• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
The download for this ep finally worked for me last night...

However, I had to convert it into an mp3 to play it on my iPod, which is how I always listen to my SMYN.

So Youko/SamuraiPanda, PLEASE return the audio file to the format it used to be... Once I convert it, it stays on my 'music' rather than my 'podcasts,' and I'm so OCD, it drives me insane. XD

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
No one thinks to download it from the website. That's the entire point of me doing it, so that it doesn't take hours.
That is exactly what I did Darkurai.

So I just watched The Dark Knight. Pretty freakin' sweet movie, even if I knew all the twists beforehand.
I know right?!

So.... I guess I cannot get into the realm... That saddens me.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
All right, I'll be without internet until at least 5 PM tomorrow. Hooray for move-in!

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Youko and Swordy, Tommy is in the realm but Tomo isn't. Btw, great episodes of WTFP and great podcast I finished like an hour ago.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Man..I wish I had been there for the IRC..I forgot about it until today...

Oh, Swordy, guess what!!

I work at Subway.... :(
Oh, and Ganbatte ne!!!

I'm in Japanese 3 now..I was slightly the best student in my class, so I jumped from 1 to 3.. Tis fun.

I'm looking forward to all of the new spinoffs, and although I doubt I'd ever get picked as the winner of the art contest, I still want to be on the show eventually!!! Lulz, I'd be representin' the Utah crowd..cept not really, acause I'm a noob.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
OK, so, negi spoiled the realm wtf lol jk.

I'm gonna go on a quote fest real fast.

SHOW ME YOUR NEWSSSSSS

sup
*salutes*
One person (don't remember who) told me that it's not announced until the actual show.
Umm...pretty sure I said that to someone, because I'm pretty sure Youko said that in the podcast. And it makes sense, right? Keep the suspense up until the actual show?

Well...actually, idk now. The winner is defiently told beforehand if that is the case though.

So I just watched The Dark Knight. Pretty freakin' sweet movie, even if I knew all the twists beforehand.
Umm...you knew all the twists beforehand? Dang. I feel sorry for you. Oh wellz. At least you still liked it. I hate spoilers...I would have killed whoever ruined it for me lol.

Oh, and I'm partyin it up on stickam tomorrow if youko's internet is up by 5 like he said ^.^

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Panda, I heard the part where you talked about Batman Begins. You pointed out that the fighting scenes were really bad. The camera motion is indeed annoying, but the point is that the movie is not about the action. In fact, the action is one of the last reasons I enjoyed either of the new Batman movies. If anything, it is good that you disliked the action because that puts more emphasis on the storyline.

If you're looking for an action movie, The Dark Knight (like Batman Begins) lacks any freaking awesome choreographed fights, but the storytelling is so engaging! The Dark Knight is far more interesting than Batman Begins. You won't be disappointed (unless you go in expecting great fight scenes).

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I've just realised that episode 39 of SMYN and episode 39 of WTFP are gonna be released around the same time. Cool. :)

EDIT: And for UK Guitar Hero fans, I've just found out that Play.com are offering a free wireless bass guitar when you pre-order World Tour through them. This means you'll get drums, mic and TWO guitars for £149.99, which is less than Rock Band with only one guitar. Plus it's free delivery.

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/5817016/Guitar-Hero-World-Tour-Band-Bundle/Product.html

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Panda, I heard the part where you talked about Batman Begins. You pointed out that the fighting scenes were really bad. The camera motion is indeed annoying, but the point is that the movie is not about the action. In fact, the action is one of the last reasons I enjoyed either of the new Batman movies. If anything, it is good that you disliked the action because that puts more emphasis on the storyline.

If you're looking for an action movie, The Dark Knight (like Batman Begins) lacks any freaking awesome choreographed fights, but the storytelling is so engaging! The Dark Knight is far more interesting than Batman Begins. You won't be disappointed (unless you go in expecting great fight scenes).
QFT

Very well put.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
That wouldn't matter now since SMYN is done, but go to gamesurge.net/chat then type in you Nickname, then type in the chat box /join #smyn.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Quoted from the officially awsome SMYN dictionary on the officially amazing SMYN website:

"Bangin' Ballin' Brawlin' - N. The s**t apartment, the SMYN apartment."

Yeah, just to let you know, this was quoted for the freakin truth.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
"Bangin' Ballin' Brawlin'" is set up!

...Except I'm the only one here. Panda will be here tomorrow at the earliest (maybe Sunday) and Epic will be here on Sunday...

Maybe I'll get some form of Stickam set up in a while.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Quoted from the officially awsome SMYN dictionary on the officially amazing SMYN website:

"Bangin' Ballin' Brawlin' - N. The s**t apartment, the SMYN apartment."

Yeah, just to let you know, this was quoted for the freakin truth.
What
I didn't add that
Did Negi actually add it without being told?

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Yes. You all must listen to every episode of SMYN 5 times in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber today and eat ice cream all day. Bow down to the Great Lord and Master-Kun. (inside lolz)

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
Yes. You all must listen to every episode of SMYN 5 times in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber today and eat ice cream all day. Bow down to the Great Lord and Master-Kun. (inside lolz)

Dude, I would TOTALLY do that, but I don't have a Hyperbolic Timechamber, OR that kinda time.

But you know what? I'll check on the ice cream. Prolly won't work but I'll give it a shot.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
"Bangin' Ballin' Brawlin'" is set up!

...Except I'm the only one here. Panda will be here tomorrow at the earliest (maybe Sunday) and Epic will be here on Sunday...

Maybe I'll get some form of Stickam set up in a while.
ahhh muh bad i didn't know it'd take a while to set up stickam. Its ok no rush. Do you like the place your staying in?

What
I didn't add that
Did Negi actually add it without being told?
That was such a good definition, I don't think he needed any type of permission at all.

Happeh negi appreciation day. Does that mean its your birthday?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So, being a moderator comes with some special perks as some would imagine. One of these perks is being able to do some neat things on the boards. But this is the first time we're able to talk about one of these things. Apparently, mods can have blogs now. I set mine up here: http://smashboards.com/news/blogs/38565

Dunno what I'll do with it though, if I do anything at all.

I'm usually the type of person that says story >> action, but in the case of Batman I find that a difficult perception to have. Batman is a crime fighter. The movies hype you up for the boss fight scenes, and when he fights criminals. The story telling in Batman Begins was awesome, but it was centered around the fact he fights people. But the fighting was so poorly done that it bugged the hell out of me. Its one thing to have poorly choreographed fights, but a whole other thing to have, essentially, no fights whatsoever. But because I am such a fan of good stories (seriously, I love books), I know I'll like the Dark Knight to some extent, just like I liked Batman Begins to some extent as well. I just think my enjoyment would have been infinitely higher had they bothered to actually show Batman fighting in the first movie.

I'll get around to the Dark Knight eventually. And I know I'll love it. I'm just in no rush to see it.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Panda... go see The Dark Knight right now. No more not being in a rush. Go because Buzz said so, and Buzz is in the Realm.

Puffs

Smash Ace
So, being a moderator comes with some special perks as some would imagine. One of these perks is being able to do some neat things on the boards. But this is the first time we're able to talk about one of these things. Apparently, mods can have blogs now. I set mine up here: http://smashboards.com/news/blogs/38565

Dunno what I'll do with it though, if I do anything at all.

I'm usually the type of person that says story >> action, but in the case of Batman I find that a difficult perception to have. Batman is a crime fighter. The movies hype you up for the boss fight scenes, and when he fights criminals. The story telling in Batman Begins was awesome, but it was centered around the fact he fights people. But the fighting was so poorly done that it bugged the hell out of me. Its one thing to have poorly choreographed fights, but a whole other thing to have, essentially, no fights whatsoever. But because I am such a fan of good stories (seriously, I love books), I know I'll like the Dark Knight to some extent, just like I liked Batman Begins to some extent as well. I just think my enjoyment would have been infinitely higher had they bothered to actually show Batman fighting in the first movie.

I'll get around to the Dark Knight eventually. And I know I'll love it. I'm just in no rush to see it.
So in your opinion the new Batman movies are the exact opposite of the Star Wars prequels? I can understand that. The Dark Knight is worth seeing even if that is how you feel. I'm not going to spoil anything, so I'll just say that there are plenty of things that make up for lackluster fights.

Top Bottom