• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Mailtime question (unless it can be answered here): Where is Stamp's Brawl Review? The last time I checked, the link that led to it was broken.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Mailtime questions!

This one kinda goes with MM's, but where can we find the non-YouTube'd episodes of SmashDash?

Also, this one could go to anyone, really, but what's a good name for a dog?

Also also, how do y'all feel about some Wii homebrew developments, including a USB ISO loader and a DS emulator, overshadowing Nintendo's GDC announcements?

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they are allowed to talk about homebrew anymore since they are trying to get friendly with MLG (in order to have them host the podcast). But if they can, then I'd like to know how they feel about the new code that takes off the 256 line limit. The people who were pro-hacking in the Brawl+ debate were talking about how it was a blessing and a curse to be limited by the 256 lines.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Also also, how do y'all feel about some Wii homebrew developments, including a USB ISO loader and a DS emulator, overshadowing Nintendo's GDC announcements?
Source please, especially on the latter.

But yeah, we're technically not allowed to discuss hacking stuff on the podcast anymore.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Mailtime questions:

Rina-chan. If you were ever approached by Disney, Geneon, Funimation, etc... for a voice acting job would you take it or would you prefer to keep creative control/work with your friends?
Considering that she HAS started doing commercial voice over as of last year (for example, voicing Karen from Luminous Arc 2 for DS), I'd say that answers your question pretty nicely.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Source please, especially on the latter.

But yeah, we're technically not allowed to discuss hacking stuff on the podcast anymore.
Actually, they're both unreleased right now, but you can get some discussion and a video of the DS emulator here, and a little back-and-forth between Marcan and Team Twiizers and Waninkoko regarding the ISO loader. You can also check the GBAtemp thread for discussion about the USB loader, although it's less straight from the horse's mouth(or horses' mouths in this case).

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Considering that she HAS started doing commercial voice over as of last year (for example, voicing Karen from Luminous Arc 2 for DS), I'd say that answers your question pretty nicely.
.....Ah.

Skip that then. I was just trying to get questions in since no one else was. =P

....hey Cyberlink.... Is Luminous Arc 2 any good? I enjoyed the first one til it got stolen on me.

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
Mailtime Questions for 2nd:
How the heck do you make those characters for Super Nuke Bros Melee?!?
Any characters we can expect to come?

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I was only around for a few parts of it. The highlights were: Rina's sexy laugh every minute and the end finale where everyone started voice-acting randomly.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I must say, listening to the live stream is more fun than listening to just the download :)

I really enjoyed the episode and I definitely wont miss another live stream.

I'll be more active in the chat next time. I was playing Madworld ATM ^_^

:034:

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Guests were good and so were the interviews

any time Brawl was discussed it was good as always, however I don't think covering general gaming is your guy's strongest suit, maybe because you were pressed for time

Tennet

Smash Champion
Every time i listen to this I keep reminding myself how much I want to hang out with you guys and well the whole MI smash community =P

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Guests were good and so were the interviews

any time Brawl was discussed it was good as always, however I don't think covering general gaming is your guy's strongest suit, maybe because you were pressed for time
With someone stopping in every once in a while wanting to interview us for his documentary, we were ABSOLUTELY pressed for time. :ohwell:

TheWorld

Smash Rookie
I only got to listen to the first bit before I had to stop. Overall it was great. Hearing Bryan Waterman's name come up was a treat. He makes some really good stuff. I knew him back in High School, kinda. He was a senior when I was a sophomore. Once again, good episode from what I heard and I can't wait for the download.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
A very nice episode indeed, Youko. Kudos to everyone involved.

Also, I got to see the trailer for Smashed Together earlier, and it's looking very nice thus far. Good luck to Rofa with the rest of production!

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Mailtime Questions for 2nd:
How the heck do you make those characters for Super Nuke Bros Melee?!?
Any characters we can expect to come?
I draw them in line-art first, using a reference picture or two. Always draw them in parts, since thats the way your going to end up animating them. You draw one character from atleast 4 different angles (for spinning and such), but the side view is more important however. I use Flash 8, and I use textures and gradients for my characters. I delete the lines after filling them up. And also, I draw everything I do (including Guns of the Awesome) with a mouse. I just don't have the money for a tablet, but a mouse is working out for me anyways.

And the Interview? Great!
By the way, the sleep wasn't so bad after all. My girlfriend made it a hell of a lot easier. =)

So yeah, HEEPS of fun on the show last night. It was great getting to talk to Kirbopher, since I had never really talked to him before. Rina, Kirb and I even schedualed a meetup at Comic Con! Thanks for having me once again.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Episode time length will be 120:36.

I'm pretty proud of the Easter Egg for the minimal editing I did of it, not gonna lie.

So yeah, hopefully a link will be up by 7 PM Eastern.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Oh man, are you kidding me? 2nd Stamp! Contact me! Let's get all of Smash Dash hosted on the Smash Nexus!!!

Moozle

Smash Champion
I really enjoyed the newest episode :) So funny when they are all yelling "Up the Butt Charizard!"

Also I thought you guys did a good job commentating on that Anther vs. Omniswell fight

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Lmao, I sound so dumb :(
If by "dumb," you mean "unique in the fact that you were the first consistently contributing female guest on the show," then yes.

However, my twisted definition aside, I would be inclined to disagree with this statement. Top-notch job, Rina-chan. :)

Top Bottom