• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
It's in the Forbidden Scrollery manga, in chapter 25. Here's a link to it.
That was from 5 years ago!

Not upset nor complaining, but to remind everyone in this thread:
Touhou originated as a videogame, so thus, Reimu is still viable.

Last edited:

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Seeing as it hasn't been posted here yet, thought I might as well do it myself
Oh hey its me.

Also the crossover collaborations from the original 3DS version are still in the Switch remake of Taiko no Tatsujin rhythmic adventure along with anybody else.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Oh hey its me.

Also the crossover collaborations from the original 3DS version are still in the Switch remake of Taiko no Tatsujin rhythmic adventure along with anybody else.
Not upset nor complaining, but I've already aforementioned that still nobody knows Reimu and Marisa's names despite their dozens of appearances. I'm curious, has Reimu made more appearances outside of her home series than Ren (Persona)?

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey its me.

Finally a bigger quality version of this image.

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
When was this said? This seems like something that would be referenced a bit more in discussions.
Could you please explain and provide more context? I still want Jibanyan to be playable.
My bad, y'all...apparently, this just happens to be a trivial rumor spread amongst certain parts of the fan-base (mostly YouTube and GameFaqs). I just did some research and cannot find any credible sources reporting it.

Last year, I heard a good chunk of people claim that GF would not allow any other creature-taming franchises (i.e, Yo-Kai Watch or Digimon) in Smash other than their own. The reason for this remained unknown; thereby reducing this rumor as total nonsense.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78134657

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
My bad, y'all...apparently, this just happens to be a trivial rumor spread amongst certain parts of the fan-base (mostly YouTube and GameFaqs). I just did some research and cannot find any credible sources reporting it.

Last year, I heard a good chunk of people claim that GF would not allow any other creature-taming franchises (i.e, Yo-Kai Watch or Digimon) in Smash other than their own. The reason for this remained unknown; thereby reducing this rumor as total nonsense.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78134657

Well, Gamefaqs is a pretty fertile spot for tryhard leakers who came up with all sorts of nonsense.
Remember last year when one guy tried to argue that Sakurai didn't actually like Persona for... no reason other than to maybe fuel the alarmism around the fact that Nintendo was choosing the DLCs? Yeah this TPC is pretty much on the same. If they are ok with Pikachu getting shot by actual guns they definitely wouldn't fear the presence of another monster collecting game in Smash (especially since it's not like any of them actually qualify as actual competitors to the most powerful brand on the planet).

Any way to go back on topic: It's cool that they keeping the cameos of the Taiko RPG in the Western version, it gives more exposure to Touhou and we aren0t deprived of cool content. I might consider picking it up in the future after my backlog is reduced.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
To get back on topic:

No offense to anyone, not complaining nor upet, but my reaction to Reimu detractors (the people who want Reimu to be unplayable) kinda reminds me of this video. Though my situation isn't as extreme as this.

In this video above, Sammy Zenith is trying to discourage people from asking for Sonic Adventure 3. While he wants to have a 3D environment Classic Sonic game. Sammy asks, "Why do we need Sonic Adventure 3? Why can't we have a 3D environment Classic Sonic game?"

I don't want to be rude, but to compare with my situation, it sorta bugs me when people wish for Reimu to be excluded from the Smash roster. And I react by saying something along the lines of "Why can't we just have Bomberman, Crash Bandicoot, Reimu (Touhou), and Terry (King of Fighters) all be playable in the same roster? Why should Reimu and Terry (King of Fighters) be demoted to assist trophies just to make way for other characters? Even if Reimu and Terry (King of Fighters) got excluded from Smash 6, many people might react negatively"

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
To get back on topic:

No offense to anyone, not complaining nor upet, but my reaction to Reimu detractors (the people who want Reimu to be unplayable) kinda reminds me of this video. Though my situation isn't as extreme as this.

In this video above, Sammy Zenith is trying to discourage people from asking for Sonic Adventure 3. While he wants to have a 3D environment Classic Sonic game. Sammy asks, "Why do we need Sonic Adventure 3? Why can't we have a 3D environment Classic Sonic game?"

I don't want to be rude, but to compare with my situation, it sorta bugs me when people wish for Reimu to be excluded from the Smash roster. And I react by saying something along the lines of "Why can't we just have Bomberman, Crash Bandicoot, Reimu (Touhou), and Terry (King of Fighters) all be playable in the same roster? Why should Reimu and Terry (King of Fighters) be demoted to assist trophies just to make way for other characters? Even if Reimu and Terry (King of Fighters) got excluded from Smash 6, many people might react negatively"
Perhaps I remember incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure you've posted this before. Either way, your previous comments have generally had the same message as this one. You've made your opinions very, very clear by now.

If I'm going to be honest, it's getting both repetitive and tiring. You're always going on and on about Reimu's detractors 24/7, always that Reimu deserves to be in and that they're wrong. Yes, Reimu does deserve a spot on the roster, yes, we disagree with her detractors, enough already. You're going in circles, and it's been dragging the thread along. Frankly, it's getting annoying now. Time to move on. If Reimu's detractors bother you so much, just don't focus on them.

And what does the video have to do with anything? That the Smash fandom is unpleasable? If that's the case, why does it matter who gets in and who doesn't? Aren't people going to complain anyways?

And why do you always have to clarify where characters are from? We know these guys already, and either way it just looks awkward to read.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Perhaps I remember incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure you've posted this before. Either way, your previous comments have generally had the same message as this one. You've made your opinions very, very clear by now.
I don't remember posting it before.

If I'm going to be honest, it's getting both repetitive and tiring. You're always going on and on about Reimu's detractors 24/7, always that Reimu deserves to be in and that they're wrong. Yes, Reimu does deserve a spot on the roster, yes, we disagree with her detractors, enough already. You're going in circles, and it's been dragging the thread along. Frankly, it's getting annoying now. Time to move on. If Reimu's detractors bother you so much, just don't focus on them.
I just wanted to express my opinions. Simple as that. And I've already said it too many times already.

Aren't people going to complain anyways?
I'm trying to discourage detractors from ranting and I want them to understand why and how Reimu, Terry, and Heroes (Dragon Quest) would merit to be playable. How can I convince them?

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I don't remember posting it before.
Then that's on me.
I just wanted to express my opinions. Simple as that.
You have expressed your opinion multiple times over, again and again and again. You don't need to repeat yourself.
I'm trying to discourage detractors from ranting and I want them to understand why and how Reimu, Terry, and Heroes (Dragon Quest) would merit to be playable. How can I convince them?
The heck are you talking about? I haven't seen anyone around these parts ranting about Reimu, especially not on her support thread. Either you're taking your arguments to the wrong place, or you're fighting someone who doesn't exist.

Even if they're not ranting, some people's minds are just set. Some people are just stubborn, or maybe their standards are just different. Trust me, it's more trouble than it's worth. Stop stressing over it so much.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
You have expressed your opinion multiple times over, again and again and again. You don't need to repeat yourself.
Alright. I don't think I need to repeat myself anymore.

The heck are you talking about? I haven't seen anyone around these parts ranting about Reimu, especially not on her support thread. Either you're taking your arguments to the wrong place, or you're fighting someone who doesn't exist.

Even if they're not ranting, some people's minds are just set. Some people are just stubborn, or maybe their standards are just different. Trust me, it's more trouble than it's worth. Stop stressing over it so much.
I've heard detractors rant and/or whine about Reimu, Terry, and Heroes (Dragon Quest) elsewhere several times, but not in this thread. However, I still want them to be convinced that Reimu merits to be playable, but I could accept their ignorance for now.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright. I don't think I need to repeat myself anymore.

I've heard detractors rant and/or whine about Reimu, Terry, and Heroes (Dragon Quest) elsewhere several times, but not in this thread. However, I still want them to be convinced that Reimu merits to be playable, but I could accept their ignorance for now.
If you want to change their minds that badly, then you're in the wrong place. If they're ranting or whining about Reimu, they definitely won't be checking around her support thread.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
It says a lot about the community when we're making covers of a cover
This is long enough to avoid doubleposting, right?
That's not even talking about all the remixes and cover that Nights of Nights or Bad Apple got over the years, hell, FalKKone even already made a remix of EastNewSound's famous U.N. Owen Was Her? cover they did over a decade ago last year
The fact that this isn't even that unusual says even more about the community and how much the Touhou fanbase loves remixes.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
That's not even talking about all the remixes and cover that Nights of Nights or Bad Apple got over the years, hell, FalKKone even already made a remix of EastNewSound's famous U.N. Owen Was Her? cover they did over a decade ago last year
The fact that this isn't even that unusual says even more about the community and how much the Touhou fanbase loves remixes.
Here's the original:

Last edited:

zriL

Smash Journeyman
New character revealed tonight at TGA. I'm not really expecting Reimu for this one, she's not a very good pick for a western event. But it's still possible if the character wasn't planned to be revealed there initially.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Wait up, considering Sakurai himself literally promoted the fans to watch TGA in Japanese. Does that mean there will be a caption for other languages? Since this event are all digital because of covid-19 so they have a headstart on what order without any pauses.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I don't really expect anyone in particular and will (most likely) sleep trough it (at least I hope) because of my timezone. I'm hoping for Reimu, no matter what the odds are, and I guess that I'll see when I wake up tomorow.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Wait up, considering Sakurai himself literally promoted the fans to watch TGA in Japanese. Does that mean there will be a caption for other languages? Since this event are all digital because of covid-19 so they have a headstart on what order without any pauses.
Im told part of it will be streamed from tokyo as well as london. So its possible he can present it himself

Top Bottom