• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
It's really nice to get all this new (old) info about Touhou's relationship with Nintendo, and I'm intrigued about those additional bigger plans if they're real.
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reason EoSD has yet to receive any port or re-release of any kind (even on Steam) the fact that the source code for the game was lost in a computer crash that also took PCB, IN and PoFD - which is part of why there's a distinction between old and "new" Windows Touhou games?
Well, I don't think that's the reason people see a divide between IN/PoFD and MoF, I'd say there's quite a few reasons it feels natural to group the early windows era together

But yes, I believe that's correct; I've definitely heard before that ZUN no longer has the source code for the early windows games. If they were to be ported/re-released you would need to use a version floating around on a cd or online (which I'm sure has associated issues in carrying out), or you'd have to remake it, either with a new game as a base or from the ground up (which iirc ZUN has said he doesn't want to do).

gavtel

Smash Cadet
the fact that the source code for the game was lost in a computer crash that also took PCB, IN and PoFD - which is part of why there's a distinction between old and "new" Windows Touhou games?
Actually, it wasn't him losing the files that caused Touhou 10 to be so different (if I remember correctly, MoF was among the games he lost the source code for). He explained why it's so different in Strange Creators of Outer World Volume 4, as part of an interview for the game's 10th anniversary: https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Stra...of_Faith/Mountain_of_Faith_Interview_with_ZUN

Basically he originally intended to end the series with Touhou 8 (during the making of 6) but because the fanbase grew larger with each new entry, he changed his mind and decided to start anew with Touhou 10. The japanese title, Fuujinroku, is apparently a nod to Touhou 2's title (Fuumaroku), since that was the first shooter entry.

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
So I was thinking, it might be fun to play a game based on the track list. Even if it's fake, I think 26 tracks seems like a plausible amount if Reimu gets in. So we could make our own track lists!

Only two rules:
1) like the tweet, you get 26 tracks to work with
2) just to be fair, at least one track from each mainline (wholenumber) game

Here's mine:
1. Civilization of Magic (HRtP)
2. Complete Darkness (SoEW)
3. Mystic Oriental Love Consultation (PoDD)
4. Strawberry Crisis (PoDD)
5. Bad Apple (LLS)
6. Legendary Illusion ~ Infinite Being (MS)
7. Beloved Tomboyish Girl (EoSD)
8. Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room (EoSD)
9. Septette for the Dead Princess (EoSD)
10. U. N. Owen was Her? (EoSD)
11. The Doll Maker of Bucuresti (PCB)
12. Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird ~ Till When? (PCB)
13. Necrofantasia (PCB)
14. Broken Moon (IaMP)
15. Love Colored Master Spark (IN)
16. Gensokyo Millennium ~ History of the Moon (IN)
17. Higan Retour ~ Riverside View (PoFV)
18. Native Faith (MoF)
19. Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion (SA)
20. Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind (UFO)
21. Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator (TD)
22. Primordial Beat ~ Pristine Beat (DCC)
23. Pierrot of the Star-Spangled Banner (LoLK)
24. The Concealed Seasons (HSiFS)
25. Unlocated Hell (WBaWC)
26. Entrusting this World to Idols ~ Idolatrize World (WBaWC)

Holy crap, that was difficult. There was so much I had to cut, 26 tracks isn't anywhere near enough...

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
So I was thinking, it might be fun to play a game based on the track list. Even if it's fake, I think 26 tracks seems like a plausible amount if Reimu gets in. So we could make our own track lists!

Only two rules:

Here's mine:
5. Bad Apple (LLS)
13. Necrofantasia (PCB)
14. Broken Moon (IaMP)
18. Native Faith (MoF)

Holy crap, that was difficult. There was so much I had to cut, 26 tracks isn't anywhere near enough...
This does seem fun. Here's my list:

1. Theme of Eastern Story (HRtP technically, was only in an OST but its motif is reused throughout the series)
2. Eternal Shrine Maiden (HRtP)
3. Love Colored-Magic (SoEW)
4. Strawberry Crisis!! (PoDD)
5. Bad Apple (LLS)
7. Voile, the Magic Library (EoSD)
8. Septette for the Dead Princess (EoSD)
9. U.N. Owen was her? (EoSD)
10. Phantom Ensemble (PCB)
11. Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of Sumizome (PCB)
12. Maiden's Capriccio ~ Dream Battle (IN)
13. Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon (IN)
14. Higan Retour ~ Riverside View (PoFV)
15. Faith is for the Transient People (MoF)
16. Native Faith (MoF)
17. The Ground's Color is Yellow (SWR)
18. Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion (SA)
19. Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind (UFO)
20. Unknown X ~ Unfound Adventure (UNL)
21. Legend of the Great Gods (TD)
22. Primordial Beat ~ Pristine Beat (DDC)
23. Bamboo Forest in Flames (ULiL)
24. The Clown of the Star-Spangled Banner (LoLK)
25. Concealed Four Seasons (HSiFS)

That really was hard... man, there's just too many tracks to pick from. I even missed games in here.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Track lists, Huh? Well, might as well join in.

First, the obligatory one song from each whole numbered game:

HRtP: Eternal Shrine Maiden (can't really not have it)
SoEW: Love Coloured Magic (obligatory Marisa theme)
PoDD: Mystic Oriental Love Consultation (obligatory Reimu theme)
LLS: Maiden's Cappricio (obligatory Raymoo theme 2)
MS: Maple Wise (complete bias on this one)
EoSD: Voile, the Magic Library (also kinda biased for this one too)
PCB: Necrofantasia (obligatory Yukari theme)
IN: Retribution for the Eternal Night ~ Imperishable Night (The Reimu and Marisa themes from this game are just remixes of ones from the old games, which I already have on the list. So this is the closest thing. Plus it's also a banger)
PoFV: Spring Lane ~ Colourful Path (obligatory Raymoo theme 3)
MoF: The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field (May as well start throwing in a few final boss themes, since they're always good)
SA: Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
UFO: Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
TD: Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
DDC: Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess
LoLK: Eternal Spring Dream (breaking the final boss theme pattern here a little; while Junko's theme is definitely good, I feel like this one fits a game like Smash a bit more. Plus it's Doremy. Does it need more of a reason?)
HSiFS: The Concealed Four Seasons
WBaWC: Entrusting this World to Idols ~ Idolatrize World

And that's one from each. Still nine slots to use on anything tho:

1. Unknown X ~ Unfound Adventure/Occultly Madness (This theme is just about the face of the Touhou fighting games at this point, so it definitely deserves a spot in a fighting game like Smash)
2. Dichromatic Lotus Butterfly ~ Red and White (obligatory Raymoo theme 4)
3. Magus Night (obligatory Marisa theme 2)
4. Night Falls ~ Evening Star (obligatory Yukari theme 2)
5. Secret God Matara ~ Hidden Star in All Seasons (can't really have one Okina theme without the other)
6. Battlefield of the Flower Threshold (Yukari and Okina both get their themes, so why not Kasen too?)
7. Faith is for the Transient People (yeah, I guess Green Raymoo can have her own theme too)
8. Theme of Eastern Story (The theme of Touhou)
9. Broken Moon (final song on the list and it's not even composed by ZUN. I figured that U2 deserved at least one song after all he's done in the fighters, and this is his most popular one)

Last edited:

gavtel

Smash Cadet
Maybe a medley rule could be added... They must adhere to typical Smash third party track lengths (2-5 minutes (roughly about 3 tracks and maybe a brief cameo at the start / loop at the most) and there is a max number of medleys you can add to your track lists (maybe somewhere between 3 and 5 medleys)). They can be multi-game medleys like the Mega Man ones as well so you can get creative with the medleys.

Last edited:

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a medley rule could be added... They must adhere to typical Smash third party track lengths (2-5 minutes (roughly about 3 tracks and maybe a brief cameo at the start / loop at the most) and there is a max number of medleys you can add to your track lists (maybe somewhere between 3 and 5 medleys)). They can be multi-game medleys like the Mega Man ones as well so you can get creative with the medleys.
On the one hand, I do think keeping this on the challenging side and having to make hard choices makes it interesting. But you're right, there probably would be a handful of medleys if Reimu makes the cut. I guess if you wanted, I'd say up to 3 medleys with up to 3 track each. Using that rule, My list would then look like:

5. Bad Apple (LLS)
8. Scarlet Devil Mansion Medley [Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17 / Locked Girl ~ the Girl's Secret Room / Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial]
13. Necrofantasia (PCB)
14. Broken Moon (IaMP)
17. Marisa Medley [Oriental Dark Flight / Magus Night / Vessel of Stars ~ Casket of Star]
18. Higan Retour ~ Riverside View (PoFV)
19. Native Faith (MoF)
20. Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion (SA)
21. Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind (UFO)
22. Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator (TD)
23. Primordial Beat ~ Pristine Beat (DCC)
24. Pierrot of the Star-Spangled Banner (LoLK)
25. The Concealed Four Seasons / Secret God Matara ~ Hidden Star in All Seasons (HSiFS)

Even with that in rule place, 26 still feels way too few

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
It's really nice to get all this new (old) info about Touhou's relationship with Nintendo, and I'm intrigued about those additional bigger plans if they're real.
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reason EoSD has yet to receive any port or re-release of any kind (even on Steam) the fact that the source code for the game was lost in a computer crash that also took PCB, IN and PoFD - which is part of why there's a distinction between old and "new" Windows Touhou games?
Pretty sure that's the case. Realistically, though, lacking the source code shouldn't be an issue for a port. It requires extra work (probably why the one guy said Nintendo would provide support on that front), but it is possible and there wouldn't be any remaster/new content. It would likely just be emulated within the software.

Oborochi

Smash Rookie
Hello. I being following this thread for the past few weeks. I saw everyone typing in their track list so I decided to join and give my opinion. Thank you Sc_Ev0lution Sc_Ev0lution for posting track ideas and the formatting.
  1. HRTP: Civilization of Magic
  2. HRtP: Eternal Shrine Maiden
  3. SoEW: Complete Darkness
  4. PoDD: Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream: Reincarnation
  5. LLS: Spirit Battle ~ Perdition Crisis
  6. MS: Legendary Illusion ~ Infinite Being/ AN ORDEAL FROM GOD
  7. EoSD: Septette for a Dead Princess
  8. PCB: Necrofantasia
  9. IaMP: Broken Moon
  10. IN: Love Colored Master Spark
  11. PoFV: Spring Lane ~ Colourful Path
  12. MoF: Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall
  13. SWR: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody: Catastrophe in Bhavaagra ~ Wonderful Heaven
  14. SA: Subterranean Aminism: Hartmann’s Youkai Girl
  15. UFO: Undefinded Fantastic Object: Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
  16. UNL: Hisoutensoku (Unthinkable Natural Law): Unknown X ~ Unfound Adventure
  17. TD: Desire Drive
  18. HM: The Lost Emotion
  19. DDC: Illusionary Joururi
  20. ULiL: Urban Legend in Limbo: Battlefield of the Flower Threshold
  21. LoLK: Pure Furies ~ Whereabouts of the Heart
  22. AoFC: Antimony of Common Flowers: Tonight Stars an Easygoing Egoist (Live ver.) ~ Egoistic Flowers
  23. HFiFS: Secret God Matara ~ Hidden Star in All Seasons
  24. WBaWC Entrust this World to Idols ~ Idolatrize World
  25. Marisa Medley [Oriental Dark Flight / Magus Night / Vessel of Stars ~ Casket of Star]
  26. Reimu Medley [Eternal Shrine Maiden, Maiden’s Capprico ~ Dream Battle, G Free)
I wish there were more than 26 tracks though. There's too many good one's to choose from after al.

Oborochi

Smash Rookie
Also I am adding a circle remix list using most of the same tracks. It's formatted to show the original track, circle and album (if there is't a album, the remixed track name is listed). Sorry in advance for not being able to put in all your favourite circles (I do have my own preferences and biases). Most of these are orchestra and metal/rock so if anyone wants to add different tracks and genres, circles, go ahead!
  1. HRTP: Civilization of Magic (Magnum Opus・東方幻想史紀 ~ Record of Ancient Chronicles)
  2. HRtP: Eternal Shrine Maiden (Aojiru・東方弦奏響 3)
  3. SoEW: Complete Darkness (IRON ATTACK!・GUITAR ODYSSEY ~IRON ATTACK!インストベスト~)
  4. PoDD: Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream: Reincarnation (Shishimai Brothers・此花)
  5. LLS: Spirit Battle ~ Perdition Crisis (Magnum Opus・東方追想録 ~ Recollection of Ancient history ~)
  6. MS: Legendary Illusion ~ Infinite Being (O-Life・異臭幻想狂 )
  7. EoSD: Septette for a Dead Princess (WAVE・Symphonic Rhapsody "Peony" -交響狂詩篇 冬牡丹-)
  8. PCB: Necrofantasia (Hobby Atelier Carrot Wine・Charisma Lash Type-M)
  9. IaMP: Broken Moon: (Sound Refil・天空海闊)
  10. IN: Love Colored Master Spark (Demetori・BEGIERDE DES ZAUBERER)
  11. PoFV: Spring Lane ~ Colourful Path (Yumeiro-Project・Lycoris Radiata)
  12. MoF: Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall (S.H.O・Touhou Tempest IV)
  13. SWR: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody: Catastrophe in Bhavaagra ~ Wonderful Heaven (Melodic Taste・緋萃のシンフォニック・スイート)
  14. SA: Subterranean Aminism: Hartmann’s Youkai Girl (Foxtail Grass Studios・東方幻想界 -地霊殿の音-)
  15. UFO: Undefinded Fantastic Object: Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind (Sound.AVE・Lotus)
  16. UNL: Hisoutensoku (Unthinkable Natural Law): Unknown X ~ Unfound Adventure (Sound Sepher・東方幻奏祀典3"Deary")
  17. TD: Desire Drive (Getsumen Chakuriku Phage・幻想狂走譜Vol.7)
  18. HM: The Lost Emotion (chair ちぇあ・Track: JacK the EmotioN ~Lost Desire~)
  19. DDC: Illusionary Joururi (dBu・逆弾奏結界 反逆諧謔曲 Reversal Scherzo)
  20. ULiL: Urban Legend in Limbo: Battlefield of the Flower Threshold (Ryuu5150・東方合体ゲンソウオー伍式)
  21. LoLK: Pure Furies ~ Whereabouts of the Heart (Hobby Atelier Carrot Wine・Charisma Lash Type-L)
  22. AoFC: Antimony of Common Flowers: Tonight Stars an Easygoing Egoist (Live ver.) ~ Egoistic Flowers (U2 Akiyama・東方憑依華 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK)
  23. HFiFS: Secret God Matara ~ Hidden Star in All Seasons (Aether Eru・IMMORTAL INFERNO)
  24. WBaWC Entrust this World to Idols ~ Idolatrize World (maritumix/まりつみ・Track: Idola Deus)
  25. Marisa Medley [Oriental Dark Flight / Magus Night / Vessel of Stars ~ Casket of Star] (dBu・深弾奏結界 散華嬉遊曲 Flower Divertimento/氷弾奏結界 妖精戦奏曲 Scherzo of Fairy Wars/兎角宴舞曲 courante impromptu)
  26. Reimu Medley [Eternal Shrine Maiden, Maiden’s Capprico ~ Dream Battle, G Free) (みょん・Concealed the Conclusion OST)

MindlessMage

Smash Cadet
Okay here's the timeline of events from my understanding. I tried to order them chronologically.

March 2019
- ZUN is interviewed. Says he wants Reimu in Smash.

April 2019
- Doujin Leaker (DL) says that AoCF is coming to Switch and at some points he leaks a photo of 17.5 stating that doujin circles are "loose with their secrets"
- Play Doujin Stream
- AoCF is announced for Switch
- ZUN's legal friend says Nintendo is willing to help with putting Nintendo games on the Switch

October 2019
- DL posts the music list and states that it's music for doujin circles to compose. Says it's for Smash.

November 2019
- Terry is recorded. The DLC lineup for FP2 is already finalized.

February 2020
- Trademarks for "Touhou Project", "Touhou Doujin Music", and "Hakurei Shrine" are renewed. (From what I heard, stages in Smash are trademarked but don't quote me on that.)
- DL says Reimu is going to be revealed soon.

March 2020
- Reimu's reveal is supposedly delayed.
- We get a static PNG revealing that an ARMS character is coming to Smash.
- DL talks about an image that he thought someone "leaked" that he believes is false (which he is correct on).

April 2020
- DL states the virus delayed Reimu's reveal.

OKAY so. This may be me putting my conspiracy theory cap on BUT. Now hear me out, what if the static PNG reveal supports DL?

Lets say Reimu was going to be revealed first but the virus happens so her release date is pushed back. They need a reveal for the upcoming direct. They know they're adding an ARMS character but have no trailer. Thus, they get a static PNG and says someone on the photo is coming to Smash Brothers. So now they're both working on the ARMS character and finishing off Reimu.

Reveals being swapped is what happened with Joker and Hero. Hero was supposed to be revealed first but they wanted someone for the Game Awards, they revealed Joker first. The fact he was still early in development is why they had nothing to show for him for so long which is likely what's going on the with ARMS character as well. This also explains why Banjo and Hero were revealed at about the same time and their release dates were so close. Hero was pretty much finished so they decided to reveal him alongside Banjo.

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
Here is my completely biased music selection
1. HRtP: Eternal Shrine Maiden
2. SoEW: Love-coloured Magic
3. PoDD: Strawberry Crisis!!
4. LLS: Bad Apple!!
5. MS: Legendary Illusion ~ Infinite Being
6. EoSD: Septette for the Dead Princess
7. EoSD: Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room
8. PCB: The Girl Who Played with People's Shapes
9. PCB: Necrofantasia
10. IN: Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke
11. PoFV: Higan Retour ~ Riverside View
12. MoF: Dark Side of Fate
13. SA: Hartmann's Youkai Girl
14. SA: Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
15. UFO: Heian Alien
16. TD: Rigid Paradise
17. DDC: Dullahan Under the Willows
18. LoLK: Pierrot of the Star-Spangled Banner
19. HSiFS: Secret God Matara ~ Hidden Star in All Seasons
20. WBaWC: Idolatrize World
21. WBaWC: Joutounin of Ceramics
22. HM: Magus Night
23. UNL: Beloved Tomboyish Girl
24. UNL: Voile, the Magic Library
25. AOCM: Tonight Stars an Easygoing Egoist ~ Egoistic Flowers
26. AOCM: Evening Star ~ Night Falls
Nothing interesting though

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
- ZUN's legal friend says Nintendo is willing to help with putting Nintendo games on the Switch
I think you meant to say "Touhou games" here

November 2019
- Terry is recorded. The DLC lineup for FP2 is already finalized.
iirc, those presentations are recorded 1-2 months ahead of time. This would put Terry's recording most likely sometime in September/October. But I went back and checked, and I think you mixed up Terry's presentation and Byleth's; In Terry's initial reveal in September, we get first news that there would be fighters post Fighters Pass 1. But it wasn't until Byleth's presentation that FP2 is named and detailed. As far as I can tell (with only 5 minutes research) there isn't any info out there confirming when dlc was finalized. The best that can be done is a broad estimate for when FP2 was finalized: anywhere from the end of August through early December is fair game imo.
I'm also not sure anymore how that timeframe is useful. Really, all it means is any inclusions in FP2 would have to be interesting or worth it to Nintendo before that date, and idk how anyone who wasn't inside the right meetings could know that.

- Reimu's reveal is supposedly delayed.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Ayumi's post isn't the delayed reveal DL's talking about is for skate king?

Other than those minor things, the timeline looks right to me

OKAY so. This may be me putting my conspiracy theory cap on BUT. Now hear me out, what if the static PNG reveal supports DL?

Lets say Reimu was going to be revealed first but the virus happens so her release date is pushed back. They need a reveal for the upcoming direct. They know they're adding an ARMS character but have no trailer. Thus, they get a static PNG and says someone on the photo is coming to Smash Brothers. So now they're both working on the ARMS character and finishing off Reimu.

Reveals being swapped is what happened with Joker and Hero. Hero was supposed to be revealed first but they wanted someone for the Game Awards, they revealed Joker first. The fact he was still early in development is why they had nothing to show for him for so long which is likely what's going on the with ARMS character as well. This also explains why Banjo and Hero were revealed at about the same time and their release dates were so close. Hero was pretty much finished so they decided to reveal him alongside Banjo.
Idk, this seems a little far-fetched imo. Don't get me wrong, I totally am on board with schedules having to be changed behind the scenes, and I think the Hero-Joker situation is totally spot on. I also think Nintendo totally could have led FP2 with Reimu if they wanted, as I don't think they meticuously plan out a schedule years ahead of time down to the last detail, but only release fighters when Sakurai has finished with them. Intentionally or not, this flexibility is one of the benefits of the staggered-reveal approach.

So it's not that I don't think this could happened, just I'm not seeing enough evidence that it did. Most of it is pretty circumstantial. I also don't see how Reimu's development is more complicated enough that speeding up development on an ARMS character would be preferable, especially if Reimu would have started development in November after Terry's release and ARMS rep(tm) in January after Byleth's.

More precisely, I don't see how Reimu is a uniquely more complex character to design and implement. I know many fan movesets incorporate complex mechanics based on grazing, power, etc. but I think Sakurai could represent Reimu faithfully with a more simple moveset if he wanted or needed to. I also can totally buy that designing and balancing and ARMS fighter is challenging enough to slow down development without requiring a swap. Though they're differentiate by the selected arms, in ARMS you get 3 attacks: a left punch, a right punch, and a grab, all of which go full screen. Now, Sakurai has to take that and make a moveset without cloning Little Mac. He can totally do it. We know he can because he's doing it right now. And we can look to the Springman assist trophy for a preview. But it will still be challenging. The reach of attacks is enough of a balancing issue on its own.
It's times like these I'm thankful Touhou has 6 2D fighting games to take inspiration from.

Again, I think that what you've outlined isn't impossible, but until I see more evidence specific to Reimu, I'll file this under "let's wait and see"

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The source btw. From 3:35:50
https://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv325288892

https://touhougarakuta.com/news/200424/
Shrine Maiden of Hakurei revealed.

And the doujin leakers' post below from 26th of February.
748 なまえをいれてください (ドコグロ MM7b-aXwv [110.233.247.110]) 2020/02/26(水) 21:07:15.92 ID:fKImFM77M
そろそろハクレイのミコの方が公開されるかも
当たってたら褒めてね
Shrine Maiden of Hakurei should be getting a reveal soon.
If it became real please praise me.
https://rosie.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1582455708/748
https://5ch-ranking.com/cache/view/famicom/1582455708#748

And his newest post about this.
619 :名無し (ドコグロ MM2f-Fpic [118.109.188.41]) [↓] :2020/04/25(土) 21:16:27.33 ID:a+z/K/WWM (2/3) [MVNO]
>>618
コロナがなければもっと早く公開だったんよ(震え声)
If Corona hasn't happened, the reveal was way more earlier.
http://rosie.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1587246507/619

His new fantasy.
613 :名無し (ドコグロ MM2f-Fpic [118.109.188.41]) [↓] :2020/04/25(土) 21:03:45.65 ID:a+z/K/WWM (1/3) [MVNO]
これは妄想だけど曲アレンジ担当に笹井隆司さんがいるかも
ルドラの秘宝とかの人
This is my fantasy but Ryuji Sasai may be participating in the arrangements.
The guy was doing Treasure of the Rudras.

623 :名無し (ドコグロ MM2f-Fpic [118.109.188.41]) [↓] :2020/04/25(土) 21:23:15.59 ID:a+z/K/WWM (3/3) [MVNO]
私のはリークではなく東方界隈の状況から推測(妄想)ですけどね
だから機密情報横流ししてるとかそういう犯罪は犯していないので悪しからず
My postings are not leaks but just predictions(fantasies) from Touhou sides.
So I'm not really leaking any real secrets or doing anything dangerous.
http://rosie.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1587246507/

Several posts from him I haven't brought up yet so I just compile them here.
IPs are different but his IP isn't fixed but not random. They switch time to time.
When you search them you can tell those IPs shares same interests and writing styles.

March 28th.
332 なまえをいれてください (ドコグロ MM7f-eYIm [119.243.55.34]) sage 2020/03/28(土) 22:01:34.43 ID:SCfTjBKXM
この前の曲目順番おかしいリーク画像もしかしたら正解かもしれない
もしかして参戦発表近い?
That supposed track list leak image with weird order might be right.
Is is possible the reveal is coming soon?
https://rosie.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1585266398/332

He's talking about this image. But he was saying this is fake because the list order is off.

And these are right after Reitaisai 17's cancel announcement.

375 :名無し (ドコグロ MM92-jZ8T [119.240.142.18]) [↓] :2020/04/13(月) 02:27:23.49 ID:3E3P9IvXM (1/6) [MVNO]
相貌の狂いが始まったよもうすぐだ
Madness of Visages had began. It's soon.

378 :名無し (ドコグロ MM92-jZ8T [119.240.142.18]) [↓] :2020/04/13(月) 02:48:08.45 ID:3E3P9IvXM (3/6) [MVNO]
もうスマブラどころではない
vチューバーとコラボとか次の東方ステーションで霜降り明星の粗品とZUNが対談するとか
そういうレベルではない
動き出してしまった太田順也の暴走が今始まる
やべえよやべえよ
It's not just about Smash anymore.
Collabs with Vtubers or ZUN and Soshina of Shimofuri Myoujo (some comedian) talk on the next Touhou Station, those are nothing.
Junya Ota's rampage is really happening.
This is crazy.

379 :名無し (ドコグロ MM92-jZ8T [119.240.142.18]) [↓] :2020/04/13(月) 02:51:15.64 ID:3E3P9IvXM (4/6) [MVNO]
多分俺しか気付いてない
剛欲異聞もちれいきでんも全部伏線だったんだよ
No one has noticed but me.
Gouyoku Ibun (17.5) and Chirei Kiden (manga) are all hints.

380 :名無し (ドコグロ MM92-jZ8T [119.240.142.18]) [↓] :2020/04/13(月) 02:53:06.44 ID:3E3P9IvXM (5/6) [MVNO]
スマブラに霊夢は参戦するし
スマブラ以上に今後はアグレッシブな動きをしていく
アニプレックスもそうなのー?俺嫌いなんだけどな
Reimu will join in Smash.
But there will be more aggressive moves are coming. More than Smash.
Aniplex is one of them? I don't like it.

381 :名無し (ドコグロ MM92-jZ8T [119.240.142.18]) [↓] :2020/04/13(月) 02:58:15.04 ID:3E3P9IvXM (6/6) [MVNO]
埴安神が魔界神のオマージュだったのも
急に公式で何十年ぶりにフランドールにセリフ喋らしたのも
全部伏線だったんだよおおお
Keiki Haniyasushin was a hommage of God of Makai (Shinki).
Suddenly the offcial gave Frandre some lines after years of nothing.
They were all hints!
http://rosie.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1586261588/
Now that I have time to read this, He's basically saying Zun's going all out on expanding Touhou this year. Could be interesting to see. Fingers crossed one actually is for smash. Still interesting to see him still double down on Touhou in smash. I'm assuming the Aniplex mention is for something other than a gacha game since I'm pretty sure that Aniplex is tied to one of them (don't know which one)

Oborochi

Smash Rookie
Just a question I have (not related to smash speculation) but does anyone here watches the Touhou livestreams on Youtube/Niconico? If you had watched the recent stream, have you created and/or submitted an touhou remixes (albums and/or songs) review? I just want to know see if anyone on this forum submitted something. Submission deadline's on the 30th of April (submission is through Strange Articles of Outer World's mail form) if anyone's interested in making a review.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
A Touhou character WOULD be interesting for Smash. Plus, I'd love to hear Smash remixes of Bad Apple, UN Owen Was Her, and others.

Last edited:

Narp

Smash Cadet
Now that I have time to read this, He's basically saying Zun's going all out on expanding Touhou this year. Could be interesting to see. Fingers crossed one actually is for smash. Still interesting to see him still double down on Touhou in smash. I'm assuming the Aniplex mention is for something other than a gacha game since I'm pretty sure that Aniplex is tied to one of them (don't know which one)
In addition to Touhou Cannonball in October 2019, could we possibly be getting more from Aniplex? There's also Taito with Spell Bubble that released on the Switch this February, and Lost Word by Good Smile Company on mobile coming some time. I'm happy that ZUN is expanding, I want the series to thrive more than anything. A Smash appearance would just make me even happier.

But do we have any solid info about 15.5 on the Switch yet?

As for other doujin games, still no word on Luna Nights on Switch, and the Gensokyo Night Festival early access update was sadly delayed again.

JoonNeutral

Smash Rookie
sup

I've been seeing people bring up this "Doujin Leaker" a bunch, especially the """17.5 concept art leak""" which apparently came from him, and I think I need to clarify something pretty important unless this has already been mentioned in the thread:

This "leak" is not a leak - please stop using that to prove that whoever the shmuck is running that account is creditable - if anything, it is proof that he isnt creditable.

The "Leak" in question is this crusty image, dubbed as "17.5 concept art"

https://i.imgur.com/qUsimjx.png

With the exception that is image is a crop of a public twitter post of unabara, one of the lead programmers over at Tasofro (The lads responsible for the fighters and now 17.5)

Now for the context of this post:

Unabara literally just made a public tweet saying that he likes the program Notability.

Some random dude on Twitter comments on it.

And then Unabara posts the image, primarily showing off the function that the program can convert "drawn" text into a normal text string

What then happened is that, for some reason, this "Leaker" cropped the image and then tried to use it as material that he "totally has inner connections" because he has "17.5 concept art thats totally secret" despite it, as I already mentioned, being a public twitter post that at that point was like over a half year old. By the way, nothing in this image exactly states that its 17.5 concept art - you could assume as much because of the perspective here, but keep in mind this interaction happened while Tasofro, and especially unabara, were still working on patching AoCF on the computer.

Speaking of AoCF, it's currently still has a Beta patch running on PC.

Either way;
This was already mentioned on a Twitter thread given the "Reimu for Smash" twitter account bought the fake story, which then lead to some schmucks arguing that "because the artifacting of the cropped image is different, it's from an internal source, thus a real leak"

Now. Apart from this not being how artifacting of cropped images... or artifacting in general work and different artifacting not meaning anything, I want you to once again consider the situation here that would have to have happened:

- Unabara would've, for some reason, saved this specific image on his work computer despite the image being literally a quick mspaint job
- Unabara then, after sharing it on twitter to showcase a function to a specific twitter user publicly would've then for some reason decided to share this image outside of twitter (despite, once again, the image being specifically made to showcase something to a twitter user) to some weird internal tasofro server or whatever, just some place where the image would not be affected by "artifacting" which usually occurs when you download, crop, convert etc. images
- The ""leaker"" then somehow (??) would've accessed the source image, cropped it, and then saved it himself to then, months later, use it as "proof" that he is "totally real internal dood", cropping the rest of the image

You can take this thought further and ask yourself that even if the guy somehow has access to the source file of that specific twitter post, why in the world would you use that specific scenario and image as "proof" that you are the real deal? Wouldn't there be, I dont know, stuff that hasnt been posted at all yet that would be a lot more pressing for your case that you are the real deal if you have access to unabara's work computer and/or tasofro's work cloud/server/whatever ?

The amount of mental loops you have to go through for any of this to make sense is insane

I hope I don't need to continue as to why it's that doesn't hold up in the slightest, especially because - I don't think I can mention this enough - this isn't a secret image. This comes from a public post about an ordinary program function.

I desperately hope that this cleared up a few things, in particular I really hope people stop using that specific image as "Proof that he is totally the real deal" and instead use that image *against* him being the real deal, because it clearly is bs.

It's fine to speculate and be excited about characters you want in Smash, but please don't spread misinfo. Especially that twitter account.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Only two rules:

Here's mine:
5. Bad Apple (LLS)
13. Necrofantasia (PCB)
14. Broken Moon (IaMP)
18. Native Faith (MoF)

Been a while since I've paid a visit to the Hakurei Shrine of Reimu's Smash support, but I'd be happy to give this a try.
1: Theme of Eastern Story (Highly Responsive to Prayers) (Original)
2: Maiden's Capriccio - Dream Battle X Dichromatic Lotus Butterfly (Remix) (Imperishable Night X Urban Legend in Limbo)
3: Magus Night X Love-Coloured Master Spark (Remix) (Hopeless Masquerade X Imperishable Night)
4: Bad Apple!! (Lotus Land Story) (Remix)
5: A Soul as Red as a Ground Cherry/Apparitions Stalk the Night (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) (Remix)
6: Tomboyish Girl in Love - (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) (Original)
7: Lunar Clock - Luna Dial X Flowering Night (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil X Phantasmagoria of Flower View) (Remix)
8: Septette for the Dead Princess (Scarlet Weather Rhapsody Ver) (Original)
9: U.N. Owen was Her? (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) (Remix)
10: Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird - Til When? (Perfect Cherry Blossom) (Remix)
11: Bloom Nobly, Ink-Black Cherry Blossom - Border of Life (Perfect Cherry Blossom) (Original)
12: Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) (Original)
13: Lunatic Eyes - Invisible Full Moon (Urban Legend in Limbo Ver) (Original)
14: Flight of the Bamboo Cutter - Lunatic Princess (Imperishable Night) (Remix)
15: Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) (Original)
16: Satori Medley - Third Eye, Last Remote, Hartmann's Youkai Girl (Subterranean Animism) (Remix)
17: Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom - Nuclear Fusion (Subterranean Animism) (Original)
18: Emotional Skyscraper - Cosmic Mind (Unidentified Fantastic Object) (Remix)
19: Shoutoku Legend - True Administrator (Ten Desires) (Remix)
20: Inchling of the Shining Needle - Little Princess (Double Dealing Character) (Original)
21: Primordial Beat - Pristine Beat (Double Dealing Princess) (Remix)
22: The Space Shrine Maiden Appears (Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom) (Remix)
23: Pierrot of the Star-Spangled Banner (Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom) (Original)
24: A Star of Hope Rises in the Blue Sky (Hidden Star in Four Seasons) (Original)
25: Secret God Medley (The Concealed Four Seasons, Crazy Back-up Dancers, Hidden Star in All Seasons) (Hidden Star in Four Seasons) (Remix)
26: Entrusting this World to Idols - Idolatrize World (Wily Beast and Wicked Creature) (Original)

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
- Unabara would've, for some reason, saved this specific image on his work computer despite the image being literally a quick mspaint job
- Unabara then, after sharing it on twitter to showcase a function to a specific twitter user publicly would've then for some reason decided to share this image outside of twitter (despite, once again, the image being specifically made to showcase something to a twitter user) to some weird internal tasofro server or whatever, just some place where the image would not be affected by "artifacting" which usually occurs when you download, crop, convert etc. images
- The ""leaker"" then somehow (??) would've accessed the source image, cropped it, and then saved it himself to then, months later, use it as "proof" that he is "totally real internal dood", cropping the rest of the image
Or, y'know, he simply had access to the actual image and had it copied himself, which would also explain why the two posts, especially since one is cropped, have different compression artefacts since both were on different sites and those have different compression methods (or at least results), and it would've also changed a bit because one was more or less cropped than the other. :L

Edit: There's even the possibility of a shared workplace being the reason why more than one person could access that file.
Edit2: It's possibly even someone who works with them, which would make sense with DL's story since he is supposedly working with doujin music circles, which are obviously involved in any nonshoot'emup main Touhou game since at least Urban Legend in Limbo.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
So do you guys think even if Reimu doesn't make it she will at least get a Mii costume or Spirits in the game?
I dunno, I'd be happy with any sort of Touhou content making it into the game, to be honest. Even if it was small stuff like that, it'd feel crazy to see it in the game. A few years ago it wouldn't have even crossed my mind. Of course I'd love a playable character above all but if that's not possible then I don't mind.

Though yeah, I dunno how likely it is. There's a few fangames on the eShop but that's that, afaik. Though an AoCF port coming soon too, so it wouldn't be out of the question to put out something with that.

Last edited:

JoonNeutral

Smash Rookie
Or, y'know, he simply had access to the actual image and had it copied himself, which would also explain why the two posts, especially since one is cropped, have different compression artefacts since both were on different sites and those have different compression methods (or at least results), and it would've also changed a bit because one was more or less cropped than the other. :L

Edit: There's even the possibility of a shared workplace being the reason why more than one person could access that file.
Edit2: It's possibly even someone who works with them, which would make sense with DL's story since he is supposedly working with doujin music circles, which are obviously involved in any nonshoot'emup main Touhou game since at least Urban Legend in Limbo.
1. Literally copy the image, open it in Gimp, crop it yourself, save it and then look at the artifacts yourself. Artifacts do not. Mean. Anything. Anyone with a little bit of knowledge can even just outright uprez an image with basic methods available in web services and photosoftware. The dude probably just took the image, cropped it and then re-saved it. There is nothing else to it.
2. This still ignores literally anything else I have talked about which does not make any sense whatsoever, the entire thing is still entirely illogical.
3. Doujin Music Circles do not get access to programmer's computers and the last thing they'd probably take from someone's computer is this specific, niche file which does not even show anything of importance. Especially when that file has already been posted on his twitter account. From 6 months ago.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning btw that the AoCF Port for the Nintendo Switch was not officially announced, but rather it was simply said that they are considering it. Nothing really set in stone.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: It's worth mentioning btw that the AoCF Port for the Nintendo Switch was not officially announced, but rather it was simply said that they are considering it. Nothing really set in stone.
Right, my mistake. Thanks for clearing that up. It's pretty nice they considered it to begin with, though.

EDIT: I actually went back to check, and according to this (livestream is also linked in it) it was said that it is coming. Just not sure when. Though I got a bit of confusion at first because on this wiki article it mentions it being merely "considered". But it seems like it's coming, we just don't know when.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
1. Literally copy the image, open it in Gimp, crop it yourself, save it and then look at the artifacts yourself. Artifacts do not. Mean. Anything. Anyone with a little bit of knowledge can even just outright uprez an image with basic methods available in web services and photosoftware. The dude probably just took the image, cropped it and then re-saved it. There is nothing else to it.
2. This still ignores literally anything else I have talked about which does not make any sense whatsoever, the entire thing is still entirely illogical.
3. Doujin Music Circles do not get access to programmer's computers and the last thing they'd probably take from someone's computer is this specific, niche file which does not even show anything of importance. Especially when that file has already been posted on his twitter account. From 6 months ago.
1. Just because it could be done like that doesn't mean it was. I don't want to give it too much credit but I think the 0% believability you give it is exagerrated.
2. How does it ignore it? We don't know anything about the workplace do we?
3. Meetings. I don't think they'd find it ON the computer, but they could've seen the sketch themselves beforehand, especially if it is concept paper that Unabara just used as example in his tweet later on. Could've just taken a pic themselves at that, depending on circumstances.

I am not disregarding it could be taken FROM the tweet, but it could also not, there are ways it could've been taken elsewhere.
I also feel you went on here solely to try and debunk it. And I'm frankly surprised no one else has responded. :L

EDIT: Pretty sure I've heard otherwise elsewhere, but I'd need to reconfirm that, as I think it was from a japanese stream or something.

Last edited:

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
It's also worth mentioning that we still haven't seen much at all of the AoCF PS4 port, which would release first if the Switch version comes to pass. I wonder if they've put AoCF on the back burner to work on 17.5 full time.

So do you guys think even if Reimu doesn't make it she will at least get a Mii costume or Spirits in the game?
Maybe? You could argue that those might be more likely outcomes because they cost fewer development resources, but honestly there's no way to know for sure. I also am not sure how I would feel if that happened. I kinda don't want to find out tbh. But I guess I'd have to accept it.

Last edited:

JoonNeutral

Smash Rookie
1. Just because it could be done like that doesn't mean it was. I Don't want to give it too much credit but I think the 0% believability you give it is exagerrated.
2. How does it ignore it? We don't know anything about the workplace do we?
3. Meetings. I don't think they'd find it ON the computer, but they could've seen the sketch themselves beforehand, especially if it is concept paper that Unabara just used as example in his tweet later on. Could've just taken a pic themselves at that, depending on circumstances.

I am not disregarding it could be taken FROM the tweet, but it could also not, there are ways it could've been taken elsewhere.
I also feel you went on here solely to try and debunk it. And I'm frankly surprised no one else has responded. :L
1.How is it "exaggerated" with the entire context surrounding this? This is a bloody scribble unabara made in a couple of minutes, why would you share you showcasing a feature of a program to other people "internally" in the first place if the post was made for specifically a single dude?
2. You are ignoring everything else surrounding this. Why this file? If you have access, why not something that hasn't been seen before, like actual concept art and not a crop from a public tweet? Why would unabara save a quick scribble file for a tweet for 6 months? Why would you use this specific thing as your big trump card when its a public tweet once again.
3. This once again is a random file for a tweet that is 6 months old. W-why would you have this laying around? Laying around where? The tweet isn't about the concept art, its about showing off a feature for a program. The "pic" isnt a photo either, it's a screencap - it isnt a "photo". How would you even sneak a "picture" or screencap in infront of the head-honcho himself? Why would any rep of a major doujin circle want to **** up their reputation to work with official content ever again? Why would you have meetings after AoCF's release, 17.5 does not have music done with an assload of music circles.

Tasofro is not a big company. Tasofro is a group of 10 dudes which, from what we know, literally just talk out ideas with ZUN over beer and then get to work.

The sheer length of the reach that this is "real" is insane.

And yeah, I am mostly here because this misinformation about this thing has spread rampant, and from what I have seen it stems from here.

I am here because I'm simply a fan of Tasofro's stuff and have even been in contact with Unabara a couple of times over stuff relating to AoCF - I recognized that image because I saw it when it first came out and even talked about it with a couple of dudes. Seeing it pop up months later as this big "secret image" was quite the surprise.

JoonNeutral

Smash Rookie
It's also worth mentioning that we still haven't seen much at all of the AoCF PS4 port, which would release first if the Switch version comes to pass. I wonder if they've put AoCF on the back burner to work on 17.5 full time.
You are 100% correct. As I have mentioned already, AoCF currently has a PC Beta going on. The PC Beta did not have any changes made to it for a long, long time, and unabara's responses to bug reports have been kinda delayed aswell. It isn't too unrealistic that they have been focusing on 17.5 full-time for now, and the Beta version for the PC will likely be the version PS4 and Switch will be getting, as that version introduced new balancing and a couple of new visual effects even.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Disregarding the topic of the sketch
Wasn't the same person behind leaked official manga pages way before they actually went public?

JoonNeutral

Smash Rookie
EDIT: I actually went back to check, and according to this (livestream is also linked in it) it was said that it is coming. Just not sure when. Though I got a bit of confusion at first because on this wiki article it mentions it being merely "considered". But it seems like it's coming, we just don't know when.
I'd trust the wiki over gematsu. I specifically remember watching the stream with a couple of translators in the discord chat back then because we expected them to release another stinky "exclusive content" release akin Reisen in ULiL, and even the translators said that Unabara was merely considering AoCF on the Switch.

I'll be honest though with how the Beta has been going and it having been like 1 year ever since the announcement I don't know how long either AoCF console versions will take.

Disregarding the topic of the sketch
Wasn't the same person behind leaked official manga pages way before they actually went public?
If you are talking about the Detective Satori one, it was released on a website(Comic Walker) for free and you were able to access later chapters by just changing the URL. Has nothing to do with "leaks".

Last edited:

Narp

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I recall something implying the Switch port would come some time after the PS4 port, but I'm not sure where that information came from.
And I'm frankly surprised no one else has responded. :L
Well, I guess it's been only a few hours. And time zones.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
If you are talking about the Detective Satori one, it was released on a website for free and you were able to access later chapters by just changing the URL. Has nothing to do with "leaks".
I think it was Wild and Horned Hermit way before, rather than CDS.

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
If you are talking about the Detective Satori one, it was released on a website(Comic Walker) for free and you were able to access later chapters by just changing the URL. Has nothing to do with "leaks".
I could have sworn this was WaHH leaks

JoonNeutral

Smash Rookie
I think it was Wild and Horned Hermit way before, rather than CDS.
I could have sworn this was WaHH leaks
There were some early scans for WaHH, but that isn't really a "leak". That's just people getting the magazine earlier. Stuff like This (Spoiler I guess?) had always been flying around a day/a few days before ""official"" release for the same reason you see people running around with Animal Crossing a few days before it's release.
Unless you are talking of something else?

Last edited:

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
There were some early scans for WaHH, but that isn't really a "leak". That's just people getting the magazine earlier. Stuff like This (Spoiler I guess?) had always been flying around a day/a few days before ""official"" release for the same reason you see people running around with Animal Crossing a few days before it's release.
I can believe that, I'm just not knowledgeable enough. Maybe Ayumi would know more?

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Actually I am. They were on a forum where they leaked the plot of upcoming WaHH chapters at the time and got banned for it.
If it was just from early releases I doubt they'd have gotten as far as pulling the ban hammer.

JoonNeutral

Smash Rookie
Actually I am. They were on a forum where they leaked the plot of upcoming WaHH chapters at the time and got banned for it.
If it was just from early releases I doubt they'd have gotten as far as pulling the ban hammer.
Hit me up with the source if you can, because I have not heard of that and would like to investigate further. Details are pretty important here, and if he just got banned because he leaked the plot of an early scan, its not anything notable. And really thinking about it, why wouldnt they ban someone for spoiling the plot? Doesnt matter if its only 1 day away, they are still spoiling it because they got it early. Not really strange.

EDIT: Also RE: "AoCF announced for smash boys" -> the direct quote is here: https://youtu.be/4llsZoSJPyE?t=6190

He quite literally says that this is "not a direct announcement", but that he is preparing for a potential release on the switch after the ps4 release.

The keyword is potential - nothing is set in stone, and what the 2hu wiki says about him merely considering/thinking about it is correct. The article saying it's a direct announcement is, by quote, outright wrong.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Hit me up with the source if you can, because I have not heard of that and would like to investigate further. Details are pretty important here, and if he just got banned because he leaked the plot of an early scan, its not anything notable.
Nothing we know much unless we can translate from japanese directly, but here's some more context from earlier in the thread. (Person quoted knows more about it than I do though)
Not 100%. Only circumstantial evidences.

1. His Wacchoi name is a rare one. Easy to recognize but not impossible to have the same name if you contract the same ISP. Wacchoi ID will be different tho.
2. His IP address isn't fixed, it changes in a certain time. You can track his posts while his IP address is the same, so it's able to check his manner of speaking and his preferences. and those haven't changed since the start. He is not just posting in gaming boards.
3. This guy was actually a known leaker, not the most famous tho, from Kyokai boards, one of Touhou boards. He got kicked out from there because he was spoiling too much Touhou manga. Leaks aren't welcomed everywhere. People from there recognized his distinct speaking style and saying they are very similar.

So if this doujin leaker is a copycat, they must researched hard and kept imitating him even outside of gaming boards for more than half a year.
It's possible to impersonate the original, still takes persistence and maybe some money. But we all know we had the Grinch leak before, so yeah.

Last edited:

MindlessMage

Smash Cadet
I have stated that I'm very iffy on the doujin leak and I've done investigations on it myself. I want to believe DL but I don't have concrete enough reason to believe him to be right. I dunno why people say I prance around saying the leak is real. I just like talking about it and it brings attention to Reimu.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Hit me up with the source if you can, because I have not heard of that and would like to investigate further. Details are pretty important here, and if he just got banned because he leaked the plot of an early scan, its not anything notable. And really thinking about it, why wouldnt they ban someone for spoiling the plot? Doesnt matter if its only 1 day away, they are still spoiling it because they got it early. Not really strange.

EDIT: Also RE: "AoCF announced for smash boys" -> the direct quote is here: https://youtu.be/4llsZoSJPyE?t=6190

He quite literally says that this is "not a direct announcement", but that he is preparing for a potential release on the switch after the ps4 release.

The keyword is potential - nothing is set in stone, and what the 2hu wiki says about him merely considering/thinking about it is correct. The article saying it's a direct announcement is, by quote, outright wrong.
Alright then, I suppose that clears it up on AoCF. Thanks, though I suppose that as mentioned a bit above, even if they were to go through with it, we'd be seeing these ports in a long while.

Top Bottom