• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

zferolie

Smash Hero

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
What's really cool about this is that CAVE is officially calling Touhou a monument of STG.
(gasp) We did it, boys...! Senpai finally noticed us! I feel so honored... I could cry... 😂

So, something to think about:
Up Special ideas:
Ascension Kick
Dimensional Rift
Ability to float
View attachment 323364
Up Special idea:
Ride Genji
View attachment 323365

I'm just saying.
Not to insult anybody here though lol
No, you're completely right. It's on them if they get mad at F A C T S

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Just saw this on Twitter, it's in Japanese and related to Smash, it has similarities to that one SourceGaming popularity poll and Reimu is there!

Last edited:

VicAdward

Smash Apprentice
Just saw this on Twitter, it's in Japanese and related to Smash, it has similarities to that one SourceGaming popularity poll and Reimu is there!
Reimu is 4th (in case you are too lazy to see the site or not understanding Japanese or something else )

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice

Holy crap, I saw the picture on the tweet, and I already knew Reimu ranked 4th on that poll! I was over the moon when I saw this! I really don't think this survey was done by Nintendo themselves, or even Sora. Limited., but imagine how much this would mean for Reimu if it was! There definitely not going to give the spot over to the #1 most voted character in every region, if Harada's words are anything to go by! Do you know what this means?! SHE MAY LEGITIMATELY HAVE A SHOT! SHE MIGHT BE MORE LIKELY THAN WE ALL THOUGHT! AHHHH I'M SO HAPPY, I COULD SCREAM!!!

gooeyPhantasm

Smash Rookie
WOW! This is such an exciting time! Now, let’s hype responsibly, everyone. I think seeing that she’s the fourth most wanted character, it’s reasonable that she’ll get something, perhaps a costume with a song, or maybe a spirit event. And YES, she is definitely A POSSIBILITY. god im so excited, i really hope the rumours of it being at Tokyo Game Show are true.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Masahiro Sakurai himself was 10th on the poll

I still can't get over this

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Amogus is more baffling
The only thing more baffling than that is the Imposter ranking higher than Sakurai, lol

And yes, G gooeyPhantasm , you are right. We mustn't get too ahead of ourselves, lest we set ourselves up for disappointment. From now on, I will think about sad things instead, like never going to Reitaisai in my lifetime! /j

Last edited:

zriL

Smash Journeyman
Is there anything about the sample size ? Sounds like a random small poll to me.

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Whaddaya know, ZUN acknowledged Mima for once

(Disclaimer: I do not know the context on this)
LOL. Almost all the replies are either saying the exact same thing you just said, or talking about how cute ZUN is (both JP and EN replies).
And yes, I only care about the latter, Mima can go suck my stay in the PC-98 void for all I care.

Last edited:

VicAdward

Smash Apprentice

WHAT

WHAT

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Ah, it seems that the PC-98 picture with ZUN tweeted by BeatMario was for Reitaisai. They usually play the games on their streams. What a surprise~
(Actually, yeah. This is a surprise to me. I can't believe no one (especially myself) was able to pick up or comment on this!)

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
OH SH**! I meant to post this days ago! Can't believe I didn't do that...
So, uh... if you excuse me...
ahem

YOOO CHECK OUT THIS WEIRD SH** THAT WAS IN SOME MALL IN JAPAN! ISN'T IS CRAZY?!?!?! BRO WHY DO JAPAN ALWAYS GET THE COOL SH** LIKE WHY CAN'T WE GET THAT SH** HERE IN MURICA?!?1?!?!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Oh hey, we're getting an official Lotus Eaters translation
https://global.bookwalker.jp/de9c77...ve-no-recollection-of-the-night-before-part1/
Supposedly, there's also some odd translation choices, like youkai becoming ghouls, tengu news being "shinto paper," etc. Dunno if the renames are the only issue or if the entire translation is a trainwreck, though. (On that note, what's the Forbidden Scrollery translation like? Does that have any issues or is it alright?)

In other news, 17.5 now has a confirmed release date. Hopefully this one sticks...
東方剛欲異聞 ~ 水没した沈愁地獄 on Steam (steampowered.com)

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
On that note, what's the Forbidden Scrollery translation like? Does that have any issues or is it alright?
Ohoho, mi compadre, glad you asked! You see, I actually have all seven volumes of the localized books in my possesion (even if I only read a couple of them...I'm a huge procrastinator. orz)
From what I got so far, there are some really bizarre translating choices made in the first book from the localization of Akyuu's full name (Hieda no Akyuu to Akyu Hiedano) to the fact that the felt the need to put a translators note for rare books (they literally define it as a book that is hard to find; high in scarcity. I acually laughed out loud when I first saw that! It must've meant something more in the original, but this really didn't show it.) I would fully expect more of these pop up at least a few times in all the other chapters as well.

In other news, 17.5 now has a confirmed release date. Hopefully this one sticks...
Oh my god, this month?! I thought it would be way later into the year.

I will be first in line to see this game. Mark my f***ing words. If they don't deliver, I will be genuinely
pissed off. They've held this out for so long. My patience is wearing thin.

(Even though the one criteria I have for this game is that they don't back down and actually include the characters from the 17th like they said they would. So, y'know, it's like the barest f***ing minimum to achieve. Oh, and I also expect, y'know, the story to be at least serviceable.)

Ever since 17 came out, I've been wanting these characters and the story to be expanded upon. I feel like a grandiose story would be best fitting for these characters, considering the tone of the original game, and the sheer magnitude of the incident (Yes, there were other incidents that were also very serious, but THIS is the game that has is getting a direct tie-in, much like what 15 is to 8). Quite a few people wanted some of the characters in the series to be further explained, and I hope that this would do them justice.

VicAdward

Smash Apprentice
Oh hey, we're getting an official Lotus Eaters translation
https://global.bookwalker.jp/de9c77dda1-ad7f-4ec4-b38b-237e48c5a5dd/the-lotus-eaters-drunk-and-sober chapter-1-drunks-have-no-recollection-of-the-night-before-part1/
Supposedly, there's also some odd translation choices, like youkai becoming ghouls, tengu news being "shinto paper," etc. Dunno if the renames are the only issue or if the entire translation is a trainwreck, though. (On that note, what's the Forbidden Scrollery translation like? Does that have any issues or is it alright?)

東方剛欲異聞 ~ 水没した沈愁地獄 on Steam (steampowered.com)

I just had a feeling that they're waiting Kanako's new remix(or 17.5 full release) before adding Reimu in Smash...

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
OH SH**! I meant to post this days ago! Can't believe I didn't do that...
So, uh... if you excuse me...
ahem

YOOO CHECK OUT THIS WEIRD SH** THAT WAS IN SOME MALL IN JAPAN! ISN'T IS CRAZY?!?!?! BRO WHY DO JAPAN ALWAYS GET THE COOL SH** LIKE WHY CAN'T WE GET THAT SH** HERE IN MURICA?!?1?!?!
That is a huge ****ing ad for a mobile game. Holy christ.

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
We should just all post memes of the games on the day they are getting their anniversaries! Today is Touhou 14 and 17's 8-year and 2-year anniversaries! Tomorrow will be 13's 10-year anniversary! It will be our own little Hanukkah~!
I shall do my part as well...

Touhou 14:

Touhou 17:

Last edited:
Top Bottom