• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Darkurai

Smash Master
Episode 39 is now blogged and available on iTunes!

I'm stealing your job, Youko. *evil laugh*

Everyone, I will soon be putting Episode 39 up on the fansite, so as to save badwidth. If the download time is obscenely long like last month, I suggest waiting for the podcast to be put on the site.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Grr, Darkurai, how dare you take advantage of a dentist appointment...lol.

The episode is BLOGGED...which is IN THE REALM! OMG!

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Thanks, Dark! I was just downloading it so I could put it up on the site, but if you've got it covered, then that works fine.

Remember, the password for the FileFront account is
a secret

Also, LOL moderator double-post!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
just got it and im gunna listen will report back on opinion in 3 hours and when im done doing home work :(

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
For some reason ep 39 shows up in my itunes window, but It won't let me download it to my ipod. Weird huh? good thing I was there for the live stream.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, people have been reporting iPod problems, and I haven't the foggiest idea why...

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
This is what it says if you try to download it.

"SMYN: Episode 39 (08/26) - Brawl is Not in the Realm" was not copied to the ipod "*********" because it can not be played on this ipod.
Hope it helps at all. It seems pretty vauge to me. No rush I was there on stickam but other people might not have heard it yet.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I also had an iPod problem. I tried putting it on, and got that error. I tried again, and iTunes deleted everything on my 'pod. I then decided to switch to using winamp. It didn't work in that either, so I don't know what exactly is up.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I think I figured out what the problem is. When right-clicking the podcast and pressing 'Get Info', it says that the format is MPEG-1, Layer 2. All the other podcasts are Layer 3. I hope that helps.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
I also had an iPod problem. I tried putting it on, and got that error. I tried again, and iTunes deleted everything on my 'pod. I then decided to switch to using winamp. It didn't work in that either, so I don't know what exactly is up.
just wait a bit the server is a bit messed up right now

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Dear Youko, SMYN, if I'm not mistaken, is NOT in the realm!

Also, I couldn't figure out either the Thailand or the box things. Anyone want to spoiler it for me?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Yeah, I kinda realized that Blogged is after I posted that.

Also, to trapt, would it be Foxtrotter? I don't really get how the first person to talk has the box (which is not in the realm). Unless it refers to a "voicebox"...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
If you're wondering, I'm done with Stickam today. Turns out the Stickam server was so bad I couldn't log back in. That explains the lag, huh?

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Alright. I just got Show Me Your News episode 39 on my I-pod. I went through many different attempts and I'm not sure which one actually worked. Most of these steps that I'm about to give you are PROBABLY unneccessary but, if you want it on your I-pod, this will have to do.

So I started with downloading the podcast from I-Tunes. It wasn't able to go onto my I-pod. I later figured out that was because it is in a different format. I think Youko is the only one who can fix that. After that, I decided to delete the podcast and add it again. I put it in my recycling box and tried downloading the podcast on I-Tunes again. For some reason, it would only get downloaded halfway before stopping. After a few hours of reading a book while pressing refresh every time it stopped (which I don't think you should do), I gave up. A little bit later, I downloaded the podcast from Filefront. I don't remember whether I got it or not on the podcast page. Thats the only page I checked. Then I went into my recycling box and restored (ressurected) the original podcast that I downloaded from I-Tunes. Now whatever podcast was on my podcast page STILL wouldn't get into my I-pod. So I tried an option that I had seen earlier but was afraid to touch. Right click the podcast which is on your page (from restoring the original file or downloading the filefront one; not sure which) and click 'Convert Selection to AAC'. No ****ing idea what AAC means but I'm assuming its a format of some type. That took quite a while to convert and I was meanwhile reading my Rurouni Kenshin Manga (best series ever). When I looked up much later, I saw that the conversion had finished and the podcast was running on I-Tunes. If it matters at all, I was about 14 minutes through (it shouldn't matter...). I tried AGAIN and I couldn't get the podcast in the podcast menu to get on my I-pod. FINALLY, I checked my music, scrolled down to Youko for artist and saw the podcast formatted as a normal song. And I put it in my I-pod and lived happily ever after!

Sorry if thats a little long. I tried to remember everything I did to the best of my ability. I'm not sure which method actually worked to get the podcast in the music menu but, good luck if you are trying to do each method individually!

Wow... I may have just made my first contribution to the smash community (or at least the Show Me Your News community). It feels good. But I hope somebody doesn't post this exact same method a couple minutes before me. That would be really lame...

I'm MajorMoses, and I'm out!

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Actually.... go to the podcast section of SWF, click on Show Me Your News Episode 39 and then just download it and save it to Itunes.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Well, like I said. I'm sure there are other ways to do it. This is just how I did it and people were having trouble getting it on their I-pod before.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
lol yeah the lag was getting pretty crazy on stickam, it totally stopped working for a while on me earlier.

Yes watertails, you are right...unless, of course, the box is in the realm, in whichcase you are also right cause it would be a voiceboxx. Bu then, how is a box not in the realm? And how did Foxtrotter get it if he is in the realm??? <<<ZOMGz0rz mindgamz

Umm...I'm done with the realm thing, cause I think there have been plenty of jokes/hints lol.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Yes, converting to AAC or whatever works. Lol, did we ever figure out who Sakurai was?
Sweet! So I DID help out the SMYN community! Wooohoooo! I feel special. :chuckle:

I should TOTALLY get a shoutout in the next podcast. Who knows? Maybe Youko can't change the format of the podcast at the new apartment and we'll have to convert to AAC from now on in order to listen!

Edit: Well, if you have a video of this really being true and you also have a video of my little brother beating SepirothKen in Melee with a Pichu, then I will believe you. :)

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Eh, it turns out that the aac thing only got about 3 minutes of the podcast. And dowloading it from the internet is REALLY slow. I've been doing it for an hour and it's not even 1% yet...

I want to listen to SMYN! Especially for my shoutout... Although I am under a different name...

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
I am not a jerk. I am just telling the truth about things. Err... my computer finished the download in 3 minutes...

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
OK, so I've watched SMYN 39, and this realm thing still annoys the hell out of me, but in a different way. EVerytime I think I've got it, something throws me off completely. Stupid mind games...

Here's a question - how many people here actually figured it out and didn't get it spoiled?

Oh, and the future projects sound really interesting guys. I'll be keping a close eye on the SMYN Youtube channel.

Top Bottom