• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wasn't here during the Grinch leak. I do know of what happened, but what was Smashboards like during the Grinch leak?
- Team Real: Banjo & Kazooie, Isaac, Geno, Shadow, Ken, Mach Rider, and Chorus Kids are CONFIRMED Y'ALL!!!

- Team Fake: No there not! Vergeben and other insiders including mods at ResetEra say Incineroar is suppose to be in and he isn't anywhere on that banner. Plus they said over half of those characters are Assist Trophies.

- Team Real: OMG!!! Someone just screencapped a image of a plant item in Smash Bros. from a tournament. That's the same item from Golden Sun so... ISAAC IS CONFIRMED!!!

- Team Fake: It's not actually confirmed that's from Golden Sun.

- Team Real: Shut the **** up! Let us enjoy this moment while it lasts.

- Team Fake: Vergeben said Isaac is a Assist Trophy.

- Team Real: **** Vergeben! He doesn't know **** and will be proven wrong come the upcoming Smash Direct.

- Team Fake: Look at that! Us, Verge, the ResetEra mods, and other credible insiders were right, it was just Incineroar and Ken. Oh and Piranha Plant.

- Team Real: NOOOOO!!!!! Did they really put in a Mario enemy in before characters like Isaac, Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, and Shadow?! **** this game! I'm not playing it! They made so many highly fan requested characters into Assist Trophies but gave us a stupid fire Pokemon and a plant nobody wanted.

There was a lot more **** that went down and of course this wasn't everyones' reaction from both sides, but it was the reaction of a lot of people on here during the time. Especially for some on Team Real who just **** on Incineroar and Piranha Plant when they got announced. Some people thought those two stole the slots of fan favorites.

Edit: Oh, and before the November 1st Smash Direct, I was a Team Real believer. But I wasn't radically upset about it like a lot of other people.

Two sides:
Real
Fake
Real was mostly in the Banjo, Geno, Isaac fanbases, Fake was more the insiders.
Ultimately it was a mess. Fake won and the only characters to make it were :ultken: and eventually :ultbanjokazooie:.
You forgot :ultincineroar: and :ultpiranha: who both gave the community a bunch of salt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

- Team Real: Banjo & Kazooie, Isaac, Geno, Shadow, Ken, Mach Rider, and Chorus Kids are CONFIRMED Y'ALL!!!

- Team Fake: No there not! Vergeben and other insiders including mods at ResetEra say Incineroar is suppose to be in and he isn't anywhere on that banner. Plus they said over half of those characters are Assist Trophies.

- Team Real: OMG!!! Someone just screencapped a image of a plant item in Smash Bros. from a tournament. That's the same item from Golden Sun so... ISAAC IS CONFIRMED!!!

- Team Real: **** Vergeben! He doesn't know **** and will be proven wrong come the upcoming Smash Direct.

- Team Fake: Look at that! Us, Verge, the ResetEra mods, and other credible insiders were right, it was just Incineroar and Ken. Oh and Piranha Plant.

- Team Real: NOOOOO!!!!! Did they really put in a Mario enemy in before characters like Isaac, Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, and Shadow?! **** this game! I'm not playing it! They made so many highly fan requested characters into Assist Trophies but gave us a stupid fire Pokemon and a plant nobody wanted.

There was a lot more **** that went down and of course this wasn't everyones' reaction from both sides, but it was the reaction of a lot of people on here during the time. Especially for some on Team Real who just **** on Incineroar and Piranha Plant when they got announced. Some people thought those two stole the slots of fan favorites.

You forgot :ultincineroar: and :ultpiranha: who both gave the community a bunch of salt.
I feel like a kid walking in the middle of the Battle of Gettysburg.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Edit: Oh and before the November 1st Smash Direct I was a Team Real believer. But I wasn't radically upset about it like a lot of other people.

You can still see the aftermath of the Incineroar and Plant salt in select places. More so for plant(Meme power), but it's still there. I personally didn't take it that hard, but I saw plenty of people who would fit that description you gave, though I would hope there are more people that reacted like me rather than like that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You can still see the aftermath of the Incineroar and Plant salt in select places. More so for plant(Meme power), but it's still there. I personally didn't take it that hard, but I saw plenty of people who would fit that description you gave, though I would hope there are more people that reacted like me rather than like that.
I was calm about it because I knew there wasn't anything I could do. Plus I finally got K. Rool and Ridley so I was happy enough with them at the time.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Looks like another new manga was announced! I wish more beyond Forbidden Scrollery would get an official print release in English. Actually being able to read a physical copy of that was a lot of fun.

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
Looks like another new manga was announced! I wish more beyond Forbidden Scrollery would get an official print release in English. Actually being able to read a physical copy of that was a lot of fun.
Having an English release of Silent Sinner in Blue would almost get me as excited as Touhou in Smash. Almost.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
So if Reimu is added, what songs do you all want?
  • Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea
  • Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye
  • Bloom Nobly, Ink Black Cherry Blossom ~ Border of Life
  • Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room
  • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
  • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess
  • Spring Lane ~ Colorful Path
  • Faith is for the Transient People
  • Necrofantasia
  • The Dollmaker of Bucaresti
  • Catastrophe in Bhava-Agra ~ Wonderful Heaven
  • Green-Eyed Jealousy

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Sticking to ten:
  • Maiden's Capriccio
  • The Ground's Color is Yellow
  • Love-Colored Master Spark
  • Magus Night (HM)
  • Night Sakura of Dead Spirits
  • Pure Furies
  • Tonight Stars an Easy-going Egotist
  • The Gensokyo the Gods Loved
  • Idolatrize World
  • The Japanese Wilderness the Girl Watched

swinn

Smash Rookie
  • Maiden's Capriccio
  • Love-Colored Master Spark
  • Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial or Flowering Night (either works as long as Sakuya is represented)
  • Pure Furies (Whereabouts of the Heart)
  • Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17
  • U.N. Owen Was Her?
  • Lunatic Eyes (Invisible Full Moon)
  • Doll Judgement ~ The Girl Who Played With People's Shapes
  • Necrofantasia
  • Border of Life
  • Pierrot of the Star-Spangled Banner
  • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
  • Bad Apple (Vocal) or The Gensōkyō the Gods Loved (Vocal)
and so many others, but these are my absolute favorites. Bad Apple/TGtGL are just to represent the fanmade content aspect of Touhou, and also to be that one vocal song that we HAVE to have

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
I hope if Reimu is added, PC-98 pieces (aside from Bad Apple!!) will be considered.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
  • U.N. Owen was Her?
  • Septette for the Dead Princess
Those two are definitely the songs i want most, however, there are too many i would like to see. Definitely want some variety in genres and maybe a few remixes thrown together with Pokemon sound fonts . Also would like a few vocals as well

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm sure we'd get at least one PC-98 song. It's got a lot of great tunes. I particularly wouldn't be surprised if we got PC-98 Maiden's Capriccio.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
So no real update on the whether the image did or didn't come from twitter, huh?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All I need is Beloved tomboyish girl and Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's Kappa then I'm happy.

Anyways nice to make your acquaintance everyone I've been watching these recent developments from afar and Reimu has started to grow on me a lot so I'd like to ask a quick question, How do I get into Touhou and what games should I play (plus how do I emulate/get to play them)?

Not many of the games arrived to America and I have no idea how to get the games and play them since I'm new to owning a laptop/computer after all.

Thatchner

Smash Cadet
I know as far as songs are concerned, these are my top picks:

-Maiden's Capriccio
-Necrofantasia
-The Venerable Ancient Battlefield
-U.N. Owen Was Her
-Dwarves of the Shining Needle

I'd like to see more than that, but these are some of my personal favorites!

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I tried to make a realistic wishlist:
Wanted to include most popular songs and some personal favorites.

I hope if Reimu is added, PC-98 pieces (aside from Bad Apple!!) will be considered.

This is easily one of my favorite Touhou arranges. Vanishing Dream is a top tier song in general. I wonder if there is a higher quality upload of this version somewhere...

All I need is Beloved tomboyish girl and Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's Kappa then I'm happy.

Anyways nice to make your acquaintance everyone I've been watching these recent developments from afar and Reimu has started to grow on me a lot so I'd like to ask a quick question, How do I get into Touhou and what games should I play (plus how do I emulate/get to play them)?

Not many of the games arrived to America and I have no idea how to get the games and play them since I'm new to owning a laptop/computer after all.
If you wanna get into the games, the 6th entry, Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, is most commonly recommended as a starting point. It's the first game for windows and essentially the start of the current canon. It also features the most popular characters and music. From there on you could just play in chronological order (but skip 9 because that game is very different.) If you're looking for a way to play it: the game is currently not available on Steam and most likely never will be so the only way to legally play it is via resellers. However if you do little Google search you should be able to find a certain different method. *wink wink*
The newest one, Wily Beast and Weakest Creature is also pretty good imo. The plot is very self contained so you don't need any knowledge of the previous stories in order to enjoy it and the game itself is on the easier side of things while still being a lot of fun.
If you happen to not enjoy any of the shmup games I'd recommend checking out one of the official fighting game spin offs instead. Scarlet Weather Rhapsody is my favorite!

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I just remembered, I actually have an artist friend who might be able to shed a bit more light on the whole compression thing. I’ll ask him about it tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

I just remembered, I actually have an artist friend who might be able to shed a bit more light on the whole compression thing. I’ll ask him about it tomorrow.
Yeah, just sit down and let the experts do the talking. That's a good way to add credibility.

FYI there's a scandal going on in K-Pop about rigged votes and they had college math professors decode it. Turns out they were rigged.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm all for it, because why not, but this whole compression thing is a pretty funny rabbit hole.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
So my artist friend said if the artifacting is that different then it’s 2 instances from the same source

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Touhou is known quite heavily for its music, so I'd really hope that it would get the Castlevania treatment when it comes to songs. Here's a list that I compiled that spans an unrealistically comprehensive 40 songs (6 more than Castlevania) throughout the franchise (though I definitely cheat with medley inclusions):

1. Theme of Eastern Story
2. Maiden's Capriccio
3. Bad Apple!!
4. Grimoire of Alice
5. PC-98 MEDLEY
- Strawberry Crisis
- Witching Dream
- Sleeping Terror
- Musou Jikuu
- Fushigi no Kuni no Alice
- Grimoire of Alice
6. EoSD MEDLEY:
- Scarlet Beyond a Crimson Dream
- A Soul As Red As a Ground Cherry
- Lunate Elf
- Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea
- Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17
- The Maid and the Pocket Watch of Blood
- Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial
- Septette for the Dead Princess
7. Beloved Tomboyish Girl
8. Voile, the Magic Library/ Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room
9. Septette for the Dead Princess
10. Centennial Festival for Magical Girls/ U.N. Owen was her?
11. Crimson Belvedere ~ Eastern Dream...
12. The Fantastic Legend of Tohno
13. Doll Judgement
14. Phantom Ensemble
15. Border of Life
16. Necrofantasia
17. Memory of Forgathering Dream
18. Deaf to all but the Song
19. Love-colored Master Spark
20. Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon
21. Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
22. Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke
23. Flowering Night
24. Wind God Girl
25. Mountain of Faith MEDLEY:
- A God That Loves People ~ Romantic Fall
- Because Princess Inada Is Scolding Me
- The Road of the Apotropaic God ~ Dark Road
- The Gensokyo the Gods Loved
- The Kappa of Akutagawa Ryuunosuke ~ Candid Friend
- The Primal Scene of Japan the Girl Watched
26. Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall
27. Faith is for the Transient People
28. Tomorrow is Feast, Yesterday is not/ Native Faith
29. Drunk as I Like ( Or some form of the SWR Theme)
30. Forest of Magic - Fragrant Plants
31. SA MEDLEY:
- Green-Eyed Jealousy
- Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye
- Last Remote
- Hartmann's Youkai Girl
32. Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
33. Interdimensional Voyage of a Ghostly Passenger Ship
34. Heian Alien
35. Unknown X ~ Unfound Adventure
36. Reverse Idealogy
37. Kobito of the Shining Needle
38. Pierrot of the Star-Spangled Banner
39. Crazy Back Dancer
40. Joutounin of Ceramics

This would obviously be an absolute dream scenario for my absolute dream character, so it's extremely ambitious. I'd realistically expect 10-15 songs because of the importance of music to the series and ZUN's laxness, though I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Touhou got extra special treatment for its music.

Last edited:

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
So my artist friend said if the artifacting is that different then it’s 2 instances from the same source
I figured as much. Then that means Papa Genos might've called off the leak too early, if anything this gives the leak an actual leg to stand on since it means the leaker has ties to Tasofro- which probably also means he does have insider knowledge on the doujin circles supposedly working to make music for the game. Back in the big leagues boys.
I think Reimu will most likely be after the fighter pass, maybe the 2nd or 3rd char? But if she's FP5 I think it'd be perfect. Wrap off the fighter pass with the first female DLC char and then announce the first character of the next pass at the Video Game Awards (a western icon most likely to please the people who'd inevitably get butthurt if Reimu got in as FP5)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I figured as much. Then that means Papa Genos might've called off the leak too early, if anything this gives the leak an actual leg to stand on since it means the leaker has ties to Tasofro- which probably also means he does have insider knowledge on the doujin circles supposedly working to make music for the game. Back in the big leagues boys.
I think Reimu will most likely be after the fighter pass, maybe the 2nd or 3rd char? But if she's FP5 I think it'd be perfect. Wrap off the fighter pass with the first female DLC char and then announce the first character of the next pass at the Video Game Awards (a western icon most likely to please the people who'd inevitably get butthurt if Reimu got in as FP5)
If Reimu is Number 5, I can’t wait to see the community realize they wrote another potentially “real” leak off early.

Top Bottom