• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I could actually very easily see it being a walkoff (unfortunately) set directly in front of the shrine. I tend to imagine there'd be a bunch of characters lounging around in the background, with a few popping in as stage hazards with spellcard attacks or other shenanigans (maybe Yukari, Kasen, Remilia, Mamizou, and Youmu, just to toss out a few names).
Could the stage perhaps be set on the roof of the shrine? Depends on the roof it has, I guess. I think that would make the elements a bit more dynamic and possible legal without hazards(Because the idea of a Touhou stage with the tracks that come with it playing during an intense tournament match sounds amazing).

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Could the stage perhaps be set on the roof of the shrine? Depends on the roof it has, I guess. I think that would make the elements a bit more dynamic and possible legal without hazards(Because the idea of a Touhou stage with the tracks that come with it playing during an intense tournament match sounds amazing).
Definitely! I'd much prefer that, so hopefully that's what they'd go with.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think a Touhou stage would be like? Location, layout, hazards, cameos, etc. I know the shrine is often the location mentioned, but I have no clue how things would be laid out or to what level the bullet hell elements will appear as.
Hakurei shrine is the most obvious choice. However, one idea is starting in where Yukari lives then her gaps take you through a tour of Gensokyo, visting all of the major locations from the games like Scarlet Devil Mansion, Hakurei Shrine, Moriya Shrine, Myouren temple, Human Village, etc... The major characters could appear at their respective locations in the background, stage hazards would be either some of their spellcards or abilities. Eventually you start the same order again but instead of going back to yukari's home, you revisit the locations again in the same order.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hakurei shrine is the most obvious choice. However, one idea is starting in where Yukari lives then her gaps take you through a tour of Gensokyo, visting all of the major locations from the games like Scarlet Devil Mansion, Hakurei Shrine, Moriya Shrine, Myouren temple, Human Village, etc... The major characters could appear at their respective locations in the background, stage hazards would be either some of their spellcards or abilities. Eventually you start the same order again but instead of going back to yukari's home, you revisit the locations again in the same order.
So like a traveling stage, except through some interdimensional elements and the same traveling logic of Halberd? Sounds like a cool idea that would rep a lot of the series, but I am curious of the sort of place Yukari lives, and thus, where your starting stage is. I imagine hazardless would just confine you to one location like Castle Siege, as that is also a stage that has you travel through warping.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I think the fact that almost the entire community is convinced the doujin leak is 100% dead even though it isn't would make Reimu being character #5 infinitely more hilarious

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think the fact that almost the entire community is convinced the doujin leak is 100% dead even though it isn't would make Reimu being character #5 infinitely more hilarious
If Reimu is 5 after everyone wrote her off, the community will go nuts.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm still baffled as to how people think a fake leak being deconfirmed has any impact on a character's chances. I've literally lost count of the number of fake leaks I've seen over the past few years.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather hope the fake-*** KOS-MOS "leak" is true, because it suggests that she's Fighter #5 with Reimu and Ryu coming later. Best of both worlds.
Sadly, this leak is dead. Determined it was indeed fake.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Is the doujin leak not actually dead? I thought it was decided that the guy just grabbed the screenshots off Tasofro's Twitter, did that turn out not to be the case?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Is the doujin leak not actually dead? I thought it was decided that the guy just grabbed the screenshots off Tasofro's Twitter, did that turn out not to be the case?
Whether or not the doujin leak is fake is irrelevant. Reimu isn't out until DLC is done. It's probably better discussing what her content might look like instead of relying on leaks.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Oh, I agree. I make a point of not believing leaks, since you can't be too careful. I'm just curious, because I thought it was confirmed fake.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I agree. I make a point of not believing leaks, since you can't be too careful. I'm just curious, because I thought it was confirmed fake.
They are misinformed. The leaker never claimed he leaked the sketch and isn’t related to smash at all.

Currently waiting for more information

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The leaker is now saying all that Reimu & Yukari tag team and Sanae & Kanako echo were all his fantasies. May be he has been hearing things other than that supposed track lists, but we shouldn't be focusing on those claims.
So when he said "Reimu w/ Yukari, Youkai buster and Seirensen being the stage were what I head most" is false or is that a misinterpretation? Based on the context of the august posts, I assumed the Sanae and Kanako **** was his fantasies.

Post No.818
Guy working for the official is making this public half in joke, they're hopeless.
https://i.imgur.com/J5wGlh4.jpg [deleted by him right after but this was the image]
https://www.logsoku.com/r/2ch.sc/famicom/1564768609/818
If I'm understanding, He's saying that things are loose in the Doujin community because the dev publically posted that image. Is that a correct paraphrase?

Sadly, this leak is dead. Determined it was indeed fake.
How is it dead?

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
So when he said "Reimu w/ Yukari, Youkai buster and Seirensen being the stage were what I head most" is false or is that a misinterpretation? Based on the context of the august posts, I assumed the Sanae and Kanako **** was his fantasies
I think this part was his actual leak. Or rather legit rumor floating around.
Before he posted the leak, he was making tons of long posts about how Reimu would work in Smash. So things like Yukari works like Arsene were all his fantasies I guess.
One thing I noticed is both his fantasies and leaks including that list of tracks are heavily under influence of AoCF. Both contents wise and mechanics wise.
I'm not sure on Sanae and Kanako part. I can't tell where he got that idea from but reading thru his posts, sounds like it was just an assumption he and his friends made based on rumors.
If I'm understanding, He's saying that things are loose in the Doujin community because the dev publically posted that image. Is that a correct paraphrase?
I think so. That's my take too.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I think this part was his actual leak. Or rather legit rumor floating around.
Before he posted the leak, he was making tons of long posts about how Reimu would work in Smash. So things like Yukari works like Arsene were all his fantasies I guess.
One thing I noticed is both his fantasies and leaks including that list of tracks are heavily under influence of AoCF. Both contents wise and mechanics wise.
I'm not sure on Sanae and Kanako part. I can't tell where he got that idea from but reading thru his posts, sounds like it was just an assumption he and his friends made based on rumors.

I think so. That's my take too.
I think I understand it now.

Reimu w/ Yukari, Youkai Buster and Seirensen are what he's heard. Things like Yukari acting like Arsene (ie some sort of permanent buff with a slight moveset change) are things he's 'fantasized' alongside the obvious Sanae and Kanako stuff.

With admitting that the image itself was already public, it essentially brings everything back to where it started with the AoCF leak. Not that I really thought the image itself bolstered his credibility outside of it being an interesting tidbit.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I'm still baffled as to how people think a fake leak being deconfirmed has any impact on a character's chances. I've literally lost count of the number of fake leaks I've seen over the past few years.
Yep. Hero and Banjo were both in some major deconfirmed leaks, and yet they arrived.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
There are people getting tired of all the rumors especially in the Reimu for smash discord. They want confirmation despite me telling them that rumors is the only thing we can get at the moment. Getting a confirmation is pretty much impossible without someone on the inside spilling it. I see more people there doubting the leaker's credibility and the rumors including the leaks to be false. I try to relay information as best as i can but it seems like more and more people just don't care now, all they want is confirmation that Reimu is in smash

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
There are people getting tired of all the rumors especially in the Reimu for smash discord. They want confirmation despite me telling them that rumors is the only thing we can get at the moment. Getting a confirmation is pretty much impossible without someone on the inside spilling it. I see more people there doubting the leaker's credibility and the rumors including the leaks to be false. I try to relay information as best as i can but it seems like more and more people just don't care now, all they want is confirmation that Reimu is in smash
Honestly I just want something new and interesting to discuss to come up. i hate just having to wait
(im mello on the discord btw)

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Rumors are all we ever get untill offical nimtendo reveals or nontendo accidentally givong info.out early, like the bloody tears music and snk copyrigjt. Everything else, even from confirmed leakers will good track records, are still rumors

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
Rumors are all we ever get untill offical nimtendo reveals or nontendo accidentally givong info.out early, like the bloody tears music and snk copyrigjt. Everything else, even from confirmed leakers will good track records, are still rumors
Yep, i even made a point a few times that even if doujin circles are making touhou music for smash they would mostly be in the dark about Reimu's and/or whoever's status. I won't be surprised if someone part of the circles making music somehow gets knowledge that Reimu is actually #5 and gives out the information too early.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I love the chaos, personally. Everything surrounding the Grinch leak last year was a hell of a time.

D

Deleted member

I love the chaos, personally. Everything surrounding the Grinch leak last year was a hell of a time.
I wasn't here during the Grinch leak. I do know of what happened, but what was Smashboards like during the Grinch leak?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I wasn't here during the Grinch leak. I do know of what happened, but what was Smashboards like during the Grinch leak?
Two sides:
Real
Fake
Real was mostly in the Banjo, Geno, Isaac fanbases, Fake was more the insiders.
Ultimately it was a mess. Fake won and the only characters to make it were :ultken: and eventually :ultbanjokazooie:.

D

Deleted member

Two sides:
Real
Fake
Real was mostly in the Banjo, Geno, Isaac fanbases, Fake was more the insiders.
Ultimately it was a mess. Fake won and the only characters to make it were :ultken: and eventually :ultbanjokazooie:.
Man, I'm already picturing the website being depicted as a huge warzone left and right. Good thing I joined this site late into the game.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Man, I'm already picturing the website being depicted as a huge warzone left and right. Good thing I joined this site late into the game.
It got more hectic when the insiders called it fake because there was no :ultincineroar:.
Then the images started rolling in...
After the November 2018 Smash Direct everyone got Grinch’d but hey, there’s now a playable plant in a pot so the laughs continue!

D

Deleted member

It got more hectic when the insiders called it fake because there was no :ultincineroar:.
Then the images started rolling in...
After the November 2018 Smash Direct everyone got Grinch’d but hey, there’s now a playable plant in a pot so the laughs continue!
Y'know, the first time I ever heard of Smash Ultimate period was during my trip to Australia. I was checking out the game stores when I saw the pre-orders of the game itself. And damn, this led me to where I am now.

I never got to watch the Grinch Direct, though it's a reveal trailer I never find myself watching. Because I actually empathize with the Geno and Isaac supporters who got Columbia'd to death. As for the Banjo supporters, they did get their characters in the end and they're living the dream.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
As someone who frequents other forums, the warzone was not just limited to Smashboards! (I was a long-time lurker here at the time of Grinch, but I still witnessed everything.)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I never got to watch the Grinch Direct, though it's a reveal trailer I never find myself watching. Because I actually empathize with the Geno and Isaac supporters who got Columbia'd to death. As for the Banjo supporters, they did get their characters in the end and they're living the dream.
I think it's worth noting, as someone who saw what happened as a major Geno supporter, I recall being rather excited by the fact that papagenos believed the leak. I can't recall if there were insiders besides him that believed in it(He had info on Banjo all the way back then, so that is where his trust in it came from), but that was pretty notable for me.

I was a Grinch believer back then, and honestly, I am kinda glad I was. Got me to notice how cool a character Mach Rider would be.

Top Bottom