• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
dude....Easter Egg...MADE OF BADASSICUSNESSAGERY....

and very well done...

Deception

Smash Ace
SP, I was the guy who kept asking you about Ganondorf. I know he's good, but I like to hear other people say it.

Great Easter Egg, can't wait to hear from you in the future.

DisabledParking

Smash Rookie
Youko and SP, have to give your guys credit for an doing an amazing podcast and keeping it not only going for 35 straight weeks and releasing weekly episodes but for always making it entertaining. I also give you a lot of credit for being in touch with your fan base. Way to go. Oh btw Youko, I'm not sure if anyone else said this already but i'm pretty sure when Pit is using his final smash he is saying "all troops move out".

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
ALL TROOPS! That's it...thanks, DP! :)

Thanks for the kind words guys, they really mean a lot to the both of us to hear how the podcast has pleased its listeners!

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
...and BTW Falco says "Personally, I prefer the air," not "Personally, I prefer the end." Don't know if you found that out yet...lol.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Hey Youko, Panda... I love you guys. Its really gonna suck when I'm looking around for the next episode of SMYN on a Sunday, and I realize that there isn't one.

I feel like you guys are my friends, even though we've never met each other. Its like we got together every Sunday afternoon/night and just talked about Brawl and life and everything! None of my friends are quite as hyped about Brawl as I am, so I haven't really had much of an outlet for my excitement, except when I'm listening to SMYN. You guys get it. We're on the same wavelength. And that's awesome!

I realize the whole friend code issue, and how you really can't add everyone. Those 64 spots are prime real estate in your buddy lists, eh? You've probably already got half of it planned out!

So, while I know its crazy and next to impossible, I'm just gonna throw out my request to play some Brawl with you guys. Maybe not right off the bat, but someday, when things calm down and everyone is just enjoying Brawl, then perhaps we can have those matches. I'd really enjoy it!

Frogla

Smash Ace
I also agree that you guys have made more friends than you know. I also love you guys, and it really breaks my heart that I wont be getting my weekly dose of The innuendo's of Panda(and this is where he would say "in your end o)" and the awesome of Youko.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
Hey Youko, Panda... I love you guys. Its really gonna suck when I'm looking around for the next episode of SMYN on a Sunday, and I realize that there isn't one.

I feel like you guys are my friends, even though we've never met each other. Its like we got together every Sunday afternoon/night and just talked about Brawl and life and everything! None of my friends are quite as hyped about Brawl as I am, so I haven't really had much of an outlet for my excitement, except when I'm listening to SMYN. You guys get it. We're on the same wavelength. And that's awesome!

I realize the whole friend code issue, and how you really can't add everyone. Those 64 spots are prime real estate in your buddy lists, eh? You've probably already got half of it planned out!

So, while I know its crazy and next to impossible, I'm just gonna throw out my request to play some Brawl with you guys. Maybe not right off the bat, but someday, when things calm down and everyone is just enjoying Brawl, then perhaps we can have those matches. I'd really enjoy it!

same here!~

id wanna enjoy a good brawl or two with youko or samurai panda.

..but it just wont be possible.
its as impossible to brawl with gimpy.

:laugh:

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Yesh, it's not as if you guys are allofasuddenly going to stop doing the podcast because it switches to monthly. As they've said before, they love doing the podcast, and I don't see them ever really missing the monthly deadlilne.

I second your post, Xarias, it totally and absolutely expresses my feelings.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

You know, in addition to this, I just wanna say that episode 35 was a lot of fun. I'm not sure it was my favorite per se, but the easter eggs this time around were probably the best of all.

Just remember, Panda: *I* fight for my friends! Do you?

Lols.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I asked SP if ganon was good :p
Ganon isn't good. He's evil. Thought that was obvious ;)

Downloading it now, and gonna listent o it at work, as I've been doing with all your others lately. 6 hour shifts = 2 episodes, so I've caught up on most I've missed.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
End to the weekly Podcast. :(
I'm really glad you did this.
I'm really glad I listened.
You guys really care about Smash and community and stuff and I hold you guys in the highest respect.
Can't wait for your video review, your future podcasts, and whatever future projects you guys have coming. :)
I also hope to play you guys one day.
Well see you guys later.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
...and BTW Falco says "Personally, I prefer the air," not "Personally, I prefer the end." Don't know if you found that out yet...lol.
I was totally thinking this too cause of the whole Macbeth stage he says it and also on Titania I believe.
I think he says "I'll take the sky anyday."
Gotta love Star Fox. :)

panicjv0013

Smash Rookie
Man it sucks that you guys are ending the weekly podcast but I'm happy to know that you guys will be making them monthly, i don't post that much but I've been a huge fan of the podcast. And i would also love to brawl with you guys but it seems thats out of the question. I appreciate you guys putting the hard work into the podcasts, Thanks!

TonyTH07

Smash Cadet
Guys, thank you so much for doing this every week. It was very fun, and very nice to listen to people talk intelligently about smash. I commend you for your dedication for updating weekly as well. I imagine it was very tough at times, and just know, we enjoyed the hell out of these. I know you'll be doing monthly, but it's still sad to see this fun ride end ;-;

I love the idea of a tournament to get on the show too. I would jump all over that, and I actually hope you go through with that one. So I hope you go through with that XD

Fun ride guys. Hope I see ya on wifi sometime(Ya never know!)

RDK

Smash Hero
Aw, dammit! Now my big surprise is late! And it's not even close to completion...

*sighs, then resumes downloading*
I was hoping to get my interview with Youko out before they released the last episode, but I guess tonight will have to do.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Meh. I suppose that I wouldn't have been able to get it done before they did even if they put the new episode out normal time.

I suppose I can still try to finish; after all, I'm sure it'll still have just as much impact even if it's late.

SeanW

Smash Cadet
Ganon isn't good. He's evil. Thought that was obvious ;)

Downloading it now, and gonna listent o it at work, as I've been doing with all your others lately. 6 hour shifts = 2 episodes, so I've caught up on most I've missed.
Hahahah. Ooohhhh...zing. |]

Really though, there are times that I disagree with Panda and Youko, but as a fan of the podcast I gotta listen. Hell I put SMYN on my Zune and listen to it when I work or work out. It's a bummer to see the podcast's weekly dealie have to go to the way-side. Still it'll be kinda like a visit from an old friend when it does update. Actually I think SMYN is what really kept me coming to the Smash Boards.

Plus if you're noticing a steep decline in listeners Youko, maybe try a Tri-Weekly thing? Just tossin' it out there.

One thing I wanna know regarting the questions, who asked the Mega64 question again? I'm pretty interested in Mega64 myself, my friends got me in to it and I love it.

As for Falco's English voice, nothing can be as bad as "TRY TO STAY ALIVE, HUHFOX!" Honestly, that line makes me cringe on the inside like woah. And personally, I think "Too easy, piece of CAKE~!"(As recited actor of the year, Jason Griffith) is gonna be the end all rattling cages victory taunt.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Well, finished the final weekly episode and I just wanted to thank you, like many others in the thread, for the great job you've both done in consistantly updating with a podcast each week, including the Pandacasts which were excellent in their own right. It was a great thing to look forward too each month, considering none of my friends are really as hyped about Brawl as I've been, and listening to SMYN was just a good way to sort of take in all the information and get some different perspectives on it.

Anyway, hope you guys have fun with Brawl next week (whilst many others, including myself, are trapped in the blasted PAL region :urg: may have to jump on the FreeLoader + Import band-wagon soon) and I'll be certainly still looking forward to the monthly podcasts. Good job, guys.

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
I've been listening for a couple months now. Great job on the podcast you guys. It helped make the wait that much shorter.

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Mega64 is awesome. I particularly like the one where the guy dressed as the merchant from RE4 walks around a car park asking people "What are you buying?" etc. It's so funny!

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Cool, Youko you're a band geek too. Sweet. I'm in drumline.

For Mega64 I saw like one or two things where they do Resident Evil 4 (What're ya buyin') and Mario Bros. where somebody hops in a Kuribo's shoe.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I just finished listening to Ep 35, and all of the sudden, when it all ended, I had a sad feeling. Like the feeling you have when you live with a friend for a long time and then he moves out.

I will miss the weekly updates :S. I will be one sticking around to hear the monthly ones.

You guys did an awesome job, thanks for always being there and always meeting the weekly updates.

Top Bottom