• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's not possible to do a detailed retrospective about Brawl without it turning into an absurdly long episode...

Thanks Buzz and everyone who stuck it out in the Stickam chat!!
Let's ballpark it. What, there are 35 characters in Brawl (this is combining transformations/Pokemon, mind you). If you were to spend ten minutes on each individual character, that'd hit around 350 minutes, which is almost six hours. Heck, if we instead spend a slightly more realistic five minutes each, that's still THREE hours, which is still pretty long.

Yeah. Long time.

Either way though, can't wait to actually listen to the episode. Feed kept cutting in and out on me, so I just gave up listening to it live. :(

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
*rusty at competitive Brawl*

I'm starting to edit the episode now, which will kinda be a pain in the ***. Maybe it'll be done by 8 PM Eastern tonight?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
We're going to have to split the episode into two parts...

It's 200 minutes long total...eep.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to hearing Link's discussion. I hope that Izaw and Deva were mentioned as prominent Link players. (And me!)

Also, big ups to me for suggesting the idea of discussing every single character way (post #12521, page 835). (Thats right. Direct citation!) Of course, they were probably planning that from the very beginning. Anyways, it might not have my greatest idea since I couldn't stay up long enough to listen to the whole thing. I can't wait to hear the rest of it.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065

Button Config for MK players, speaks for itself.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Time to tinker around with Brawl texture hacks and the like on Stickam.

Several game freezes likely, lol.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I'm assuming you mean Zelgadis' theme? Youtube it.

Wow. No posts since I went to work?

Well I listened to the podcast. Hating the Sonic boards aside I'm happy with Sonic's review. ^_^ We haven't spammed and been ***** in QUITE a while. Well outside of our Xat chat.

Ummm.... Panda... Check out san. A very good Ike from New York. I think he's better than Kirk.

****... I suck at remembering things that were said... there's a LOT of stuff I know I wanted to comment on..... I mostly agree with you guys though.

So. This is my favorite episode. Just beating out Metaknight debate, Pandacast series and Gimpy's first appearance. Excellent work.

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
I haven't gotten much of a chance to listen to the new episode, so I'm still only on part 1 with 20 minutes left, but so far I'm loving what I'm hearing. I only wish that we had the iTunes hosting back so I can shut off my iPod and when I turn it back on I don't need to re-find my place. Regardless, awesome episode so far!

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Snake! Sorry to bother you, but I've got BIG NEWS!

What? Not another absurd objective, I hope.

Are you familiar with the Dolphin Emulator?

Ah... that Nintendo Gamecube emulator thing...

Yes. Actually, they are now playing Wii roms as well. You have been requested to join the Brawl once again. This time... on the COMPUTER!

IT'S SHOWTIME! (Sweet Japanese accent)

Basically, Super Smash Bros Brawl is playable on the computer! Here is a video of it.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
I loved Panda's "I have a weird snake" conversation. Such an epic "That's what she said".

"They all tell me I have a really strange snake"
"I can keep up with these people because I have a really weird snake"

<3

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I only wish that we had the iTunes hosting back so I can shut off my iPod and when I turn it back on I don't need to re-find my place. Regardless, awesome episode so far!
You don't need the show to be hosted on iTunes to be able to do this. Just right click on the episode on iTunes, "Get Info", and then under the options tab (?) there should be a tickbox called 'remember playback position'.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'm not sure if the next podcast is an SBR episode or just a regular SMYN episode, but I think some good topics to touch on would be:

-The Planking situation. Should a 70 ledge grab rule be in effect?
-Texture hacks. They're now possible with Gecko OS and they're so **** good. What textures does SP and Youko have installed? What textures would be super badass if they were created?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Invites have been sent out to three guests for Episode 48. As soon as I hear back from them, we'll start pitching the episode advertisements, cuz it could be a great one!

Mad pre-hype, y'all?

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Better believe there's mad hype. Given who you're trying to get, if you manage to get all three, it could very well be one of the most epic episodes in the history of forever.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
GET YO' HYPE READY!

(of course, tentatively planned, subject to change)

Episode 48 (03/29) - You Can Have...
Sunday, March 29th, 5:00 PM Eastern

Planned Guests:
Rina-chan (Writer: Brawl Taunts, voice actress)
Kirbopher (Animator: Brawl Taunts, writer, artist)
Callum Stamp (Writer/Animator: Smash Dash, Writer/Animator: Guns of the Awesome)

OH YEAH, Mailtime Questions for this episode would be pretty amazing, guys...

Don't let me down.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
YES! A flash animator who won't waste the entire podcast swearing every five seconds! (At least, I'm pretty sure none of them will...)

Top Bottom