• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
That's kinda why I am a member of SWF, to be honest. SMYN.
SMYN and WTFP are pretty much the only reasons I still post on SWF. If it wasn't for them I would have probably stopped posting here completely like I did back in 2002.

And cool, the next podcast recording is late enough for me to catch CSI Miami beforehand and early enough that hopefully I won't be up til 5am again :)

Darkurai

Smash Master
so when swordy is introduced, we're saying 'JUMP OVER THE SWITCH' ?

what does that statement refer to?
Swordy was playing Oracle of Seasons on Stickam.
He was at a point where he needed to jump over a switch.

He couldn't figure out that he had to jump over it.

In the chat, we were all screaming JUMP OVER THE SWITCH!

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Here is a mailtime question for Youko (and Samurai Panda if he's dedicated enough). I'm a big Ohio State fan. I want to know what you guys think about the rivalry between THE Ohio State Buckeyes and the Michigan Wolverines. Do you even care and, if you do care, how dedicated are you about the rivalry? Don't hate me for loving the best college football team in the world!

Puffs

Smash Ace
I was in the chat for hours today. x_x Cool pokemon episodes, some games, and Youko beat Sports Jeopardy. Glorious day.

Here's my mailtime question:

Youko, Panda, switch jumper, what are your thoughts on the Metroid series? What do you think about sidescrollers vs FPS? Are you anticipating the announcement of a new title, or do you believe the series is due for another hiatus? And what you think of Sylux's appeareance in the full ending for Metroid Prime 3? You may omit that last question if it is too spoilerific.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
That fighting mode looks terrible.

And goddammit they turned the graphics down so much on the Wii version. D:
this is why I'm annoyed they're not releasing it on the PC since I don't want to play the Wii version and I now have to get a 360 if I want to play it >_> lol

That's kinda why I am a member of SWF, to be honest. SMYN.
Same here lol I only joined so I could comment on the podcast xD then I looked a few other places but I generally end up coming back here.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
For those of you who are interested, Youko and I went to a tournament a couple days ago. I wasn't playing too well (I gots insomnia johns) and Youko unfortunately learned first hand just how annoying G&W can be. But the bright side is that we have a couple friendlies that were apparently recorded. Here are the links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HbKy0XbnLg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWaqdRb7r0c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-0ledbRlmw

Also, I apparently main grimer.

omg grimer 4 top tier!1!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Of course, this is where you can see HOW MUCH BETTER Panda is than I am currently at this game...even with insomnia johns, lol, but it's better than nothing, right?

We'll have to work with getting the IRC chat set up like last time. That seemed to work well last time, right?

EDIT: Here's a contest entry by GSUmbreon:

Revven

FrankerZ
Of course, this is where you can see HOW MUCH BETTER Panda is than I am currently at this game...even with insomnia johns, lol, but it's better than nothing, right?
Yes, I definitely see where Panda has improved. He was watching what you were doing Youko, that and in the first match you seemed to like to roll into his attacks. But, I hate Olimar so I mean... I could see how much the match up must have sucked from the start. I suppose Panda will be the one to try to get you to be better, at least to where he is.

Good matches though, at least you didn't get three stocked in all three matches (the last one you did buuuut that's because of match up reasons... Kirby against Falcon? Really?) I'm gonna watch how Panda does in the tourney videos that are on that YT channel too. :)

I also like how well you used Diddy, Panda. Mine is just too crazy and random so, it was nice to see a Diddy that doesn't use Glide Tossing all the time like myself. I liked it, though like you said that stage is a disadvantage to Diddy in a lot of ways. I liked that banana gaming you did though at around 2 minutes or so, really good stuff.

Ya did good Panda, ya did good.

Trapt497

Smash Ace

We'll have to work with getting the IRC chat set up like last time. That seemed to work well last time, right?

EDIT: Here's a contest entry by GSUmbreon:

OMG that is amazing :D

But its totally missing a speech bubble that says "Mmmmm...quite. Indubitably."

Youko, I wasn't here last time or any other time so how does the IRC chat get set up? Should I come into the chat room before 5:00?

Darkurai

Smash Master
Pah. I'm gonna miss the recording - I'm taking my girlfriend out to see a movie. Stupid romance, getting in the way of my SMYN fix...
Ha. I laugh at you.

My girlfriend actually suggested coming to my house to listen to the recording with me.

Slowly, but surely, my plan to bring her into the SMYN community is working...

*evil laugh*

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
You will go to this site.

www.gamesurge.net/chat

(for people who attend the chat every month I suggest you bookmark it.)

After that click the type box and type /join #smyn

Then type /nick and enter the name you want or be Mic_randomnumber. XD
Lol, I was Mic_9000

anyways, in the last hours of the contest, I though I'd puting my last entry!

How could I resist saying my favorite moment was me?

Darkurai

Smash Master
Awesome episode guys but just one thing...WHO WON THE CONTEST??? or are you going to torture us and make us wait even MORE!

lulz its all good guys. Great job
They haven't decided.
It only just ended.

Agent, you're not in the realm.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
JUST listened on IRC...its a pretty good episode. Swordy doesn't talk as much as he should have though. Especially in the beginning. But later he does more. JUMP OVER THE SWITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys should have seen it in the IRC, people were going crazy with that phrase when Swordy was introduced...then Panda had to block us all off it was so bad lol.

No spoilers, but, I showed Panda my pencil trick.

No, they didn't announce the winner yet. No one knows, except the winner himself, until the episode comes out.

And OMG YAY I GOT A SHOUTOUT!!!! That was seriously my goal in life when I started listening to the podcast. I can die happy now :D.

PS Ness is in the Realm, Lucas is NOT :confused: <<zomgz0rz mindgames PEACE GUYS SEE YOU NEXT MONTH

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I'm not in the realm either, but I like rubbing it in.

Also, they haven't decided on the winner at all; I figure they'll be notified some time within the next week, although we won't find out until the episode airs.

Top Bottom