOMETHING until people figure out melee is better.

Huber

Smash Apprentice
I came in to post results but someone closed Tio and didn't save, so sorry about that. I'll make sure that doesn't happen again. Results will be posted same-day.

And yes we will have a tournament on Saturday. They will pretty much be weeklies from now on.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I was going to go to Agoura Hills, but I believe that it's better for me to go to this tournament instead. So I'll be going here tomorrow.

This tournament will count to my ratings system; still debating about Agoura Hills.

--GCII

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
things are sorted out, I didn't realize that the actual tournament organizer that knew what he was doing wasn't there today.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Yea I believe they have always paid third in singles (teams, no), so I'm curious as to why they made the change now.

Although, today's tourney wasn't fully run by ... I forgot the guy's name.

--GCII

Top Bottom