• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I am pretty sure I will always like The Dark Knight more for being more grounded in reality, but Watchmen looks pretty cool.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
This just in: Sonic and the Black Knight does not deserve to have an "adventure mode" when the bloody thing takes TWO TO THREE HOURS to defeat the final boss. Don't try telling me about the extra missions, multiplayer battle mode, or the wifi features, that's just SAD.

GG, SEGA.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Me and Kuto played through Black Knight the other night just for the laughs. Sega is starting to get an Uwe Boll kind of thing going, where I always make sure to check out their latest stuff cause I know I'm gonna enjoy hating it.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
WTF, that wasn't the final boss??

What kind of game plays credits after the story's major antagonist (to that point) is defeated? And the story wasn't over??

F this game.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
The dumb part is, its like, the halfway point. I understand when you play a game for about 10 hours, then the credits roll and after that there is a small extra mission afterwards. But you don't throw credits into the middle like that.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Continuing the talk about Black knight, IGN was the only ones so far to give a overly negative review (according to the scores) meanwhile it has gotten two 6.0's a 7.0, 7.8, and a 8.0.

(I think I might be the only one in this thread who enjoyed the game)

P.S. I actually remember people complaining that if a sonic game was short no one would care...

Edit: Apparently Gamepro gave it a 2.5 out of five.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I think its about time we drop the conversation about the craptastic Sonic game and take a look at the new MadWorld game that was just released today. It looks tooooo good. IGN already gave it a 9.0. Unfortunately, its already getting flak for how violent it is. This particular article made me lol.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I think its about time we drop the conversation about the craptastic Sonic game and take a look at the new MadWorld game that was just released today. It looks tooooo good. IGN already gave it a 9.0. Unfortunately, its already getting flak for how violent it is. This particular article made me lol.
First, even more support for my theory :'( . Second Madworld does look good, I think I might rent it sometime. Third, your citing IGN? The place that said the cell phone in GTA 4 was the most inovative feature to be put in any game of this generation.

Edit: Also, if I recall correctly there was a interview in which some game developers openly mocked IGN.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I've beaten the main storyline now, and I agree with most of IGN's comments. However, I probably would have given it a higher score number-wise; something closer to a 5, I'd say. But then again, I hate giving number scores to things, and prefer to let the review speak for itself. Also, it's got one of my favorite bosses from any of the 3D Sonic games yet.

The place that said the cell phone in GTA 4 was the most inovative feature to be put in any game of this generation.
Source? Because I read/listen to IGN, and I'm pretty sure they never said that.

But seriously, enough about Sonic. Back to the MAD HYPE for the podcast, please.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Source? Because I read/listen to IGN, and I'm pretty sure they never said that.
I could have sworn I read that on the IGN review, but after checking it they didn't... but it doesn't change that they said that GTA 4 was "pushing boundaries, expanding a genre, and doing many things to a level so far above and beyond its competitors that they overshadows any flaws" and in my opinion GTA 4 was a step back from San Andreas.

But now onto MAD HYPE for the Brawliversary podcast!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Neat. Hey Youko! Ever get invited for the Big Bald Broadcast? Also is it any good. XD The only podcasts I listen to are SMYN and Downloadable Content(Penny Arcade)
I don't think they really do the whole guest thing. But is it good? I don't think you can deny Kyle Hebert's and Otherworld Steve's credentials - they probably know more about the gaming and anime culture than most of us can imagine.

Wow... they stole the idea of a dictionary for their podcast.
Who could blame them? It's a fantastic idea.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I don't think they really do the whole guest thing. But is it good? I don't think you can deny Kyle Hebert's and Otherworld Steve's credentials - they probably know more about the gaming and anime culture than most of us can imagine.
IIRC, they've only done guests once or twice. However, what would be REALLY awesome is if we could somehow get them to guest on SMYN...one can dream...

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I'm still having trouble getting subscribed via iTunes.

You have NO IDEA how much easier that makes it for me to keep up to date on these things. Is there any chance of that being fixed, or that it's already fixed and I just don't know what I'm doing? When I use the link on the first post, it says it's not available in the US stores...

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
I'm still having trouble getting subscribed via iTunes.

You have NO IDEA how much easier that makes it for me to keep up to date on these things. Is there any chance of that being fixed, or that it's already fixed and I just don't know what I'm doing? When I use the link on the first post, it says it's not available in the US stores...
That's because when MLG bought Smashboards, all the feeds were stopped. So MLG needs to put them back up on their servers for the iTunes links to work - it's out of Youko's hands. After many pleas for it to be fixed, it still hasn't happened yet. :/ Patience, I hope?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
That's because when MLG bought Smashboards, all the feeds were stopped. So MLG needs to put them back up on their servers for the iTunes links to work - it's out of Youko's hands. After many pleas for it to be fixed, it still hasn't happened yet. :/ Patience, I hope?
Alright. I'd heard that was what it was, but I thought I had heard it was fixed at some point. Thanks bunches Swordy. ^_^

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, we're technically not allowed to make any references to Brawl+ and the sort anymore on the podcast because of legality issues in case we become associated with MLG. But it's still hella cool, thanks for sharing!

If you guys were looking forward to me being a guest on the aforementioned "End of the Week" podcast, that has been delayed to tomorrow at 4 PM Eastern.

That means that I'll have two podcasts in one day, as ep. 47 is TOMORROW at 8 PM! I'll share the guests with you hopefully later tonight. MAD HYPE, Y'ALL!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I guess they didn't really check the audio. That's too bad, it was fun - but they'll release a download soon, cuz it was a worthy listen.

But anyway, two hours until OUR podcast. Buzz is going to be our guest, so w00000t!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's not possible to do a detailed retrospective about Brawl without it turning into an absurdly long episode...

Thanks Buzz and everyone who stuck it out in the Stickam chat!!

Top Bottom