• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

Darkurai

Smash Master
Youko, I'll ask you since you seem to know and I sure can't figure it out.

Where is the download page on Stack Smash?

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
That's because GoNintendo put up a news story about how they now had the Syntax Error patch available, and the sudden surge in traffic/downloads used up all their bandwidth. So now they're hosting the file off-site to prevent it from happening again.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The preview clip is on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aBjl3pCV_c

However, about 25 minutes of the documentary (still a work in progress, will be finished in the winter) is going to be shown at a student film festival in Ann Arbor at around 7 PM. I'm really looking forward to seeing that today and I'll give you guys feedback on how it's coming together.

Anth0ny

Smash Master

However, about 25 minutes of the documentary (still a work in progress, will be finished in the winter) is going to be shown at a student film festival in Ann Arbor at around 7 PM. I'm really looking forward to seeing that today and I'll give you guys feedback on how it's coming together.
Sounds like it's coming along nicely. This thing is going to be awesome. I'm going to hold a screening at my house with all my non smasher friends when it is released :laugh:

Hopefully some footage is shot at "The FINAL Only in Niagara", which is a huge tournament that is going to take place in Nigara Falls, Canada a week before Genesis.

Darkurai

Smash Master

7 PM today?

This documentary will be put online eventually, right? I wanna see it really bad.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I know this might not be the right place for this, but I have something I think is worth sharing. I am going to be back at my old high school coaching the hurdles for the track teams. I run track for my university so they felt I was qualified to coach high schoolers.

What does any of this have to do with Show Me Your News?

Well I got one of their team shirts. And I couldn't help but laugh:

Okay maybe it's more of a Captain Falcon thing, but I'm sure Youko would appreciate this.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
What an awesome hoodie...

Anyway, I know it's off-topic, but we need opinions to settle a conflict of beliefs: Appa from Avatar the Last Airbender - Bison...or Beaver?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Good to know, all, thanks. Panda is adamant that Appa is a beaver because of his tail.

:ohwell:

Anyway, trying to buffer in attacks in SFIV is so annoying and difficult. Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness is the same as, if not worse than Pokémon Colosseum. And word travels fast regarding the Best Buy $10 game sale. That's what I learned this weekend.

Darkurai

Smash Master
So I was on the Nintendo Channel today, seeing if there's any DS demos I want to download (as doing that was the direct cause of my purchasing Phoenix Wright and Rhythm Heaven), when I see a video in the "new" area called "Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tutorial 8". Now of course I'm wondering "What kind of tutorial would need 8 parts, and why would they bother putting it on a channel mostly designed for advertising new games this late into Brawl's lifespan?"

So, out of curiosity, I took a look at it. And the video was about Super Armor and Auto Cancelling.

On the Nintendo Channel.

...what?

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
So I was on the Nintendo Channel today, seeing if there's any DS demos I want to download (as doing that was the direct cause of my purchasing Phoenix Wright and Rhythm Heaven), when I see a video in the "new" area called "Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tutorial 8". Now of course I'm wondering "What kind of tutorial would need 8 parts, and why would they bother putting it on a channel mostly designed for advertising new games this late into Brawl's lifespan?"

So, out of curiosity, I took a look at it. And the video was about Super Armor and Auto Cancelling.

On the Nintendo Channel.

...what?
What's worse is that if you watch the first part, you realize that the guy who made the tutorials works for Evo.

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
That's rough Youko. I hope you can get out of that funk. I've had those moments too (maybe not that much) but I understand.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
What's worse is that if you watch the first part, you realize that the guy who made the tutorials works for Evo.
IDK why you guys are still bashing EVO they did nothing to hurt our community at all.

We would have been better off with EVO instead of MLG

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I only got around to listening to episode 48 today and let me say,
1.) Great
2.) What a finish to the episode!

Oh I almost forgot to ask, because I'm just getting into this podcast, I'd like to inquire the reason behind the change of format for the downloads of the episodes. Episode 48 you have to listen to on the browser, unless you have quick time which I don't on my laptop. Episode 38 was downloaded right onto the computer, I like that because then I can put it on my DS and listen to it anywhere. Is there a way I can continue doing that?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Oh I almost forgot to ask, because I'm just getting into this podcast, I'd like to inquire the reason behind the change of format for the downloads of the episodes. Episode 48 you have to listen to on the browser, unless you have quick time which I don't on my laptop. Episode 38 was downloaded right onto the computer, I like that because then I can put it on my DS and listen to it anywhere. Is there a way I can continue doing that?
This has come up a few times in the thread, but you only need to Control+S or File> Save Page As while you're on the quicktime MP3-playing tab. The change on whether on not the files are saved or opened in-browser might have something to do with the last ten-or-so episodes being hosted on Smash Nexus.

Also, Youko, is there any chance we'll get a temporary-farewell SMYN extravaganza (or maybe just an episode), before you go on hiatus?

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
At the very least, regardless of the podcast's status, I still hope to finish production on the radio play by the show's 2nd anniversary, giving me a little over two months to go.

...too bad my current writer's block isn't helping.

Top Bottom